Disappearing Dinos Fix Thread

Jen

I was exploring the lower south cave and i went left towards the artifact with 7 carnos, I got the artifact and also tame 3 megalasaurs, i went back up to immediately leave the cave but i left 6 carnos by the first cave supply drop, i took one carno n and the 3 megalasaurs, i left the cave then left those 4 dinos out then ran back inside. when i got back there was only 2 carnos left in the area by the first supply drop. There was no death marker sayin the other four died but i searched the entire cave and they were nowhere to be seen, i know they are still alive but i cant find them at all, pls fix this glitch, ion wanna lose anymore dinos from cave adventures

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I sit, wondering if my official server will ever come back online, I figure I will post another instance of disappearance here:

I had a horse, enclosed in a pen on the sides and above, no floor.  Had him maybe a month.  Logged in one day, and he was gone.  No message, nothing at all.  He could not have been picked, could not have wandered away, just disappeared.  I am the only one in my tribe, so I know no one just took him for a ride, either.

I was taking my Giga out today, Got out of my gate, stopped to jump off and close the gate.  As soon as I hit E, I stood up on the saddle.  Poof, Giga disappeared out from under me.  This was at coords 44 28 on official server 326.  The Giga was set neutral and to follow me.  Happened about 8:30 or 9PM EST 07/10/17.  I looked all around, used K to peek under map, no sign.  No messages in tribe log. 

32 minutes ago, JamesDoty said:

I was taking my Giga out today, Got out of my gate, stopped to jump off and close the gate.  As soon as I hit E, I stood up on the saddle.  Poof, Giga disappeared out from under me.  This was at coords 44 28 on official server 326.  The Giga was set neutral and to follow me.  Happened about 8:30 or 9PM EST 07/10/17.  I looked all around, used K to peek under map, no sign.  No messages in tribe log. 

Had my Rock Elemental disappear as soon as it tamed. Have a ticket in for it currently, hoping I can get it returned to me. 

11 hours ago, trbaron said:

3 years ago called and asked about all the bug reports from back then.

Jen started this thread seven days ago, so the bug may still be relevant. I do not know as I have never had the issue. I *DO* know that sometimes a dino in a cave will "pop" out onto the land above the cave, but beyond that I dunno'.

Update to my giga situation posted earlier.  My giga is visible in/under the ground now, but I can't get him out.  Any suggestions?

EDIT:  I got him out.  When giga disappeared, it was set to follow me.  I was out on my rex today and was in an area considerably lower in elevation than where I live.  My giga's head appeared in a low area, following me.  I tried flying up out of render and back to get it to pop up, no luck.  Instead I took a rex and walked to the ocean.  When the land dropped lower than the giga seemed to be, he popped through and was free.  I got my giga back.  :)

Well, its been a long time since I have had a dinosaur fall through the map so I already assumed this may have been fixed. Only issue I have with dinosaurs is some looking like they have fallen through my ceiling, but their physical identity is still where they were left because I try to walk there and I get pushed back, but I can see their texture/skin (whatever you call it) under the ceiling. Its only fixed when I whistle the dinosaur to follow me, then it floats back on top of the ceiling. 

I hope this made sense xD

PC Official Server - The Island - Griffin Disappeared

Hello,

I had just brought back my Griffin from the Rag server and was out flying around.  I stopped in the Snow Biome (around 29,50) to dismantle some wooden spike walls i had set down a few days ago for a quetzal tame.  I was attacked by a few sabertooths and after I took care of those I noticed my Griffin had completely disappeared (it was behind me - had back turned for a second).  I searched for about 20 minutes on my Ptera and gave up.  No information on tribe log.  Griffin was on Passive. 

33 minutes ago, Unphayzd said:

PC Official Server - The Island - Griffin Disappeared

Hello,

I had just brought back my Griffin from the Rag server and was out flying around.  I stopped in the Snow Biome (around 29,50) to dismantle some wooden spike walls i had set down a few days ago for a quetzal tame.  I was attacked by a few sabertooths and after I took care of those I noticed my Griffin had completely disappeared (it was behind me - had back turned for a second).  I searched for about 20 minutes on my Ptera and gave up.  No information on tribe log.  Griffin was on Passive. 

Something similar happened with my griffin 2 days ago. I left my griffin outside a cave while I was inside and when I came out it was gone. I thought it fell through the map. Today someone found my griffin randomly in the desert on SE.

Don't give up! It might still be there somewhere!

• 4 weeks later...

Something odd has happened to me on three separate occasions across two servers (PVE 758 SE, & PVE 486 the island)

The first one happened on SE 758 a couple of weeks ago. High Level Argy (211 or so). I parked it at Red Ob, jumped to another server and jumped back, all in less than 15 minutes. When I returned, Argy was gone. I looked around the area thinking it might have been attacked but found nothing. No log post has ever appeared telling me it had died.

Event #2 Happened yesterday 8/12/17. Tossed a High level mesopithicus (225) from characters shoulder, it hit the floor (tree platform), then ran and jumped off the edge and fell to the ground. I went to retrieve it and couldn't find it either on the ground, within the whole of my base's compound, nor in the immediate area outside the gates. Today (8/13) it is killed by a dire bear somewhere.

Event #3 happened today, 8/13/17. Landed high level Argy (232) and jumped off to dive in the river to kill some fish for prime fish meat tame. When I turned back to the shore, no Argy. It wasn't flying around, hovering, or anything. I swept the area whistling for about an hour working out from the place I landed and up from it using both argies and quetz, to no avail. No entry in log.

