Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

We have been busy the last few days, got our biolum base 75% complete. The plan is to build a tempory base to keep us and our dinos safe while be build something more elaborate involving cliff platforms. Right now we just have a 16x11x4 barn, walls are up and we should have a ceiling by tomorrow. I also ran metal pipes to it so we can get crops and plant z going.

Then the fun of moving everyone down to it will happen this weekend, but luckily we dont have a ton of dinos yet so it shouldnt be too bad. After the barn is finished our first priorities are taming an anklo and a pair of megalosaurs before we start work on the permanent base

• Like 2

After someone kited a Giga into the lava Cave and killed my 3 rexes at the entrance I had dont done much caving recently - that changed over the Christmas period.

I took a rex purely levelled in Stam (5k), HP (10k) and then a little melee (450) and have run the cave about 10 times even when the Christmas event has been running. I have got some good loot and some poor loot that I didnt even think would exist in the red crates. Im hoping for a rex bp but no luck as yet. A few of the drops from memory so far are: Asc Bary Saddle BP, 252% Asc Crossbow BP, Asc lance BP, Asc Araneo Saddle BP, an assortment of Asc ghillie armours and Asc Bronto Saddle BP. Quite a few MC Shotgun BPs and a few other MC saddles including one I will keep for myself - Asc Thyla saddle.

I raised a few Pteras and a Rex - nothing too major but the Ptera is now lvl 310 at birth with one small stat left to include. Aberration has been ok with 140 Carnos and Ravagers - shame I didnt put enough meat in the trough and I left our 230 ravager twins to die - tribemate wasnt happy with me for that.

So other than the constant game crashingdue to the D3D hung error - its been quite productive.

This week will be a daedon or a Yuti hunt - looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

Have not done anything today but I yesterday I got the cutest little abberent otter ever! Also I was the greatest navigator ever and got me and my friend un-Lost taming a roll-rat in the process. We also learned how little durability the climbing picks have the hard way, and accidentally tamed a trilobite with a fish basket. And last but not least we found out that the red mushrooms regrow!>:( as if they weren’t bad enough already!

• Like 1

Created a new base around the fertile area and deep lake north central and then spent hours moving over our tames from the base by the first lake out of the easiest portal area in a land train with me leading on a Spino and my friend trailing on his Spino to make sure we didn't lose anything on the journey.

Moved Paracer with glow pets on its back and had ravagers, raptors, carnos, ankylo and roll rat walking along with us.  It was interesting in parts due to the aggro down the river and through the swamp before walking up past the small stream to our new base but we all finally made it without any losses.

Tamed more ravers, collected from a few random drops and got some low level bp's for ghillie and simple weapons plus slightly better non-bp Pickaxes (Ramshackle).  Found an entrance to the surface, shooting a couple of anchor points and laying down 2 new zip lines to ascend on the Ravs.. instantly bursting into flame when we got to the top to jump back down realising its still day.  Waited for night and went back up, collected lots of oil and metal and a fair amount of element ore then got attacked by seekers - turned glow dogs off and destroyed seekers only for a very scary looking Reaper King to spawn next to us.. lights on! lights on! lights on!!.. lost just under half durability on my hazmat due to "acid fog" or something from the Reaper King as it died?

Started hunting down all "imprinting kibble" animals. Got Trikes, Stegs, Carbonemys, Ankylo, Raptor and Spino.. need to find Dimetrodon, Baryonx, Featherlight, Glowtail and Rock Drake although not sure kibbles can be made from all of them yet so may get away with what we have for now.

Another metal/oil run at the surface this evening to save up for industrial forge and grinder and look out for more crystal.

• Like 2

Today was short but productive, got our roof finished on the biolum barn, so this weekend we can start moving in.

I'm quickly starting to learn to not leave home without atleast a pair of ravagers in the biolum and I also started wearing full flak and carrying a sword and shield. Megalosaurs are fast, lol. Sucks getting your lone ravager grabbed.

