Jump to content

So what did you do in ARK today?


Anarki
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Single Player - Ragnarok

 

Last night spent a little time on my SP game. I was out farming poly to make my ASC Ghillie suit. I finally got a full set of ASC Ghillie BPs! Then I went back out looking for a Yuty. amazing how whenever I am on a Argy or Ptera, the Yutys are EVERYWHERE!  But when I'm on a Wyvern, none to be found!

Well, after getting fed up with not finding a yuty, I leveled up my new Daedon in Food, and thus spent the next hour doing continues meat runs. Near the last run, I was taking a stamina break near the castle, when a red and white (natural colored) Rex came out of nowhere. Seeing it was a 150, I knew I wanted to add it to my growing rex pack.  A while later I was finally able to drop it (they are much harder to tame now, as they don't derp out on rocks all the time. Now they just climb cliffs!)

According to dododex, it was high stamina and melee! So it will get added to the breeding program. While it was taming up, I flew over to my Viking Bay base and crafted a rex saddle. Once "Big Red" stood up perfect tamed, I rode him all the way back to my Big Butte Base, with my Wyvern flying after us. I must have put on 30 levels on him getting him back to base, as we just wrecked everything in sight. (thankfully no Allos or Alphas to deal with) 

Finally back at base, I had a bunch of eggs to collect, thanks to the new oviraptors. Then I logged off to watch some NHL playoffs and Hogan's Heros on tv.

 

I need to build an egg farm set up, to make it easier to see and collect the eggs. As well as some breeding pens, as I'd like to raise a full 20 more imprinted Rexs to take into Boss fights.

*** More questions for you the listening audience ***

1) For the second time in a week, I contracted some disease while attacking Pachyrhinos. It is not rabies, as there were no Onyx around, but my character kept coughing (and I had skull and crossbones icon), and the only way to get it to stop was to get myself killed.  I can't find anything about this in Wiki .... What disease are the Pachyrhinos giving me? and how do I treat it?

2) What is the best food to fill up Daedons when going into boss battle?

3) What is the best food to fill up Rexs when going into boss battle?

 

Thanks in advance for your input.

1) Swamp fever, make antidotes (or drink wyv milk its a cure all)

2) Iguanadon kibble, other kibbles or cooked meat. Level just food on them. You dont bring them in the boss fights, you just use to heal between. Fill with cooked meat, heal up. To fill its food quick simply leave render and come back. It will eat to its full food level. To give you an idea.. my daedon has 100k food and that 100k will only heal all my theriz like 20% or less, if you brought in a boss fight you would need to ride it AND have over 3k kibble to make it last.. just ride yuty. Grab a few megatherium for your brood battles,,they own there :) 

3) Cooked meat, honestly you wont need it though. It heals to little to make a difference

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

1) Swamp fever, make antidotes (or drink wyv milk its a cure all)

2) Iguanadon kibble, other kibbles or cooked meat. Level just food on them. You dont bring them in the boss fights, you just use to heal between. Fill with cooked meat, heal up. To fill its food quick simply leave render and come back. It will eat to its full food level. To give you an idea.. my daedon has 100k food and that 100k will only heal all my theriz like 20% or less, if you brought in a boss fight you would need to ride it AND have over 3k kibble to make it last.. just ride yuty. Grab a few megatherium for your brood battles,,they own there :) 

3) Cooked meat, honestly you wont need it though. It heals to little to make a difference

1) I thought I could only get swamp fever from leeches.  learn something new all the time!

2) Thank you .... I can make a ton of Allo kibble, as I have so many females over at my Wyvern Scar base.  Did not know about the rendering trick either. Wow, feeling very Nooby this week.

3) ok, I see some videos where they are talking about veggie cakes, but wasnt sure if that is for Rexs too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

) What is the best food to fill up Daedons when going into boss battle?

Kibble gives the most amount of food for Daedons, but of course can be a pain to make mass amounts. Second best is cooked prime/mutton followed by cooked meat

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

1) I thought I could only get swamp fever from leeches.  learn something new all the time!

2) Thank you .... I can make a ton of Allo kibble, as I have so many females over at my Wyvern Scar base.  Did not know about the rendering trick either. Wow, feeling very Nooby this week.

3) ok, I see some videos where they are talking about veggie cakes, but wasnt sure if that is for Rexs too.

