So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos. And realized the event is over (pay attention to things to actually KNOW such stuff instead of learning about it after the fact? Leave it to people who aren't me!)

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, checked for drops (found none). The shadowmane is still there, took a closer look at it, and it really doesn't look all that cool - the way the mane is attached reminds me of the mix-and-match dinos from some mods.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. The mantises are adult and moved to the rest. Bred mantises, allos (only Perfection to Eyesore), gigas, sinos, tropeos, wyverns and argents.

Kept one giga egg (clean female) and one sino (weight mutation. Female, but I have some clean males so it's not a problem. Color is ugly, though - brown. Like, seriously, who the hell mutates to brown while belonging to one of the few species on my base that AREN'T killed for being too bright?)

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Pve official

Bred a few things, gigas just to have some back ups, ice wyverns, r-owls,  theri's and rex's.  Finally got a 2nd hp mutation on my theri's and it's taken a few rounds but got the good hp from my male rex combined with the good melee from a female.  So those two were keepers, my owls are very good now so I only bred one to imprint.  One of my ice wyverns is black with deep blue highlights and I love it. Pairing it has led to an almost solid black baby, will have to see how that turns out as adult.

During the event I went reaper hunting and the two I got from that just finished growing, a purple and a purple/tangerine event one, super happy with those.

Refreshed my little island fob and I realised my dinos there had a load of levels to put into them.  So I decided it was time to have a run at beta tek cave.  I had most of what needed already, just popped back to collect a new yuty and some soups/curries etc.  Went very well, beta overseer was beaten in about 1 hour after opening tek cave.  No losses and most of the team weren't that badly injured, alpha soon.

Back to gen 2 I went note hunting to start making use of those extra levels, saw a purple and a blue astrocetus on way back and got an urge to tame one.  So back at base I checked my vaults for a cannon (gotten from mission rewards) and made a few cannonballs, put this on a platform quetz platform saddle.  It was not a fast chase! But eventually I got the purple in range, turned the quetz around and fired the cannon, I expected the whale to aggro, instead it fled. I couldn't line up another shot and it despawned when the asteroids changed ☹. But the blue was still there, this time it worked, 3 shots later and one ko'd whale.  Felt pretty good to solo tame one.

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/BTHJ49Y2 Try to bring back my new Equus to herb on beginner server but two Leedsy eat my raft. Some time later we habe a perfect plan to kite away a Alphe Rex from carno Island... https://www.xbox.com/play/media/85VQCWRW (Xbox pve eu beginner server)

Edited by Austria

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos, uploaded a few net ammos and a bit of dust.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, gave wyverns a bit more crystal.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos (carnivores only), bred argents, gigas, mantises, allos, tropeos, wyverns and sinos. Only kept the giga eggs (both clean females). Hatched the eggs form the last time. Noticed that I forgot to disable breeding on the dodo male last time I bred dodos, good thing I play on official, and not on some super-boosted server - otherwise that would have resulted in more problems than just all my dodo females being on an unplanned cooldown.

Official PvE

So I got ark'd.  Wanted to tame some mantis so transferred to rag where I have a little outpost.  Decided to run the iceworm cave for the horns. I took a couple of high stat shadowmanes, giga and a good lightning wyvern. Ran through cave real quick, wasn't really bothered by loot although checked a couple of red crates only thing I kept was an asc scuba piece. Podded up the shadow and went to iceworm queen arena. But she didn't spawn for some reason, so just left and ran the cave again, this time she spawned and beat her with the giga. Nothing I wanted in the crates but I was really there for the horns so fine. Went to leave and killed by antimesh on leaving the waterfall 😑

Lost the lot, decent fur armour, all the tames (rip asc giga saddle) so I was pretty peeved. Got my backup flyer from the outpost and went to outside of waterfall just in case I might see a bag, but antimesh just straight up destroys everything iirc.  Luckily I don't take anything that isn't replaceable mostly, so I went and got some fresh tames and did the cave again. This time it was fine, got an asc fur chestpiece from one crate too. 

