So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

37 minutes ago, Gwerny said:

Hit Lvl 85, so had to redesign my mining base to accomodate my new industrial forge, (It's huge)

Spent lots of time figuring out how to place a B/gate just where i wanted it, for underwater access to my base.

Finaly raised a pair of Direwolves to stud with all the highest stats I could get. Caveing here we come.

Caving definitely is my next addiction, really enjoyed clearing my first one... cant wait to get home later, get my gear together, go claim another artifact and possibly try and tame one of the Megalosaurs that spawn at the entrance on the way back out :)

Would you use direwolves in all caves, or are some of these caves not accessable for land based dinos? Ive not tried taking any dinos into the cave I now run in.

Well....last night didn't go so well as my last post. I was out trying to find a nice leveled Basil with my small water army, 2 Mosa's and 2 Plesi's. I got hit from out of nowhere by a school of eels and a mid-leveled squid. They killed me twice trying to get everything out of harms way. On the third attempt my army finally killed everything but then I seen the goofy squid glitched my highest level Plesi in a huge rock. Now I have my mid-leveled Mosa sitting there and the Plesi on aggressive and follow to hopefully render it out....if not then R.I.P. Nessie! On a good note I did get my gear back though lol! 

Had a hell of a weekend actually:

-Tamed a perfect female 145 karpo

-Tamed a 130 pachy

-Tamed a pair of 140 terror birds

But......

Got ambushed by a 130 Thyla which MISSED me; knocked it out only to have a bear agro and hit it enough to take away any bonus levels. :( Then got too close to the swamp, fell off quetz and it rocketed up to the sky with 2 dragonflies attacking it. Was sweating bullets for 10 mins before it flew far, far, far away to land safely. Took a good 30 mins to find it though..

14 hours ago, YaBoiiSajoun said:

Tamed my very first Official Server Rex

Congrats, always get a rewarding feeling when you get your first!! Ive got 2 Rex's but both were claimed from old bases so I havent the need to get one yet. I will do soon though but currently progressing on the cave front so not required a new Rex just yet.

Last night for me was a very much a full scale assault on the resources of the island...

Thatch = 4000

Wood = 8000

Iron = 2000

Obsidian = 500

Carbon = 350

Crystal = 200

Stone/Limestone = too much so I never counted. I added further hides and fibre and filled my troughs with berries, meat and made circa 1500 dry firewood so that my tribemates could get on with decent stuff whilst I was sleeping in my warm bed. Always useful having playing partners from the other side of the ocean.

I think Ill do a cave run tonight on my Saber as I got a message this morning saying my friend had solod it on his last night. Artifacts here I come :)

20 hours ago, Anarki said:

Caving definitely is my next addiction, really enjoyed clearing my first one... cant wait to get home later, get my gear together, go claim another artifact and possibly try and tame one of the Megalosaurs that spawn at the entrance on the way back out :)

Would you use direwolves in all caves, or are some of these caves not accessable for land based dinos? Ive not tried taking any dinos into the cave I now run in.

I've heard Direwolves or Sabres are good for caving, land based caves anyway. I've not done any yet, but the wiki has a list of what dino's can get in which cave.

lots of people have differing preferences on what to take, I chose direwolves as Carno kibble is easy to get for me.

2 hours ago, Anarki said:

Congrats, always get a rewarding feeling when you get your first!! Ive got 2 Rex's but both were claimed from old bases so I havent the need to get one yet. I will do soon though but currently progressing on the cave front so not required a new Rex just yet.

Last night for me was a very much a full scale assault on the resources of the island...

Thatch = 4000

Wood = 8000

Iron = 2000

Obsidian = 500

Carbon = 350

Crystal = 200

Stone/Limestone = too much so I never counted. I added further hides and fibre and filled my troughs with berries, meat and made circa 1500 dry firewood so that my tribemates could get on with decent stuff whilst I was sleeping in my warm bed. Always useful having playing partners from the other side of the ocean.

I think Ill do a cave run tonight on my Saber as I got a message this morning saying my friend had solod it on his last night. Artifacts here I come :)

So global warming on the island is squarly your fault... with the large scale mining burning said metal down and deforesting your a monster! No dont look over here i dont have a forge going... no dont look at my wood storage those stacks were found there stop judging me im judging you!

