Disappearing Dinos Fix Thread

Jen

Current Version: v255.7
* Potentially fixed a case of disappearing Dinos (not retroactive)
* Added Tribe Log when a Dino starves to death (going forward be sure to look for this if your Dino isn't around!)

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jen last couple batches of baby dinos I have done - no losses the fix seems to have worked. prior the same issues in the thread, they would disappear without notice if you left render. I have my nursery enclosed on foundations as I thought my issue may have been related to using ceiling tiles for the floor so rebuilt.

still have dino glitch from one floor to the next in appearance but need to relog in this case to fix it or I can not mount, call nor ride them when there in this state.

Well what ever fix you had, has actualy resulted in my Giga disappearing.

When I logged in yesterday there were 2 gigas sat in my hanger- today there is now 1. (spookily its the female thats gone)

No record at all in the tribe log that anything has happened to it.

All other issues are recorded (baby starving, no longer required eggers killed)

I am really coming to the end of my patience with this game. Hours and hours of work gone in seconds.  With all the unwelcomed changes being implied atm Jen, we really need to get his issue sorted out.

I loose another random dino (especially a high level (giga)) i really am done.

So it was sat in my hanger which is on the underside cave, west side of the south snow mountain - Centre map.

Hanger sits outside of the cave (on the up ramp to mountain) no log at all of its demise/loss.

I guess i have another few weeks of breeding, and hope that the one egg i have in the fridge is a female

We lost a Quetzal recently. He is still alive according to the tribe log but totaly gone. Could not find him at his parking location and where he was spoted last time. Corrds are around 49/89. Someone rendered it and as we approched a few hours later it was gone. It has a transponder attached which is not on the map anymore.

Server PVE 278

ARK My Level 270 Rex fell under the map it was my only rex

im in the red woods at 51.1lat 49.3 lon my base is be side a fallen down red wood tree and i always park my ex be side it for 2weeks now but from some reason why i logged off and logged back on an hour latter it was gone no death message in tribe log plzz will a dev help me i have tried every thing  Xbox1 eu-officialserver19

Thank you.  This problem has plagued my tribe even as recently as last week.

The problem occurs most often when ARK crashes or a player gets DC'd and is riding or standing next to the dino.  Upon re-log, the dino will be gone if no other tribe members were in render distance.  Even having a tracker turns up no results.  For example, I lost a tapejara this way while flying last week.

Server 374 has a big time issue with this, even worse since the last patch. Not only do we randomly have dinos dissapearing but we also have our babies falling right through the map as it is being born. I have attached a video to show you! we just had 3 pregnant ovis and all three babies fell right through the map we were able to get it recorded this time around. Including the three we lost today we have lost a total of 5 in just this week. Others on our server have lost 5 or more dinos just in the past week alone. 

On March 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

Will this patch fix the dragon boss leaving the arena upon spawning it in??? My tribe on official server have summoned it 15 times and have only been able to successfully fight it one time which was on the third attempt of 15. Extremely frustrating. This is the medium dragon boss.

It looks like this when it leaves the arena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=-cDIzrj9vj4

then it returns our players to the ark.

So many artifacts acts and resources and time wasted. We really want clarity on this issue as do many others

This is my original msg to the Devs regarding my missing Gigas............NOTE multiple gigas have vanished for me (3 total).  This first copy is for the first 2 (canned "we do nothing" response from the Devs).

LadiDog1950

Mar 5, 12:58 PM PST

The day After the 30hr roll back I saw Rolling Thunder (giga) on the server. However a few hours later he vanished. I believed to to be a result of the roll back (although he was in no way involved with it). Today, 3/5/17 I logon to find a SECOND Giga has vanished. She was there yesterday when I logged off and seen by others earlier today but at approx noon (Cali time) she's gone. NO death noted int he log in both cases............I worked really hard raising both of these gigas...........I would like both of them returned/replaced. The location of the disappearance in both instances is 68.5,38.3 immediately outside my base where they have been since the big baby Vday event. I know you guys have your hands full with the server screw up............but this is important to me. Thanks for your time
Marie Davis

This is the msg regarding the 3rd giga that vanished about 10 days after the first 2.............Mind you, same server (762) and 2 different locations over about 2 wks.............I am still getting the 'we do nothing and are closing your ticket response".  I just found this forum.  Hopefully you can assist me.

LadiDog1950

Mar 13, 6:45 PM PDT

Hi,

I took to heart your response about my 2 missing Gigas and was going to let it drop (hard as it was……….they took a LONG LONG time to raise), BUT then I had a 3rd Giga disappear just yesterday. Much lower lvl and different location on the same server, but come on now. HOW many am I supposed to just sit back and accept………….I have to no more…………..Please look into this. I feel it does not fall into your normal occasion despawn…………..Something is up.

Thanks,

Marie Davis

reminder: 3 gigas, Rolling Thunder, Gigi, and now
Victory all missing from SE server 762 all vanished in the last 2 weeks

Does this fix address the issue with live births and fertilized eggs missing?  I'm on NA592 and half the time I mate my dinos, no fertilized egg drops. Same with thyla births, no cub drops out. They all do the squat when the gestation bar completes and the mate timer resets on the female, but no egg or baby. I've tried moving locations to second story ceiling tiles, on the bare ground, on foundations. It makes no difference and it's happened hit or miss on the eggs for over a month but constantly on the thyla births.

I have lost 2 plesiosaurus out of my water pen at 29.2 14.6 on the island map server PvE 486. One was a fresh tame, the other a well established tame. Megalodons and icthys in the same pen, seems to be no problem with them. As for if it was in stasis or not I don't know for sure. There are not very many bases by mine up in the north (main reason i moved up here) However they disappeared while I was offline. Which one could say means it was stasis but for all I know someone decided to tame something near my pen area. while I was offline.

These two events happened on different days, the first I believe was on fri, at least that's when I noticed it missing. And the second happened yesterday after I tamed a replacement for the one I lost. I do hope this info helps if I can give anything more let me know.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived