So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Spent an hour or so between jobs to make a start on my roof, few mining trips back and forth to the volcano and got it about half ways done. Gonna get on later and just chill for a bit and take either the Theri or one the whales out for some killin', and see if anything worth taming crosses my path.

Edit: Took the whale out, after killing a couple of Mosas and a Squid, ran into a 145 Dangler fish, so tamed her up, I really don't like underwater tames, even with my 2x rates it took nearly an hour, and they're boring since you can't just build a safety box in the middle of the ocean to protect them and go do something else :-(

Still, she makes my water pen look real purty, and once I get some more penguin eggs I'll probably go get her a friend. Speaking of which, I then decided to go see if I could find a mate for my recently tamed 145 penguin, and did! 150 male just as I was about to give up after culling the entire population on the Iceburgs, popped over to the mainland and he was the last one on the last beach I was going to bother with! So a good day :-)

Edited by Kraken

well I live in teh redwoods/volcano area...and no dodos there. As I want to get the costumes, I went to the nearest dodo nest and caught some. Then I realsied i must transport them somehow to my main base...so I started building a base on my quetz. After I did this I went with the quetz there and tried to make them climb on the ramp...did not work. So I tamed a pteranodon killed other things crafted a saddle...Then ! I picked them up one by one and put them on the quetz base but...they were slowly leaking through the walls..Or if the quetzal moved or took off, they would leak rapidly out... So I gave up after a 5h operation, said screw you ark, went back home and spawned dodos in a pen..because well you can t play this game without cheats.

Been collecting materials in anticipation of the upcoming console patch when I spotted 2 chalicos wandering near my taming pen.

I don't really need them but being the orangish red color I thought they were cool I thought I would check there level. 

A 150 female and 140 male...So with I will go ahead and tame em up and keep the one with the best stats. That and I needed to get rid of some beer.

But lo and behold they both tamed up with at least 3950 health,325 meelee and 1k stamina.

Decided to keep em both

Edited by Shayne1973
Fixed auto correct

Well, I was having a great day...

Started bright and early with big plans this morning. Starting with mammals, I bred, hatched and raised 7 babies today. Would have been 8, but sadly my baby sheep died to the food bug. But I did successfully raise and imprint a saber for caving. Not great stats, mostly low rolls from the parents, but it'll do well enough for now.

I also managed to pop a male spino with our high HP roll, which is perfect. I can continue breeding him back to his mom (I know...) until I have a spino at the max level our tribe can currently produce. Then I can take a shot at a spino color morph. I already have one in mind, want to recreate my spino from the last iteration of our server. He was even the dossier spino, absolutely perfect. So sad I don't have him anymore, so I'm resurrecting him via breeding to come back even stronger than before.

Next I popped a perfect "Indominous Allo" for my color morph project. An all light grey, no color mutation, 100% bred allo line project I've been working on for months. The hardest part is getting the colors and keeping them as I work my good stats in. They look so much like a mini indominous rex, it's fantastic. Love em.

Then two good ankys, one a base 271, the other a 240 with the two missing stats the 271 needs to push those levels as high as I can currently get. Very happy about that. My original goal was to hatch a base 300 anky but it's still mainly a side project and I don't know if I feel like taming more of them.

And then, yes there's more, two good brontos for my red bronto color morph project. One with colors, one with stats. They're still growing of course, but I am super excited. I also got my first stat mutation! My stat bronto got 2 levels in stamina, awesome. Really helps with the big guys.

My tribemate was also on to breed but his day was not so good. First he killed a bary baby that I had told him not to kill because we needed them to replace the 4 aquatics he lost last week. Then his color mutated bary died because he wasn't paying attention to it and it bugged. He did find a new 145 bary, but it didn't have any usable stats so it's a tribe tame now.

