So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

OUR SERVER DID A THING!

we changed the server over for the weekend from Valguero to Fjorder for a 3 day weekend.  

we started the server the week before Fjordor was released, and a few people wanted to try it out.  we uploaded a few of our dinos and a few items, then switched the server for the weekend.  we had a blast!

i found and tamed a tropeognathis, a griffon, a snow owl, a mating pair of shadowmanes, and a few maewings.

a friend of mine tamed a couple of Velonasaurs, another snow owl, and a fjordhawk for each of us.

together we stole a couple of rock drake eggs, and a couple of lightning wyvern egs.  

we didn't realize until getting back that we have no way on valguero to get nameless venom in order to mate the rock drakes.

the tame i'm the most happiest with is the shadowmanes.  i've always been a big fan of wolves and equus, these are similar in some ways, but soo much more. 

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Logged on and a good thing I did! Yuty and owl were almost out of meat.

Added more to their troughs, imprinted them, fed everything else that needed it, bred gigas and spinos (spino stays. Haven't compared stats yet but I think it's finally right.

Added 20 element to each gen, fed gachas until I got enough dust for 10 element and a bit over 800 shards.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Caballus mod map)

Finally had time to keep exploring the newly added caves. Went into the jungle/pirate themed one and got lost in there for three hours. It's mostly about reading clues, finding switches and completing a few skill tests. I got thoroughly confused and wasted so many grapples, but in the end did reach the artifact. Then realized the doors had closed behind me and I was locked in. Spent another hour or so going over each riddle again until I finally found a way back out.

With the Artifact of Growth I could finally craft the ritual BP to summon one of the three God Horses. These need to be tamed with map-specific diamonds. The plant themed horse appeared inside my fenced-in base and immediately spooked, then ran off a cliff and into a heavily predator infested valley at preternatural speed. Thankfully it calmed down before anything hungry saw it, and was tamed quickly. My nerves.

• Like 1

(Official, Fjordur) Went to (damn. Forgot name again. The volcano island) to gather some oil. Got a bit over three stacks.

Returned home, grabbed two beacons on my way there, nothing good. Fed dinos, put oil with hide into the forge and lit it.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike.

(Official, Extinction) Spent some time flying on my wyvern, chomping lampposts. Got a bit over three stacks of dust, uploaded them. Fed dinos.

(Officlal, Valguero) Gave the yuty more meat and imprinted him. Owl's adult, named him Cookie. Rearranged owls so that Cookie's the only male on his gacha, podded one owl because four per gacha is enough in my opinion. Bred owls, one egg stays (49 stam, because it's Cookie's and his mother's egg so other stam without mutation is literally impossible, plus weight inherited). Hatched last time's spino, exported stats, and yes, he stays. He's finally right.

Retrieved uploaded dust and made it into element, and also gave dust gachas 6 stacks of arrows each and stayed with them picking up crystals until they were completely out of arrows.

That's all, maybe for now, maybe for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!

Pretty new here and incredibly late to the ARK party. 

Picked it up for free on my son's Xbox (he left it at home and I decided to power it up) and now I can't get enough of it.

The good, it has rekindled my love for vidya games.

The bad, I slack on HW, chores and brushing out our dogs. Wait that falls under chores right?

Anyways I am at work and jonesing to get home to squeeze in just a few hours of ARK.

Currently have 3 Rexs I tamed and CANT WAIT to have saddles for all 3 of them. Just learned that if I kite alphas to them they shred anything that comes into their path.

A pleasure to join you all 🦤

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty, added more food to the trough.

Filled the maewing, hatched owl, put it with the yuty. Previously hatched spino, too.

Fed what needed feeding.

Made all my eggs into kibble. That's a lot of kibble! I rarely tame things, but better be ready. I mean, last time I used kibble was for a near-max level giga of all things,, so it's best to have lots in case my spontaneous taming is that of something big and serious.

Fed gachas.

Gathered some obsidian, made poly. Since I used the replicator anyway, also made all my shards into element.

Bred gigas, one egg stays. Clean female, all good stats inherited, I just decided it might be a good idea to replace current breeder females with ones with same stats as male. Just so that when I finally get a melee mut it won't be on wrong melee.

And that's all for today.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty, spino and owl.

And since there was low risk of sudden FPS drop (well. To be honest, the risk was low for a few weeks already - ever since I played around with settings until I achieved the point where 30-40 FPS is the norm, but the graphics still look pretty much the same), I made 120 grenades, took my tropeo and went to the trench.

