So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Not really played in a couple of weeks so decided to pop on tonight to chill out a bit. Turns out I’ve got some new players on my server which is nice, my second in command had to do a bit of laying down the law in my absence since they apparently had a bit of an attitude problem when they first joined but they seem to have settled down now and seem decent enough. Decided to do a bit of an oceanic killing spree so took my Liop out, and after a bit found a nice white 145 female Angler and decided to tame her. Grabbed her and went back to my cave and when she was taming up finished the building work on my Watermill/Windmill building. It’s alright, not amazing but it’ll do. Went back out on the Liop and ran into a 145 Dunky. Yes please! Nipped back home and jumped on the Squid and brought him back to the cave to ko. That done I’d decided that I’d had enough of the water for now and pulled on the furs to take the Thyla out for a bit of levelling on the glacier. Ran straight into a 150 Rhino. I ummed and ahhed over this for a bit, because I’m really trying not to tame things I don’t need or use, but in the end thought sod it, an easy tame and I have loads of Terrorbird eggs. Ran back home to grab the Quetz and dropped him into the pen for an easy ko. The Dunk tamed up so pulled the Scuba back on and took him up the coast to Viking Bay for a wee bit of gathering cum levelling. Found a gorgeous cave in the process, practically right next to the one where I store my big water dinos, but this one has air, loads of crystal and metal and some awesome giant mushrooms. Very cool place and no one else on the server seems to like the water so I have things like this all to myself. I might just build a bit of a base down there for funsies. After that just took the Argent that I tamed last time I was on out for a bit of a fly and found a 150 Moschops, so finished off my session by taming him up.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:37 AM, DairyFarmer said:

Well I logged in and finished my wood house, and was putting up a perimeter fence when I was charged by a carno and two terror birds, I managed to kill them all by sitting in my base and stabbing through the open door. I got like 4 levels off of it so now I’m level 19 :) 

Nice job, and good thinking to use the base as a shield!

PS4 - Ragnarok - Single Player

I played over 30 hours since Friday, YEP, I just binged ARK, and said the heck with the real world this weekend! So I'm not going to remember everything, or type up another novel about everything I did.

So today you just get the Made for Millenials with ADD version.

Tamed 140 Male Anky to go with female from last week.

Tamed 135 Female Rex, and saw a 135 male while bring her back to base. So I will go back tonight for him. 

Tamed 2 more Basils, including a level 85 Female. (Highest I've seen on the map yet)

Tamed a 140 Kentro female. Took forever, and so many mejo berries! Thank goodness I had tamed 2 high level Trikes the day before and was able to harvest with them.

Tried and failed AGAIN 3 more times to tame some Plesios (level 135)  I never had this trouble on the Island or Center maps ..... not sure why I keep failing on Rag. :Jerbmad:

I also tried to tame a couple Mosas, but both times my Sharks/Basils in my swimming party Agro'd it before I could get them hidden away, and so I had to kill it instead. Sucks because one was a level 95 Mosa, which would have been nice to have!

I tamed up and bred up over 10 turtles all level 130 or higher. They keep spawning right next to my base. Managed to get a Cyan Shell, as well as a White Body color mutations from hatching less than 40 eggs. But I am building a Turtle army, in preparation for taming my first ever Squid soon (I hope)

I spent a large portion of time Friday/Saturday and Sunday searching them map for Ovis and Otters. No luck, not a single sighting! :(  However while over in the large swamp biome in the south, I decided to tame a level 145 Dimorph. Bola'd, tranq and tamed!  Fly a short distance and see a female 140, so I bola and tranq her as well. But before I can put prime meat in her. A pack of 5 Dimorphs start attacking. Quickly killing me and my fresh Dimorph tame! Luckily my Quetz was on passive, and they just seemed to ignore her. But they destroyed my bed on the Quetz platform, so I had to fly all the way back from my main base hoping that they would not kill the Quetz.  Made it back to her, and got the heck out of dodge.

On the way home, I came across a level 140 Bayonyx. picked it up to fly home, but it immediately started chomping on my Quetz, and was doing well over 100 damage each bite! I finally  realized that the health of my Quetz was dropping to fast, and I did not want to risk losing her, so I dropped the Bary in the sea.

Now for the REAL highlights of my weekend. (I sure hope I am not including stuff from last week, as I played so much lately, it is all running together in my mind)

Went searching for a Griffin after building a taming trap. the very first Griffin I set eyes on is a 140!  After failing 3-4 times to get it to enter the pen, I finally succeeded, and tamed up "Holy Hell" the Griffin.  As I took him/it out to level up, I spot a second griffin. Level 90. So I kite that back to the taming trap, and now I have 2! (but the level 90 put all his levels into food and weight, and is really squishy. Say hello to "Helldorado" the Griffin. He will be my mule Griffin, while Holy Hell will be the attack Griffin.