After we finished the roof we went back to our fertile river base and saw a lvl 150 christmas scorp so we quickly tamed it before going to work.

So plans this weekend are to move into the new base, tame an anky or 2 and a pair of megalosaurs. Then get crops and plant z going.

It's been Megalo madness the past few days. I set off with the sole intention of taming up a high level Megalo, all the gear I needed to build a taming pen on the fly, and loaded up with tranqs, extra crossbows, extra hazard suits everything I'd need, hopped on the Drake and into the big blue I went.

On the way down I spotted a lvl 100 just standing by some rocks at the top of the road down. Thought briefly about taking him but surely there would be better out there so I left him be. Down I went, I explored every inch of the biolum, all the way through the crystalline swamps to the very edge of the Spine. I scouted many beautiful potential base locations, and killed many, many low level Megalos, the highest I could find was a 95. A solid four hours I spent searching, when finally at almost the deepest part of the Overlook I found a 140 male. Huzzah! Quickly I set out the pillars, and excitedly fired off a shot from Drake back to get his attention and into the pen... And I'm sure you've already spotted the flaw in the masterplan, I used pillars, and Mr Megalo simply waltzed straight through the gap. Cursing myself for such noobishness, I decided that screw it, I was taming this bloody thing even if Ziggy the Drake had to tank it forever. And so I shot and shot and shot, and Ziggy tanked like a champ down to almost quarter health, until it started to run and I gave chase but the downside of course on Drakes you can't see straight ahead with a weapon out, and so it was a hopeless chase of stop, turn, fire, miss, until eventually it just ran straight off the edge and disappeared down into the red gloom where I wasn't even going to attempt to follow.

Disgusted I picked up my pillars and sloped off home, more low level Megalos taunting me as I passed. Eventually I found my way out and on the road back to the green I checked to see if the level 100 was still there. It was, not only still there, but suspiciously in exactly the same spot as where it was earlier. I watched it for a few minutes and sure enough it was turning on the spot but not moving an inch. Don't tell me it's stuck? I fired an arrow at it and it turned face me but couldn't take a single step. I ko'd it without it moving at all. Bloody hell. A nearby sheep slaughtered, and stuffed full of mutton I waited until it was nearly done, then stuck a saddle and some armour on it, laid down a sleeping bag and took Ziggy back home, the tribe log showed it tamed by the time I got back so it was a simple case of fast travelling to the bag and mounting up for a trot home. Straight off the bat it had 5k plus health and was hitting for 207 (for reference Ziggy hits for 222) and by the time I'd done a few runs up and down the river and called it a night, Wight as I called him was up to 10k health, 3,100 stam, and hitting for 221. Not too shabby for a 'low' level tame.

Wight had just wet my appetite though, and when bringing him home I ran into someone proudly showing off their bred Megalo, I had to get a better one and/or find a mate of equal level or higher.

So next day back out on Ziggy I went. This time with foundations and doorframes to make a proper pen. After only a short while I found a 120. Another male unfortunately, but surely an upgrade on Wight. Quick slapped together the pen, fired a shot to get his attention, and in he came, I got through just by the skin of my teeth, luckily he used a regular attack instead of a grab otherwise I'd have been screwed. As it was I got him closed in and knocked down, and glided away to get some mutton. When I got back and fed him up he was about 50% tamed when I noticed that his TE was at 94% Dammit. i must have put one arrow too many into him. With the rates of the server I'm on this translated in the end to a loss of 5 levels overall. Disappointing but not the end of the world, but disappointing pretty much sums up Goblin. Before levelling he had less health and a lower melee than Wight started with, more weight, but it took considerable levelling to to get him up to being the same as Wight in the important stats despite being a much higher level. Shame.

