Was I in the wrong?

Mcsexy

Yep, you did nothing wrong. Anybody kills one of your tames, no matter what there intentions are, deserves to get shat on.

Also I'm glad you didn't accept the offer for them to tame a dino for you. They would of seen that as an act of submission. Now although they might come fore revenge, they will think twice about how they handle it.

1 hour ago, ArkRage said:

I was literally applauding as I was reading this. Next time get his friend too! Lol. 

Yeah I went after him for a min but it was only myself and my buddy on with only the one pteranodon so I turned back to guard the base while my buddy  worked on the base.    Would have been nice to get him though. 

7 minutes ago, BaMxBooZeLLed said:

Well since its PvP there really are no rules... but it sounds like a mistake in identity? They thought you were someone else, but the fact that they threw the first stone officially you were right to defend yourself. 

Mistaken identity? How?  They had hit us a few day before and took our stuff.   Both times offline raids.   Well the last one wasn't ?

3 minutes ago, Mcsexy said:

Mistaken identity? How?  They had hit us a few day before and took our stuff.   Both times offline raids.   Well the last one wasn't ?

Never mind I think I got the story mixed up they were asking you not to kill there Wyvern when I thought they were accusing you of stealing there wyvern got my PvE/PvP mechanics mixed up. Either way, they attacked first on a PvP, you defended and they got owned. 

6 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

There was nothing you did wrong. Somebody that needed to be taught a lesson, got taught a lesson. Keep up the good work.

^ This. I love PvP but haaaaate when people grief smaller tribes, trying to abuse their wyverns, or worse, abuse the broken torpor mechanics, to upset others and ruin their fun. I love hearing stories of these sausageless wonders getting a taste of their own medicine. :)

9 minutes ago, fruitofvictory said:

^ This. I love PvP but haaaaate when people grief smaller tribes, trying to abuse their wyverns, or worse, abuse the broken torpor mechanics, to upset others and ruin their fun. I love hearing stories of these sausageless wonders getting a taste of their own medicine. :)

Not just that but it is sad that his dragon had to pay the price for his recklessness. I actually respect the Dino's I have and would never purposefully put them in harms way. Unless it was war because then everyone and every Dinos plays it's part. Too many players do not respect the Dino's that helped them get where they are. Smh

1 hour ago, BaMxBooZeLLed said:

Never mind I think I got the story mixed up they were asking you not to kill there Wyvern when I thought they were accusing you of stealing there wyvern got my PvE/PvP mechanics mixed up. Either way, they attacked first on a PvP, you defended and they got owned. 

Yeah they lost their way wyvvern cuz the wild Rex that we were trying (and failed) to knock out came into our base and hit it a few times knocking it into the ocean.  Then for some reason the wyv flew out almost to the edge of the map and just sat there flapping its wings half under water.  So my buddy got on a raft and used every weapon we had to dmg it. Went well till they spotted it ha.  But that's why they kept demanding we give it back cuz they couldn't find it.  

3 hours ago, theronin said:

The only thing you did wrong was not cage them and force them to eat meat from their Wyvern.

They obviously suck so you should go on the offensive - tell them 500 ingots per day or you kill them.

Lol I kinda like that.  But they got wiped a few days after.  They are no longer in the server. But if they mess with again then yeah.  They get caged 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
6 hours ago, theronin said:

The only thing you did wrong was not cage them and force them to eat meat from their Wyvern

Wow, now you are sinister...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

As long as he doesn't do it for a week or more straight, then raptor it! Lol

I'd keep that meat in a special fridge, just to wave around saying "Can you smell what we been cooking tonight?!"

It was a good 8 days of not getting raided.  Server hoppers came last night and took everything.  But they left the base alone mostly.   Replace a wall a door and two boxes and we are back in the game.   Sucks about all those resources though if I'm being honest.    But we learned another lesson or two about base defense so yay us 

the only thing you have done wrong is not wiping them of the face of the earth. not because the pvped  that's fine but because they offline pvped   then tried to online you, to only realised they are scrubs and then tried to say sorry and make up for it with a lvl 15 trike. Actions likes that from someone mean they will do it again and again and mainly to you because you killed the wyvern. Id wipe then if possible other wise you'll find yourself without a base in the next few days

15 hours ago, spacejam said:

the only thing you have done wrong is not wiping them of the face of the earth. not because the pvped  that's fine but because they offline pvped   then tried to online you, to only realised they are scrubs and then tried to say sorry and make up for it with a lvl 15 trike. Actions likes that from someone mean they will do it again and again and mainly to you because you killed the wyvern. Id wipe then if possible other wise you'll find yourself without a base in the next few days

We did not have the weopons and Dino's that we would have needed to wipe them.  At the time they their tribe was much stronger and farther developed then us.   But after losing their best wyv a different tribe took the opratunity and wiped them. They left the server.     In fact we are now allies with the tribe that took them out.  With what we have right now we might have been able to raid them though

On 3/24/2017 at 8:46 AM, Mcsexy said:

Long glorious story but I'll cut it down.    Our Tribe is on a pvp server.  We got offline raided so we out taming in the morning. We had tamed a lvl 15 trike and had it at base and I had our 240 ptera with us.   Wyvren flys over us and lands in base.  I read off names and lvls with spyglass.   232 wyvren.  Sh*t.  Right away it kills our trike and I had had enough of getting raided so I attacked.   I picked the rider, dropped him in the ocean.  Then went to work on his passive wyv.  My buddy did most dmg to it while I did (awesome) battle with 2 players that came to help the guy who raided us on their own ptera.    Long battle.  I ended up killing one of them again and their wyv before the last guy alive escaped on his bird.     The hole time they were demanding we give them their wyv back.  That they'd tame us a lvl 15 trike to replace the one they killed if we gave it back.  Our response was of cours LOL.  For a few days later in chat they seem to think it was unfair of us to defend our base after they attacked.  They had raided us once before we havnt ever hit any one. This all happend around our base we never raised thier base.   So was it unfair of us to do that and if so what was the proper pvp response?   If you need more info on the story if love to share it

The only thing that could have been better is if you had built a pen around it and filled it with troodons.  You did the right thing tho afaic

On 3/24/2017 at 10:33 AM, Kayin said:

I'm referring

OP didn't do anything wrong and I wasn't referring to him.   I just meant the idiots with the Wyvern who acted stupid and threw a fit.   The repercussions of this story are likely to still to be felt. 

Yeah, same. Nice stories but I've played games with open pvp before (EVE online) and it's just not for me these days.

Archived