Dont worry the swamp fever thing is new haha. I just learnt the render trick a few weeks ago myself and been playing since first ea :p It is a full.time job trying to get meat/kibb for daedon.. i made 6 grills and went on a mutton spree, hours of work for one food refill lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Realized i forgot to do an update. Sunday I decided to get with the tek grind. Went out and did a few more mats runs. With another alpha ape down, went and made a few more Tek dino gates, a few test foundations, some pillars for my base (look ugly - will not be adding lol) then decided id give real tek a try and made a genny and a tek trough. I dont really need either.. but ive never truely played with much Tek. I started using my leftover ingots to slowly convert my base to metal. Made a few walls and foundations, placed em and got bored lol

 

Happens every time I get to metal base tier, im going to have to make it more interesting for myself.

 

The next day I only logged on to top off troughs and logged. The day after I didnt want to play really, so after a bit of a internal debate I started a fresh scorched earth toon. I never played scorched really, my tribemates on official did most scorched stuffs and i kept to island. I figure ill give it a go on my off time. Fresh spawns, no item or dino transfers, no fliers. I might eventually transfer some dino scorched doesnt have, maybe a bear or theriz.

 

Vanilla rates except 2x harvest and 2x dino weight.

I spawned in easy zone, never really played scorched as mentioned so it was refreshing to struggle with a (almost) brand new map with different conditions. I struggled for hours trying to get a footing and get some hide. Made about 4 huts and kept getting owned by Sabres, raptors and such. 

 

Finally found somewhere i remember. That canyon with the river in it. Made it down there and set up another hut on the cliffs. Crafted a boomerang and went down to (constantly) get some water and hopefully find a raptor i can kill for some hide. Theres a pack sitting in the water, a level 5, 15 and a 60. I sat up on the cliff and started throwing my boomerang trying to hit one of em. Finally, a hit connects and they come rushing towards me. Im on a cliff, fools.. hah!

 

....Yeah... raptors jump now i forgot. Got owned, spawned near and made my way back into the canyon with revenge in my heart. Got my body, had to suicide again to get raptors off the cliff and near a higher one they cant pouce me on. Threw a few spears to lure them close so i can boomerang them. I didnt know the boom was a torpor inducer, so i knocked out the level 15 and 5 :) Went down, got my hide and threw the meat on the level 5. Tamed up really quick and i was stoked! Finally something that can help me. I threw it on follow and tried bringing it around to get up onto my little platform. Remember that level 60 raptor? Yeah I didnt. Pounced, dead. My noobie raptor died too. Got my body back, got a bit of hide from my raptor (rip) and made a sleeping bag.

 

Not even 5 minutes later that raptor some how got up top and killed me. I accidently spawned on my bag by habit, died again and got fed up and logged :P 

 

The next day I found out I can change maps on my server without losing my Rag progress (thanks @DJRone89 and yes, that was me.) So im thinking i might switch map to island or SE. Not sure yet. Ill mess around on SE SP until I decide.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Realized i forgot to do an update. Sunday I decided to get with the tek grind. Went out and did a few more mats runs. With another alpha ape down, went and made a few more Tek dino gates, a few test foundations, some pillars for my base (look ugly - will not be adding lol) then decided id give real tek a try and made a genny and a tek trough. I dont really need either.. but ive never truely played with much Tek. I started using my leftover ingots to slowly convert my base to metal. Made a few walls and foundations, placed em and got bored lol

 

Happens every time I get to metal base tier, im going to have to make it more interesting for myself.

 

The next day I only logged on to top off troughs and logged. The day after I didnt want to play really, so after a bit of a internal debate I started a fresh scorched earth toon. I never played scorched really, my tribemates on official did most scorched stuffs and i kept to island. I figure ill give it a go on my off time. Fresh spawns, no item or dino transfers, no fliers. I might eventually transfer some dino scorched doesnt have, maybe a bear or theriz.

 

Vanilla rates except 2x harvest and 2x dino weight.

I spawned in easy zone, never really played scorched as mentioned so it was refreshing to struggle with a (almost) brand new map with different conditions. I struggled for hours trying to get a footing and get some hide. Made about 4 huts and kept getting owned by Sabres, raptors and such. 