Still needing a female though, so back I went into the deep blue. For no particular reason I decide to start from the back and work my way forward, so zipped over the majority of the swamps in one swoop, and after a brief battle with the Nameless because I'd forgotten to turn on my pug, I got distracted by a beautiful base that one of the admins has built for roleplaying purposes, complete with a glowing trail of Tek lights, which intrigued I followed, it didn't lead anywhere, but at the end, standing in the undergrowth and almost overlooked, a 140 Mega, male again but Idc, praise the great Crab god! Same as for Goblin I built the pen and fired the shot to get him in, but he's a canny one and he went around the side. Crap. I tried dozens of times with Ziggy to get him inside but everytime he ended up on the outside chewing on the doorframes. In the end I figured if he's happy doing that I may as well just start shooting. Every now and again he'd turn and attack Ziggy instead, so a quick run to again try and get him in the pen didn't work but got him attacking the walls again. When it came time to run my heart sank a bit, I thought here we go again, but no, the dummy went straight into a rock and stayed there, down he finally went and with great relief I rebuilt the pen around him and went off to find a sheep. Took absolutely ages, had to end up going into the Portal area to finally find one, but it did mean that when I finally got back it was almost an instant feed and stand up. Got him saddled and began the walk back home with him following Ziggy. We had to cross quite a large body of water and although the Drake swam across with no bother, he was going so slow I could only watch in horror as a jellyfish zoned in on him, then an eel swooped in, and a Bary too. No Ark! Don't do this to me, the eel slowed him, the jelly shocked him, I rode to the rescue and caught the aggro of the Bary, luckily a low level that Ziggy dispatched nice and quickly. The jelly shocked me though and dismounted me into the mix and just as I was beginning to panic the Mega said 'nope, not today!' Killed the jelly before it could shock again, killed the eel whilst it was attacking, and so I was able to hop back onto Ziggy and off we went on our merry way, back to base without further incident. 

Even without levelling he's impressive. Hits for 221, over 6k health, and 1,500 stam. I didn't level him for long but got him up to 13k health, 4k stam, and hitting for over 240, very happy with him.

Away from the Megalo hi-jinks, I made my first venture onto the surface with Ziggy. Didn't go far at all as I wasn't sure when day would hit and I was scared of losing my way back to the entrance. Took on a couple of Reapers, scary, but only level 5's so dealt with easily enough. Couldn't see any drops so mined a little bit of element ore and legged it while my nerves were still just about intact.

Edited by Kraken

overcompensated, over the last 2 days I have gotten -an industrial forge -3 smithies -4 fabricators -an industrial forge -an industrial grill -3 chem benches -and a partrich in a pear tree for me and my tribe members base

Today was moving day. Got all of our stuff and most of the dinos moved. We will get the rest of the dinos when we have something that can carry them. Learned a valuable lesson...dont leave home without a charge pet when living in the biolum. Had bulbdogs to pickup at our old base so we leave our new base without any. Get almost out of the biolum and one of our ravagers gets stuck...then we get swarmed by nameless. Must have killed 100 by the time we were able to gtfo, lol. Needless to say we are waiting to get a megalosaur to carry the rest back, lol.

Tonights plans are to build a taming pen and tame an anklo, pair of megalos, better doed and some shinehorns

What turned out to be a horrible Rock Drake attempt turned around and resulted in :

• Level 160 Egg
  • Level 145 Egg
  • Level 90 Egg
  • Level 50 Egg
  • Level 25 Egg
  • 130+ female featherlight
  • 65+ male featherlight
  • 30 red crystals
  • Journeyman climbing picks blueprint

So all in all we walked away with some really nice stuff :D

Pretty productive night. Got our taming pen built, then tamed a lvl 127 anklo. Couldnt find a megalosaur worth taming though but we did tame a shinehorn and a couple more dung beetles.

After we tamed the anklo my brother mentioned an alpha crab was near his base so we decide to pay him a visit (at the fertile river near our old base) with our pack of 4 100% imprinted ravagers. As we made our way there my brother said a 225 sarco was getting pretty close to the doed he was taming...but rather then kill it we knocked it out to tame. As it was starving we quickly took out the alpha crab and gathered enough prime for the sarco and parked it at our old base for the night. Our plan is to take it to the fertile lake for pearl diving until we get an angler.

