So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

33 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

Other bleed can't to applied at the Boss.

But good mutated Deino with Yuty, and a Mammoth if in two player (if possible a couple of Hp mutated Tank Rex or Tank Magmasaur) can to defeat every Bosses. It just depend in how well they are raised.

i had a perfect set of a special setup in a cave it would literally be deino egg shower

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake, imprinted spino, hatched the new drake and... Killed. I was wrong, whe didn't get the feather colors. Bred drakes (new egg also no good).

Harvested a ton of flint, made arrows, fed gachas a bit.

(Official, Fjordur) Got venom, five of it. Uploaded. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved venom, fed the drake one, put the rest into a preserving bin with salt. Fed gachas some more. Force-fed the drake another venom after a while and podded him - gonna play more in an hour or two, don't trust the drake to survive without my attention just yet. The venom should last.

Unpodded drake again.

Took Acidic Ocean and wandered around, jumping and gliding all over Chalk Hills.

Returned home, fed gachas for a bit more. Checked my beehives, good thing I did - they were out of flowers. Gave them flowers.

Then realized I'm getting rather tired, force-fed the drake another venom, podded him, and that's all for now (or for today)

Unpodded drake again. Imprinted spino. Took Nightmare and went to Beaver Lake to get her some Exp, got her a level by hunting hyaenodons,  and then came across a lvl 95 alpha carno. Killed it without any trouble.

Then Took Acidic Ocean, climbed the tallest cliff I could find, and jumped off of it. Glided all the way to the jungle, then from there to the mountain, around the giga spawn and back to the beach near White Cliffs.

Returned home, checked the drake (still doing good). Fed gachas some more. Put some of the element into the gens rest into the vault.

Podded drake and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Early in the morning logged on to imprint the spino. Just now logged on again, spino's still not ready for next imprint (3 more hours), bred drakes (no luck, all low stats). For now that's all.

Logged on again, imprinted spino. He's mostly grown, so pretty sure I won't be able to get full imprint on him. Still, I got him mostly imprinted.

Killed a few things with my andrewsarchus and that's all for now.

Yes, I still count this as "today". Because I can.

So. Spino is adult now. Named him Crab Eater, gave him my best saddle, repaired old hazard suit, made a second one, and went to the Abb cave. Left bat on a mushroom tree near rad zone, put hazard suit on, unpodded Crab Eater and went in. Unfortunately, got nothing good. Since the crates there have all that Abb stuff I'm pretty sure that a drake saddle CAN happen, but so far no luck. Also, starting to consider getting an abb dimorph or two, they look nice.

Returned home (on t way there killed an alpha raptor), put Crab Eater into a  cryofridge so that he'll be nice and leveled next time I'll need him, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike, and got artifacts for Gamma valg. Got no plans on doing it anytime soon, but better to have them just in case.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Tried to do a yellow drop, but last two dinos of the second wave never showed up and te drop disappeared even though I stayed close. Uploaded some dust I had.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved artifacts and dust. Unpodded drake, bred rexes, gigas and drakes, nothing good.

Fed gachas a lot, most went into the gens. Also, turns out gachas do eat poop, actually, and that's why they sometimes drop crystals when no food was given to them. Once drake was hungry enough, logged off and onto

(Official, Fjordur). Got venom, 5 of it, which turned out to be a bit too much - I overestimated my drake's ability to hold it. Uploaded it. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed drake to the max, and then force-fed him remaining two venom because it'd decay anyway. Podded drake and that's all for today.

Aberration with friends. They accidently set the max dino level as 30 and we kept it that way. Stat points matter so much more now, there's only bad dinos and barely usable ones. So much more taming and breeding required, but I like it.  Well - except spinos, obviously. A spino with 4 in melee still does 300 - 400 damage per hit easily. I am awe.

I built Captain Fatdog's karkinos trap and for the first time got the taming with a catapult turret right. It seems extremely easy, when on my previous playthrough I killed every crab I trapped. So I got two near max level crabs, but turns out they trigger my friend's arachnophobia. Sad crab face.

The rest was leveling, getting metal from the blue zone, people dying to freezing spores, resources and crafting.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake, took Turkey (my theri) and went to harvest fiber, since I was running low on it. Found the sino that I lost tat one time when connection troubles caused me to uncontrollably fly in a direction unknown to me when all I wanted to do was sino-fly off the balcony. Yep, all that time, all those carnivores, and she was still alive. Brought her back home and podded her - my current one is better anyway.

