So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Well today I did a meat and berry run to feed all my dinos, and make sure I had berries for the shinehorn I am breeding! The cutest little things ever. Killed some alpha squids. Popped a rex by accident, did you know they sink into the ACs? Well I know now. Now going to work in the base and do a meat run before bed. 

• Like 2

GOOD. GOD. IT HAS BEEN LIKE A MONTH SINCE I'VE PLAYED.

Well I did some good things today and last night. Last time when I played I tamed my first Giga (It's lvl 40 and was not worth it by any extent, but her name is Tiny and I love her anyway). What I wanted to do first was tame a Beelzebufo (I've tamed two and they both died) and I wanted to tame a Gigantopithecus, which I've never had the patience to do before. It took me a while to find a high level Beelzebufo, but I eventually did and tamed it without any problems. Her name is Bertha and she's pink, so that's dope.

I then went to tame a Gigantopithecus. I once again had a lot of trouble finding a high level one. I decided to start killing all of the things that aren't high level enough for me to tame unless they drop prime meat in which case I will save them for when I need to save them for when I need to feed them to my tames. I searched for a long as time and was pounced on by a couple of Thylacoleos, but wasn't killed by one until the third one. I tried to be fairly careful. I went through a lot of trouble after that. Eventually I tried shutting down my PS4 without saving and exitting, but it didn't go far enough back to save me from getting killed by the Thylacoleo. The first thing I did was recraft my armor and make a transmitter so that I can track the tracker node on my Argy, which was left wherever I died. This is when I realized that I had no idea what the frequency for my Argy was. I ended up realizing that there are so many frequencies that I would have better luck randomly flying through the Redwood forest looking for my Argy (his name is Cloud and he's level 268) with my own two eyes. I searched for about an hour when I decided to just go back to searching for high level Gigantopithecus and just hope that I'd eventually come across my Argy by chance at some point.

No luck on the Gigantopithecus, however I did come across a Purlovia which I had literally never seen before in my playthrough. It was a level 130 so there was no way I was passing up this chance to tame one. She tamed out well and her name is Carla. She's now level 196. After taming Carla I decided to go back to looking for a high level Gigantopithecus and managed to literally fly RIGHT up to my Argy WITH my items still right next to it (despite about two hours passing, which is weird, but I'm not complaining). I was super happy to have Cloud back, but I'm not giving up on my quest for Gigantopithecus.

• Like 5

Logged on to find my entire base had been destroyed by a passing griefing tribe along with others, thought it was a bit weird to see only 3 players online when it's normally 20+.

I don't care if I get raided, but to waste all your c4 to destroy bases and gain nothing? What's the point?

I'm happy, as they didn't even manage to find my hidden stashes of my actual items, I hope they enjoy 20 iron ingots and some fertiliser but I guess they didn't care besides ruining the server. Learnt my lesson with official servers trying to play solo, time to join an unofficial and have some proper PvP.

Edited by DaleTheWhale

12 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

GOOD. GOD. IT HAS BEEN LIKE A MONTH SINCE I'VE PLAYED.

Well I did some good things today and last night. Last time when I played I tamed my first Giga (It's lvl 40 and was not worth it by any extent, but her name is Tiny and I love her anyway). What I wanted to do first was tame a Beelzebufo (I've tamed two and they both died) and I wanted to tame a Gigantopithecus, which I've never had the patience to do before. It took me a while to find a high level Beelzebufo, but I eventually did and tamed it without any problems. Her name is Bertha and she's pink, so that's dope.

I then went to tame a Gigantopithecus. I once again had a lot of trouble finding a high level one. I decided to start killing all of the things that aren't high level enough for me to tame unless they drop prime meat in which case I will save them for when I need to save them for when I need to feed them to my tames. I searched for a long as time and was pounced on by a couple of Thylacoleos, but wasn't killed by one until the third one. I tried to be fairly careful. I went through a lot of trouble after that. Eventually I tried shutting down my PS4 without saving and exitting, but it didn't go far enough back to save me from getting killed by the Thylacoleo. The first thing I did was recraft my armor and make a transmitter so that I can track the tracker node on my Argy, which was left wherever I died. This is when I realized that I had no idea what the frequency for my Argy was. I ended up realizing that there are so many frequencies that I would have better luck randomly flying through the Redwood forest looking for my Argy (his name is Cloud and he's level 268) with my own two eyes. I searched for about an hour when I decided to just go back to searching for high level Gigantopithecus and just hope that I'd eventually come across my Argy by chance at some point.

