Mod Program Update #2 & Community Crunch 87!

Jen

23 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Maybe these modders can help with the development of Primal so we can actually play it before The Isle decides to port its game to consoles.

I sure wish Dondi would do that, but he has stated he will not be doing that, either it takes too much time or not worth it... one of two i think. When the game is done, who knows, he might change his mind, but I am fairly certain if he were EVER going to implement the game to console, he wants to get the main done before he goes porting it, as Ark shows doing this causes fans to became more irritant over missed goals of implemented content.

On 3/25/2017 at 4:32 PM, Lewiatan said:

It's even more irritating, because their offical ARK twitter account reminded us 2-3 times to post questions in Ask a Question threads...

Yeah, though it looks like perhaps those reminders threw me off as I could have sworn there were more than the 2 unanswered digest threads. I just searched for them and see only 2 now.  I'm old, or someone merged a thread.  ;D

The first one was a request for questions on Feb 10th, just after digest 46 on Feb 3rd, the other was a request for questions on the 22nd.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, Rhedo said:

I sure wish Dondi would do that, but he has stated he will not be doing that, either it takes too much time or not worth it... one of two i think. When the game is done, who knows, he might change his mind, but I am fairly certain if he were EVER going to implement the game to console, he wants to get the main done before he goes porting it, as Ark shows doing this causes fans to became more irritant over missed goals of implemented content.

It would be convenient for me since I don't want to have to get a high performance computer just to play the thing that Ark should have been in the first place. After watching people play the Isle, I can easily say that the Isle is the superior game where they both currently stand. Sure, there's more content for Ark, but that means nothing when the Isle is taking its time to ensure things are functioning properly. Like when they put in a dinosaur, find out it's bugging out, and then remove it so they can fix it. Where as here...they wait until the next update, which doesn't come out for a month or so, just to fix a small thing...all the while creating more errors due to the large content added with that update.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

That's why I said if it is chosen in the Mod program. If it's not chosen then it won't come.

Right, but by saying if its chosen, when its clearly already there is misleading, what im saying is if it continues to remain there. A Chosen mod wont necessarily make it into the base game in the end, but a continuously chosen mod may have a higher chance. 

your wording is if its chosen, but with it already being in the list makes it look chosen, so it makes it seems as though it is guaranteed, which even though it is currently in there, it is not.

All i am saying, is as opposed to be chosen, being chosen and remaining in the sponsored program, MAY guarantee it a slot, as opposed to it not remaining there and it losing its chance.

Basically your wording can be more clear, im not trying to start a whose meaning is correct word war.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, ilShadow said:

Right, but by saying if its chosen, when its clearly already there is misleading, what im saying is if it continues to remain there. A Chosen mod wont necessarily make it into the base game in the end, but a continuously chosen mod may have a higher chance. 

your wording is if its chosen, but with it already being in the list makes it look chosen, so it makes it seems as though it is guaranteed, which even though it is currently in there, it is not.

All i am saying, is as opposed to be chosen, being chosen and remaining in the sponsored program, MAY guarantee it a slot, as opposed to it not remaining there and it losing its chance.

Basically your wording can be more clear, im not trying to start a whose meaning is correct word war.

What he meant by being chosen is if it's a mod that's selected to be adapted into the list of official mods. Think of it this way, if this were Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, chosen mods would be the kids holding the golden ticket. That doesn't necessarily mean they're all Charlie.

• 2 weeks later...