Disappearing Dinos Fix Thread

Jen

Official PvE the Island. Our most recent loss was a level 395 snail I tamed in a Scorched cave. Was chillin in our base (on a foundation floor) at the beacon at 59.7 25.5 above the west swamp. Disappeared when I turned my back for 5 seconds to grab him some veggie cakes. He was secretly my favorite of our two snails.

Shameful that this is still happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2017 at 11:04 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! We've been hard at work and we believe we have potentially fixed a case that has caused dinos to disappear. This thread is being provided so that you (PC players only) can provide feedback on this fix and let us know if you see a noticeable difference and improvement.

You should not have a case where your dino dies/disappears without leaving a message in the tribe log. 

If you find that your dino has still disappeared with no update in the tribe log, please post here and try to provide as much information as possible about the case in which the dino has disappeared (example: where the dino is locations/what are the surroundings, was the dino in stasis, were you near the dino, etc).

We look forward to your feedback!

Had 2 otters go missing in a littlw pool in the cave at 18 , 78 on ragnarok Dont know if stasis or not just turn around and poof

• 2 months later...

5 built out boats with valuable resources on them vanished overnight.

10 + dinos and a dodo farm - not super valuable on larger scale, but we are a small tribe and it took us time and effort to get those flyers.

All gone overnight. They were fed. They were safe. Had that base for over a year without problems. Play regularly. They did not starve. 

PVE. The Island. Legacy 333. Nothing in logs. 

This is very disheartening. We can work our way back with time and effort, and it will be faster, because we have more resources than when we first got the boats and dinos. 

But what about folks who have dinos that take 100x the investment to get and they vanish?

THAT IS NOT OK. PLEASE FIX. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 9:22 AM, JamesDoty said:

Update to my giga situation posted earlier.  My giga is visible in/under the ground now, but I can't get him out.  Any suggestions?

EDIT:  I got him out.  When giga disappeared, it was set to follow me.  I was out on my rex today and was in an area considerably lower in elevation than where I live.  My giga's head appeared in a low area, following me.  I tried flying up out of render and back to get it to pop up, no luck.  Instead I took a rex and walked to the ocean.  When the land dropped lower than the giga seemed to be, he popped through and was free.  I got my giga back.  :)

Lucky you my giga that fell through the map died on server restart.12 days imprinting the damn thing to 100%.....

20171020184043_1.jpg

Disconnecting or dying while on a flying dino often results in the dino going very high above or near the point of coming off the flyer.

Question for WildCard:  If that happens in a cave-like environment (thinking about Aberration here), could that force the dino through the terrain above and result in the loss of that dino?

• 1 month later...

I lost one level 84 argintavos. Right in front of my base. I died from parahnas and respawned. I hoped on my bird to retrieve my items. I hopped off it for 1 second and It disappeared. No death in my tribe log. Had 1k health, 240% damage and like 800 stamina. My coordinates were 41.5 lat and 18.1 lon. Her name was Argy. On Xbox official server 560. HAAAALLLP!plz

• 1 month later...

Played on a privat aberration server, taimed an aberrant Otter at 31.0 34.6, i went there with my max level ice Wyvern, which i got in Ragnarock. As i got out of the water with the Otter, my Wyvern vanished in front of me.
I took damage from an Sacro at the very same time. The Wyvern was passive.

No death notification whatsoever, nothing in tribe log. I checked 50, 50 if hes there but ofc not.
Fix your game now :)

I currently have a doed stuck between map layers on ragnarok NACrossark-3. Unacceptable for a so called finished game that the price doubled on but performance is the same.

He was weighted with stone, went to pick with quetz and the quetz pushed him through the map. I can see him in K mode and gave him a trough out of pity.

• 2 weeks later...

hoping this thread is still getting checked but here it goes.. So moments ago, April 19, 2018, I'm playing on single player on the island map. I carried my direwolf over to the central cave with my argy. I dropped my wolf outside so i could park my argy inside but when i entered the cave I aggroed a few onycs. My direwolf, though outside was still set on neutral and charged into the cave to protect me. During the chaos I saw him pass on my left when i was facing the cave entrance and my direwolf seemingly disappeared. I used the free 'k' cam to look through the walls, ceiling and floor but cant see him anywhere. Whistled all to follow but only my argy responded. No new message in my tribe log. The map through the walls, ground and roof is super sketchy though because its all jagged-edged, and looks like the loading ends abruptly and water way down, hope there is a fix for this.

3 hours ago, randybobandy2 said:

hoping this thread is still getting checked but here it goes.. So moments ago, April 19, 2018, I'm playing on single player on the island map. I carried my direwolf over to the central cave with my argy. I dropped my wolf outside so i could park my argy inside but when i entered the cave I aggroed a few onycs. My direwolf, though outside was still set on neutral and charged into the cave to protect me. During the chaos I saw him pass on my left when i was facing the cave entrance and my direwolf seemingly disappeared. I used the free 'k' cam to look through the walls, ceiling and floor but cant see him anywhere. Whistled all to follow but only my argy responded. No new message in my tribe log. The map through the walls, ground and roof is super sketchy though because its all jagged-edged, and looks like the loading ends abruptly and water way down, hope there is a fix for this.

Use the ghost command to go down and check the water below. Often creatures falling through the terrain end up there. If you find it, you can either fly/ghost it back up, or have it follow you to "proper" water where it'll pop back onto the terrain. If all else fails, you can also load up an older save, upload the wolf there, then download it on your live save.