No luck on the Gigantopithecus, however I did come across a Purlovia which I had literally never seen before in my playthrough. It was a level 130 so there was no way I was passing up this chance to tame one. She tamed out well and her name is Carla. She's now level 196. After taming Carla I decided to go back to looking for a high level Gigantopithecus and managed to literally fly RIGHT up to my Argy WITH my items still right next to it (despite about two hours passing, which is weird, but I'm not complaining). I was super happy to have Cloud back, but I'm not giving up on my quest for Gigantopithecus.

A pump shotty is your best friend when getting pounced by thylos, a few shots should kill most that get you and you can still shoot when pinned

Didnt have much time to play this morning. My first task was hoping over to Aberration to farm a little fungal wood while my wife stayed on the island to get stone. The aberration trip almost ended in disaster. Grabbed my roll rat and headed up to the green biome for wood, had to roll around a few packs of ravagers and megalasaurs to get there.

On the way I run over a couple of cloaked drakes. They quickly catch up and pin me in a corner. My rat had 10k hp but I was turned around and had a hard time hitting them. Then my saddle broke mid fight, i thought it was all over at that point, then the drakes died, rat had 2 or 3k hp left. I luckily had a 2nd saddle, farmed enough wood for the 3 ravager saddles and headed back. On the way back a couple of megalasaurs and ravagers started chasing me, i made a beeline for base and my turrets/plant x took them out. I got back to the island asap after that, lol.

Back on the island we made the saddles, then took a quick trip to blue obelisk to pick up some ingots before having to log.

I think my big plan for this week is to prepare for rex hunting this weekend and start grinding for a large rex breeding facility. Im also going to start leveling the new ravagers and bears for cave runs. We are slowly getting ready to do bosses for the first time ever. With only 4 of us, 2 of which are super casual, its going to be a grind, lol

• Like 3

On 5/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, RichDrac said:

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, RichDrac said:

Went to Carnivore Island flying my top Pteradon looking for a high level mate for my female Argy who is lvl 262. Got a bit too low showing off fighting Carno's and Raptors and got knocked off and killed. Took another Pteradon there to get the first one back and discovered corpses of dead Argys everywhere stuck in the sky. Top Pteradon is fine after fighting the birds so we get him to follow in the dwindling light. Loot crate on the edge of Carno Island looks interesting so I hop off and take a look. Whilst I'm doing that the two bloody Ptera's fly off together in some romantic secret getaway thing and I'm stranded on Carno Island!! (forget to sort out the who's following who commands). Had to swim to shore, avoiding the jellyfish and get my Argy to look for them. Looked all over the North East of the map and failed to find them. Had to tame a lvl 50 male Argy just to get something productive done. Disastrous session.       

I am just starting to  breed Argys. Got a couple of nice lvl 200s. Took them flying around to level up. Took to Carno Island and munched on a few things there and I remembered d1nk comment about the World Ceiling. Got to the point where I remembered  they flew off and flew upwards.

I FOUND THEM!!

Missing for a week, they were just hovering there. Quickly took them back to base for a good feed.

Great Session. Thanks d1nk

I would suggest crafting some tracking nodes to install on all your fliers.  You never know when ARK is going to mess with your flyers or water dinos, and cause them to take off for places unknown!

• Like 1

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

I've been getting a bit burned out again lately, so have scaled back my ARK play. On Friday night after work, I decided to throw some of my Easter colored Jerboas in a small pen, and let them get freaky. Everytime I came back to the base, I would check in on the pen, and imprint and feed any babies I found. Then I would throw the parents out of the pen, and keep the babies in the breeding shack. Well by Sunday evening, I had lost count. I'd say I have about 45 jerboas (mostly Yellow and Green) hopping all around the base. In fact, I intentionally left some of my smaller doors open, so some of the little buggers can escape and live in the wild. (most likely to become Argy treats)

I also managed to tame a couple 135-150 level Easter dinos, including a Trike, Stego, Pachy and couple of Argies.

