Is Therizinosaurus good against bosses?

AtillaWalker

Hi, as our tribe started fresh on a new server with the attempt to finally fight bosses and we don't have n-generations of breeded Rexes or great saddles yet, the question arises: is Therizino on par with Rex during boss battles? From my understanding it deals more damage and has greater maneuverability while having lower HP which looks like a pretty good trade, considering boss battles have a timer and stucked creatures waste it.

And it looks like breeding them roughly takes same amount of time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, OfficialWeejay said:

If you hit them with HP and melee damage they can be better than rexes, as the HP additions through level ups is greater than a Rex's

For the same amount of wild and tamed points in HP, a Rex will ALWAYS have more HP than a Theri.

40 point base HP is 7830 for the Theri and 9900 for the Rex.  Add another 40 points in hp from levelling it and the Theri will be 24,743 and the Rex will have 31,284.

A Theri will do roughly the same dps as a Rex assuming no knockbacks.  It's base hit is 52 vs 62 for a Rex but it attacks faster.  Damage progression from levels is the same for both.

If you have better quality saddles (minimum journeyman) then I'd say you can fight bosses. You don't even have to force feed them to heal, when you have easy access to veggie cakes. But without good saddles a boss fight will be a bit hard. I will try it with my lvl 282 Therizino-offspings within the next few days, along with some lvl 275 Spinos. Hope they will do better than Rexes and Allos...

5 hours ago, Kallor said:

For the same amount of wild and tamed points in HP, a Rex will ALWAYS have more HP than a Theri.

40 point base HP is 7830 for the Theri and 9900 for the Rex.  Add another 40 points in hp from levelling it and the Theri will be 24,743 and the Rex will have 31,284.

A Theri will do roughly the same dps as a Rex assuming no knockbacks.  It's base hit is 52 vs 62 for a Rex but it attacks faster.  Damage progression from levels is the same for both.

keep in mind theiris main attack hits 2 times with that same base damage    theirinzos also take half explosive and fire damage which is what the dragons fire ball and breath are with cakes its regen can depending on the boss be better than the rexs higher hp.

3 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

If you have better quality saddles (minimum journeyman) then I'd say you can fight bosses. You don't even have to force feed them to heal, when you have easy access to veggie cakes. But without good saddles a boss fight will be a bit hard. I will try it with my lvl 282 Therizino-offspings within the next few days, along with some lvl 275 Spinos. Hope they will do better than Rexes and Allos...

Its easy :) i breed and use theriz for bosses, just poopty ones with 51 arm saddles, 210-220 born leveled. 15 of em. Ive downed easy and med

Next im breeding up an army of my triple mutated green theriz born at 260 for hard :)! Gonna be a lot harder and need way better saddles

On 25/03/2017 at 1:59 AM, SouthernSamurai said:

keep in mind theiris main attack hits 2 times with that same base damage    theirinzos also take half explosive and fire damage which is what the dragons fire ball and breath are with cakes its regen can depending on the boss be better than the rexs higher hp.

Their attack will only do ONE lot of damage.  What confuses people is that you will see 2 lots of resources gathered from a single attack and so assume it attacks twice.  This is easily tested against another dino.

Just to clarify, 1 left click attack will do 52 base damage (on a theri with 100% melee) as per the wiki page.  If it's 1 x 52 or 2 x 26 I don't know, but for the purposes of dps vs bosses, makes no difference.

On 24.3.2017 at 0:46 PM, DomiDarko said:

I will try it with my lvl 282 Therizino-offspings within the next few days, along with some lvl 275 Spinos. Hope they will do better than Rexes and Allos...

So, I defeated the broodmother on easy with 9 Therizinos, 6 Spinos and 2 Rexes (as usual not everything teleported) but I had to pump ~1000 shots with my ascendant assault rifle into the spider to help them out. 7 Therizinos and 3 Spinos died in the fight but they only had 10k health and primitive saddles, so it's ok I think. Next will be Megapithecus on easy...

• 11 months later...
49 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

NECROMANCER!

Im pretty sure the rules state that if a topic already exists that your not supposed to create a new 1.  This hasnt been archived so i haven't done anything wrong.  Fact is the question exists still with no definitive answer in this topic, so answers anyone?  Just following the rules.