Hi guys, hope this is still being read, just lost my lvl 37 spino (yes i know its a low lvl but this is a big deal to me, im a noob). on an official ORP the island sever. Lost at roughly Lat 38, Lon 21.

Was on my doedicurus, commanded the spino to follow (and i distinctly remember seeing the text that it is following), then ran about 100m with the doedicurues....turn around, no Spino, nowhere in site.

Flew an argentavis around in all directions, nowhere in site.....i tried looking through the floor by riding 1 of my dinos into a cliff at a weird angle, could see the bottom of the map but couldn't see any spino. Tribe log hasn't popped up saying he has died, looked everywhere and can't find him.

not sure if it will help, but the spino is set to neutral, PLEASE HELP I MISS MY DEAR SPINO!

6 hours ago, whitepuma said:

Hi guys, hope this is still being read, just lost my lvl 37 spino (yes i know its a low lvl but this is a big deal to me, im a noob). on an official ORP the island sever. Lost at roughly Lat 38, Lon 21.

<snip snip>

You need to submit a ticket for official support.

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000784588-How-to-Submit-a-Ticket

My Fire Wyvern (Mr Burns) disappeared about a month ago. It was a present from a friend and I didn't imprint on it so I wasn't bothered enough to submit a ticket about it. Plus I use Shadowplay to record everything in-game. But when this happened my drive was too full to record new clips so I couldn't even provide video evidence of how it happened.

So instead I will explain it here.

A buyer from the forums needed to go to the obelisk to retrieve payment. I live across from Carno Island to the South West, so Green obelisk is naturally the closest. But instead of flying there directly I decided to use my public teleporter at Frozen Tooth to get us half way.

When I teleported us someone else was already on the platform on a Quetz as they were just about to start a farming run. I think the collision of the Wyvern and Quetz made my Wyvern not spawn in correctly and I lost it completely during transit. I spent the next hour or two flying around the vicinity of each teleporter (from the top of the map to the floor). It was completely no where to be found. I even tried using K-Mode to look underneath the map in case it had got under there somehow.

Alas I couldn't find it anywhere. The strangest part however is that to this day. I have still not received a message in tribe log about it auto-decaying or starving to death. So I have absolutely no idea what is going on there.

The buyer was very apologetic as it wouldn't have happened if they had the transmitter tekgram unlocked. However ultimately it's no one's fault but just an unforeseen bug that cost me my beautiful Mr Burns :(

Hey there Jen, 

My tribe has a big huge problem, yesterday our 275 hatch Giga just disapeard out of the blue :( I was just finished pairing our Giga and was about to bring  back  trying to ride it what didnt worked coz it was kinda bugged somehow, even there was nothing what stoped it from moving but still . Tryed it for an hour with all possible ways to get it out there and to ride it but nothing worked I could just enter the inventar of the Giga thats it. And suddenly while it was on follow me it just disapeard ? or glitched away Idk I m so down.  Please help us to get it back somehow. 

Pm. Sorry for my bad english btw 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2 separate case of disappearing dinos in the past few weeks in PVE server 495. @Jen @Jatheish

incident 1 : GPS 18.2 65.7
1 Bronto / 1 ptera / 1 direwolf / 1 doedi / 1 giga

incident 2: GPS 81.3 46.5
1 bronto / 1 rex / 2 quetzals / 1 ovi /1 spino

The rest of the alliance tribes also lost an estimate of 25 dinos. They just vanished into thin air. no tribe logs no nothing.

Can someone do something about it before everything goes MIA?

• 2 months later...

My daughter just noticed about 4 of our otters are missing. Just up and disappeared in the last couple of days. She hasn't logged in and so i've just been running around putting food in their troughs not paying attention. 

@Jen we play on an unofficial server by Nitrado on the Island map. The otters are kept in a pen we made for them in our base. I went in ghost mode and couldn't find them under the pen at all. This is not the first time we've had missing pets. My daughter had a compy go missing and we found it in the redwood forest by accident. She also had another creature go missing but i'm not sure what it was and that one died. The otters show nothing in the log at all and are just not there. 

GPS coords are 83 70 estimated. 

5 minutes ago, Pandyana said:

My daughter just noticed about 4 of our otters are missing. Just up and disappeared in the last couple of days. She hasn't logged in and so i've just been running around putting food in their troughs not paying attention. 

@Jen we play on an unofficial server by Nitrado on the Island map. The otters are kept in a pen we made for them in our base. I went in ghost mode and couldn't find them under the pen at all. This is not the first time we've had missing pets. My daughter had a compy go missing and we found it in the redwood forest by accident. She also had another creature go missing but i'm not sure what it was and that one died. The otters show nothing in the log at all and are just not there. 

GPS coords are 83 70 estimated. 

Check 50 50 on the map, lost dinos sometimes get teleported there.

1 hour ago, Amalar said:

I don't think they will acknowledge this, especially not for console.

Posting here is sadly pointless.

Not on console on Windows 10 but they really need to step up their game (no pun intended) and fix this glitch or whatever it is. Is rather disappointing to find your tames just go poof!

@Weiss I checked there and nothing. I did find a horse though lol

I run Ark-Tools ( https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools )  every 30 minutes on my server to list tame dinos.

Whenever a dino disappears from the map (usually Ragnarok) it also disappears from the list of dinos.

Neither is there anything in the Tribe Log to indicate what happened.

The "Scar" on Ragnarok causes the most disappearances.

Archived