I also tempted fate, by teasing a 130 Giga that is living by the Green OB. I kept flying by it and breathing fire on it with my Fire Wyvern "Ghost Pepper".  Swoop down, light him up, and then swoop up and away. Of course, like a NOOB I stopped watching my stamina, and of course I get auto-landed super close to the Giga. Well He take a couple of good chomps, and  I get us back into the air, only to auto-land again. This happens 3 times, and on the 3rd time, I'm sure my Wyvern is a goner, but we take off one more time, and we fall over the edge of a cliff. Luckily the Giga, either got stuck on a rock, or just de-agroed after losing sight of us, because he never came over the edge of the cliff. I get us to high ground as soon as I can, and force feed Ghost Pepper for what seemed like 5 minutes to get his health back. He went from 18k HP down to 541 HP!  

Got back to the base, and let one of the pigs heal him the rest of the way. Then we went back out, but took out our anger on some spinos ... we killed 13 in about 20 minutes!

I came across 2 different Quetzs during this time, and realized I need either a Tapejara or Griffin to tame a Quetz. So Spennt most of  the remaining time playing trying to get one or  the other.  The Tapejaras were being total buttheads, and not landing so I eventually settled on taming a Easter Griffin. Only a level 85, but it was the best one I found. The stamina on it is total crap, so I'm going to have to keep looking, or just transfer over one of my Single Player Quetz. (I find it easiest to tame a Quetz by chasing it with one with a platform saddle.)

I may have to craft up some turrets to kite the Giga towards, to take him out. He is being a P.I.T.A.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I've been getting a bit burned out again lately, so have scaled back my ARK play. On Friday night after work, I decided to throw some of my Easter colored Jerboas in a small pen, and let them get freaky. Everytime I came back to the base, I would check in on the pen, and imprint and feed any babies I found. Then I would throw the parents out of the pen, and keep the babies in the breeding shack. Well by Sunday evening, I had lost count. I'd say I have about 45 jerboas (mostly Yellow and Green) hopping all around the base. In fact, I intentionally left some of my smaller doors open, so some of the little buggers can escape and live in the wild. (most likely to become Argy treats)

I also managed to tame a couple 135-150 level Easter dinos, including a Trike, Stego, Pachy and couple of Argies.

I also tempted fate, by teasing a 130 Giga that is living by the Green OB. I kept flying by it and breathing fire on it with my Fire Wyvern "Ghost Pepper".  Swoop down, light him up, and then swoop up and away. Of course, like a NOOB I stopped watching my stamina, and of course I get auto-landed super close to the Giga. Well He take a couple of good chomps, and  I get us back into the air, only to auto-land again. This happens 3 times, and on the 3rd time, I'm sure my Wyvern is a goner, but we take off one more time, and we fall over the edge of a cliff. Luckily the Giga, either got stuck on a rock, or just de-agroed after losing sight of us, because he never came over the edge of the cliff. I get us to high ground as soon as I can, and force feed Ghost Pepper for what seemed like 5 minutes to get his health back. He went from 18k HP down to 541 HP!  

Got back to the base, and let one of the pigs heal him the rest of the way. Then we went back out, but took out our anger on some spinos ... we killed 13 in about 20 minutes!

I came across 2 different Quetzs during this time, and realized I need either a Tapejara or Griffin to tame a Quetz. So Spennt most of  the remaining time playing trying to get one or  the other.  The Tapejaras were being total buttheads, and not landing so I eventually settled on taming a Easter Griffin. Only a level 85, but it was the best one I found. The stamina on it is total crap, so I'm going to have to keep looking, or just transfer over one of my Single Player Quetz. (I find it easiest to tame a Quetz by chasing it with one with a platform saddle.)

I may have to craft up some turrets to kite the Giga towards, to take him out. He is being a P.I.T.A.