Then did a second fiber run, this time in the swamp.

Imprinted the drake.

Then took Alduin and went beacon-hunting. Didn't get anything good, but killed two alpha carnos and spotted two more.

Took Abaddon and went to kill the other two.

Fed dinos.

Made some more arrows, fed gachas a bit for the gens and ten some more until I had 10 element and a bit over 80 shards for the vault.

Podded drake. He still has plenty of food, so I'll feed him next time. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake. Bred drakes, gigas, rexes and spinos. Nothing good.

Crafted a bit over a hundred grenades, took tropeo and went hunting wyverns for fun, but only killed two - my aim is REALLY bad today.

Returned home. Fed phiomia stimberries, loaded dung beetles up with fresh poop.

Checked on the rock drake, a bit over 1600 food left. Logged off and on to

(Official, Fjordur). Got five venom. Spent some time running around, breaking rocks and killing stuff because server save happened almost right after I entered the cave, so I needed to pass the time somehow. Finally uploaded venom. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Got venom, fed drake. He ate four on his own, I force-fed him the fifth. He now holds a bit over 3000 food. Podded him and that's all for now (or today).

On 10/4/2022 at 2:09 AM, riceandvegetable said:

Aberration with friends. They accidently set the max dino level as 30 and we kept it that way. Stat points matter so much more now, there's only bad dinos and barely usable ones. So much more taming and breeding required, but I like it.  Well - except spinos, obviously. A spino with 4 in melee still does 300 - 400 damage per hit easily. I am awe.

I built Captain Fatdog's karkinos trap and for the first time got the taming with a catapult turret right. It seems extremely easy, when on my previous playthrough I killed every crab I trapped. So I got two near max level crabs, but turns out they trigger my friend's arachnophobia. Sad crab face.

The rest was leveling, getting metal from the blue zone, people dying to freezing spores, resources and crafting.

everytime i try and tame one someone always kills it either with the turret or with a ferox

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake. Bred rexes and gigas, nothing good. Drakes, too - no good again. Wrong health, and it had green, which I absolutely don't need.

Took Topaz Thorn and went beacon-hunting, nothing good. Went as far as the wyvern trench, even killed one wyvern and stole an egg. It was a decayed egg, though.

Then took Acidic Ocean, spent some time climbing and gliding. Managed to kill and ichthy in flight while gliding, but doesn't count this time because FPS dropped so I didn't get to really see it.

Returned home, checked on the drake, decided he should eat a bit so logged off and on to 

(Official, Fjordur). Got 2 venom, and found an 83 armor asc argy BP in a red cave crate. Uploaded venom, the BP will have to wait until next time, though - I got it after the server save.

(Official, Valguero) Got venom, fed the drake one, left the other in his inventory. With his current food at his current age he can last around 8 hours, so I'll leave him out. That's all for now, will play more in a few hours.

(Official, Fjordur) Got venom, uploaded it and the argy BP.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted drake, got venom and BP, fed drake, put extra venom into a preserving bit with salt, made a saddle from BP. Three saddles, because I wanted to get as much armor as I can (even though a workhorse argy technically doesn't even need much). Stopped at 90.2, getting there drained my hide vault.

Dyed saddle, put it on Nightmare instead of her old, 82 one, and went to hunt hyaenodons and whatever to Beaver Lake. Got her a level.

Returned home, bred argents (I want to try and get a second full black to level almost all melee/a bit of stam. Make a little warbird), keeping the egg but only to see it - it got a new mut, inherited wrong leg and wingtip color, and I'm pretty sure it'll be ugly as hell. Force-fed drake another venom, for now that's all, will play more yet in a few hours.

Okay, didn't exactly "play more". Just hatched the argent (yep, ugly), killed it, took venom out of the bin, fed the drake to the max and podded him.

Technically he can survive the night with his current food and age, but I've been sleeping a lot lately, so there's no guarantee that the night he can survive is the same length as my night specifically. So, podded for safety. Perhaps next time he can stay out. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

On 10/4/2022 at 1:20 PM, prosans said:

so kill it as fast as you can and i been trying to fight rag boss on foot with axe 755.3 damage and my melee did 40k per swing

The universe is broken, the world is upside down, my life is a lie, and icthyornis are the best creatures in ARK.