Onwards to the desert, I just cruised around until I found some decent mantis (that weren't being eaten by vultures, seriously small bug bite flyers are too strong, they just peck stronger things to death).  Eventually found a 145 male and two 150 females, taming went well.  Before leaving the server I visited the wyvern trench for some milk also got a 185 fire egg. 

Transferred it all back to gen 2 base, fed the baby ice wyverns and unpodded the mantis (2 days until they can breed). The fire wyv egg had decent health but 49 points in food!  Debated cracking it but decided that could be bred out so kept it. Bred theris and hatched some giga eggs, no mutations in the theris so cracked them all. Restocked maewings and troughs before logging off.

Successfully got back on, hopped on another shadow mane, and came upon my original shadow mane next to my body with the alpha leed circling them. I warp striked the leed hopped on Pink Panther (the original shadow mane) and one shotted it, because I forgot they are only level one. I solved the xbox over heating by putting an ice pack on it. I know it sounds stupid, but I kid you not, Ark started running smoother and the xbox stopped screaming.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) The shadowmane that was on my base is gone. Taken back by its owner, or maybe simply decayed.

Fed dinos, heard a drop and went to investigate - Blue! Defended it just fine. The loot wasn't particularly great, best thing were two stacks of hard poly.

nd that's all for today.

Haven't posted in awhile, so thought I would drop an update.   Lost Island has been a blast.   With the Sino I have been able to drop down from the tek tier and enjoy a little more primitive experience.  The new map has almost all the dinos one could want and is fun to explore.  I was able to find a breeding pair of unusually high level rexes and have been playing with breeding them.   I would never use them in a boss fight as they are too overpowered, but very fun for meat runs.

I was finally able to convince my girlfriend to play with me!  She loves fishing in games, so the valentine's event was easy to convince her to try.   She agreed to every other day now, so I spend one day prepping and planning  and the next day playing with her.  I have played nothing but solo since I started, so having a teammate is a nice change.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LordKel said:

I was able to find a breeding pair of unusually high level rexes and have been playing with breeding them.   I would never use them in a boss fight as they are too overpowered, but very fun for meat runs.

Similar, but different: I found some crazy high level rexes as well, but I will only use them for boss fights (and alpha genesis hunt missions).  Otherwise I will keep them cryoed - they are essentially little gigas.

Also enjoying the primitive life - it is nice to have a challenge again.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, did a small cementing paste run, bred gigas, sinos, allos, wyverns, argents, mantises and tropeos. Hatched the eggs form the last time and podded the results. Out of the new eggs two stay: 1 giga (clean female) and one argent (male, mutated but haven't checked on what yet, all good stats inherited, colors good too. Will be a new breeder).

Official PvE

Been focused on breeding, raising and imprinting last few days. Inbetween I finally managed to get the tranq missions on gen 2 done now that I can use a tek bow.

So today decided to have a run at alpha overseer. Put out a message in the server if anyone wanted to join and someone said they did.  He wasn't a bob but had never done tek cave before. I checked what he could bring, a really good rex and I'd provide some other kit, soups etc. Got him some appropriate armour and a better saddle from my gen 2 base plus a couple more tames. Explained the strat, follow my giga through the cave and then use your rex to munch adds in boss arena, tames will focus boss and I'm on my yuty.  

It went great, cleared cave in good time and it was alot fun to take someone through the whole thing when they were going in blind.  Overseer fight went well, constant dismounts and a few close calls but eventually he was down to next to no health. Then he morphed to dragon and focused me, my yuty was out of stamina and almost dead. I abandoned it and tried to fly up with tek suit but I got flamed and died! My teammate was still there though and my tames were still fighting, he was telling me the whole thing through coms. I got back to entrance and tried to advise as best I could. It worked, alpha overseer down and my teammate got the ascension. He even picked up my bag. I wasn't even upset at dying, I was just thrilled for him.  We only lost the yuty and one of my spare shadows I'd gifted him.  It felt like a great success and it'd been a blast to do it with someone else. Got to do it again for my alpha ascension but I don't mind, hadn't really lost anything.  Just need to bring a better yuty! Or watch the stamina better😄