After breeding her first a few times  over the last week, I finally took my best Ptera out to try and steal a Wyvern egg.  I made a small base about 1/2 between my main base, and the Wyvern scar. I then housed a 2nd ptera and my battle Griffin in the small stone building, along with a set of tools/weapons.

Finally "Constance" the Ptera and I took to the air and approached the Scar from the End closest to the snow. I had never been in this scar before, so we flew high, trying to locate nest. Finally I see a nest, and as we dive it, it is a blue Lightening egg. I grab the egg, without even lookign at the level, and we take off. WE get up and out of the scar, and I am flying back low to the ground. At this point I take a second to look behind me. BIG MISTAKE, we get hammered by a Lightening Wyvern. Then we catch on fire, and I try dodging and weaving, but for some reason my Ptera stops flying fast, even thought stamina and weight were not the issue (upon more gameplay, it appears that my PS4 controller is wearing out, and sometimes doesn't engage full speed)

Soon I die, killed by a level 20 Poison Wyvern. Damn! Like a total Dilo, I forgot to remove all of my tools and weapons before we attempted the egg stealing so I could lose all of my JM/MC & ASC gear.

I spawn back at the 1/2 way base, and grab Holy Hell the Griffin, and off we go. Finally I see the body beacon, and as I get closer I see the Poison Wyvern flying around the body. I engage it and soon kill it. I then fly done and grab everything from my body. Being a moron, I decide now is the time to check my gear, and I am surprised to see I still have the Lightening egg, and it is a level 165!!!!! And almost as if on cue, I am engulfed in Lightening.  A new battles commences, and I realized after a few moments, that I am overly confident in this Griffin. Soon he is down low on health, so I dive and hide, and pump food into him as fast as possible. within seconds the Wyvern finds us, and we are back at it. I am getting seriously worried now, and finally, just as I was deciding I have to escape, the Wyvern drops. IT was the level 165 momma, and she was pissed. I fly down to grab her Talon, and then go grab the Poison talon. It is at this point that I notice hit markers showing up in the near distance. I'm amazed to see it is Constance the Ptera! I was sure she had been killed when I did, so I swoop down to grab her, and LITERALLY as I am whistling follow me, I get her death message. I was just meters from her when it happened. Holy Hell destroys the Mantis that killed her, and I get off to grab her JM saddle.

At this point Holy Hell the Griffin figures it would be a great time to fly around me, just outside of jumping range, so I cannot get back on him.  I'm freaking out, as Mantis, Centipedes and other terrors are closing in on me!  Finally he grab him, and we fly home and call it a night!

Next day, knowing I will need Wyvern Milk, I scout out the other end of the scar near the highlands. I build a small hidden base, and after striking out finding Ovis, I decide to temp fate and dive into this end of scar to a quick looksie. I am on my 2nd best Ptera, and he is wearing the JM saddle now. I also am in full flak Armor, and have wisely left all tools and weapons hidden back at the Hillsides base.

So we dive into the scar, and there are zero Wyverns anywhere! I scout around a bit, and finally see a nest. I drop in, grab the red egg, and we start flying out. BAM! We are engulfed in Fire! I dodge and weave as best I can, including doing a 360 around a land column in scar. But the Dragon is still on us. Soon I am approaching a land bridge over the scar, so I fly under it, with the Wyvern on my butt. I then immediately do a 180 over the top of the land bridge and drop back down into the scar, barrel rolling as much as possible. After a short distance, I exit the scar, and start beelining for the ocean. I am flying right above ground, and going into between any tree or obstacle I can find, hoping to slow down the Wyvern. WHOOSH, we are on fire again, and my heart is beating loud, as I am near death. My Ptera is not doing much better, and since I leveled up his health more than Stamina this time, he is needing a rest.

Like a gift from the ARK gods, 3 Brontos render into my immediate vision, and I swoop down, and land/hide in the middle of them. Watching the Stamina bar, the Fire Wyvern attacks and I can see fire all around me, but the Brontos seemed to have protected us. At this point, a bronto tail sends us flying a bit into the open, so we take to the air again, and continue trying to put as much distance between us and the Wyvern. I get to the coast, hug the cliffs and and soon we are out of render distance. I park the Ptera in a tiny little rock over hang, and force feed him and myself, trying to heal us quickly, and get more stamina. Not wanting to stick around too long, we continue all the way to main base. Only then, do I look at the egg we stole. I nearly fell over... a Level 185 Fire Wyvern!!!!!   Are you freaking kidding me? I try to get Wyvern eggs, and the very first 2 I see and steal are a 165 Lightening and a 185 Fire!  Holy crap, I am thrilled.