Because seriously, it's been a long, long, LONG time since tropeos were added, and I haven't used them for their true purpose of epic aerial combat even once.

So I got there, and I attacked the first wyvern. 55.

And won!

And it turns out that while tropeo can't sprint while frozen, the boosting speed is still very much there and so is diving.

So keeping the distance until debuff wears off is pretty easy.

Next wyvern, 50.

Another win!

20... It had no chance.

And even a 185 died quickly.

Then I stole and egg, just because. 150. Checked it at home, it wasn't any good, but the very fact I for once stole an egg with something other than a wyvern is cool in my opinion.

That's all for now (or for today).

• Like 1

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, put the gasoline into the generator.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike.

(Official, Extinction) Looked for drops. Only found a yellow, did that. Got a 70+ armor megalania saddle, some dust and some polymer. And less remarkable loot only good for grinding for resources was there too, of course. Returned home, uploaded loot, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Added more meat to the tek trough in the raising corner. Imprinted babies. Gave gachas 6 stacks of arrows each, collected crystals. Lots of loot crystals today, unfortunately, so only got enough dust for 8 whole pieces of element.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted babies. Hatched the giga and podded her for later. Put all of yesterday's element (8 form gachas+1 from dust from Ext) to the generators.

Gave gachas a ton of stuff to eat, got enough dust for 18 element (pus some extra that I made shards from), 12 were spread between the gens, rest went into the vault. And gachas are all out of pellets now.

And that's all for today. Yep, not much.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted babies the yuty. Owl and spino are adult now, replaced previous breeders with them.

Took my previous spino breeder, made a hazmat suit, and went to check out the abb cave, sine I only went a bit inside before.

It's pretty alright, as it turns out. Radiation is only very deep, the whole place is huge and pretty well-lit, and there's even loot.

I suppose I might go in there again at some point, to catch a pretties spino, or maybe to get myself a karkinos.

Returned home and on my way there saw a level 25 giga. So I decided to give giga killing another try.

I took Abaddon and went back there with him. The wildie died quickly. Bleed glitched, though, showing effect but doing no damage, so it wasn't exactly a fair fight.

Returned home again, fed dinos. Added 10 element to each generator from vault this time - I decided to not feed the gachas today, let them keep the pellets they accumulated so far and only feed them again once they have a lot.

An that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Fjordur and Lost Island). After weeks of non-stop Fjordur I decided to finally raise some tusos Eggs I’ve had in the fridge for months. I went back to our old Lost Island server and set up a ocean platform.

While attempting to switch to my cryo’d Shadowmane I accidentally pressed RT on one of my Tuso eggs and ATE IT. Why is there no warning? Not even a “are you sure”? So now I’m down to raising one Tuso haha

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, elkwildfire said:

Why is there no warning? Not even a “are you sure”? So now I’m down to raising one Tuso haha

I thought that was fixed. I've seen plenty of warnings from trying to eat eggs. I wonder if some dinos fell through the cracks and don't trigger it.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike.

Official, Fjordur) Went to refresh the ow trap, spotted a 145 male owl, trapped, tranqed, went to get some prime meat, accidentally got my bat killed on a therizino.

Killed myself, respawned, got my second bat, retrieved my deathbag and the dead bat's saddle, killed two diplos for prime meat, made a sanguine elixir, even with that still had to finish the tame on normal raw meat...

And as I was leading my new owl to the ob I saw three ovis.

Yep, all I had to do was to look for meat in just a bit different direction and I would have a better tamed owl AND would still have my stronger sidebase bat. Uploaded owl, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the owl, named him Blueberry Cake, exported stats... 43 health and 41 weight! Glad I tamed him.

And now for the bad news. Eggvelyne the Slayer, my oldest dodo and second oldest living dino I had is no longer alive.

She starved to death because I forgot to move the dodos to the outer corner of their room when I got rid of the regular troughs on that end of the base, leaving only tek ones. I moved the surviving dodos into the trough's range, of course.

That was a pretty stupid death for a dodo that earned the second part of her name by joining other dinos in an attack at a high-level wild allo, surviving, AND landing the final blow.

I tamed a new female dodo, as close to her colors as I could find outside of an event, and named her Eggvelyne II.

Rest of my day in ARK was unremarkable: I moved the now-grown yuty to his spot, killed his father, and bred yuties. I also bred gigas and spinos. One giga egg stays (clean female, good stats iherited), rest cracked. Hatched the owl egg form the last time, podded for later. Fed gachas, got 15 element.