By the time I was done dealing with the babies and getting the saber imprinted, they had almost all done that annoying thing where they get stuck in the foundations. When my newly grown adult anky got stuck, I finally snapped and started doing what I should have done months ago and ripped the hatchery apart. I took out almost all of the non support foundations and most of the ceiling. Added ramps and railings, moved the troughs, added a door, filled in the gaps with walls as necessary. It's so much more open now, still has the incubating "hut", and no more tearing up and replacing the floor with every other baby anyway. Still needs work but I am much, much happier with it.

Then it was time to go level the saber. During my travels I found a gorgeous 125 iguanadon, which I couldn't resist taming. I rarely impulse tame anymore and I have no idea what I'll do with her. I was going to give her to my tribemate since he likes iguanadons and pretty animals, but he's been annoying me too much this week.

And then we come to the not so fun part. The server started having problems with rubber banding and whatnot. One of the admins sent a message to let us know to get to safety before he pulled it to fix the problem and get the Easter update done. So I was rushing home, DCing several times, and crossing through the swamp to get back to the city. I got stuck along a ridge I couldn't climb out of with the saber. Cue the inevitable kapro assault. I piked it and the snake that was also attacking me and promptly got rubber banded to the bodies. While I was whistling for my saber and trying to clear the corpses out of the way, a second kapro killed me. I respawned and promptly DC'd. Great.

Hopped on my spino, found a rock to craft a corpse finder and set off. Unfortunately between lag, rubber banding and tripping over every animal in the swamp, I was not able to find my corpse before the loot bag despawned, which also means I have no idea where my cat is. I was knocking down trees, killing everything in my path and trying to get one of my tribemates to help me look for this cat. Then the server went down to hopefully get fixed.

I now sit in limbo, frustrated after having such a lovely day and wishing I never got out of bed this morning. Amazing how quickly the tables turn in this game. My stuff can be replaced, even if I did lose my favorite crossbow and my best pike. But the cat I spent all day raising and leveling and just thinking about naming her? Not so easy to replace. I really don't want to go in the swamp cave with some trash bary my tribemate didn't want, but if I lose that cat I definitely don't want to risk my breeding stock when it took 3 days just to find a decent female. Sigh.

Assuming the server comes back up tonight I'll probably recover my saber if possible and call it a night. I was going to do some early swamp cave runs with my tribemate who often can't join us due to time zone differences, but not at this rate.

• Like 1

Lightning struck twice today...

So after the shenanigans of last night the server ended up being down until this morning. I logged on and after a night's sleep and no longer fresh panic I was able to do a more systematic search and find my saber, she was chewing on a sarco and not seeming the least bit concerned. Took the long way home because I was tired of the swamp, then did prep for a test run of the swamp cave. Ironic I know but in fairness it's in the redwoods.

Headed out, turned to fight a snake, walked under the first tree at the edge of the woods and bam! death by thlacoleo. Great start huh. Luckily it was a low level one, saber shredded it while I did the naked flight of shame back to get my stuff and the cat and try again. Made it to the cave and cautiously proceeded. It was both terrifying and not as bad as I thought. Those dragonflies are brutal but we advanced slowly and stopped often. Made it to the first loot crates but ran out of raw meat and was unable to go further. But the cat got a lot of levels and I got an idea of what to expect.

Lazy Sunday so after we got home (checking every tree for thylas this time) I took Val out for some flying time. Collected up some drops while scouting for sheep and/or a good breeding saber, came home empty. Had an early Easter dinner with family. Went back out and heading along the volcano river, I see a flash of white. It's an equus. Do I dare to hope? Break out the spyglass. Level 140 female unicorn. Holy horned horses! I grabbed that thing so fast and carried her home as fast as Val's wings could carry us. Whipped up the kibble, threw on the ghillie, now I have a level 209 unicorn to go with my level 14. Sadly both female and no one else on server has any, male or otherwise.

So I head out again, catch another flash of white. Are you kidding me? Spyglass again. A level 10 male unicorn, just up the river from where the female had been. I can't believe my luck. You better believe I grabbed that unicorn and again sprinted home. He got carrots, not kibble. But seriously what are the odds, two unicorns within 10 minutes of each other, and one an actual good level at that. Amazing. I can now offer bred unicorns to my server, and try to breed up some nice ones with the 140 too.