After the sarco we headed back to our base and finished the night by gathering the mats to make each of us hazmat suits, which were pretty expensive at our stage in the game. We had everything but crystal and poly, but poly was super easy because biolum ponds always have a few crabs to kill...but it took us an hour or so to get the crystal, but now my wife and i both have suits.

Our main goal tomorrow is to tame a pair of 150+ megalosaurs, and If theres time a spino or 2 as well. I'd also like to get some turrets up on our roof, had some stray rock drakes walking across it today, but thats not top priority. Our ravagers make short work of the but I cant say the same about our gathering dinos, lol

I've had a tough day or week on ark. Had to kick 50% of the tribe and start basically from scratch. It' hard being a TL anyone relate ? The balance of being friendly and nice with the contrast of being a c*** takes its toll on me. I don' want to fall out with people but man humans are hard work then... there is ark players lol but the 4 bases are up and running with the turret limit pushed to the max. Let' see if it holds up.

Finally lucked out and found myself a 145 female Megalo, so immediately bred her up with Fungus and got myself a nice 222 male baby, Orc, who kicks all kinds of butt.

Also nabbed a 135 male Anky, who I bred up with my female, not hatched it yet, but having a spare good Anky and a back up means that I can start to make my base in the Biolum. After much umming and ahhing, I finally settled on a location somewhere in the middle, up high at the end of one the stone bridges. It has everything I required in a location, a plant Z, a charge station, a gas node (actually 12 gas nodes!) access to lots of metal and crystal, and looks pretty as it has a large collection of giant glowy crystals. So far it's just a mining outpost, made a 6x4 shed to store an Anky, Roll Rat, Megalo and Doed with a load of forges and crafting stations. Looking to get an Industrial Forge up and running in the next day or so, and do constant metal and crystal grinding runs until I can start building in earnest.

Finally had to bite the bullet and venture into the red. With 12 gas nodes to plug I needed those red crystals, so took the Drake down for a very quick jaunt, only troubled by a single Purlovia. I really do need to man up and head down there properly though!

Life got in the way today. Hatched two 175 Ice Wyverns and 1 lightning Wyvern. Girlfriend broke down a few miles from home about 45 minutes before I needed to feed. Rushed out to help, got her car patched up, followed her home to make sure her car was okay.

I ran inside logged on and.... All three starved to death probably ten minutes before I got there....

My timer was off a bit too, regardless, a moment of silence for those three Wyverns please.

Well I posted earlier about taming a Therizinosaurus but when I got home it ended up gone. But, as luck would have it I found a level 120 running around my base and knocked it out, tamed it up without any interruptions and now have a really great harvester! Finally tamed my first rex as well, level 145 kibble tamed female, so excited! Ended the day making another 20 auto turrets for the base and getting all my other turrets filled to max. Looking forward to getting home tonight and finding a male rex with stats I like. Probably take a while but it will be worth it to finally get my breeding line set up for the boss fights. Wish me luck!

Started playing for the first time in about 5 months, Hopped onto one of the new abberation servers, Already doing pretty well, gathered a decent stockpile of metal and other materials (Thank you 3x). A stranger kindly gave me and my friend a decent ravager and we've since tamed another. not bad for a days work.

• Like 1

Not much time to write so Ill make it short. Lost our christmas iguanodon to a megalosaur while gathering mushrooms but I managed to take it out with a sword as revenge...the blue shield I found came in handy big time. Then we tamed a 187 male megalosaur, followed by a 217 male anklo and finally a 147 female megalosaur as well as several dung beetles and a few shinehorns.

