Disappearing Dinos Fix Thread

Jen

My Argentavis disappeard after a roll back, there is no message in the tribe log, and i know that the argentavis was with me at the point when the last save happened. This was on the Extinction map at Lat: 21.6 / Lon: 47.1

*Edit:* A hours later i find my Argentavis out of bounds. I assume it must've clipped through the terrain as the roll back happened.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heyo, I had a case where my dinos disappeared. First was an Enforcer on Rag. It was falling then disappeared in front of me. The second case was a Managarmr. I just collected an Explorer note and then my toolbar and stats disappeared, then the Managamr disappeared and I died. when I died it didn't leave a death location on the map and there were no bags or tribe logs for either of the deaths.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Today me Rex (Rebecca) dissapeared by slowly sinking beneath the ground. I was trying to get my bronto past it in my own base, and it (the rex) and I dropped beneath the ground. I saw a lot of water, but then my character reappeared above the ground. The Rex was almost completely gone, with its top most portion of the body still above. I couldn't mount it, but I could access it's inventory, so i took the saddle. Wish I had thought to cryo freeze it before it completely dissapeared. Please help! My base is around 75x75 on the Island. Also, I checked the tribe log, and it doesn't show that it has died.

2 hours ago, Fathersuperior said:

Hi. Today me Rex (Rebecca) dissapeared by slowly sinking beneath the ground. I was trying to get my bronto past it in my own base, and it (the rex) and I dropped beneath the ground. I saw a lot of water, but then my character reappeared above the ground. The Rex was almost completely gone, with its top most portion of the body still above. I couldn't mount it, but I could access it's inventory, so i took the saddle. Wish I had thought to cryo freeze it before it completely dissapeared. Please help! My base is around 75x75 on the Island. Also, I checked the tribe log, and it doesn't show that it has died.

Can you still see it under the map? Press K and move the camera under the world and see if you can visually spot it. If it is not moving and you can still see it, poke a ticket to support with the Latitude and Longitude and a possible picture of it, along with the server name, etc.  https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2017 at 11:04 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

My dinosaurs keep disappearing this is getting tedious I'm tired of getting dinosaurs because they're just going to disappear the last incident was one pterodactyl and two argentavis the two birds or flying are right in front of me everyone's program to follow me I was debating on where to go next all the sudden my birds start fighting each other and flying up so I jumped on my pterodactyl try to whistle for them to stop when I got about halfway to the top of the sky they stopped and just disappeared right in front of me then my pterodactyl kicked me off as I fell if followed and disappeared I lost a lot of rare items that were in those birds and I spent months leveling all three of them up along with the other 22 dinosaurs that have disappeared where you front of my eyes on random parts of the map this last incident what is latitude 54 longitude 73 the time before that was a pterodactyl that kicked me off over the water and disappeared on the way down chasing me that one was at longitude 50 latitude 50 and all this goes on please give me an answer otherwise I don't want to play the game anymore there's no point if all your hard work just disappears more random T-Rexes teleport and fall on top of you from the sky and kill everything you have along with red doors and everything else just teleports like it's tedious and tiring please fix

• 4 weeks later...

NA PVP OFFICAIL RAGNAROK CLASSICPVP27 (v298.37)

was flying with arge and prtera. Landed neer green obelisk to mine metal. Landed with Arge set to U command. Ptera was on fallow arge. Mined the node went to arge to load him up...was in my Arge’s inventory and both Dino’s disappeared. Poof left me on the top of a mountain. Please help

• 2 weeks later...

2017?  I didn't even know this thread existed.  We see Drakes disappear without a log all the time when they go in the elemental waters.  But now the support team wants proof of every tame lost (I guess we're supposed to video all our play sessions) and they're never going to give you a dino with the stats you lost.

• 5 months later...

Today i lost a wyvern with element and a 1k giga melee cry inside in an official pve ext, its just sad because i know they will take like 1 month to give me 1 lvl 200 and with poop stats. You guys need to fix this issue i was a new player and get 2 giga eggs as a gift and for me to have the same dino will take months but you don't care so its gg.

the dino was inside a building in passive and i fly half the map looking for it but its not there and there is no death notice on the tribe manager.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My buddy and i were going on a Karkinos and Ankylo for a metal run on Abberation ORP cross ark 6 and right around 30 Lat 60 Long the karkinos ran the anky into on of the big redwood trees me (on the anky) immediately died with my body in the middle of the tree, which we could not retrieve, and the ankylo dissapeared. We went to the top of the tree and looked all around and it was no where to be found. It did not die in tribe logs so im not sure what to do. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 11:04 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

Im on xbox, I know this doesn't pertain to me, but thought Id give some input to the crew of possible bug on our end......had 12 argies, a tapajero, and a tek suit come up missing.

First off, xbox x. Sandisk SSD connected via 3.0 USB, and hardwired to the network. We are also playing single player offline, split screen.
Next, we uncryopodded the entire argy fleet and the tappy at the very point of the easy spawn point next to the middle river where our base is located. We then flew to the hard ice cave of the strong to transfer large amounts of crystal back to base. I also brought a anky and two yuty's. 

After the run and delivering all the crystal back, we cryopodded everyone up on site, and put them into the cryo freezer......they disappeared. All except the yuty and the anky, which was cryo podded up at the ice cave.....they did not disappear.
The whole trip took less than 2 hours to get the crystal and get back home, but we did not noticed for about a day.....put them up, then forgot about them. But when I noticed, it was devastating….Many of the argies was high level and had good saddles, but the tappy had a tek saddle. We then noticed the tek suit in our clothing bank vault had disappeared. Not sure if they are linked, but it seemed to have all been lost at the same time.
I have looked, checked empty cryopod's, nothing.

Not looking for any help on the matter, just thought Id point it out and try to provide some information on the matter.

• 11 months later...

Hi, i was on rockwell heart killing stuff to lvl up my baby reaper when i got attack by a noglin and giga kill me, when i reach my body i sough the giga attacking something but after retriving the stuff from my body giga was gone nowhere to be found and is not on tribe list as dead so he migh have mesh and teleport somewhere else, pls i need help since that giga as the only max out saddle for them, GM Aytho refuse to help and close ticket by given a copy/paste reply saying there is no reiumburse for genesis 2 when i ask help whit finding a dino that just disappear and might be somewhere in the map!!!!

Gen 1 hlna teleport can make your tame vanish and he won't be at original location either. Tribe log doesn't say the tame died it just straight up dissappears. 

Happened to me was being raided at the time managed to load up a tame with all the best stuff on got to safety and used the tp function.

It wasn't raiders that wiped me instead i died to the worse enemy.... gamebreaking 🐛 

Archived