 

Finally found somewhere i remember. That canyon with the river in it. Made it down there and set up another hut on the cliffs. Crafted a boomerang and went down to (constantly) get some water and hopefully find a raptor i can kill for some hide. Theres a pack sitting in the water, a level 5, 15 and a 60. I sat up on the cliff and started throwing my boomerang trying to hit one of em. Finally, a hit connects and they come rushing towards me. Im on a cliff, fools.. hah!

 

....Yeah... raptors jump now i forgot. Got owned, spawned near and made my way back into the canyon with revenge in my heart. Got my body, had to suicide again to get raptors off the cliff and near a higher one they cant pouce me on. Threw a few spears to lure them close so i can boomerang them. I didnt know the boom was a torpor inducer, so i knocked out the level 15 and 5 :) Went down, got my hide and threw the meat on the level 5. Tamed up really quick and i was stoked! Finally something that can help me. I threw it on follow and tried bringing it around to get up onto my little platform. Remember that level 60 raptor? Yeah I didnt. Pounced, dead. My noobie raptor died too. Got my body back, got a bit of hide from my raptor (rip) and made a sleeping bag.

 

Not even 5 minutes later that raptor some how got up top and killed me. I accidently spawned on my bag by habit, died again and got fed up and logged :P 

 

The next day I found out I can change maps on my server without losing my Rag progress (thanks @DJRone89 and yes, that was me.) So im thinking i might switch map to island or SE. Not sure yet. Ill mess around on SE SP until I decide.

Scorched can be a best at first.  I pumped points into water early as well as health, and instead of building big bases, I instead make a small adobe base as soon as possible, or a stone base in a cave. I tame a morellotops for the water function, and then I go straight for the Argies!   My last SE character,  I had about 6 Argies before I even leveled up to the saddle!  I kept them flying after me for protection and hauling.

Sorry your first forray into Scorched was such a nightmare.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Scorched can be a best at first.  I pumped points into water early as well as health, and instead of building big bases, I instead make a small adobe base as soon as possible, or a stone base in a cave. I tame a morellotops for the water function, and then I go straight for the Argies!   My last SE character,  I had about 6 Argies before I even leveled up to the saddle!  I kept them flying after me for protection and hauling.

Sorry your first forray into Scorched was such a nightmare.  

I need to stay away from fliers this time, i find it makes the game ezmode but we will see later :) Im for sure going for Morellatops though! Never have tamed one :P I did get a jerboa too! First on that too lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Realized i forgot to do an update. Sunday I decided to get with the tek grind. Went out and did a few more mats runs. With another alpha ape down, went and made a few more Tek dino gates, a few test foundations, some pillars for my base (look ugly - will not be adding lol) then decided id give real tek a try and made a genny and a tek trough. I dont really need either.. but ive never truely played with much Tek. I started using my leftover ingots to slowly convert my base to metal. Made a few walls and foundations, placed em and got bored lol

 

Happens every time I get to metal base tier, im going to have to make it more interesting for myself.

 

The next day I only logged on to top off troughs and logged. The day after I didnt want to play really, so after a bit of a internal debate I started a fresh scorched earth toon. I never played scorched really, my tribemates on official did most scorched stuffs and i kept to island. I figure ill give it a go on my off time. Fresh spawns, no item or dino transfers, no fliers. I might eventually transfer some dino scorched doesnt have, maybe a bear or theriz.

 

Vanilla rates except 2x harvest and 2x dino weight.

I spawned in easy zone, never really played scorched as mentioned so it was refreshing to struggle with a (almost) brand new map with different conditions. I struggled for hours trying to get a footing and get some hide. Made about 4 huts and kept getting owned by Sabres, raptors and such. 

 

Finally found somewhere i remember. That canyon with the river in it. Made it down there and set up another hut on the cliffs. Crafted a boomerang and went down to (constantly) get some water and hopefully find a raptor i can kill for some hide. Theres a pack sitting in the water, a level 5, 15 and a 60. I sat up on the cliff and started throwing my boomerang trying to hit one of em. Finally, a hit connects and they come rushing towards me. Im on a cliff, fools.. hah!

 

....Yeah... raptors jump now i forgot. Got owned, spawned near and made my way back into the canyon with revenge in my heart. Got my body, had to suicide again to get raptors off the cliff and near a higher one they cant pouce me on. Threw a few spears to lure them close so i can boomerang them. I didnt know the boom was a torpor inducer, so i knocked out the level 15 and 5 :) Went down, got my hide and threw the meat on the level 5. Tamed up really quick and i was stoked! Finally something that can help me. I threw it on follow and tried bringing it around to get up onto my little platform. Remember that level 60 raptor? Yeah I didnt. Pounced, dead. My noobie raptor died too. Got my body back, got a bit of hide from my raptor (rip) and made a sleeping bag.

