What I've learned after 12hrs of hunting Thylacoleo's on pvp servers.

Facebunz

I've circled the redwoods many, many times looking for high level Thylas and I've found that you are lucky to come across a 100+. After 12 hours of searching I've found and tamed a 145, 130, 135, and a 115. I'd say 60 percent spawn at level 5-50, 30 percent at 60-90, and 10 percent at 100-150. Basing that on the 4 out of at least 100-120 Thylas I've come across. 

I would say the highest densities spawn near the East and West ends. Although they spawn anywhere around the redwoods also, even the trees in the swampy area. If it's a redwood it's got a chance to spawn on it. I've seen them on the ground but only after they've pounced at something.

I've gone lengths of time where I see a Thyla on every other tree and sometimes two per tree. Though I've also burned 15-20 minutes only to find 4 or 5.

I use a quetzal with foundations covering my character to pick them off the trees. They will not pounce if you're inside a foundation.

I get my snake eggs with the door frame/window frame method with a Bgate between two pens.

Surprisingly the 145 was the first I tamed, It was on a tree alongside a male. Two out of the four ive tamed were spawned alongside  anothern Thyla on the same tree. 

Wanted to add their stats before taming are strange to. I've never seen so many wilds in a row with such low points into speed. But all 4 have had 10 or less. The 145 had 0 points into speed! Oxygen or food seem to usually be at 18 percent also. Most notable stat has been the 135's weight at 22.7

Buncha thylos by green ob on scorch.  Every level is represented.  It's an underwhelming PvP tame.  They can't stay on your walls indefinitely as their stamina drains over time.  Their noclip/hitbox extends a ridiculous distance around where the actual dino model is making storing them cumbersome.  Microraptor is more useful imo.

5 minutes ago, Facebunz said:

Nice Stony! What were their stats like? Thats true though Brayn, it would be best if you live in redwoods for that advantage. Not to mention Its climbing animations are all kinds of buggy at the moment.

Rough stats are 4500-5300 hlth amn 232% - 321% melee and all around 600 weight. Stamina varied... 1400 - 1600 between four I tamed...like I said just rough stats didnt get screenshots of all fours stats after tame.

Archived