Dont Understand

aequitas1986

The way i see it, is the EA is fine, EA is supposed to be buggy as it gets updated, the problem is, that some bugs make it very very hard to play, like the wonky hitboxes that allow a variety of enemies to get stuck in you or vice versa. Pretty much guarantees death and loss of stuff. And after a few times it gets rather aggravating.

Is it bothersome? Mightily. Did i agree to all this? Yup. Do i still want to see fixes for certain problematic things to come out sooner rather than later? Yup.

The only problem i see with bug fixing at the end, is as anyone who has ever played a video game or dealt with software ever, is bug fixes often make different bugs show up.

Now all that said do  i want every bug fixed now? No, just the ones that cause big problems, like the hitboxes, or hatchframes and smithy using up all resources when repairing or making something, for example.

2 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

how is it not the customers fault? because they spent money or simply because they are the "customer"  and as we have all been taught, no matter how abusive or intolerant or ignorant, the customer is king (which is an outdated concept). surely this statement was in jest.

Famous last words, friend.

[edit] ... and if this were really true, why would Valve go so far as to change the rules on early access?  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/21/steam-early-access-rules/

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, theronin said:

Famous last words, friend.

no, usually their last words are thank you as they hand me their money. treating a customer with respect is the key, not kissing their butt. if they are wrong i take the time to explain to them how they are wrong so that they can learn something. attempting to please everyone is a fools errand and an incredible waste of time. the "customer is king" is one of the major contributors to the entitled attitudes that are everywhere, and the lack of responsibility for ones own actions that is so prevalent in society today. 

20 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

no, usually their last words are thank you as they hand me their money. treating a customer with respect is the key, not kissing their butt. if they are wrong i take the time to explain to them how they are wrong so that they can learn something. attempting to please everyone is a fools errand and an incredible waste of time. the "customer is king" is one of the major contributors to the entitled attitudes that are everywhere, and the lack of responsibility for ones own actions that is so prevalent in society today. 

Time will tell, friend.  Let's just wait and see what the state of "EA" is, say, two years from now.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, theronin said:

Time will tell, friend.  Let's just wait and see what the state of "EA" is, say, two years from now.

i actually do not feel slighted or sarcasm when you use the term friend in your responses to me. that is a first and unless i have misunderstood, thank you:)

if it is 2 more years in EA, i will still be here, and actively playing im sure. maybe spending a little less time tho, DayZ might actually be finished by then, lmao.

****took me a minute to realize you were speaking of EA in general. as long as the disclaimer is plainly posted in simple (insert language of choice) and the games get finished i suspect it will be just fine. maybe by then the general game buying public will have informed themselves of what they are actually buying into, but i doubt it. maybe Gabe will find a way to spoon feed that doesnt involve reading and comprehension. one can only hope.

what happened to your "insurgent" thread? i really enjoyed that.

11 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i actually do not feel slighted or sarcasm when you use the term friend in your responses to me. that is a first and unless i have misunderstood, thank you:)

Uh ... because I mean it?  LOL ... this is a game man.  And I think you know that as well.

Oh gees, that thing has been a total grind.  I've updated that Rogue One thread recently but man ... what a grind LOL.  I'm taking a repreive and trying to find a vanilla rate / no mods unofficial ... AGAIN.  But this time, I would like to use the same gritty tactics from Rogue One but on a non-Chinese server and see how effective it is lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, theronin said:

vanilla rate / no mods unofficial

have you considered admin'ing your own? if so i have the hardware and dont pay for bandwidth (proper server room) and would assist in admin duties...add me on steam if you want to discuss. this is an exclusive zero bull poop offer. 

if you go Rogue again and need an extra, would love to run with you (as many others would im sure):)

sorry all, what was the topic:D

On 3/23/2017 at 3:20 PM, aequitas1986 said:

So the game is fun, but what i don't understand is this company has made $$$ of of us and yet they continue to do nothing about the lag issues.  They make DLC but still cant fix the lag issues.... DO they not care or is it just ignorance? I cant even enjoy a hour or so on this game without dying due to lag and my dinos dying.... Fix the lag, please. Until then I feel like i have wasted my money and time, what a waste!

Yeah, I will try to stay away from this topic. I get you and I get why you are frustrated. In the newest press release they are very upfront and direct saying that they will not work on bugs until all content is released. I know some will not agree with that but they are being upfront with it, so we either have to just take it or stop playing. Believe me I don't want to argue with anyone on this matter, but the devs really are trying and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt now

2 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

if it is 2 more years in EA, i will still be here, and actively playing im sure. maybe spending a little less time tho, DayZ might actually be finished by then, lmao.

****took me a minute to realize you were speaking of EA in general. as long as the disclaimer is plainly posted in simple (insert language of choice) and the games get finished i suspect it will be just fine. maybe by then the general game buying public will have informed themselves of what they are actually buying into, but i doubt it. maybe Gabe will find a way to spoon feed that doesnt involve reading and comprehension. one can only hope.

what happened to your "insurgent" thread? i really enjoyed that.

Hey real quick off topic question since I can't pm you mods.... how is dayZ? I heard it was awesome but to wait until it is done(which I usually do except for ark). I have heard the good and bad. Just wondering how the game play is

7 hours ago, theronin said:

You nailed it, @Arkasaurio

But I'll take it a step further (since it took this long to for someone to finally understand what I was getting at) ... perhaps there is something inherently wrong with the model to begin with??  If the customer can't understand your product, it's not the customer's fault LOL.  And here I will reinforce what I keep on saying ... there is nothing normal about *interest free* project financing.  Nothing.  I'll let you chew on that for a while.

I see what you mean, but in this case I think the model needs to be refined, not scrapped. This is the same sort of system as Kickstarter and it's clones, and I think crowd sourced financing overall needs to be controlled but overall it's powerful, good for small business, and good for the customer (or at very least can be). I also don't think Ark is truly interest free either. The interest isn't monetary, it's access to a game that we wouldn't have otherwise for years. It'd be interest free if we all prepaid and then had to wait for launch.

6 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

how is it not the customers fault? because they spent money or simply because they are the "customer"  and as we have all been taught, no matter how abusive or intolerant or ignorant, the customer is king (which is an outdated concept). surely this statement was in jest.

Personally, I agree that technically, morally, whatever, it is the customers fault - it's reasonably clear what EA means, and even if it were confusing (to me) buyer beware at all times. However, when a lot of people are confused it is WC's (Steam's, and every other EA based studio's) problem. Customer is always right is an outdated notion, but if you have a lot of customers that are confused by something, most decent companies are not going to say, "Oh well, I guess a lot of our customers are just too dumb, careless, etc. to get it. Let's move on." I've worked at/for junk companies that are better than that :).  I also don't think it's all or even mostly on WC to solve, more so on the industry in general, but when you have an super popular EA release you kind of become a thought leader willingly or not. 

Archived