The state of ark pvp - And why it is broken

CrittingOut

23 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Hit detection and hit box is totally glitched/non-existent. Turns into a battle of luck or people poking items/ppl through walls/ceilings.

Remove flyers from the game and giga. They are OP and ruin everything about the game in terms of farming, raiding, making the game too easy, etc. Look at server pop for no tame pvp vs regular official if you want proof which is more popular. Devs admitted before the gigas were a mistake. 

First off the devs never said gigas were a mistake the said that gigas were and I quote "a failed experiment".

People like yourself is what drives some stupid nerfs in this game, you seriously want flyers removed from the game??? Server population is fine if the server is a well run server by an alpha tribe and is decent community and I'm talking about official servers here btw.

On 3/24/2017 at 2:50 AM, CrittingOut said:

Ok ok, So I understand that their are other problems with pvp, I wasn't thinking about tame servers when I made the post as I absolutely despise them but anyways, 300% melee will one shot flak so you just camp outside a base and hit someone with a club, Loot everything and repeat, Club needs either a nerf or a rebalance, Speed is balanced on notame aswell, And guns are usefull on notame, If you want better pvp you should go to notame as it is not full of people who pick you up or op tames that you can wipe people with, Things they could do to fix club would be, Making torpor not instant from clubs, Making your max torpor the point at which you knock out, Lower club knockout vr players, Make melee not work with club, Increase the effect fortitude has against torpor. You shouldn't be able to knock people with higher end gear out with one hit with a club that takes 45 seconds to make, Its just dumb.

So. Allow me to get this straight. 

You made a post about the status of PvP, while completely forgetting to mention that you only play a modded version of PvP? That would explain a lot about the post.

I still don't think Club is overpowered. Conversely, I think Speed is still broken (High melee and 1 tapping with a club is irrelevant when you die before you get to the person), and guns are still underpowered (Clubs are one tapping, Pikes can one to two tap too.)

Realistically speaking, the imbalance seems to stem, in a major way, from how certain weapons scale with stats. A player with high movement speed and melee damage is many times more dangerous then a person with a gun, particularly on Notame servers where the rate of farming, and gathering in general has been completely gutted to the point where guns are nearly non-viable.

I think the reality of what you are seeing is a downside of NoTame exacerbating an already present, but somewhat non-threatening problem in PvP

I agree that guns are still underpowered, Speed is still broken, Atleast for tame servers (One reason I don't play those anymore) but clubs are pretty overpowered, Just think about it, A club can 1 hit flak a gun can at minimum 2+ hit flak. Maybe make clubs not scale with melee damage and it would be fine.

1 hour ago, CrittingOut said:

I agree that guns are still underpowered, Speed is still broken, Atleast for tame servers (One reason I don't play those anymore) but clubs are pretty overpowered, Just think about it, A club can 1 hit flak a gun can at minimum 2+ hit flak. Maybe make clubs not scale with melee damage and it would be fine.

I still think the fact that Clubs are overpowered is being exacerbated by the difficulty of guns not scaling as easily/well. It's pretty easy to make a good club, pretty easy to get a club BP, but it's pretty hard to make an equally good gun, both in obtaining the print itself, and gathering the resources. No tame makes it even harder to do so.

9 hours ago, iAmE said:

I still think the fact that Clubs are overpowered is being exacerbated by the difficulty of guns not scaling as easily/well. It's pretty easy to make a good club, pretty easy to get a club BP, but it's pretty hard to make an equally good gun, both in obtaining the print itself, and gathering the resources. No tame makes it even harder to do so.

That is kind of the purpose of no tame though. It is so you can't grow or become that powerful that fast. 

8 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

That is kind of the purpose of no tame though. It is so you can't grow or become that powerful that fast. 

No, that's not the purpose of notame, only one of them. The reality is that it creates imbalances in the design of the game. The reason Melee weapons scale with Melee is because they're inferior to Guns. However you created an environment where guns are essentially non-existent, thus melee weapons scaling with melee damage are going to excel to the point of being broken. 

On 3/22/2017 at 11:00 PM, Crows said:

Somebody is bound to tell you "Put more points into fortitude then dude!" No. I roll with 30 and fortitude won't save you from a high quality club 1 hit K.O regardless.

This is completely wrong. Fortitude will save you, I roll with 46 fortitude and there isn't anything in the game thus far that can one shot knock me out while I'm wearin my flak. Even an asc club, as I've had my tribe test it on me. So while I agree that the club might be in need for a nerf, it all comes down to how you build your character. I built mine for war. 320 health, 46 fortitude, 210 melee damage and not even lvl 75 yet. When my tribe goes to war and there is a melee, I'm the guy at the front ripping the enemy a new one.