Ill give u an easy quetz tip.. use griffin and if theyre near canyon, each time u shoot the Q it will fly directly away from where u shot, shoot it towards green ob, itnwill eithrr get stuck on canyon walls or go to ice lake and get stuck on the wall there. Somrthing about quetz paths on rag

• Like 1

17 hours ago, d1nk said:

Ill give u an easy quetz tip.. use griffin and if theyre near canyon, each time u shoot the Q it will fly directly away from where u shot, shoot it towards green ob, itnwill eithrr get stuck on canyon walls or go to ice lake and get stuck on the wall there. Somrthing about quetz paths on rag

I use a Griffin to start with, but after I tame my first Quetz, I use that one to tame all the rest. I find it easiest to stand on the platform saddle.  Stupid Griffin wings/head keep getting in the way.

• Like 1

Logged back on last night after work, and my base is up to about 75 Easter Jerboas jumping all over the place. So I grabbed a handful I wanted to keep, and put them away in a pen for safe keeping.

I then moved all my non-Jerboa dinos to another pen, and put them on passive.

Then I went and grabbed a 145 wild wolf and dropped it in with the leftover Jerboas.  The result was NOT what you would expect. The Jerboas actually appeared to be damaging the wolf when it got stuck in a corner. I didn't think Jerboas had any melee attack, but there was no other dinos to cause the wolf to get bloody. However finally it broke free and went on a killing spree, taking out the vast remainder of the jerboas. It was at this point I dismounted from my Argy, but he was still in Neutral mode, so he flew over and killed the Wolf.  Bummer, because it was a 145 Easter Wolf, that I had planned on taming after he finished his Jerboa genocide.

Then I took Ghost Pepper out to look for some better Griffins, to help me with Quetz taming, as the two Easter Girffins I had already tamed had crap stats.

I found a level 5 and a level 15 Griffin and killed them. But that was it.

So I decided to go look for that stupid Giga. Well we found it, and after about 15 minutes of dive bombing it, finally managed to kite it to the ocean. Then taunted it while it drowned. I flew around for about 2 minutes looking for Easter colored dinos, and then turned back for the main base. As I fly by the Green OB, I see a Blue and Purple 135 Male Giga has already spawned back in!  :Jerbmad:Well looks like I will need to tame that one in the future.

I continued on towards the base, and realizing that I wouldn't make it in one flight, took a stamina break not far from my base. Sitting there resting, I suddenly am attacked. And I realize it is a Griffin. I try to spyglass it, to see what level it is, but before I can even do this, it managed to break my armor. That seemed to happen quickly, so I figure it must be decent level Griffin, so I start tranq arrowing it. I would duck under the Wyvern for cover, and then pop back out for a shot. But I was having a hell of a time getting the shot timing correct, and missed him about 1/3 of the time as he circled around me. Quite embarrassing actually. Finally it starts to get bloody, so I switch over to Longneck rifle to hopefully prevent killing it. But my aim continued to suck, and before I knew it, I was out of tranq darts! By now I have seen it is a level 130, and I do not want to let it get away.

I switch back to the crossbow, but it is ASC, and doing quite a bit of damage. So I am waiting about 10 -12 seconds between shots. Then the Griffin flies off and is heading towards the area with some hyenas and Rexs. I jump on Ghost Pepper and we chase after it. I managed to get ahead of it, and it turns back towards my base. Then amazingly, it lands. I land the Wyvern, and rush over to get another arrow in it. But then it takes off, and does a 360 right into a cliff side! Amazingly on this tiny little cliff, it is stuck, and so a few minutes later ( I was waiting about 20 seconds between shots, because it was super bloody!) it drops, and right onto a tiny ledge away from any threats, unless something came from up top. I jump back on the Wyvern, and scour the area to make sure no threats are around.

I race over to the base and dump a bunch of wood into the Industrial Forge; Then I go and kill off a couple Brontos for the Prime meat. Then I just sat and waited on the ledge until the Griffin stood up at level 194. 

Flew both dinos back to the base. Put the Griffin next to a pig to heal it,  grabbed the charcoal from the Forge and used it to make some gun powder. Then crafted up about 100 tranq darts and called it a night.