Of course, now the really challenge begins of collecting Milk. So I spent the rest of the weekend mostly grinding our and building a huge new building to raise the Wyverns and also to build the resources I will need to make a Wyvern trap.  I also looked at YouTube and saw many interesting version of traps that vary from what I had thought of. I really like the ones with the sloping roofs/ramps, and I think I will try to make one of those. 

After breeding and taming up some more animals, I was shocked to see I am already at 134 tames. That number was reduced, when after trying and failing for a week, I just could not get my beached Shark back into the water. (RIP - Jaws).  I then increased that number when I hatched and kept 4 Argy babies. Two of them (from different parents) were born with hot pink feet! What are the odds? 

Finally I called it a weekend. But I have a lot in the near future to do.

- Build Wyvern trap and get milk

-Hatch and raise Fire and Lightening Wyvern.

-Find and steal a Ice Wyvern egg

- Tame a bee, so  I can tame some Ovis, IF I ever find one.

- Find and tame an Otter

*** Unfortunately, My boss started off the week, with a huge rush project, that will require a couple of 12-14 hour days to get done by Wednesday. So unless I get this project done early, I don't think I will be playing for a while. :(

Edited by Aushegun

Not much today, mostly testing mod stuff, which led to a fun little argument with one of the new guys on the server,

’Why are you spawning Brontos?’

’Cos I need to check some things with them and I don’t have any.’

’Oh, I thought you were going to raid us.’

’No, I’m admin, I don’t PvP, I just haven’t got time to tame one proper and I need to double check some things.’

’Are you going to keep it?’

’No, once I’ve confirmed what I need to know I’ll destroy it.’

’Oh, free XP eh?’

’No, I’ll use destrymytarget on it, I won’t get any XP, if I was bothered about cheating myself XP I’d be a damn sight higher level than 88.’

’Ok then. Can I have the Bronto when you’re done with it then?’

’No.’

Other than that little tete a tete, I didn’t really do much other than tame a 145 Unicorn. I don’t really care for them myself but I wasn’t feeling generous enough to see if any one else wanted it, and didn’t have the heart to kill it like I normally do to Unicorns so I think I’ll gift it to my second in command.

• Like 1

Went out to farm wood, came back to a dude on his wyvern at my base.  I begged him not to wipe my little stone base, turns out he was really nice, gave me some stuff and we chatted in a party for about an hour.  He is in with the alpha tribe who keeps raiding me and he said he'll talk to them and get them to stop.  Meanwhile I built an addition to my base and started getting mats for a turret.

Had a nice weekend in Ark despite some server issues. 

Tames;

145 M Bronto- We've gotten into taming and breeding Bronto's on the new server. We are only berry taming them currently but if you find the right stats it is possible to hatch what you need for Thatch/Berry collecting right off the bat so you can put it's levels into speed and stamina. That'd be a beast and cut down on a lot of grind. 

140 F Anky- Added another Anky to the line. This one tamed out with 460 weight so is our current high. Luckily we have a male with our high current melee, 375, so we can breed her and  try to get that weight and melee together. 

145 F Anky- Had I think 32 points in HP pre-tame and finished with 6160 HP. Just wow. Maybe I'll try that boss line of Anky I always wanted to attempt on Legacy. She's a nice start. 

150 F Rex- May be the worse 150 Rex ever. Lol. I had been up for quite awhile and was just finishing up a few things around the base before logging when someone said they spotted her. I asked if he was going to tame her and he said no. I said I was on my way. There are 3 huge (ours included) bases in our general area so getting out is always a glitch fest. I froze on the Wyv and was stuck in air for about 5 minutes. The freeze finally cleared up and I got out of base and flew up and into this guys general area. He also has a big building but not much else but the guy on the hill above him has a big base. (common theme here). Just as I entered his area I dc'd. I was irked and feared that I would probably fall right into the Rex's waiting jaws but actually more feared for the Wyvern. I know if my Wyv would have gotten attacked the guy would have killed the Rex, most likely, but that would have sucked too. I logged back in and found myself actually back where I had initially froze coming out of our base area. I hopped back on the Wyv and finished flying to his area.