13 hours ago, iAmE said:

No, that's not the purpose of notame, only one of them. The reality is that it creates imbalances in the design of the game. The reason Melee weapons scale with Melee is because they're inferior to Guns. However you created an environment where guns are essentially non-existent, thus melee weapons scaling with melee damage are going to excel to the point of being broken. 

I get shot at/shot and killed all the time in no tame. And for base defense Guns are essential. 

So because people aren't running down the beach with guns you are saying they are non existent? I usually always pull out a gun on my raft to shoot anyone on the beach so o can pull up safely.

i would never use a long next on the beach anyway, and if I used a gun it would be a shotgun. Believe me, if mr club guy sees me with a shotgun he is going to turn around real quick. And it's happened.

and yes there are other purposes. But it is the purpose of having no dinos, no alliances, and only a 10 man tribe limit. That main purpose is to not be able to grow as fast. 

On 3/22/2017 at 10:39 PM, CrittingOut said:
Hey,
First off I would like to say I enjoy combat in this game, Its the only reason I play, But there are a few things that are really messed up about it, first off, hit registration is way off, sometimes arrows and even bullets will hit a player but do no damage even though it shows blood or an arrow in the character, Second, At least for pvp servers there should be a nerf on the club, people upgrade melee damage and can one hit people in flak/riot armor, Not only does that break pvp but it makes the game less enjoyable as people will sit outside your base and hit you once, get in and steal everything, On no tame servers I believe they should heavily nerf club or even disable it, Combat should not be whoever gets a lucky melee hit that can be glitchy due to lag.

TL;DR - Clubs are too overpowered and dominate the pvp scene and hit registration is glitched

Do you agree? Answer in the comments
o7

I've even made a post, tagged Jat and Jen in it with an appropriate Club balance change that I feel like would balance them - something like this;

Clubs
-Changed to not scale with Player Melee Damage.
-Removed Quality scaling, only Primitive Clubs can be made / found.

I heavily suggest removing Quality scaling (like with Launchers) because Ascendant Clubs are ridiculous. If your Tribe has a blueprint for Ascendant Clubs, you can have 100% melee damage and still OHKO anyone that isn't in Riot gear.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, Crows said:

100% agree on the club nerf. That would be the first great step to fixing PvP and I know A LOT of players would hate that, but I'm for it and I have an ascendant club myself. Clubs should not be able to K.O people that easily. I reckon the K.O should work only if you hit the player from behind, and of course the torpor effect should be nerfed too. It doesn't provide skill to just 1 click somebody and take their loot etc. 

Somebody is bound to tell you "Put more points into fortitude then dude!" No. I roll with 30 and fortitude won't save you from a high quality club 1 hit K.O regardless.

Here's my two cents: Instead of nerfing the club overall(can be good for starter tames), why not make it so that when used against a player it "stuns" them like the micro raptor, but only for a couple seconds. That way, you can still have an advantage of using a club, but without the minimum 15 seconds of unconsciousness

5 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

I get shot at/shot and killed all the time in no tame. And for base defense Guns are essential. 

So because people aren't running down the beach with guns you are saying they are non existent? I usually always pull out a gun on my raft to shoot anyone on the beach so o can pull up safely.

i would never use a long next on the beach anyway, and if I used a gun it would be a shotgun. Believe me, if mr club guy sees me with a shotgun he is going to turn around real quick. And it's happened.

and yes there are other purposes. But it is the purpose of having no dinos, no alliances, and only a 10 man tribe limit. That main purpose is to not be able to grow as fast. 

No, I'm saying that guns are non-existent because they are on no tame. You get shot at by primitive guns, but the OP in this thread is complaining about people running around with asc clubs. The ease that you can get Asc club BPs, and make the club, makes them more plentiful by comparison.

High end BPs that take days to assemble are never what wins fights in the long run. What's affordable does. 

17 hours ago, iAmE said:

No, I'm saying that guns are non-existent because they are on no tame. You get shot at by primitive guns, but the OP in this thread is complaining about people running around with asc clubs. The ease that you can get Asc club BPs, and make the club, makes them more plentiful by comparison.

High end BPs that take days to assemble are never what wins fights in the long run. What's affordable does. 

Ok I get what you mean now. Well luckily the shotgun is still cheap, and believe me clubbers so think twice when they see it lol

EDIT: primitive or ascendant.... shotgun beat club haha

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, iAmE said:

I was not complaining about asc clubs, I'm talking primitive clubs one shotting flak, Kids with 300 melee come up to me and one tap me or my friends in flak when we all have about 30-40 fortitude, I know its primitive they are using cause when they club my friend one shot and I shoot them they have a primitive club and a bunch of melee and speed.

Archived