Things to do.

-Tame Quetzs

- Tame Easter Giga

- Tame Easter Doeds I saw near base.

- Steal some Wyvern eggs.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 5

Today we decided to polish of the list of kibble dinos for imprinting. Started looking for dimetrodons, grabbed the 1st one I could find and it was a lvl 30 female. Dropped her in a pen and downed her. Had my wife get prime while I kept her under. I haven't tamed a dimetrodon for a long time and forgot how fast their torpor dropped. I must have went through 300 narcotics before we got it tamed and that only took 6 minutes at our rates.

Next we grab a lvl 7 female terror bird and tame her followed by a lvl 30 male dimetrodon and a pair of low lvl pachys. Only thing left on the list was a male terror bird and a pair of gallimintis, but we were short on time so decided to put it off. 

While searching we noticed a nearby alpha carno, so we took the argys and killed him. On the way back an alpha raptor was right out side our wall, decided to use it to level the ravagers we raised a few nights ago and they gained a dozen lvls each. 

We then crafted an s+ hatchery to give all our kibble dinos the oviraptor boost. It runs on refertilizer but I only had enough rare flowers to make a weeks worth of fuel. We decided to take the mochops to the mountain for rare flowers, but it still won't harvest them, not sure whats going on by i could get them by hand.

Before logging we dropped down 6 small crop plots infront of one of our windows and 2 s+ glass ceilings above them for a full greenhouse bonus and planted narcoberries in them. We need to get our narcotic stockpile up to craft a mountain of arrows for all the rexes we plan on taming this weekend. 

And that was it for the day. We will probably do a metal run tomorrow and breed some argies tonight. Our current "battle" argies are great, but an imprinted pair will be even better. We used up all our metal making 2 210% mc longnecks from a bp my wife found over the weekend but they were worth it.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Aberration - Single Player: Welcome back to Ark

So, because of a seemingly endless sequence of events, I’ve spent almost no time with my desktop, and it’s been almost two months since I’ve gotten to play Ark. Which is entirely too long...I can’t wait for the mobile game.

But I returned and spent a moment getting my bearings and wracking my brain for where I left off.

I checked in on the nursery and set my stopwatch for the imprinting timer on my current four baby featherlights, and then set about the main project I needed to accomplish...expanding my storage for shoulder pets. In a word, I had amassed so many shoulder pets my game had started crashing if I looked at the entire level, leading me to have to move through by looking at the floor or wall, lol...so I needed to space them out so my game would stop crying.

I had already crafted the pieces for the construction project, so I just had to haul the pieces and add three levels to that part of my sanctuary. And after that I had the excitement of moving 256 glow pets and modded tiny dragons one at a time from floors three and four up to the seventh floor, leaving only a few on the main levels and pausing twice for imprinting on the adolescent featherlights.

And then I celebrated having more storage by what else? Going to hoard more shoulder pets, of course. I found five tiny dragons and three featherlights to bring home.

But as I was teleporting back with one of those tiny dragons, Ark happened. It seemed there had been a pack of ravagers straining against the wall of the barn, and the half second it took for my building to render after teleporting in allowed said ravagers into the building, inciting chaos.

A few dozen sheep, ponies and unicorns went ballistic, the new tiny dragons leapt into action, two wyverns and one of my modded drakes, the seeker level above the barn, and the tiny dragons and dimorphodons on the two levels above them...all trying to get the four ravagers that had gotten in.

Well, the ravagers died quickly, being ganged up on by that many animals and given that even the sheep get levels in melee. 

And then I spent nearly an hour putting everyone back in their proper positions and neat rows.

The featherlight babies are at 96% mature, and when they’re done, I’m going to breed my mutated male again and keep trying to expand that line. I’ll hatch four eggs again...Here’s hoping to get that second mutation this time, as the current four struck out... and I’m going to fire up the S+ mutator and breed my wyverns again, and get two or three new babies to raise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I use a Griffin to start with, but after I tame my first Quetz, I use that one to tame all the rest. I find it easiest to stand on the platform saddle.  Stupid Griffin wings/head keep getting in the way.