I almost felt like I should just log off right then and there because when Ark luck turns, it turns tragedy.

But my tribemate finally came on and we did a successful, if underwhelming swamp cave run.

But hey two unicorns is a massive success by any metric. I still can't get over how incredible that was. I now have 3 unicorns (and one regular equus) in my suddenly very cramped stable that was originally meant to house one raptor.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator

@Cymas Congrats on the Unicorns.  I know there is one on our server, but for the life of me, I cannot find it.  However, I ended up with a bunch of nice horses: a 150, a 145, 135, and 2 130s; but only because I was not looking for any.

I got a late start today, with Easter, some chores(RL, not ark), and few other obligations.  The horses were a nice addition(and distraction), but I have been hunting on and off for high level Iguanodons; RNG keeps trolling me with 110s and below(though lots of 10s).  Ran into some Allos being lead by a 125, and decided to add it to my forces.  Went back looking for the Iguanodons again, and was about to give up when I ran into a 150 female.  Perfect.  Manage to tame her without much problem.

That is when I remembered I had tamed another Iguandon on the Center server, though I didn't remember the level or sex; just knew I tamed it in the Underground World and left it at my base there.  So I decided to take the Allo to the water base as a new guard and then would transfer to the Center.

I was barely out of sight of my main base when I found the 145 Equus, so I had to make a u-turn, get my kibble, and tame it.  With that done, final got the Allo to water base and then went over to the Center server.  Made my way form the main base down to the Underground World base and was pleased to find I had a male which I had tamed from a 145 wild.  Before leaving, did a quick check of the major spawns and ended up with another Allo(a wild 120) to do guard duty at the base, and also picked up a 145 Theri and another horse(a 135; this one glitched up a bit and took more kibble than normal).

Also, for grins, took a Wyvern, put on infinite stats, and flew it from 1 corner to the map to the other, just to see how long it would take, under the best of conditions.

So, that quick run to pick up a single dino turned into a major expedition, and while I have the Iguanodon ready to go, I still need to pop over to the Scorched Earth server to pick up some mats and tames to take back to the other two servers.  Since activity is low on the server, we are going to close it down, after giving time for everyone to move their tames to the other two servers.  After it is cleared, going to back up the server(so I can restore it whenever we want it for something; everyone is leaving their bases) and then will turn it into a pseudo extinction server; high rates for testing out different maps and mods, with wipes when we become bored with it.

Anyway, I had to make an update to the SE server first, so while waiting for it to stop, I popped in here and saw this post, so figure I would join in.  Server should be back up now, so time to get moving.

Hmm, lets see.  Loaded up my game, checked the feeding troughs, topped them off.  Moved a bunch of juvie dinos into the barn. (Dino pick-up is awesome for this)  Realized I've got 100 tames with enough room for about 75 (not exact, but it seems like it).  Topped the 3 forges off with 500 wood each and transferred the rest of the metal from the mining quetz to the forges.  Set in expanding the barn.  Figured out a behemoth gate doesn't work well in the end wall of a sloped roof building.  At least I'm using s+ so I just took it down.  Added a 20Lx10Wx17h barn to the end of my existing one.  Finally fought the behemoth gate into a spot.  This only took 5 hours of put up, tear down, make more, rethink, try again.  I really don't know why I'm bothering with it, I'm planning on moving soon anyway.  Got frustrated and took the quetz and anky to the volcano on a metal run.  Got back and continued my fight with the snap points.  Figured out the sloped wall segments don't snap to each other, so no way to close in that gap between roofs from raising my existing barn roof by 1 wall.:S  We're going on 8 hours of construction now.  Got the roof on the new barn, sloped wall sections aren't working for connecting roofs here either.  Curse the game repeatedly for the next half hour.  Getting late, so I give up on the construction.  Game crashed from a memory leak.  Update, internet is running at 30kb/s for some reason.  Re-launch.  Restock feeding troughs again.  Down to 150 stacks of raw meat, going to have to do a meat run, but not tonight.  Jump on my runabout ptera and fly over to the river.  Cool, beavers have built new dams, gonna raid them tomorrow.  Sun is going down, so I land on a rock and watch an alpha raptor for a while.  Sun starts up, notice a lvl 88 raptor trying to get up the rocks to get me.  A few minutes later, it teleports up the rock and right on top of me.  Start to kill it, see it's colored differently than most, fly off.  I'll come back for you later, see if you have any good stats hidden in there.  Hovered over a pack of troodons for a bit.  They didn't seem to like that.  It's tomorrow.  Fly back to the barn, park the ptera, make the rounds to see everything is still in order and shut down for the night.

