So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

11 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Use a high melee doedicurus and you'll get more than that from one node.

But I don't NEED more. 6 venom is good when raising one drake. It's enough now and used to be excessive earlier. I just always write how much venom I got, and I was happy about untouched nodes because sometimes people sweep the whole cave with stryders and there's no venom to get at all.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Just now, AllOfTheAllos said:

But I don't NEED more. 6 venom is good when raising one drake. It's enough now and used to be excessive earlier.

Well if you can manage it - it is considerate to the rest of us. I've seen a few heated arguments in global, one dude wanting to farm the venom himself, some more advanced tribe advocating to have one of their guys go in with a mane and a doed, to save the nodes. Later I went in found zero nodes, podded my own babies.

3 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Well if you can manage it - it is considerate to the rest of us. I've seen a few heated arguments in global, one dude wanting to farm the venom himself, some more advanced tribe advocating to have one of their guys go in with a mane and a doed, to save the nodes. Later I went in found zero nodes, podded my own babies.

I got 6 VENOM, not 6 NODES. What kind of a primitive pick madman you're assuming I am? I only needed to harvest two nodes for that, and if I got 3 instead of 2 out of the first node I wouldn't even harvest a second one.

I never harvest the entire cave, because I know how unpleasant it is to find it empty.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Moss is adult now. I took Acidic Ocean's saddle, repainted it and put it on him, since Moss will be my main drake now (until I get one that's completely right, scales, feathers and stats).

Bred gigas, rexes and spinos, one spino stays (male, health mut).

Harvested fiber and flint, made arrows, fed gachas. A bit went into the gens, but most (14 element and 20+ shards) went into the vault.

And that's all for today.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos. Thought about going to the cave for loot but decided against it because

1. Lazy

and

2. What if I harvest a venom node out of habit despite not raising any drakes at the moment. Would be pretty rude.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, checked nearby for drops. There was one, but red. I don't do red. And even if it wasn't red, it was in Sulfur Fields, I prefer not to spend more time than absolutely necessary in that scorching deathtrap.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike, checked if wyverns still have enough crystals (they do).

(Official, Valguero) Hatched spino, filled a maewing and a tek trough and put the spino in raising corner.

Bred drakes (female, right stats, but cracked because none of the right colors were inherited).

Fed gachas, but only a bit.

And that's all for today.

2 hours ago, prosans said:

everyone use a moshops to kill dragon and manicore in rag boss fight

They actually do some pretty decent damage. I had a high level moschops once (lvl 150 perf. tamed, I think). It had 2,000+ health and did ~200 damage, I think. Not mutated at all, so pretty dang good. An army of moschops could kill a boss-if only they could catch up to it...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

They actually do some pretty decent damage. I had a high level moschops once (lvl 150 perf. tamed, I think). It had 2,000+ health and did ~200 damage, I think. Not mutated at all, so pretty dang good. An army of moschops could kill a boss-if only they could catch up to it...

the moschops is ready for war

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prosans said:

the moschops is ready for war

In fact, it was! I regularly used it to just go around and fight things. I took down a bronto with it once, so...The damage, combined with their harvesting prowess, made it an amazing meat gatherer all on it's own. It was not fast, but it was effective.

Edited by Griffin998

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the spino (doing good, no trough refill needed), harvested some flint and made arrows for next gacha feeding, bred rexes and gigas (nothing good, all eggs but one cracked, the remaining one went into my titanoboa's inventory - Noodle has to eat sometimes after all, and the two it has already have a good chance of spoiling before it's hungry enough).

And then I decided to get a megaloceros because why not.

So I took my rifle and I took my tranqs, and my harpoon cannon, and nets and my bat, and went to the edge of Redwoods.

And I saw a deer, 135, male, I netted and tranqed him, and... A terror bird fell on top of him.

I netted the bird and tranqed it. And tranqed it more and more until it died, for I haven't packed any weapon but my rifle or any ammo but tranq darts.

But in any case the damage was done, so I killed the deer, too - didn't feel like waiting for him to wake up, the damn thing was knocked to 19% taming effectiveness.

So I looked for another. For a while I found nothing. Then I saw... No. Not a deer. I saw a 135 megatherium, light colored (as it later turned out, BigFoot4), male. And I decided to get that.

Netted half-tranqed, escaped from him when he got out of the net, re-netted, tranqed the rest of the way, left him to starve while I looked for a deer because I came here for a deer and I will leave with a deer.

And I found another 135. Female, light gray (looks nice. Almost white).

Netted, tranqed, went home to grab more kibble and more pods (because I already got an unplanned tame of a megatherum, who knows what else might happen),

Returned, gave the deer kibble, and soon she was tamed. Named her Aurora, and she ended up with 30 weight and 35 melee - not bad!

The megatherium was pretty hungry, so I finally gave him kibble.

And went to look for a male deer. And found another 135! Netted, tranqed, tamed, 30 health and 39 stam. That's a second half of a good deer if I ever decide to breed them! Named him Rudolf.

And the megatherium was soon tamed too, with 33 weight and that's it. That's the only stat he got that's better than what my older mega, Death of Bugs, has. Keeping him anyway. His name is Mega Terry.

I brought them all home an that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1