The first incident I chalked up to  normal ark stuff, figured it got killed while I was away even though it was pretty tough and had really good attack stats. The second was just weird, and though I was bugged about it, the monkey wasn't something I normally used. But the third incident really bothered me. Not only was it a really tough bird with superb stats, but it had a mastercraft saddle and it was the backbone of my daily ark duties. A real loss. 

7 hours ago, Knight0w1 said:

Something odd has happened to me on three separate occasions across two servers (PVE 758 SE, & PVE 486 the island)

The first one happened on SE 758 a couple of weeks ago. High Level Argy (211 or so). I parked it at Red Ob, jumped to another server and jumped back, all in less than 15 minutes. When I returned, Argy was gone. I looked around the area thinking it might have been attacked but found nothing. No log post has ever appeared telling me it had died.

Event #2 Happened yesterday 8/12/17. Tossed a High level mesopithicus (225) from characters shoulder, it hit the floor (tree platform), then ran and jumped off the edge and fell to the ground. I went to retrieve it and couldn't find it either on the ground, within the whole of my base's compound, nor in the immediate area outside the gates. Today (8/13) it is killed by a dire bear somewhere.

Event #3 happened today, 8/13/17. Landed high level Argy (232) and jumped off to dive in the river to kill some fish for prime fish meat tame. When I turned back to the shore, no Argy. It wasn't flying around, hovering, or anything. I swept the area whistling for about an hour working out from the place I landed and up from it using both argies and quetz, to no avail. No entry in log.

The first incident I chalked up to  normal ark stuff, figured it got killed while I was away even though it was pretty tough and had really good attack stats. The second was just weird, and though I was bugged about it, the monkey wasn't something I normally used. But the third incident really bothered me. Not only was it a really tough bird with superb stats, but it had a mastercraft saddle and it was the backbone of my daily ark duties. A real loss. 

Since nobody else was offering a suggestion maybe, possibly it was following another of your dinos. There's a random glitch where after server restart they don't show 'following x" but they still are. So just wondering if that was your first dismount when you took the argy out? And if so follow a straight path from where it was back to your base. Had this happen before and they take off and out of render faster than we realize, sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Knight0w1 said:

That is, of course, a possibility, but neither time did the argies returned to base (although that would be an excellent feature; a return home command if death occurs). They just disappeared.

Cool idea but with AI and terrain glitching  'return home' would be a bad combo for losing a bird. Maybe a better option would be on death, they fly above the terrain to a pre-set height.. that way they're safe and you know where to look. 

Hi Jen, 

I lost my high level golem yesterday morning (BST). I had transferred him over from server 486 to server 14 for some building work and less than ten minutes after I had transferred him the server (rag14) went down without warning. 

When the server went back up it had rolled back, I was at base, no golem. I searched for it, on the map, in the obelisks and on the other server but it appears he has vanished. There was nothing recorded in the tribe log.

As you can probably understand i'm pretty upset because it's not an easy task to tame a golem and especially high level and it isn't the first time i've lost a dino. But i'm pretty sick and tired of losing dinosaurs, putting in a ticket and never hearing about it ever again. Especially when I have invested my time and effort into it. I really hope you sort out this issue soon.

4 minutes ago, sachimei said:

Hi Jen, 

I lost my high level golem yesterday morning (BST). I had transferred him over from server 486 to server 14 for some building work and less than ten minutes after I had transferred him the server (rag14) went down without warning. 

When the server went back up it had rolled back, I was at base, no golem. I searched for it, on the map, in the obelisks and on the other server but it appears he has vanished. There was nothing recorded in the tribe log.

As you can probably understand i'm pretty upset because it's not an easy task to tame a golem and especially high level and it isn't the first time i've lost a dino. But i'm pretty sick and tired of losing dinosaurs, putting in a ticket and never hearing about it ever again. Especially when I have invested my time and effort into it. I really hope you sort out this issue soon.

sad to say they wont. way back well over 6 months ago we lost dinos to the map eating them. they do nothing because its "in beta" i wonder how thats going to go down after official release when no longer in beta. to me they dont give a crap or they would do something about loss of dinos .....

• 3 weeks later...

Cluster server PC on version v267.0  Scorched Earth and Ragnarok. Beelzebufo (frog) just gone saddle and all. Prior to that a Hesperornis and a Quetzal. No tribe message just gone? At first we thought the flyers might have been left on a setting where they could have been attacked and flew off. But the frog just gone!

I put a seagull (an ichyronis, or however its spelled) inside my base fully enclosed, was full on food the last I saw him. Inside a storage room full of vaults that I walk in and out of daily. He was not on follow and his behavior was on passive.  It was standing on stone foundations. This was 337 the island server. The next day he turns up missing. Nothing in the tribe log about what happened to him at all. I still have the same amount of dinos accounted for in my character screen. 344/500. This was a few days ago. I gave up thinking its another lost dino and move on with my life.

I just thought I'd post to hopefully help with bugs.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:22 PM, slayerofzombs87 said:

sad to say they wont. way back well over 6 months ago we lost dinos to the map eating them. they do nothing because its "in beta" i wonder how thats going to go down after official release when no longer in beta. to me they dont give a crap or they would do something about loss of dinos .....

Nothing has changed I'm afraid - see my post here:

Archived