Not a bad session for a sunday afternoon.

This weekend was busy. I decided to finally expand my base and nooooow....after allll the expanding and resources spent....I kinda want to move it. My base is on Tropical Island North and I'm really considering moving and trying to unify the little islands on the river delta into an island base. Way more flat space for building, which is an issue for me right now since I can't do S+ on PS4. And I can't build the way I need and want to.

So I'll probably spawn in resources and do some test building. I don't know. I need to be in a more central location but that just seems...boring and easy lol.

But as for what I accomplished this weekend! MASSIVE base expansion I was having issues with raptors spawning in, so I was debating on having a few wandering therizinos on neutral as well as an Allo barrier here than there...but then high level chalicos started spawning in. They leave me alone. I'm SP so beer just.. really isn't feasible for taming...but I tell you what...they've been FANTASTIC base guards so I'm happy to leave them. They're three of them and so far they've made quick work of several raptors and an errant carno without me even needing to send in the troops. If I do end up moving base, I might spawn some beer in and take them with me. I'm sentimental like that.

Finished my expansion and decided to go prowl for some gallis as I don't have any. Instead I found a gorgeous dark red carno (the first I've seen in that color in my instance)and another high level purlovia. Perfect! Slapped them on passive, tucked them into my taming box in the redwoods and went hunting for gallis. Had my eye on one when a microraptor AND purlovia smacked me off my quetz Freighter, and pushed me into a pack of terror birds. Desperately poke at the terror birds while Freighter did his huge, crappy follow curcles, then a level 130 some carno came into the mix and wiped me out. Respawned at home, grabbed armor, grapped crossbow, hopped on Windshear and went racing back. Freighter was pretty beat up. I got him back on follow, but was slow on the draw and forgot to change his follow distance aaaand stuck on each other. At that moment the SAME FREAKING CARNO comes back. Everything goes crazy and I jump off, start shooting the carno, trying to draw aggro. It took forever, but he started paying attention to me. I have movement speed waaay up, so juked him around a bit, grabbed Freighter and made a mad dash home.

Only I forgot to put Windshear on follow. And off of neutral. 

So immediately turn around to find Windshear getting the poop kicked out of her. Now there are terror birds in the mix, a carno...madness. I whistle follow and passive. She goes passive but gets STUCK IN THE MOB. Pretty sure I'm going to lose my bird at this point. My favorite bird at that. But through the power of me wading in there, breaking ALL my armor, almost dying  (again), and jabbing everything with my pike...she breaks free. Mad dash to Freighter and home, both birds at 70 some HP outta 3k for Freighter and about 2k for Windshear. Come back later, get my red carno, get microraptored again...carno saves me from troodons...at this point SO done with the redwoods. So go home,  remember my high level purlovia still in the taming box and say forget it for now.

That was just Saturday.