I parked the Wyv out of the way and headed to a high point but the Rex was in an awkward position so I got on even ground and the guy provided a tank with his Wyvern. I was tranquing her when he posted "No" in global. Apparently where she had gotten stuck she was being hit by a sabertooth and couldn't hit it back. I changed my focus to the saber and put a dart in it's hind side. I had rushed out of base so I only had the darts and rifle and the saber made a bee line for me. I ran up the hill towards my Wyv and the saber kept hitting me, my HP was dropping fast without armor and I rounded the corner and got on my Wyv with about 50 HP left (I have 500 HP). I killed the saber and flew down to re-position myself since the Rex had gotten free. I started starving at this point and with low HP asked for food. The guy flew to me and dropped some cooked meat. I ate all 22 pieces and we now set up for a better attempt. He provided tank and I just kept tranquing. He posted in global a few times to hurry up. Lol. Nothing I can do to make her drop faster. I had the best rifle we had to put her down (193 dmg). I appreciated the help but I could have gotten her down without him risking his dino's if he was that worried about it.

After 50+ darts she finally dropped. This was the same area where the stamina Rex got hit so I cleared the area of hyena's, sabers, argy's, and anything else that was living. I hopped off and checked her stats and immediately considered killing her and saving myself 33 kibble and 1 hour and 45 minutes. 32 pre-tame points in oxygen. How wasteful. You never know how the numbers may roll though so I decided to stick it out and tame her. I returned to base, made the kibble, armored up, grabbed food, and returned on the bear. I stayed far from the Rex, mostly, and just did an initial torpor and food check. I always let them starve down because I don't want to waste any kibble. I will kill or let wake up and knock out again (most of the time) rather than tame at less than perfect efficiency (as perfect as allowed). I approached once to drop 100 narcotics in it and then watched from afar until the timer was ready. Placed the kibble, checked to make sure efficiency was right and let her tame out. She had barely over 7000 HP, 317 melee, 1300 stamina. Nothing to breed into our line at all. She finished with 880 oxygen. So wasteful. The guy wanted to breed with her cause he liked the color so I left her in his care, as I was dog tired, and went back to base to log for the night. 

135 F Direbear- Was out hunting for Rex when I came across her. I tend to put down most things 130 or higher. I chased her around a bit and finally got her down. I think she had 28 points in melee pre-tame. Got a nice stat of 323 melee after tame. My tribe mate put down a 150 dire bear yesterday that tamed out with 3300 HP so we'll try to breed those two stat lines together but since both are females going to take a little bit of time and a little luck. 

150 M Rex- Tribe mate spotted this over at our secondary base. I was on a meat run on the other side of the map but made a bee line right for the base. By the time I got there he had already started tranquing it. It was bloody as I guess it had gotten into a battle with three Bronto's including a 145 and 130 which is why he went ahead and started tranquing it. He pulled it away from the Bronto's, got it stuck in a water area, and then used his Wyv to kill the Bronto's. It was already running when I showed up so I pulled tank/re-direction duties as he followed and tranqued. He put it down and I had our third tribe mate bring some spike walls over from the main base. I said I would sit on it since it was the last thing I'd do before logging. 32 points in HP pre-tame (7700) so we were excited as even an average stat roll would get us to 9900 and our top HP, currently. Once I placed the walls I ran the numbers. It only had 9 points in Oxygen which gave it fairly good stats across the board with 11 wasted (speed) points. I returned to base and made the kibble and grabbed the bear for a speedier return. Luckily the Rex was right outside our other base so I was able to run out to torpor it once and other than that I hung out in and around the base and did some work. Cleared a little metal, fast traveled to a bed to clear a little obsidian, came back and made some walls and other items we'll eventually use. When  the timer was ready I placed the kibble and waited anxiously. When it finished taming I was happy but a bit disappointed too. We got an average stat roll in HP. So we got the 9900 but a part of me wanted an above average roll to get over 10K (particularly over 10.7K HP which is current tops on our server unless someone is keeping something higher close to the vest). I left the bear at the other base so my tribe mate could mate them today and walked the Rex back and did a meat run in the process. He had alright tamed melee too at 332%. I had 10 levels to distribute when I got back to base so I dumped them all into HP and got it over 15K HP. My other tribe mate will mate him this morning (has mated him) with all of our current females so we'll cook those eggs down and hatch them this weekend and try to get that HP with some of our other stats. 

This morning one of my tribe mates dropped two more 150 Rex's. M and F, both white. None of their stats surpass what we currently have but he wants to get that color. We are probably out of kibble at this point (150 eggs down to 18 from four tames) so Rex taming is going to have to take a back seat for now. people aren't giving up there Scorpion kibble for anything so even if we drop one it'll be hard pressed to get kibble and at this point we need the top taming efficiency if we hope to improve our blood lines through wild stats. 

