So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official PVE, Lost Island), (Official PVE, Fjordur), (Official PVE, Crystal Isles) - fed dinos. Servers are running better due to bases decaying. Never thought I'd be sad about getting better FPS than usual.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Fed dinos even though there was still enough meat in the trough. Checked generator - still fine. Probably would last a month at minimum without refills. Bred wyverns, raptors and velonas. Velona stays - black on one of the regions, want to see it. Didn't breed carchars, turns out I forgot to disable mating on them the last time so none were ready.

That's all for today.

• Thanks 1

(Official PVE, Fjordur), (Official PVE, Lost Island), (Official PVE, Crystal Isles) - fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Added more meat to the trough. Replaced decayed leash and retrieved an arthro that ran away - Officials may be crumbling and I may be letting go of ARK, but that's no excuse to release tames into the wild. Wandering or not, they all will rot when time comes, with my base, ON my base.

Hatched old velona. Black's not visible or not noticeable. Boring.

Bred carchars, velonas, raptors and wyverns. Velona stays, blue mut. Curious what it'll look like. Wyvern stays, Actual black inherited form both parents. I won't raise it, but I want to see it.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 11:01 AM, prosans said:

i got betrayed in ark yesterday my tribe killed me and kill all my favorite tames wich i had on me  and forced me to watch

saying i dont know disapile when i was the one who got all the tames we had

Maybe you were undisciplined with the sheer amount of tames you gathered. Maybe they had enough of your army of 50 dodos that they told you to downsize because its lagging up the base.

Sounds like a tame intervention to me

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

refreshed bases mostly. Did more tests instead on the private cluster we are building around the community we built for an official pve server: tested event status (winter wonderland still perfectly working), lurked many hours into the devkit watching for some hidden properties about live tuning (it's still alive!) but didn't found any interesting (we will drop decay times).. will explore server api extension in the future to recreate some sort of events..

• 2 weeks later...

I found how to make ARK server crossplay actually work under Server edition of Windows (I used server 2019)... yes under windows 10 there are no issues, as well on most linux distros... Had to use wireshark and searching in the epic online services documentations for hours :V

Small victory.

Another small victory: yesterday I finally got my fist solid aberrant dodos, full deep pink 68

Edited by darkradeon

• 2 months later...

IT'S ALIVE!!

(public-unofficial server cluster) - my tribemate and i have gone DEEP into dino breeding, at least for us.  i've got a line of Velonasaurs with max'd health and melee, and i'm currently working on stamina and weight.  i'm also working on Managarmrs, Voidwyrms, and just for fun Tek Parasaurs.  my tribemate is working on Pteranodons, Anklyo's, and Therizinosaurs.

tonight i'm going to be gathering materials for the Velo Saddle BP that i have and possibly doing a large bit of saddle crafting.  the goal is to take these Velos and see what they can do in a few boss fights.

Bred some kapros, hunted for a good level sarco to try and breed my female to start my aquatic base back up, screamed into the abyss because I couldn’t find a good male. Screamed harder into the abyss because after I switched to mosa hunting I remembered the seas of fjordur are filled with jellyfish and eels.

Last night in ARK, on my heavily modded Ragnarok single-player session, featuring mods such as Pyria: Mythos Evolved, ARK Additions, and Prehistoric Beasts, I was going around on my Mana, ice-breathing everything in sight, hoping to get the Artifact of the Hunter, when I just paused the game and idled for a few hours, I unpaused the game, only to find that it was 3:03am, forcing me to go right back to my base and log off. I am hoping to get the Artifact of the Hunter today, provided that my game does not crash during the loading sequence! (Remember the mods? 38 in total!)