Sunday, I lick my wounds, decide to go out to find an ankylo. Metal gathering is a pain and I should have gotten one a long time ago. On the way to find them, run across an allo pack. Decide, hey, if opportunity knocks, who am I to say no? No spectacular levels but hey. I'm always looking for allo army grunts. Knock out two and the third one just disappears. Cannot find it for the life of me. Thinking I'm relatively safe, hop off Freighter, and meander about, poke a couple of parasaurs...then disaster strikes. Just as my two grunts pop up, an allo pack appears and starts attacking them. Then the third that disappeared magically REAPPEARS and starts helping wreck my new tames. They make quick work of the grunts and start after Freighter. I get through the fray, get on Freighter, aaaand stuck on trees. Freighter starts becoming a bloody mess and so upset and aggravated at it all, I invoke the nuclear option and destroy all wild dinos. Freighter was practically dead. 30 some HP left. Just. Over it. Finally cruise around and find a 113 anklo. I'll take it. Tame up, get some metal going...fabulous. 

Decide I need a female bary. Troll the river, find a highlevel male spino. Easy tame, find two male barys and a female finally. Not spectacular levels, but I'm not complaining. One of them is an awesome green and cream I haven'tseen before on them so he was an immediate must have. Gorgeous but stupidly low level female spino spawns. Don't even care. Easily most gorgeous spino I've found. We truck home, avoiding manta hordes, and I get everyone put away. Decide to fill troughs, so take out Twinby, my level 206 allo, and we go murdering. 

Come back with an amazing black and purple dimorph female in tow, along with two compys, an an awesome orange and black female turtle to go with my white and black male. Decide to play aroud, hatch a rando ptera color mutation...orange, grey, and black! Immediately breed her back to the sire, and get a male. Gotta let breeding timer reset then will breed those two. Have a baby purlovia, remember my high level male in the redwoods, but still salty over that so delay getting him a bit longer. Wanted to have a bit of fun so tamed up a diplo that spawned in my base and hatched a spawned thorny dragon egg. Try to hatch some spawned moth eggs but they fell through the world. Hatch up a couple of megalosaurs, and three immediately fall to the baby feeding bug because I couldn't hand feed them fast enough. Finally had three persist into juvie stage. 

And I called it a night.

• Like 1

Got the roof finished on my base so finally no more pesky pteranodons can drop in and get on my nerves. Went on a bit of a fly around to see if I could find anything decent but alas a 140 male Iguanodon was the best thing I found. Tamed him up anyway, then took one of the whales out and immediately ran into a 150 Plesi so ran back to base and grabbed the kibbles and my tankiest Bary to tame him up. Pretty straight forward tame, his stats are kind of junky, but I'm probably never going to use him anyways so no biggy, he's a nice burgandy colour and at least looks neat.

23 hours ago, Cymas said:

Lightning struck twice today...

So after the shenanigans of last night the server ended up being down until this morning. I logged on and after a night's sleep and no longer fresh panic I was able to do a more systematic search and find my saber, she was chewing on a sarco and not seeming the least bit concerned. Took the long way home because I was tired of the swamp, then did prep for a test run of the swamp cave. Ironic I know but in fairness it's in the redwoods.

Headed out, turned to fight a snake, walked under the first tree at the edge of the woods and bam! death by thlacoleo. Great start huh. Luckily it was a low level one, saber shredded it while I did the naked flight of shame back to get my stuff and the cat and try again. Made it to the cave and cautiously proceeded. It was both terrifying and not as bad as I thought. Those dragonflies are brutal but we advanced slowly and stopped often. Made it to the first loot crates but ran out of raw meat and was unable to go further. But the cat got a lot of levels and I got an idea of what to expect.

Lazy Sunday so after we got home (checking every tree for thylas this time) I took Val out for some flying time. Collected up some drops while scouting for sheep and/or a good breeding saber, came home empty. Had an early Easter dinner with family. Went back out and heading along the volcano river, I see a flash of white. It's an equus. Do I dare to hope? Break out the spyglass. Level 140 female unicorn. Holy horned horses! I grabbed that thing so fast and carried her home as fast as Val's wings could carry us. Whipped up the kibble, threw on the ghillie, now I have a level 209 unicorn to go with my level 14. Sadly both female and no one else on server has any, male or otherwise.