Finished the day by visiting fertile lake for enough pearls to make a second fridge to hold our eggs

Our big plan for this week is to build a spino sized taming pen near the river and tame a couple of spinos for pearl diving...and eventually visiting the red zone

• Like 1

Currently raising my fresh 150 Lightning Wyvern Egg on my dedicated Ragnarok server :) Also spawned in Rock Drakes as a New Year's gift for each of the members, so as they hop on we'll play around with those some. Other plans include getting an Ankylo and a Doed while the baby wyvern is growing

• Like 1

Well we found and tamed up a level 140 female Megalo to go with our 140 male - gutted to find that the un-ridden mega melee is so low it's pointless - less than 50/hit when mounted it does 400+ without imprint. We also found and tamed up a male level 140 Spino to mate with our 140 girl.

Spent some time mining the north east surface cave to stock up on metal to start building air-con units and make up a breeding pen.  So far we have made up 30 air-con units to make up 2 digital clock style 0's with space to do another 0 so we have 3 underfloor ready for some egg hatches.

My final act of 2017 was to KO a level 80 female Ankylo so we can start getting imprint kibble eggs - they really do need to provide a better alternative to unavailable kibbles - hours waiting and guarding this thing it tamed out at 23:58 just before the new year then I spent 25 minutes or so trying to get it safely back home before logging.

Tonight I want to try and get a pair of mated Baryonx then it's just Featherlight (which you can't currently kibble) and Drakes needed for the imprint kibble tames.

Today on Aberration: I rang in the New Year!

- I finally finished my formal home, and have tons of space to house my critters.

- Hatched my first rock drake; a lovely girl I named Phaidra.

- Found a river full of otters (!!!) and brought home every single one I saw, to the tune of six new furry friends. I finally cracked the code...I expected them to be on the shore, but nope. Bottom of the riverbed. I’m so excited.

- And rewarded myself for another successful mega-build by spawning in ten dimorphodons to start breeding with, because it’s just not home without dimorphodons. I spawned them until I had ten with nice colors, and now there are several dozen wild dimorphodons just loose on the map.

I’m super excited for 2018 at the Aberration Sanctuary. ?

• Like 1

Tamed a 140 mammoth. Got her home and crash to the dashboard... Finished feeding and took my Griffin over to a drop. Nothing good in it and crash to the dashboard... 

Fly to a new area I'm thinking about building a base at, get halfway there and crash to the dashboard... Log back in, get my Griffin to land, continue flight to possible new base location. 

Explore location, head back home to build some stuff and crash to the dashboard... 

Rage quit after I logged back in to get my body inside my base. 

Have now made my first couple of forays down to the Drake nests which was nerve racking at first but not too bad once I sussed out the proper route. Unfortunately it was to not much avail. My first trip not a single egg was to be found, second trip I managed to find a lvl 20 egg and ran like hell, third trip there was again a lvl 20 in the same nest as the first which I left and explored a bit deeper, found a 55 which did the old Wyvern egg thing of despawning when I picked it up. What's most annoying is that according to my Bulbdog the area is littered with high levels, but none of them seem to be creating eggs.

Other than that plenty of metal and crystal farming, I think my biolum base is going to be a metal and glass affair.

Bred up the Megalos again and failed once more with Spino breeding. I have one bred Spino who I keep mating with its mother. First time I ate the egg instead of dropping it, second time a Ravager dropped into my base and attacked stuff causing the baby to run away out of range of the trough and starved, and with this one I forgot to activate the S+ Nanny and only realised a second before it perished. That one was the most annoying as it had an awesome orange mutation and all my Spinos are boring green.

Bred up the Megalos and Spinos again, got 224 babies with both and the Spino finally survived, huzzah!

Another trip down to the Drakes and again only a sole lvl 20 egg to show for it. I think it's because people are grabbing eggs then running and we haven't had a dino wipe for a while so I may take a Spino down there and murder everything to try and force some spawns.

Hunting for Basilisks on and off and just not finding any, and the odd ones that I do find are crappy low levels. How I wish I could have an S+ Tek Transmitter :-(