Raises (highlights)-

We hatched a bunch of Rex's. Killed a lot, kept a few. All the ones we kept had at least two of our current high stats when we raised them. Most had 8.5k HP, 2054 stamina, 920 weight, and 355 melee. A couple got the 366 melee. One got the 9300 HP. We had one rex hatch at 242 though (was current high). Had 8.5k HP, 920 weight, 2054 stamina, but got it's own melee mutation to take it up to 366. It was male too so we very excited about that as we have 2 females with the 9.3k HP. Sadly it did not make it due to a couple circumstances but ultimately my fault. Short story was when my tribe mate logged off I was out exploring and hunting and I forgot that it was still in baby stage. I was out for about 2 hours but my tribe mate had only put one row of raw meat (good for about an hour) into its inventory. We did this to conserve spoilage which was my suggestion when we first hatched it. My inattentiveness/unawareness cost us our future male breeder by about 5 minutes (9 minute timer on inventory bag when I showed up).

221 M Anky- After hatching approximately one million Anky's I finally got a double combo when the 6160 HP got together with the 440 weight. It was a male and we have two females with the 375 melee so I was happy for that as I have taken the Anky lineage under my direct care until we get all three stats together and 100% eggs. This was pre-460 weight tame as well. Edit: Checked on raises at lunch and he was done. 90% imprint was reached and his HP is up to 7720. What a monster. Re-edit. I read the HP wrong. It is 7270. Still pretty nice. 

240 M Anky- I got a bunch more luck with this one. I bred the 460 weight with our 375 melee male right after taming her and hatched the egg right away. It came out with both stats and is male. This is great as original 6160 HP belonged to a female. Once he's done raising I'll start working towards that combo. I'll also breed the new male Anky with our 375 melee females and 460 weight female. He finished up this morning so I'll breed him tonight. 

Server issues;

They are getting worse and duping may have come to our server now. For two days we had 5 and 6 rollbacks, respectively. it could just be the server is taxed as we regularly eclipse 70 people on at once during 2x events. I logged the appropriate report using the google doc and put the information as to how to do it in global 3 or 4 times to encourage everybody else to do the same. Wildcard did restart the server at one point which seemed to help out on one day. Collectively as a server we discussed taming some Golem's for the Ob's so we can place them over the Ob consoles when these issues arise preventing at least three of the major sources. We don't want to do that but we want our server to stay clean and not leak into the realm of legacy and if Wildcard is unable to fix this issue, we need to do what we have to, to try and prevent it or at least make it more difficult. We have enough people on this server from the days of legacy that are bitter and disappointed that they had to give up all they worked for and we are determined as a community not to let it happen again. 

Upcoming;

We'll do some raising but I think my main focus is going to be super grinding. I want to fill at least one vault full of every resource we'll use on a consistent basis. Ing, Poly, CP, Crystal, Sparkpowder, (silica pearls are done as we took the angler out and collected 16,000. We are actually using them as trade currency currently, as not many people seem interested in the ocean on this server), Stone, Thatch, Wood, Gas, Oil, Hide, Fiber, so on and so forth. We found some great area's and placed spawn points and extra gatherer's where we could to farm. I may still go out and look for that high female Megatherium I have not been able to locate. We also may go for a Theri as my tribe mate tamed three Megalosaurus' and we have enough eggs currently for a 150 Theri. Thyla's are also on the list. It's my long work week but that also means starting Saturday night it's my long break so the Arking shall be real. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kraken said:

Other than that little tete a tete, I didn’t really do much other than tame a 145 Unicorn. I don’t really care for them myself but I wasn’t feeling generous enough to see if any one else wanted it, and didn’t have the heart to kill it like I normally do to Unicorns so I think I’ll gift it to my second in command.

I have NEVER, EVER seen a unicorn. Do they not spawn on Single player?

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I have NEVER, EVER seen a unicorn. Do they not spawn on Single player?

They do. When they had the server's down when they first released ragnarok for PS4 I spawned into south zone 2 in single player and right there on the beach, a Unicorn. I grabbed some berries mounted it, got knocked off, then got booted into unconsciousness. Lol. When I came to it was gone. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Haha 1

so last night I FINALLY found some Ovis on Ragnarok!   A group of 8 of them all tight together. I was of course on my Griffin which CANNOT pick them up :Jerbmad:

So I was sitting on the ground thinking about building a pen to keep them in, until I came back with an Argy or Quetz.

Then suddenly I heard loud footsteps. Why hello Mrs. Giga Level 95. How are you?  Care for some appetizers? Here eat the only Ovis I have ever freaking found on Rag. I hate you Mrs. Giga. You cruel wench!

• Haha 1

Hello all,

Had people farm wood and stone around my house. It will never respawn because of the way foundations and ceilings stop respawning. With the closest base more than far away, I got irritated. So I made some scuba gear I went for silica pearls. It was so much fun so I forgot about the nice trees I had around my house.