Sorry to hear about your losses AotAs.  glad you got a nice new tame.

we just added a server to our cluster.  we've been on Valguero, and we did a weekend on Fjordur.  after our weekend we were contemplating changing the server over to the map permanently, but opted to add it as an option.  we've been bouncing back and forth a bit now.  

with access to shadowmanes now i've tamed upa few of them and decided i'm going to seriously breed them instead of wolves.  should be fun.  i'm not giving up on my deinonychus though, i'll keep that breeding program going.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Big day today!

I fed the gachas and gathered their crystals, bred yuties, spinos and gigas, bred Blueberry Cake to Cappuccino (Cappuccino is the 49 stam owl) and the egg (female, no muts) stays because she got almost all best stats and just needs to be raised and bred back to her father for that extra point in weight.

I also added more element to the generators.

And then I decided that since I want better abb spinos some day, that some day might as well be today.

So I took rifle, darts, narcotics, kibble and pods and went into the abb cave.

I went there on my desmodus, and yes, it was a good idea. Great for disposing of both low-level spinos and any level karkinos. And anything else that displeases me by existing near me.

I sent about ten minutes looking for a good spino before finally stumbling upon a 130 female. Ugly colors, except for sail edge, but whatever. Tranqed, killed everything aggressive nearby, checked stats - and yeah, she was good enough to tame.

I left her to starve and started looking for any other high level spinos, only returning to her from time to time to feed her more narcs.

But I found none.

So, then I finally tamed her. And she ended up with 37 points in health, which is not great, but still way better than any abb spino I had before. Named her Green Bean and podded her.

And then I started looking again and 140! Okay colors! Female, but hey, I'll take what I can.

So I tranq that, check stats, yep, okay for keeping. I leave her to starve, well, not so much "leave" as AFK on the nearest mushroom tree, occasionally flying down to her to feed her more narcotics.

And the I finally tame her and that's 41 points in oxygen and 30 in melee. Now, I don't really use spinos underwater,, but it's still nice to know that there's enough oxygen for it to be an option. And that melee? Doesn't look like much, but it's still better than what I used to have. I named her Swamp Queen and podded her.

After some time of wandering around (I got lost) I went outside, started flying towards home, but wait!

There's a glimpse of silver and magenta.

Yep, a tek rex. Almost perfect colors, too, if it wasn't for that green spine.

Male, 174, and I still have enough kibble, darts, and even an empty pod.

So I tranq him. I check his stats. His stats suck. But 174, so if I get as much effectiveness as I can, he might end up being something good.

I give him some kibble and use an elixir on him.

And I go back home. I get there, I unpod my new spinos and an old, wild-tame male, I breed them. One egg stays - male, good stats inherited, clean.

I AFK some more, then I go back to my rex. He's nearly tamed, so I hunt nearby for a while, killing two alpha carnos and an alpha raptor. The rex is finally done, and boy, does that melee look unlike anything I've ever seen!

I export his stats, and holy sabertooth salmons!

That's 47 points! Other stats aren't all that great, there's decent stam (41 point) but that's it, and the dude somehow managed to get 47 points in speed, too, but for that melee I can forgive anything.

I named him Strongbite, podded him and went home.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) I didn't really feel like playing today, so there as no taming and not much hunting. I bred yuties, gigas and snow owls (two giga eggs staying, clean good stat females), fed dinos, hatched eggs form the last time (spino not staying, checked stats and I was wrong, he didn't get the good ones) and put babies (+one from the fridge. That's 1 owl and two gigas) with a maewing full of meat, made a ton of arrows and gave them to my gachas, and then spent some time AFKing, watching Bleach on my phone, only going to the gachas mid-episode and just before the end to gather crystals.

I got over 70 pieces of element like that, 48 split between my three gens and rest went into the vault.

By the time the gachas were out of arrows gigas were 2 and 3 -% grown with still plenty of meat in the maewing, so I think they'll be fine staying out.

That's all for now, I'll log back on in the evening to heck on the gigas and refresh the sidebases.

(Official, Fjordur) Gathered some blood, made parachutes and went to get a new bat. Lot the old one in the process, but tamed three so it's fine. Two higher level ones are staying as sidebase mounts and the third, low-level went to Valguero because her wings are a really nice color and nice stuff belongs on the main base.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the gigas and yep, doing juuuust fine. Imprinted them and the owl. Bred spinos (couldn't do it in the morning - forgot to turn mating off last time I bred them so females were on cooldown), eggs aren't staying. Downloaded the new bat.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Only logged on for a bit - topped up the tek troughs in the raising corner, bred gigas, yuties, spinos and owls (new owl is now grown, so bred her too). No eggs are staying. Hatched gga eggs from earlier and podded them for later.