• Volunteer Moderator

@AtillaWalker

yes...they work. love the topic but its evident you did not use the search function:) 

pretty much all you need to know about Theriz and how to get the ones you want. was done on Official Legacy, but its been long enough that there have to be decent ones on Official, curious what its up to if anyone knows?

anyways, seeing as the Chicken is getting some love i'll share lol.

have seen awesome leveled ridden rex wearing the best armor saddles get unceremoniously rekt while the boss then chases us down and kills us all.  i have also ridden in a rex only fight after dragon was unable to be stuck, and we won handily. during prep fights we took some of those awesome rex and they were the first to die while the theriz finished. best times of under 2mins for beta and right around 2.5 mins for alpha, iirc. these are no ordinary Theriz tho ;) 

i would think that a band of kibble tamed 130+ theriz with decent saddles, lil yuti..... could handle ape and brood beta. ridden and imprinted even better, more the merrier.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:52 PM, LilNastyGurl said:

Only easy bosses. Nobody has ever done a successful Theri boss run above that (and video'd it).

another search function failure:P

32 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

@AtillaWalker

yes...they work. love the topic but its evident you did not use the search function:) 

pretty much all you need to know about Theriz and how to get the ones you want. was done on Official Legacy, but its been long enough that there have to be decent ones on Official, curious what its up to if anyone knows?

anyways, seeing as the Chicken is getting some love i'll share lol.

have seen awesome leveled ridden rex wearing the best armor saddles get unceremoniously rekt while the boss then chases us down and kills us all.  i have also ridden in a rex only fight after dragon was unable to be stuck, and we won handily. during prep fights we took some of those awesome rex and they were the first to die while the theriz finished. best times of under 2mins for beta and right around 2.5 mins for alpha, iirc. these are no ordinary Theriz tho ;) 

i would think that a band of kibble tamed 130+ theriz with decent saddles, lil yuti..... could handle ape and brood beta. ridden and imprinted even better, more the merrier.

another search function failure:P

Can you confirm that theriz receive a resistance to the dragons DoT and not just the initial impact?  Ive seen a few people say theriz are no better then rexes against the dragon because of the DoT(which they claim is unaffected).  If they are right then it be better to go in with the rex which outshines the theriz dmg and health wise.

3 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Theriz can use cakes and rexes cant, so Theriz outshines rexes in survivability on bosses.

Hmm an ability that can kill you in 2 min against a healing item that you can only use once every 30 secs.  Lets not forget im a solo guy so the only 1 eating the cake is the 1 im on.  They arnt smart enough to use food for hp, only hunger.

21 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Hmm an ability that can kill you in 2 min against a healing item that you can only use once every 30 secs.  Lets not forget im a solo guy so the only 1 eating the cake is the 1 im on.  They arnt smart enough to use food for hp, only hunger.

wrong, Cake is automagically used if it is not on CD and Theriz is lower than 85% HP.

2 min is 4 cakes consumed which means that they will survive another breath or two during which they'll consume some more cakes surviving way longer than rexes while providing comparable DPS on the boss.

Healing has some restrictions so the optimal HP for Theriz is 21k (to maximize cake healing). If they manage to consume 5 cakes during the battle, they will regen a bit more than 10500 HP. That puts them in the 31.5k effective HP during the fight, BUT they take way less damage from the breath than 31.5k HP rexes would because of max HP difference.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Can you confirm that theriz receive a resistance to the dragons DoT and not just the initial impact?  Ive seen a few people say theriz are no better then rexes against the dragon because of the DoT(which they claim is unaffected).  If they are right then it be better to go in with the rex which outshines the theriz dmg and health wise.

no, didnt even mention their resistance to DoT or lack thereof...? we win with them and dont with rex.

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

Healing has some restrictions

as far as the mathematically perfect health/cake theriz thing, im taking my next batch to 25k health, last batch were 21k and 15 died, first batch were 25k with way lower melee. not telling anyone how to do it just saying what worked for us. i know what the numbers say, but ive seen what works, so ill stay there

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

wrong, Cake is automagically used if it is not on CD and Theriz is lower than 85% HP.

2 min is 4 cakes consumed which means that they will survive another breath or two during which they'll consume some more cakes surviving way longer than rexes while providing comparable DPS on the boss.

Healing has some restrictions so the optimal HP for Theriz is 21k (to maximize cake healing). If they manage to consume 5 cakes during the battle, they will regen a bit more than 10500 HP. That puts them in the 31.5k effective HP during the fight, BUT they take way less damage from the breath than 31.5k HP rexes would because of max HP difference.

Explain what CD means please, besides a disc lol.  So they actually have the AI setup to treat the cake differently huh, thats pretty cool.  The rex does have that 20-21%Dps advantage over the theriz tho.  Does the headbutt do more, less, or same dmg?  I think a high food dao stuffed with cooked meat would be easier then completely creating another team and creating all those cakes.  If that fails then ill have no choice at which point your info will prove very useful.  Thanx

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

The rex does have that 20-21%Dps advantage over the theriz tho

i like numbers...have any or ya guessing?

rex has 62 base

theriz has 52

but theriz has faster attack. not sure your dps plays out. cakes for the win...just wanted to say that :) 

Theries are better for bosses than rex. They have comparable DPS, theries have less HP, but they can heal themself with veggie cakes, which gives them the advantage over rexes.

Saddle armor is equal important for both.

Here is a video of me defeating alpha broodmother with unmutated terries (but very good saddles). I even forgot one terrie, it was 18 terries and 1 yuti.

Archived