Disappearing Dinos Fix Thread

Jen

my friend had 3 raised gigas on SE and they all disappeared for no reason pre patch. its sad when support stops helping their customers on issues that are obviously not fixed. Telling people you do not replace lost or stuck dinos is one thing but saying it before fixing multiple issues where dinos were randomly disappearing is lazy on your part. but this has been proven time and time again with Wildcard's hasty decisions. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

Well I just logged onto ark on PS4 and one of my dodos was missing.. It was in the tribe log as being killed by a Theri even though it was inside a locked room

"This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback"

22 minutes ago, Thatch said:

I created a fix for anything that goes under the map. It will fall from the sky in the area it fell through so it will never disappear. This will also work on players cheating under the map, they will find themselves falling to their death. Animals of course will survive and can be found ON the ground.

This of course will need some more lengthy testing to be sure it catches everything that falls through the map floor but it is exactly the type of initiative that needs to be pursued by WC. They don't need to be sourcing information about a small coding issue they found that MAY possibly fix one of the biggest game breaking bugs. What they need to do is roll up their sleeves and do some real work with real solutions like this moder set out to do. Kudos to you for your drive to help others. It's a shame the company you moded for doesn't share the same drive. I base that belief not on their lack of ability to fix bugs but solely on the canned responses, or lack there of from their "support" team. If anyone from WC does happen to read this response remember, all the content  in the world will never fix a broken game ?. To add to the post we breed as well and have lost baby Rex's like many others. 

Lost my fire wyvern in the scar close to the lava fall on monday.A friend got stuck and died. I went to whistle for his wyvern and got killrd came back to whistle to my wyvern and my wyvern vanished. My tribemates wyvern died to the lava but mine never died. Couldnt find it anywhere on the map.tribelog still says nothing. Also yesterdau was transfering from se to the island i lost my survivor. I am still in the tribe on both servers but i can only "create new survivor". Cross ark 3 na

Well I have made lots of bug reports using the bug report site. I runn a center Prim server and the last 3 weeks has been really bad. So I really hope this fix works. I my slef lost 4 meglasuruses that was inn stasis. Sins I play on 2 acconts I was at my base and see one missing when I logg my main they are all missing ( I Live inn the icecastle ) . Tho the last week one player lost 3 off 5 gigas parked at the same spot. I had a other tribe lose 3 off there pterras. the same tribe lost tons off prulovias to sins when placed inn a cave they disaperes, when they log inn one time one off there tribe members cud see they falling under the map when she logged in. Tho the biggest problem whit the purlovias is when they are babies if you render out or dc and they are not on a roof or fundament you can say good bye to them :/ If on a fundement they wil be under the floor when you come back and you need to try and whisle follow on them to get them up. Ovis falling I made lots off post about and bug reports. This has been a problem sins they added them to the game. They to need to be born on a celing whit a fundament under sins they can fall thrugh one lair off celings. Tho not have anny problems whit babies that eats stops eating, we have a big problems whit the trodoons spes afther the valentines day event. looks like that the food consumtions is a litte messed up afther that. Sins I breeded trodoons before and afther. They now need to be force feed to long out inn juvinal. I get lots off frustrated players when things liek this happens, tho the disapering off dinos has been a long time the last 3 weeks has been really bad. 

On 3/25/2017 at 5:02 AM, Karnivore said:

a big part of this issue is when baby dinos, from juvi or ado stage just stop eating from troughs and die, this needs to be fixed by bringing them out of render range of the troughs and then back again.

We lost 11 / 52 rexs from this bug, do you think this has been fixed as well ?

lost 5 spinos to this :(

We've been loosing a lot of juvys recently to this. Seems to mainly happen with twins and triplets to us. Need this sorted as soon as, wasting so many hours breeding, feeding and imprinting to get them to trough stage only to come on a few hours later to dead dinos next to a full trough. It's put me off breeding altogether until this is sorted.

My ptera disappeared after the server was updated to newest version of the game. It was there before the patch, but after it was gone. Cords: lat 57.9  lon 62.5 It was standing in the stone pen built from fundations and walls, surrounded by other flyers I own.

I did not get message about ptera disappearience in the tribe log.

A few days ago my ptera level 350 with color mutation blue wings randomlly dissapeared. I thought it might have been left nearby so i looked around and couldnt find anything. I want to know if i can get help looking for it or get a reufund. I know it didn't die for sure becasue ive been checking tribe logs and also the surrounding region was completly searched by my whole 20 man tribe. 

I lost 3 Rex's and a Spino on XB1 thought they just wandered off, didn't realise it was a bug. Basecamp is at the Oasis by carno island, its a little too large of an area for the gate to render in i thought might have been the problem. Guess not.

Edit: I have lost a ton of eggs being dropped below the ground mesh, never bred a mammal yet so luckily no babies dropped through the floor. It's always been a thing with ARK, I remember when you could never find your body if you hit the ground too hard. I think the 2 things are very related

On 3/24/2017 at 10:04 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

We are still having dino's poof with no log entry.  Mainly Baby/Juvi's   On TheCenter 602

On 3/24/2017 at 10:04 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

4 of my 250+ rexes disappeared this morning 5 mins after I got on and moved them all went inside and came back out they were gone :( 

Server 593 PVE -The Center

Had a freshly tamed Equus vanish off the back of the quetz when we were leaving the Underground World, entrance coords 49,59. We were flying up the tunnel and we were randomly teleported to the top. Equus was gone, nothing in tribe log, no where around the entrance or in the area. :( She was really pretty.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Just lost 2 juvenile rexes today and another juvenile rex last week. I don't remember a lot of the details on the one from last week but the 2 today were located in my base standing on metal foundations within range of the feeding troughs and had plenty of food. I logged off our private server and I was the only one on at the time, but I've done that plenty of times with no issue. Logged back on 3 hours later to refil troughs but both had disappeared. I check the tribe log and it showed nothing regarding the dinos. Ghosted through the map to see if they dropped but they were not below.

• 2 weeks later...

Tribe on my server was raising a mosasaur. They had taken pictures of the baby and of their tribe log, nothing was found when they came back. Juvenile stage in a locked metal tower that descended into water, it was impossible for anything to have gotten inside. I spectated their base and couldn't find the nametag of the beast anywhere, not even stuck in an iceberg or in the immediate area.

Archived