 

Not even 5 minutes later that raptor some how got up top and killed me. I accidently spawned on my bag by habit, died again and got fed up and logged :P 

 

The next day I found out I can change maps on my server without losing my Rag progress (thanks @DJRone89 and yes, that was me.) So im thinking i might switch map to island or SE. Not sure yet. Ill mess around on SE SP until I decide.

I love the starting out on a new map stories. Im tempted to add scorched to my cluster, but Im kind of waiting for the 3rd dlc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quiet and short one last night. 

Mainly collecting metal and obsidian and making polymer to keep my chainsaw repaired and collect more wood to continue the cave build.  Used all our cement paste reserves so tonight I need to go chomp some beavers and raid their homes before setting out on my mission to go get a couple of Morrelatops for imprint kibble.

I also picked up some new Wyvern eggs which was interesting - first one I didn't get any aggro but this time EVERYTHING aggro'd me and it was a nightmare escaping.  Came home after 2 runs with 3 new eggs though - 100 Fire, 165 Lightnin, 175 Lightnin.  Once we have all the imprint kibble creatures we can think about trapping a couple for milk and raising our eggs.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I usually don't tame anything after work but I logged on to have the rexs mate again, and noticed a 217 female bronto on the beach and I just had to have it. I've never had one that high, took 80 tranqs with a 247% xbow. Mostly kibble tamed her, we were shy 4 turtle eggs. But here she is...Big Bertha

y4mWusX9j-zi1zB4zhLZMATmoPPFIfsrs_9QRVSF

 

And here are her stats after tame

y4mkru3wxE7D4uwIdfH02mI6RyzNihyatpKi8OXr

At this point I'm not fully sure what I want to do with her. I think I'm just going to  pump a little melee and stam and the rest weight and make a fully functioning base on her to roam around the island looking for notes.

 

This morning we somehow managed to gather enough to build all but 19 of the 400 ceilings we needed for the roof before running out of time (vanilla rates) :) So tomorrow we finish the roof then start outfitting the place and hopefully hatch a bunch of rex Saturday

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2018 at 12:03 AM, LadyCrescent said:

[snip]

But if I wanted to breed my otters I needed a boatload of fish, because one of the Ark quirks I find most inconvenient is the way carnivores of all sorts favor fish over meat, meaning otters (and my pelagornises in other games) have to be inventory fed because I hate the water in Ark and want to spend as little time as possible messing around in it.

And sure enough, my first juvenile otter is sharing the trough meant exclusively for her with every other carnivore in range. It’s a massive pain.

[/snip]

@LadyCrescent,

If you're running a modded game, are you using S+? If so, the S+ Feeding Trough gives you the ability to exclude or include only certain dinos from using the trough, so you could set up a trough that only allows otters (for fish), and all the other carnivores will use other troughs :)

I am using this feature, but in reverse: I have a trough set up to exclude Rexs, so that forces my (ever growing) pack of Rexs to use a different trough. This stops the very hungry juveniles from eating all of the meat meant for the rest of my dinos.

Edited by mr.dhobbs
More info
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

I usually don't tame anything after work but I logged on to have the rexs mate again, and noticed a 217 female bronto on the beach and I just had to have it. I've never had one that high, took 80 tranqs with a 247% xbow. Mostly kibble tamed her, we were shy 4 turtle eggs. But here she is...Big Bertha

 

At this point I'm not fully sure what I want to do with her. I think I'm just going to  pump a little melee and stam and the rest weight and make a fully functioning base on her to roam around the island looking for notes.

 

You might find it worthwhile to pump up the speed too.  They can be frustratingly slow.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

You might find it worthwhile to pump up the speed too.  They can be frustratingly slow.   

Good point, i will add a few points to speed, melee isnt too important, im going to have some sort of protection detail with it and its 19k hp is more then enough for pve. I'm also going to add the snappy saddles mod to make building on it eaisier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry about double post above.

