Was I in the wrong?

Mcsexy

Long glorious story but I'll cut it down.    Our Tribe is on a pvp server.  We got offline raided so we out taming in the morning. We had tamed a lvl 15 trike and had it at base and I had our 240 ptera with us.   Wyvren flys over us and lands in base.  I read off names and lvls with spyglass.   232 wyvren.  Sh*t.  Right away it kills our trike and I had had enough of getting raided so I attacked.   I picked the rider, dropped him in the ocean.  Then went to work on his passive wyv.  My buddy did most dmg to it while I did (awesome) battle with 2 players that came to help the guy who raided us on their own ptera.    Long battle.  I ended up killing one of them again and their wyv before the last guy alive escaped on his bird.     The hole time they were demanding we give them their wyv back.  That they'd tame us a lvl 15 trike to replace the one they killed if we gave it back.  Our response was of cours LOL.  For a few days later in chat they seem to think it was unfair of us to defend our base after they attacked.  They had raided us once before we havnt ever hit any one. This all happend around our base we never raised thier base.   So was it unfair of us to do that and if so what was the proper pvp response?   If you need more info on the story if love to share it

I'm referring

1 minute ago, sal said:

why, i guess they had a blast =)

there is only one response -> kill it with fire ^^

OP didn't do anything wrong and I wasn't referring to him.   I just meant the idiots with the Wyvern who acted stupid and threw a fit.   The repercussions of this story are likely to still to be felt. 

2 minutes ago, Kayin said:

I'm referring

OP didn't do anything wrong and I wasn't referring to him.   I just meant the idiots with the Wyvern who acted stupid and threw a fit.   The repercussions of this story are likely to still to be felt. 

stories like that are why we play official. Its the interaction with other humans, sure they are sometimes stupid, sometimes you get outsmarted. Thats life =)

I tend to believe that when you're attacked, you should respond with overwhelming violence of action. If they start it, you escalate it to a place where they don't want to be. 

I don't know if any of you are boxing or MMA fans, but in fighting, the same principle applies. If your opponent does something you don't want them to do, you have to disincentivize them by making whatever they do painful. You're essentially training them during the fight to be passive or only respond in ways you want. 

Archived