Dino Reallocation??

Oggybobo

I play Primitive PVE Island map. My base is 83 47 approximately.

Although it seems like a Therizino night club, I see the odd Titanosaur now and again, mix in a little Tapajara action, but mostly the usual dodo, turtle, trike, parasaur and all the other breakfast ingredients my T-rex likes to eat.

In the last few days, I actually came across a level 100 Allosaurus. At first I thought it was another player's tame, but as I got closer it was a full fledged wild one. That is actually the first Allo I have seen south of the volcano, since I have played.

Then yesterday when I was taking my Mantis for a walk I shockingly saw a t-rex, I thought again at first it was someone's tame that was loose, but it also was a wild one. Now don't get me wrong, I like the fact some of these guys are down at this part of the map, but was it just fluke?

Has anyone else seen odd dinos around there locations that haven't been normally there before? Can I assume it was a change with the recent update?

Any thoughts?

A little yeah. I'm on Prim+ PvE too and live near the red obs but I'm slow time building a nice new place up near Smugglers Pass. Mining stone the other night near the the obs base with my Doed and suddenly all hell broke loose. The thud thud thud of rapidly approaching giant foot steps behind me and I turn round to see a lvl 145 Rex chewing on my face. My Sabretooth body guard battled valiantly but ultimately in vain as did the Doed. I ran my naked ass away from my base because I'd left the behemoth gates wide open and didn't want him going that way and managed to lose him in the woods behind the obs.

I never even think about safety when I'm in that area. The worst I see is Therez over the water (but they're always busy) and the occasional Sarco or Raptor but my sabretooth can handle those. I'll rarely even shut my doors while I'm gathering mats because wild dino's that can threaten my tames just don't go there.

What I have noticed is dino's seem to have seasons. I know their wandering mechanism generally takes them in a set direction over time but they all seem to have the same mechanism. I know that Raptor season follows Sarco season which follows Dodo season. I can only assume that Rex was kited from his usual path by chasing down his prey and ended up going the wrong way.

10 hours ago, skeeta said:

What I have noticed is dino's seem to have seasons. I know their wandering mechanism generally takes them in a set direction over time but they all seem to have the same mechanism. I know that Raptor season follows Sarco season which follows Dodo season. I can only assume that Rex was kited from his usual path by chasing down his prey and ended up going the wrong way.

If that is the case, I am going to say that is some genius programming. Knowing absolutely nothing about game development I couldn't say that they do or do not have that capability to incorporate that into the game. If they do, wow.

Thanks for your input guys! Sorry to hear about your Sabre's untimely demise.

Archived