Then I died. Took a ptera and picked up my bag and Argent. On the way back the ptera lost stamina and got stuck close to ground so I jumped off and died again. At that time I noticed a Giga and a Titan on each side of the birds and body. So I got my rex out and went for my birds. Once there the Giga went up to the ptera and killed it. I thought fine its just one of those days. My argentavis was high up following the now dead ptera so it was fine. Getting to the now two bags that are left the giga started to go for the rex but got distracted as I walked away. Finally at the bag of my dead body I see it and just as I open it, the timer runs out and the bag despawns. 100 silica, scuba and fur gear gone. Back at base with rex and argent I logged out.

Just laughing that this was one of these ARK days. Hoping I get a 10 cuddle imprints in row next time I log in. /Ariana

Update : it was a walk imprint. Tomorrow I hatch two more rex eggs.

Edited by ArianaGaming
  • Sad 2

So yesterday at lunch I watched a video about a silica pearl cave on Rag. So last night, I figured I would try it out. I took my top Shark and Basil. I had to clear our some lobsters near the entrance of the cave, and then I explored the cave for about 30 minutes. Then on my return, I went back over to clear out more lobsters.  

In the end I collected over 500 Oil, 200 Black Pearl, and 6000 silca pearls!!!!! :P  

Then I jumped on my top weight Quetz, and made a metal run. I then went out on a Crystal and Obsidian run. While doing that, a Quetz spawned right by me. It was a level 140 Female! Since I was on my 150 pre-tame Male, I knew I had to get this female (even though I already had 3 females back at base - 2 tames, and one hatched)

So I fly back to base, and grab an empty Quetz, and park an emergency Argy on the platform. Load up on tranqs, and grab my 22 remaining shock darts. Off I go looking for the female, and I finally find her. I begin tranqing, and she of course flies directly into the murder snow. A couple of time I let her escape to warmer areas, but eventually she got lodged up against the invisible wall in the murder snow area. I dropped her right there, surrounded her with spike walls, and then jumped on my Argy to kill off any threats, and to gather prime meat. While doing this, I realized that my health was dropping too fast. So I flew over to the nearby woods to gather the resources to make some fires. While on the ground cutting down a tree, I hear a whoshing noise, and I look up to see my first ever Ice Wyvern circling back to attack me. I jump on the Argy (Thank god I had brought "Screamer" my battle Argy!) and we take on the Wyvern.  It was a good battle, and we finally killed it. That is when I noticed I was down to less than 100HP. I quickly landed, threw down the fireplaces and began eating the 5 Quetz eggs that I had mistakenly left in my inventory from earlier. LIFESAVERS! By now the fires had slowed my freezing, and I loaded them with raw meat to cook. I checked, and I got all the way down to 46HP! 

Tamed her up and flew straight home!

• Like 2

Haven't really done much the last few days, mostly gathering, and bred my hyenas more. I now have a pack of 7 all with JM meatpacks and all lvl 150+. Nastly little guys, went out on foot with them and the can take on just about, rex, brontos...they just melt. Only issue is they dont seem to eat larger corpses for some reason

This weekend we plan on taking a trip to the ice cave to kill ice worms for their horns to tame mantis. Our other big plan is to try to tame a rock golem. We have our paracer set up with an ascendent platform saddle with a cannon and surrounded the paracer with metal walls and i also plan on adding a generator and ac to keep us cool. 

Almost forgot, we didnt have a lot of time this morning so we decided to go on a meat run after hitting the ice cave loot crates (got an ascendent dunklo saddle, blue dire bear saddle bp, and MC sloth saddle bp...so a great run). On our way back, i notice a 150 albino male rex near our base. We decide to knock it out as we are still looking for one with good xp. Get it in the taming pen, knock it out...and jackpot, 8800 HP...35 points. I throw kibble in it and head to work. Ill find out at lunch how it was post tame but I think ill be doing another rex breeding session this weekend :). 

Update: Rex had 10560 hp, 1680 stam, and 290 melee post tame, not a bad rex at all

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

So to continue from my post earlier today. 

I get home with the new Queen Quetz, and park her in the yard with the other Quetz, Argies, Griffins and Pteras (and a lone Pelagornis)

I then decide to take my Mammoth "Mountain Man" out to gather wood.  It is just getting light as dawn is breaking. I fill up the mammoth, and as I swing back towards base, I nearly walk over a Meglasauras sleeping within spitting of the outer building of my base.  I had just collected wood from this same area the previous day cycle, so that Meglasauras must have crept closer during the night, while I was flying the Quetz back from taming.  It was only a level 55, but I figured, what the heck, so I decided to surround it with pillars while it slept, so I could tame it later.  Well, I place the first pillar and it roars awake!  So I jump on the Argy and kite it to a cliff edge. I KO it, then I used the Argy to collect some Prime and luckily found a whole herd of Stegos.  Tame her up and bring her back to base.