Last time started off farming 400 metal and got that in the forge, did some more house keeping with reasources.

flew to the ice area and killed a few mammoths and rhino's to get pelt. i also took with me a portabase in my argy, made a small hut to shelter if needed.

also on the way back i spotted a wild DOedicaurs, rock farmer dino, it was high level than i thought so had to scrounge 5 extra kibble, luckly someone on my server had some, tried to give him metal in exchange but he would take it. which is always nice.

Im trying to get my self set up with lots of metal for trading, stone and also stuff for elctronics to buildmy main baase,  with working generator, air con for eggs, fridges.

*Question for anyone
Where should i start my new perma base and what size do i make the main house and walls around it.
Currently have a small beach house, at 75.38, a small base at 55.42 and a tiny cabin in the snow.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Sorry about double post above.

Last time started off farming 400 metal and got that in the forge, did some more house keeping with reasources.

flew to the ice area and killed a few mammoths and rhino's to get pelt. i also took with me a portabase in my argy, made a small hut to shelter if needed.

also on the way back i spotted a wild DOedicaurs, rock farmer dino, it was high level than i thought so had to scrounge 5 extra kibble, luckly someone on my server had some, tried to give him metal in exchange but he would take it. which is always nice.

Im trying to get my self set up with lots of metal for trading, stone and also stuff for elctronics to buildmy main baase,  with working generator, air con for eggs, fridges.

*Question for anyone
Where should i start my new perma base and what size do i make the main house and walls around it.
Currently have a small beach house, at 75.38, a small base at 55.42 and a tiny cabin in the snow.

Which map?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Good point, i will add a few points to speed, melee isnt too important, im going to have some sort of protection detail with it and its 19k hp is more then enough for pve. I'm also going to add the snappy saddles mod to make building on it eaisier

On official servers we had one with just a primitive platform saddle, 15k hp (maybe 18k can't remember) and like 350 melee and when it was time for it to go I walked it down to the Wyvern cove while my tribe mate kited Wyvern's my way. I believe it lasted through like 8 or 9 Wyv's until it finally succumbed. Including a couple 190's, 180's and 170's. Yours will beast even though you have max higher level dino's to deal with. 

We leveled that thing to about 3k weight since it was a berry collector and that would black box it while allowing it to still move and so we pumped speed and stamina. Black box berries in 5 minutes, no lie. lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After much blood sweat and tears (mostly tears due to the building system) I have finally finished my starter house and have furnished it out. Just realised I havent installed the plumbing, but I'll make do just now. Again progress is slow lol

Means I can finally move out the raft. Been trying for more asthetically pleasing builds recently rather than boring old stone boxes I usually end up building, mixing up the building peices. Built using stone foundations, mixture of wood/stone walls and thatch roofs. Even got a 'barbeque' on the front porch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mr.dhobbs said:

If you're running a modded game, are you using S+? If so, the S+ Feeding Trough gives you the ability to exclude or include only certain dinos from using the trough, so you could set up a trough that only allows otters (for fish), and all the other carnivores will use other troughs :)

I am running S+, so thank you for the tip! I was using normal ones when Aberration launched because of the S+ bugs...but since the patch I really should be switching everything over since that’s long since fixed.

I’ll switch those over today, and it will save me so much hassle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

On official servers we had one with just a primitive platform saddle, 15k hp (maybe 18k can't remember) and like 350 melee and when it was time for it to go I walked it down to the Wyvern cove while my tribe mate kited Wyvern's my way. I believe it lasted through like 8 or 9 Wyv's until it finally succumbed. Including a couple 190's, 180's and 170's. Yours will beast even though you have max higher level dino's to deal with. 

We leveled that thing to about 3k weight since it was a berry collector and that would black box it while allowing it to still move and so we pumped speed and stamina. Black box berries in 5 minutes, no lie. lol. 

Shes at 500 melee now. I know what you mean about loading up on berries, used her to get thatch this morning and ended up encumbered a few times from all the berries, and I was able to get the 8k thatch I needed in maybe 10 minutes.

My only fear with her will be gigas and high level alpha rex, but im thinking nothing else will be a threat.  I also just added the snappy saddle mod to make platform building eaisier, but Im still a few levels away from actually making a bronto platform saddle. I'm hoping to find a similar level male soon and get an imprinted pair and level those in just hp and melee and see what they can do. This go around I'm trying to use dinos that I havent really used for more then just kibble.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...