So I head out again, catch another flash of white. Are you kidding me? Spyglass again. A level 10 male unicorn, just up the river from where the female had been. I can't believe my luck. You better believe I grabbed that unicorn and again sprinted home. He got carrots, not kibble. But seriously what are the odds, two unicorns within 10 minutes of each other, and one an actual good level at that. Amazing. I can now offer bred unicorns to my server, and try to breed up some nice ones with the 140 too.

I almost felt like I should just log off right then and there because when Ark luck turns, it turns tragedy.

But my tribemate finally came on and we did a successful, if underwhelming swamp cave run.

But hey two unicorns is a massive success by any metric. I still can't get over how incredible that was. I now have 3 unicorns (and one regular equus) in my suddenly very cramped stable that was originally meant to house one raptor.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post more daily stories. Your bad stories let me know im not the only one getting effed up. And your good stories give me hope! I would love a daily story by Cymas thread. I'll then compile them all, and with your permission attempt to write a screenplay that ill never finish and never send into a studio about a based on fake events movie =D

• Like 1

I got my hands on 15 obsidian, at last. Don't laugh! I'm single player, I have my base in the south and I can't fly due to game crashes when I fly, so it's really a pain to find any obsidian. All the other resource are not a problem, but that one... ughhh. I have no resource respawn in the caves (bug). I can't take my raft up north because of the whales. I tried going to the snow biome with my dolphin, but could not find any obsidian right at the coast, and I'm too weak to fight the creatures there one my own, without my raptors. Died twice trying. I can't go on foot either because I can't handle the t-rexes and spino's in the neighbourhood of my base yet. In the end I turned the 'resource respawn' slider in my settings all the way down and after 2 ingame days finally one obsidian rock in the lower south cave respawned. Hurray!

• Like 1

What a busy weekend but a good one on the whole.

I wanted to make use of the 1.5 x Tame so said to my Tribemate, ‘let’s go and get something decent’… he preceded to get a 150 Monkey, yes a bloody Monkey! I am sure he does it just to wind me up; he has about 15 of the  bloody things now and he knows I want proper dinos.

I went out on my original Ptera (nerfed) and came across a wonderful looking 145 Spino and told my Tribemate to get his arse down to where I was. He brought the Tappy and we flew around and tranq’d her until she collapsed into a rockface. This turned out really well as apparently they tend to run to the water when fleeing and can drown! We had the kibble and narcs so the 90 min countdown started.

Nothing approached us in that time, so it was a hassle free tame. She came out at about 216 IIRC but the stats didn’t seem too amazing (but I don’t know what they should be, I’m new at this).

Managed to get her back to our pen on the east side of Jungles Mid (right on the coast) and she had a wonderful Purple edging to her spine and tail.

I was happy with our first Spino.

I then had a conversation with my tribemate as to whether or not we needed to get new pteras and whether these would be better than our originals that we got before the nerf. So off we went and found a pair on our beach – how lucky was that. A 140 and 145. Tamed both without any further damage and kibble fed them and their stats were very comparable. I am not sure if these are decent as the nerf has thrown my understanding off as to what is good on a Ptera now.

Post tame stats are:

1515 hp

465 stam

201 weight

291 melee

Can’t remember food or oxygen but these are kind of irrelevant.

My current original Ptera pre-nerf has 1200 hp and 968 stam 211 weight and 321 melee so Ill level my new birds up and see if they are better or not – it appears they wont be much better though.

So fairly decent for a couple of nights work :)

7 hours ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post more daily stories. Your bad stories let me know im not the only one getting effed up. And your good stories give me hope! I would love a daily story by Cymas thread. I'll then compile them all, and with your permission attempt to write a screenplay that ill never finish and never send into a studio about a based on fake events movie =D

Lol it's Ark, everyone does no matter how many hours you have. I just hit 3700 in this game and while I don't (often) die to my own stupidity like my tribemate, it still only takes a second of inattention or distraction. I've at least gotten to the point where I don't lose stuff or animals all that often anymore, which is why I was anger-panicking at the idea of losing my fresh bred saber to the server taking a dump.