Fed gachas a bit - just enough to get 8 pieces of element, 6 split between gens, two went into the vault.

And that's all for now.

Still (Official, Valguero) Checked on the gigas, imprinted them and added more meat to the tek troughs. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Again, only logged on for a short time. Topped up tek troughs, filled the maewing and unpodded two more gigas, I'll leave them out for the night. If they survive - cool, if not - won't be hard to replace. Imprinted the older two.

Bred spinos, yuties and gigas and one giga stays! Male, melee inherited and a mut on top of it, that's 38 points melee!

(unofficial Fjordur)

buddy an i flew down to the magmasaur cave and on the way i noticed X-triceratops for the first time.  very cool!  tamed one just because, and then saw that there are X-Allosaurus's.  those are what i've been breeding (no mutations yet) for boss fights, but i think i'm going to switch over to the x- version as they are pretty awesome looking.

• Like 1

(Caballus mod map) I re-did the Frozen Hotsprings cave since I wanted another artifact. With the notes from my first run, this one went very smoothly. The cave needs to be completed on foot and cryos don't work inside, all I had was a shoulder dimorph. The overleveled wolves and bears somehow were unable to destroy it, but just barely.

I then picked up my Glowtail project, which was not much fun. In the end I got good looking, strong ones in black and medium blue, but I made the mistake of going back to their spawn zone while the parents produced eggs. Of course I caught one that has one better stat but looks like dried leaves. I put it in the enclosure with the others but will pretend I didn't see that stat for now.

On the way back from the Glowtail spawn I swung by the Wyvern trench to pass the time and noticed a nest that was reachable on foot. It had a decent level egg, which in the incubator showed blackish purple and red-orange colors. Intrigued, I let it incubate. Then accidently cracked it. I debated with myself for a few moments if I should accept this fail, but then curiosity got the better of me and I killed Shootergame and went back a minute before the accident. And I'm glad I did. Turned out to be the most beautiful Fire Wyvern I ever had, with gorgeous contrast. I'm a weakling and a cheat, but in love.

(Official, Valguero) Topped up the troughs and maewing for the gigas. Imprinted gigas. Bred owls, one egg stays - health, stam and weight inherited.

Fed gachas a bit, only enough for 12 element. 9 split between generators, rest went into the vault.

In the evening will refresh sidebases, feed and imprint gigas again, and maybe feed gachas, too, but for now that's all.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, uploaded some dust I had.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, grabbed a couple of beacons (nothing good), refreshed the owl trap.

(Official, Valguero) Topped up the tek trough, refilled the herbivore trough.

Imprinted gigas, named younger ones.

Hatched owl, put more meat into the maewing and put the owl with it.

Forgot to download dust, but I can remember about it in the morning. And if not - it's just about a stack and a half, I can get that and more form my gachas, so not a big loss. That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Actually it was in a morning so early it was almost still night, I just didn't feel like writing right away but:

Refilled tek trough, bred spinos (one egg stays. I think it's good. I'll check later), fed dinos, retrieved the dust I uploaded yesterday. And for now that's all.

Topped up tek troughs, hatched eggs (yep, spino's good She's staying. Now just need to hatch one with other new one's stats but male).

Bred gigas and yuties, yuty stays (new mut, want to at least see it before killing it if it's not worth keeping)

Filled a maewing and put the new giga with it.

Fed gachas, all whole elements went into the gens today, only put shards made form excess dust into the vault. Decreased the gen ranges slightly (as much as I could without taking away power from anything).

Once new giga was 0.5% grown I podded him. Sure, all others are doing fine, but all others are just clean females, he's an actually important one, so I'; finish raising him once I don't have four other gigas hanging on the troughs.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Caballus mod map)

Explored the map on my Deinonychus to see if I'd missed any newly added mini caves. Instead the dino tracker mod indicated a nearly max level Bloodstalker in a tree. I never had one, so I very clumsily tamed it. I was ready to love it. I think the creature design is one of Ark's best, with the pneumatic legs and whatnot. But up close like that I really don't feel comfortable around it. It's too big and too twitchy and I have an irrational bad feeling leaving it around my passive tames. Did you also notice it pokes its proboscis into your neck while you're 'riding' it? What's up with that?!

Edited by riceandvegetable