Curious

phantomman01

Hi All,

Last night I perfect tamed a 150 sabre for cave runs since I had a high tier saddle. I was out leveling him up and I ran into a female Ovis, which I've been looking for so I can start breeding them since I already have two males. I jumped off the Sabre to tame it and my Sabre attacked the Ovis, killed, then ate it. It was kind of funny and frustrating at the same time, especially me calling my Sabre an idiot and do you know how hard it is to find those, lol. Anyway the Sabre had food in it's inventory, was on neutral, wasn't being attacked, and nothing aggressive was around. Am I just being stupid and missing something somewhere? No big deal I'll start putting tames on passive but I was just wondering. Thanks!  

12 minutes ago, booned said:

It could've been your Sabre was set to 'Attack My Target' if you started to try and knock it out.

Ovis is a passive tame, it doesn't require tranqing.

Oddly enough, something similar happened to me once. I always bring my sheep back to my base, drop them in my egg layer pen where most everything is on passive and fenced off, grab a cake, and come out to tame it. One sheep however managed to be gone when I got back. I checked inventories, and one of my tames had eaten it. I hadn't attacked it, it surely hadn't attacked anything, nothing hostile was happening anywhere nearby, but I guess they're just too tasty to resist sometimes. I dropped lots of others in the same way without issue.

Maybe the Ovis was giving the Sabre "the ole stink eye", and decided to take things to the streets!

On a serious note, that seems very strange. I have had my Rex attack other animals while I was taming and or stomp on them to death, but never a passive tame. I guess the safest thing to do, but obviously a little risky is to set your mount to passive. You'll have to weigh the risk vs reward at that point.

Hope you get your elusive female Ovis.

1 hour ago, Housatonic said:

Ovis is a passive tame, it doesn't require tranqing.

Oddly enough, something similar happened to me once. I always bring my sheep back to my base, drop them in my egg layer pen where most everything is on passive and fenced off, grab a cake, and come out to tame it. One sheep however managed to be gone when I got back. I checked inventories, and one of my tames had eaten it. I hadn't attacked it, it surely hadn't attacked anything, nothing hostile was happening anywhere nearby, but I guess they're just too tasty to resist sometimes. I dropped lots of others in the same way without issue.

Lol, yeah they must be pretty tasty then! Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that's ran into this. From now on if I'm Ovis hunting it's only going to be by Argy, lol!

4 hours ago, HoMeRj613 said:

Opposite for us, have 3 females and can't find a male to save my life, i'll definitely pays attention to my settings on my tames before engaging one after reading this, thanks.

Yeah I usually take my Argy and drop them in my taming pen but I was out trying to level up that goofy Sabre, lol. Good luck on finding that male though!

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:55 AM, phantomman01 said:

Lol! Yeah when I get home tonight I'm going to b-slap my Sabre, been looking for a female Ovis for awhile!

ibe been very luck with my tames of ovis, at our base we have 6 ovis  One of each colour to, White, grey, black, and like a brown/orange. My first attempt at breedingever was an ovis I had twins thumbs up

2 hours ago, spacejam said:

ibe been very luck with my tames of ovis, at our base we have 6 ovis  One of each colour to, White, grey, black, and like a brown/orange. My first attempt at breedingever was an ovis I had twins thumbs up

Congrats! I actually found my first female....finally. I've got five now, two of which from breeding. I haven't been lucky yet to have twins though.

Archived