Speaking of, last night was a short but productive day.

My time zone challenged tribemate M was on so I hopped on as soon as I got home from work and asked if he wanted to do a cave run. He was excited to have the chance, and my other tribemate P also logged in shortly after I did. So we had mate boosted cats, one bred one wild tame, and one wild tamed bary for caving. What I don't understand is how I've been in that cave more than anyone else but my cat is still the lowest level animal in the group lol. Then again she was only a 202. Still don't have a name for her, want it to be swamp related but not silly.

Anyway, after making sure everyone had all the gear they needed and herding everyone to the cave, while looking up for thylas, man I can't find a single one when I'm hunting for them but go caving and they're on every other tree...anyway. M was freaked out a little bit by the first giant dragonfly swarm, which is understandable. I may have internally panicked a little bit the first time I encountered them (solo, no less) myself. We were making good progress, about halfway in when...tribemate P accidentally dismounts his bary midfight. You can guess what happened. I picked up his microraptor, shoved his gear in the bary and we walked it back out of the cave again. P did the naked run of shame through the swamp to get back, impressive in that he survived and made good time. Back in again.

Blue drop, stone pick. Woo. Yellow and red crates also filled with disappointment, though I can't remember what they were now. Then we hit up the artifact, while I was grabbing it the red crate respawned. M got it and told me to look in my saber when I got back. Ok, I'm both apprehensive and excited now. He's either trolling me with a stupid drop or it's something ridiculously amazing. Get back to my saber, jump on, and check my inventory. Spino saddle ok not bad...wait it's light blue, that's not primitive. Ascendant spino saddle. Yes! We are a spino tribe so this is a huge, huge find for us. Individually no one really does things like run caves so we don't often hold even mastercraft, never mind ascendant gear. Hence why I'm organizing events for the tribe like this.

Pressure's on now though, the mission is to not die while carrying this saddle. Oh I remember now, one of those other crates was a mastercraft regular bow. 

Anyway. The artifact did not respawn for some reason so we ended up leaving with just two and the saddle. Still a good run. Once we got out P effed off to go do whatever P does, it's just one of his things. That left M and I to safely navigate our way home through thyla infested trees. Yeah. I was so busy looking up trying to avoid death by tree cat, I didn't see a certain small, aggravating animal lurking nearby. Then some of my arrows disappeared, I was robbed! And then my artifact was stolen too, it was the only other thing on me because you can't put them in animal inventory anymore. Seriously? That's incredibly frustrating. At least we weren't actively hunting the artifacts right now but still, that's just mean.

The saddle was in my cat's inventory fortunately, because I'm not an idiot and the cat is clearly much more likely to survive than I am. As soon as we were safely inside the gates I sure did make sure I got that saddle straight into what is currently our only vault. Not putting that on any of our current spinos, going to wait until we've got at least a decent bred one. If I'm being honest with myself, that saddle has Smaug's name on it for once I rebreed him back into existence. By the obs I miss that spino, he was my alpha slaying world destroyer, the only thing he couldn't take was a giga. Then the major stat nerf hit..lost him to a server wipe actually.

By that point I had a headache, probably from a long day at work honestly, so I called it early for the night after a short failed scouting run for some basils. I am still quite pleased with how things turned out, even if we only ended up with 1 artifact.

40 minutes ago, Cymas said:

my cat is still the lowest level animal in the group lol. Then again she was only a 202. Still don't have a name for her, want it to be swamp related but not silly.

Cymas, can I also say how much I enjoy reading your replies. I try to keep my daily activities less wholesome but am feeling I need to add a little more to mine now ;)

Back on topic - Ive a Sabre too, I think around 241 and I was struggling for a name so I called him Mr Stripes (orange with black stripes), its always hard to name all your dinos but I repeatedly try.