Hmm my Ark today, so far .. its just after 8 am .. havent been to bed yet from last night, did some hunting, hatched a Gali egg, which for some unknown reason said gali died about half an hour into baby stage. I dont know why, I was right there, she had 91 berries on her, she had been eating.  At the time i was in the inventory of the ptera i had just hatched.  i have roughly an hour more to go before this one starts feeding from the trough and i can go nap for a few hours.

15 hours ago, pwellsua5645 said:

Killed Alpha Tuso and looted a JM fishing pole. Going to do some fishing

Very nice Rod *no innuedo meant* :)

I had a great night last night, I've a cliff base with a beachfront pen below but further round the rock is/was a huge base which limited my ability to extend. He never came back - took his Bronto and Dimetrodon and now I have put some pillars up as boundary markers for my new extension. Im on the centre so I will ahve a coastline and a river section for my base now so I am a happy little chappy.

What I wasnt happy with was the lack of decent drops from 6 gold/yellow beacons... I know its down to luck but I thought I would get something from it :(

Would you guys put a water pen in the ocean or river?

Nothing due to having a server that I loved stop because the owner just couldn't handle constantly updating mods.  I've other servers I play very minimally that I could go to but losing that anchor server just sort of sucked all motivation out of me. Really wish the mod updating issues and how its become worse by the sponsorships could find a good solution.

I joined the server one of my characters is on. It's still not actually up to date, so that character is spending day 136 on an outdated Asia server, because the server hasn't updated to the current patch version in four months, still no transfer. I then joined ANOTHER server, where ANOTHER one of my characters (My main actually) got stuck, been about a week since it got stuck, it's not updated either.

Checked both tickets, made sure both were opened, and then shut off Ark.

Im making the assumption that neither of you are playing official servers?

Oh, I also did a good deed. I saw a 120 Rex annihilating a new player and his base. He was trying to protect his Trike and a few other little dinos and his thatch house over the river from our base. I flew over, asked if he required a bit of help with the persuing Rex. 

'Yes' came the reply. I downed, the Rex, left him the carcass for hides etc and then flew back to my base. Picked up a female low level Argy (85) and flew it down to his base. He had wandered off somewhere so I landed the argy behind his spikes and unclaimed the bird for him to take when he returned.

Messaged him in main chat and he replied very happily.

Always like a good ending. His answer to the killing of the rex was 'Thanks, there was a it of history between us'. Ha Ha, I love a guy with a good sense of humour :)

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 1

Logged on, immediately went for some pearls up in the north west. I had nothing else to do as I knew I wouldn't be on for long so I went around the entire coast looking for more. I then went slightly inland and found 2 of our high level Rexs that we lost when raiding someone the other day. They were somehow unharmed despite being there for about 30 hours. Killed an alpha Rex on them, then run around the corner and found my tribe mates wyvern just sitting there.

returned them and logged off.

On 3/29/2017 at 4:24 AM, Anarki said:

Very nice Rod *no innuedo meant* :)

I had a great night last night, I've a cliff base with a beachfront pen below but further round the rock is/was a huge base which limited my ability to extend. He never came back - took his Bronto and Dimetrodon and now I have put some pillars up as boundary markers for my new extension. Im on the centre so I will ahve a coastline and a river section for my base now so I am a happy little chappy.

What I wasnt happy with was the lack of decent drops from 6 gold/yellow beacons... I know its down to luck but I thought I would get something from it :(

Would you guys put a water pen in the ocean or river?

Put it where it's closest to your base IMO. Good luck my friend

20 hours ago, pwellsua5645 said:

Put it where it's closest to your base IMO. Good luck my friend

Our base on the center now spans round a cliff so we have an ocean side of the base aswell as the river inlet on the otherside. Where to put the water pen hmmmm.

Last night I was fairly happy... jumped on my 242 Sabretooth and cleared out the Artifact of the Immune cave in record time.. it was damned easy :)

Tonight I think Ill be starting some Behemoth gates around the otherside of the base so I can get some of the bigger dinos out of their pen :)

Went out hunting for Alpha's since I downloaded the Primal Fear Mod and ran into a Primal Direbear (x50 power). Mistakenly thought I could tame it even though the site says unnameable boss and proceeded to pick it up and carry it to a pen to tame until I noticed that my Quetzal was no longer flying but falling and had been eaten in mid air. 

I didn't notice him being attacked so not sure if I was lagging or what but damn that was painful to lose my favorite Quetzal!

If anyone wants to see some of the Dinos in this mod feel free to click the link in my page as these things are awesome!