Fair enough, ive gotten used to griffin taming now and i hate chasing quetz with a quetz so it works for me :P Good luck on that easter giga!! Is it down by lake vogues? (Near Green ob lake) if so, that small river leading to it is great with 2 dino gates for a giga trap! Tamed many there on my last server!

• Thanks 1

oh well, you know, been prepaired to take down our first giga for a few days now, had all our mats, had the 49 quetz kibble ready, got a 145 male giga, downed him in our dino gate trap... narc him up for 2 hours for my whole party.. not just one of us.. but all 4 of us, timed out... next to our downed prize.. we log back in to find G, our friend carrying to kibble, has glitched into a rock in the terrain upon rejoining the server.. as we all try and take pot shots to knock him out or pick him... we all time out... again... for a second time...

surely right, when we all get in.. G will be unstuck from this death trap terrain and we can commence our journey... right?

negative. as i log on a 204 fire dragon kills me, 2 teras, our argy and the rest of my tribe before they could re log, also killed the downed giga and took everything..
trolled at the worst possible time and unable to defend... i love this game.

• Sad 5
  • Facepalm 1

Decided to use today as a restock day. Started out gathering some oil on the icebergs because we were getting low on gas. While we were in the snow biome we swung by blue obelisk and did a metal/obsidian/crystal run and while there picked up the ingots, crystal and obsidian from the last run.

After that we headed over to aberration to get rare flowers since our mochops refuses to for some reason. My wife and I hopped on our ankys and start gathering. It almost ended badly. My wife stayed near the base while I went deeper into the biolume. Then a lone ravager comes out of the darkness. My anky kills it no problem and I had a mc saddle so was pretty tanky. Next 2 Arthros attack me. One dies right away, the 2nd puts up a fight but goes down. I decide to start heading back and 2 more high level arthros attack. I down them but I start to get low on hp. Next 3 high lvl ravagers appear. At this point I tell my wife to head back and grab a drake to help me. I down the ravagers with about 2k hp to spare. I now make a beeline to our front gate which is guarded by 4 or 5 turrets and a few plant x. As im running a few boas and a ravager drop on me and start chomping me, i keep running and finally get into turret range with about 500 hp left and the turrets drop everything in seconds. Plop the anky in the base, put all the berries in the trough and breath for a minute while all the dinos eat, lol

We then grab our s+ beehive and rare flowers and jump back over to the island. Seems like every trip to aberration ends in near disaster, lol. Next time im taking muscle with me.

To finish the day we go on a meat run with the bears and tame a male carno while we were out. Then right before logging I craft 350 tranq arrows to add to our stockpile.

• Like 3

Been a while since I updated - don't think I added anything for our Scorched adventures after Aberration (wrong order I know) but we're now over on a new Ragnarok map.

Not my usual game style on this one. I'm in no rush to build up and as such although we're a small tribe of 3 this time I decided to go it alone to start off with.  Leaving my tribe members to start off on their own whilst I took a more leisurely approach to the map.  I'm 3 days in and still haven't got walls or a ceiling on my house but ended up settling in a nice looking cave in the north of the map - which I later learned to be called Pirate Cave.

Last night was my first night trying to tame anything and it was absolutely mental. I had planned on taming an argy and ended up chasing down .. and running from a level 130 REX instead.  No traps and only a crossbow with tranq arrows the chase was long and exciting - sooo many places on ragnarok where you can get a decent vantage point and shoot from above but I found the AI much improved with the REX tracking around rocks and up hills to get at me.  Luckily it is easily distracted so I kept running between other lesser animals which would catch it's attention whilst I got away, re-loaded and re-positioned.

No kibble so tamed over a number of hours using what meat I could kill and harvest on the beach nearby - managing to get a couple of bits of prime here and there from Argentavis but mainly just normal raw meat.

It was an experience doing it solo and without my typical boat trap... or any trap for that matter. Just need to catch myself a berry gatherer now as I have ALL the meat I could possibly need to spoil and craft into narcotics.

• Like 6