That's a really nice axe. Maybe try and get a sword instead though (I'm sure you know this, but...) I'm just trying to imagine the damage a sword would do with that sort of percentage. Also, unrelated but related...I've gotten into ARK mobile recently (don't have time to get on the Xbox), and there are these little mission things. I got an asccendant bow from one of them, and it does 294 dmg (mobile shows damage instead of percent) i calculated the percent, and I think it's something like +434% damage (534% of 55 is 294, but 434% of 55 +55 is how I assume the dmg is calculated) If I had 100 arrows, I could do 29,400 damage. Sort of insane. Also, I'm like, level 18. I already have an ascendant compound bow, a shotgun, and a longneck, also from these little mission things. Very, very weird. Also, have you tried andrewsarchus with Fenrisulfr? Maybe they prevent dismount. Get some mutations, and you have yourself the perfect riding creature for bosses.

Anyway, good luck with your bosses, and happy ARKing!

Edited by Griffin998

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake. Bred drakes and spinos. One spino stays because I want to see if its mut looks good. Might keep for color if it does. Drake stays because health is not right but I think it got the feathers and it's female, so I'll hatch it and see.

Fed gachas, all went into the gens.

Uploaded a podded saddled ankylo because I want to see if it's good at getting dust.

(Official, Extinction) Retrieved and tested ankylo. No good. Repodded and reuploaded. Fed dinos, spotted a vein and tried to do, but strayed too far from it when trying to find last two hostiles of the second to last wave, so it disappeared.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike.

(Official, Fjordur) Got five venom, uploaded it. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the ankylo ad the venom. Fed drake, he can now survive for about 11 hours! Put two remaining venom into the bin with salt, will log back on in a few hours to feed the drake again, and I think this time I'll leave him out after that. For now that's all.

Fed the drake remaining two venom, hatched spino and drake (mut color on spino not visible, and maybe next time I'll remember that region 1 is feathers on drakes instead of just hoping that green is not on feathers and getting disappointed when it absolutely is).

Drake is staying out for the night and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

On 10/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, prosans said:

why aren't argys allowed in the dragon and manticore fight?

Pretty sure they are, but if you bring flyers into the manticore fight at all, it just doesn't land whatsoever, so probably not a good idea. Unless you're using a few people on mutated wyverns. In that case, then totally go for it, probably (not actually sure if you can bring wyverns into the boss fight, so take this with a grain of salt).

(Official, Fjordur) Today started with me briefly waking up at night and deciding to use that time of awakeness to feed the drake. So I went into the cave and got venom. Only two, unfortunately. Uploaded it.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the venom. Since there was so little of it, I gave it to the drake through a 150+ nursing effectiveness maewing. Imprinted the drake.

A few hours later I woke up again, got 5 venom on (Official, Fjordur), retrieved it on (Official, Valguero), fed the drake again (he was pretty hungry - less than 3000 food left) and that's all for now.

(Official, Fjordur) 6 more venom, uploaded along with loot (80+ sarco and deer saddles as items, and 80+ beaver saddle as BP).

(Official, Valguero) Fed the drake. He ate 4 venom, I put the remaining 2 into the bin with salt. Will log back on in a few hours to feed him again. And yeah, it's not eventful, I'm just enjoying that part of ARK that's all "I can log off for hours and know that everything will be alright even though I have an unpodded baby there".

Fed the drake again. Took Acidic Ocean and went to grab a red beacon near Beaver Lake, ten wandered close to the mountains, saw THREE alpha carnos, returned home, took Abaddon, killed carnos, returned home again and that's all for now/today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Fjordur) Went into the cave. No good loot in the crates, but all te venom nodes were untouched so I got 6 venom. Uploaded it.

(Official, Valguero) Drake really loses food slowly now. Only dropped down to a bit over 2000. Retrieved venom and fed him all of it - he could fit even more, but I didn't feel like doing a second run. Just what I got will last him for quite a while.

The drake has a name now, by the way, he's Moss.

Bred drakes, and almost ALMOST! Right feathers, right stats... If only it was a female. But it wasn't so I cracked the egg. I don't want to raise more than I have to.

Fed gachas. Didn't feel like getting mats for arrows, so used seeds and fiber. Fiber is kinda okay-ish - good amount of resource crystals, only had one loot, but it's so damn SLOW!

Arrows are way better, even if about half crystals end up being loot ones.

Almost all element went into the gens.

And that's all for today.