So as some readers might recall, I have been playing Rag map for about a month now, and put in a TON of hours on it already. I was complaining last week I couldn't find Quetzs .... then a 150 male appears and I tame him, and end up taming a 95 and 25 as well on that same trip. Plus the 140 female from last night I have 4 tamed and 3 hatched! Actually too many, but I love flyers.

Then earlier this week I was complaining how I had searched Rag map time and time again and never saw a sheep. And of course on Tuesday night, I find 8 Ovis, but I was on a Griffin and couldn't bring one back.Regardless, I was nearly trampled by a Giga that made snacks out of those Ovis.

I also was asking if Otters even spawn on PS4 single player, because I had never seen one.  Well last night after bringing the Meglasaurus back to base, I decided to look for an otter.  I take an Argy, and fly all around the areas that YouTube had shown otter spawns. Finally when I was just about to give up, I spot one! only a level 20, but heck it is an otter!  So after swimming around and nearly dying to some Salmon and drowning, I get it tamed! Success, and what a cute little bugger!

I then decide to try it out, and I whistle on the lone Salmon I see swimming nearby. OOPS, the otter attacks, and within seconds there must have been a dozen Salmon attacking back. I try whistling for the otter to come back, but it is surrounded, and within seconds I see the red death message.

So to recap:

Time spent looking for Otter on map = Multiple Hours.

Time Spent Taming only otter ever seen = many minutes

Time Spent enjoying cute little otter tame = about 15 seconds :Jerbmad::Jerbcry:

With that, I jumped on the Argy, flew back to base and called it a night.

***** Oh yeah, over the last few weeks, I get blue screen of death every 2-3 hours of play. It has never been this bad before for ARK or any other PS4 game.   Anyone else having this issue? ***

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

***** Oh yeah, over the last few weeks, I get blue screen of death every 2-3 hours of play. It has never been this bad before for ARK or any other PS4 game.   Anyone else having this issue? ***

While my time on Ark single player has been limited I've never come close to lag or blue screening. I am actually surprised you get that on single player at all. Perhaps it is the Ragnarok map as I am not sure about the center, island or SE on the new server's but rendering dinosaurs is a lot more atrocious on Ragnarok in my official server experience so other underlying problems could exist as well even in single player mode. While I have dc'd plenty the only blue screens I have encountered was once around blue ob which is massively built up on our server and once when trying to load back in after a disconnect from host. 

On dinosaur rendering, when I am flying with my Wyvern 80 feet off the ground, I can pick out a lystro no problem but I have to get with in 50 feet of a Bronto, Rex, or Wyvern for it to appear on my screen? What's that?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

While my time on Ark single player has been limited I've never come close to lag or blue screening. I am actually surprised you get that on single player at all. Perhaps it is the Ragnarok map as I am not sure about the center, island or SE on the new server's but rendering dinosaurs is a lot more atrocious on Ragnarok in my official server experience so other underlying problems could exist as well even in single player mode. While I have dc'd plenty the only blue screens I have encountered was once around blue ob which is massively built up on our server and once when trying to load back in after a disconnect from host. 

On dinosaur rendering, when I am flying with my Wyvern 80 feet off the ground, I can pick out a lystro no problem but I have to get with in 50 feet of a Bronto, Rex, or Wyvern for it to appear on my screen? What's that?

I wonder if the Ragnarok map size is just too much for a PS4?  My base is not huge,  and i only have 158 tames as of last night. And in fact, the vast majority of the blue screens happen FAR AWAY from my base.  In fact 2 nights ago, I was flying back from the scar area, and got back to my base, tidied up and was getting ready to log off, when I Blue screened. I just called it a night. Last night when I logged in, I spawned in in the middle of Viking Bay under water, with my Griffin circling above me in the air. Apparently that is where the blue screen had rolled me back.

Then last night while flying the 140 Female Quetz home, I bluescreen in just after we took off, and were just clearing the snow area. When I spawned back in, I was standing in the murder snow, with the female Quetz still KO'd and my player was dying quickly. So I had to redo the whole building a fire and eating Quetz eggs scenario over, in order to save my life.  

Over the last few weeks, I have had to Re-Do the tame of a 135 Rex, a 140 Argy and 3-4 other dinos due to bluescreens.

I'm still so cranky about my data from the island map disappearing, that I won't go back to that map, since I had ground out for sooooo long, plus tamed some nice dinos.

Maybe with this current character, I will start up on Scorched?  I sure wish I there was a way to transfer dinos/eggs from one single player account, to another.  I miss having all of those color mutated Thylas and Argies!  

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

then a 150 male appears and I tame him

Congrats on the Quetz! I was having a hard time finding them too but I actually tamed a level 15 last night lol....yeah pretty sad but at least I can use it for my trap on the bigger ones. On my search for Otters with my Griffin (which I've yet to find)....I seen a 145 flying around but I was too tired to go back for the long tame so I'll probably try it tonight after work....and try to find an Otter again lol. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tageon said:

I made a kairuku breeding area. So I can make babies and harvest them for Organic Polymer with my new pelagornis. 

Nice. Though from my experience, while wild babies give more polymer I believe tamed adults are supposed to give more polymer. I am not sure how true this is since I really only used my Kairuku for kibble for Angler's. Also from perusing posts here one of the best ways to harvest organic polymer using the born and die approach is with a Moschop who's harvesting specialty is organic polymer. The post's I read said to just leave the adults on wandering so they will constantly breed, babies hatch, babies die, Moschop harvest's and with specialty as organic poly you will constantly have some. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Nice. Though from my experience, while wild babies give more polymer I believe tamed adults are supposed to give more polymer. I am not sure how true this is since I really only used my Kairuku for kibble for Angler's. Also from perusing posts here one of the best ways to harvest organic polymer using the born and die approach is with a Moschop who's harvesting specialty is organic polymer. The post's I read said to just leave the adults on wandering so they will constantly breed, babies hatch, babies die, Moschop harvest's and with specialty as organic poly you will constantly have some. 

Well I know what I am doing tomorrow then. 

3 minutes ago, phantomman01 said:

Congrats on the Quetz! I was having a hard time finding them too but I actually tamed a level 15 last night lol....yeah pretty sad but at least I can use it for my trap on the bigger ones. On my search for Otters with my Griffin (which I've yet to find)....I seen a 145 flying around but I was too tired to go back for the long tame so I'll probably try it tonight after work....and try to find an Otter again lol. 

The First Quetz is always the hardest to find and tame I feel. Now I just use a tamed Quetz with a platform to chase down the wild Quetz.  Sure it is probably safer to make a cage on that Quetz, but I'm too lazy/unskilled to build one on the Quetz platform.

Tonight, my #1 goal is finding and taming another otter. 

If that is successful, I will look for a Ice Wyvern egg.  I looked all over the snow Biomes a few days ago, and could not find even one nest. Even in the spots that Youtubers are showing them. I have some actual coordinates now, and will check them with my GPS.

This weekend, I hope to build a Wyvern trap, so I can get milk to raise my 165 Lightening, 185 Fire and hopefully a Ice Wyvern!

I also saw a 145 Female Mega-sloth (I only have a male) and a 145 Therazino that is living too close to my base for my liking. I will try to tame them as well if I get a chance.

Last but not least, I need to start searching out more beacons. I have ZERO blueprints for good Ghille or Flak armor, and I want BP for Argy and Ptera saddles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aushegun said:

The First Quetz is always the hardest to find and tame I feel. Now I just use a tamed Quetz with a platform to chase down the wild Quetz.  Sure it is probably safer to make a cage on that Quetz, but I'm too lazy/unskilled to build one on the Quetz platform.

Tonight, my #1 goal is finding and taming another otter. 

If that is successful, I will look for a Ice Wyvern egg.  I looked all over the snow Biomes a few days ago, and could not find even one nest. Even in the spots that Youtubers are showing them. I have some actual coordinates now, and will check them with my GPS.

This weekend, I hope to build a Wyvern trap, so I can get milk to raise my 165 Lightening, 185 Fire and hopefully a Ice Wyvern!

I also saw a 145 Female Mega-sloth (I only have a male) and a 145 Therazino that is living too close to my base for my liking. I will try to tame them as well if I get a chance.

Last but not least, I need to start searching out more beacons. I have ZERO blueprints for good Ghille or Flak armor, and I want BP for Argy and Ptera saddles.

No kidding! It didn't take that long to drop that little 15 last night off the back of the Griffin, I really like that mechanic being a solo player! Sounds like we're almost at the same stage on the new map lol! Last weekend I built my Wyvern trap for my 175 poison egg I found...didn't want a poison one but I couldn't pass up the high level. I trapped three in there that were chasing me so that was a heck of a deal trying to clean up that mess and gather milk. Also, I had a run in with a Ice Wyvern on murder snow where there's two oil fields (I believe the coordinates were around 31-68). I haven't checked online to see if there's a nest around there but it was a hell of an accidental find and fight!

• Like 1