• Like 1

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos, made a little bit of cementing paste. Yep, not much is going on on that base, as for now I got everything from it that I'm not too lazy to get.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, heard a drop, saw it, blue, but other player was already on the way there, so nope. Uploaded the loot form the previous one, as well as half a stack of dust.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, downloaded the loot and dust (still very happy about my tek transmitter. The one rex death that happened during the beta fight was SO worth it!). Hatched the argent egg from the last time, checked him using Smart Breeding - mutation is weight, with Pink Coloring on the underside. Yep, he stays.

Out of the new eggs, unfortunately, only one stays: a tropeo, male. Not sure what stat the mutation is on (I'll check after he hatches), but stats don't matter much on tropeos anyway for me - it's a "gotta go fast" dino, doesn't need to withstand damage or do much of it - just carry some weight, fly for a fair distance, and look awesome doing it. Wasn't the only mutation I got today, but the other one was a female giga with a speed mutation, which is just... no. Even though the color was either DarkWarmGray or MediumDarkGray on body (I don't remember which. If I memorized every color ID on every fail egg I crack or fail baby I kill,  I'd have no room left in my mind for anything else).

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred gigas, sinos, allos, wyverns and mantises. Kept one giga egg (clean female), cracked the rest. Hatched the eggs from the last time. Running out of space in the baby fridges, so unpodded and killed all the baby ice wyverns except for Goldspike - it's not like I was going to raise them anyway. My sino got 2 levels from that.

Also, remember that one time when I tamed a sarco, named him Wiggles, and decided to pod him forever because useless? Which happened on the same day when I last podded Alduin and Asha, only to discover next day that a rollback happened, so they were never podded and ended up starving? Today I checked the tribe log (no reason, I just do that sometimes. Occasionally discover things as a result) and now I know to what moment EXACTLY that rollback was: to the moment when I was testing Wiggles just outside my waterpen, a tiny bit out of its trough's range.

I know that now because that was the only time (Outside of the moment when he was freshly tamed) when Wiggles was out of any trough's range, but not podded, and since the thing I found in the tribe log was the notification of him starving to death, that's clearly the moment to which the rollback was. Also explains why I logged on to find myself dead that day - I was underwater with no SCUBA when that happened, of course I died!

So, that's a mystery solved, not that it mattered.

did alpha overseer solo official yesterday with 6 top rexes and 5 top theries (1 giga for the first part),

my giga took a beating along the way, started at 36k hp finished at 8k no rider bonus and 85 armor saddle

for the last part, the rexes did fine, theries finished almost unhurt thanks to the veggie cakes (4 each)

• Like 1

Official PvE

After many visits to valguero I finally found a deino saddle bp! I have a couple of premades from gen 2 drops but not enough. It was only an apprentice level with 40 something armour but I can work with it.  Also tamed two baboons while there, thought it would be a bit tricky but it wasn't that bad. No trap needed, once the alpha was ready I just walked around with them giving them mutton. The hardest part was finding a high level alpha female.  

Back on gen 2 I unpodded some babies, my magmasaurs finally reached adult so I bred them and the mantis. I mindwiped to full crafting and made 20 deino saddles, some rex saddles and a new shotgun (275 damage with crazy high dura 👍). Pretty pleased with the results. As I was effectively useless for the next 24 hours, I just refilled troughs, did some imprints, restocked the fridge with soups etc and made kibble. 

3 hours ago, Dinorancher said:

Official PvE

After many visits to valguero I finally found a deino saddle bp! It was only an apprentice level with 40 something armour but I can work with it.

today i've  ditched half a dozen deino bp on ext454 ranging from 40 to 60 you can find them if they are still there i put them in the city terminal in snow biome 18/88 location approximatively plus a bunch of other bps i don't need anymore

On 2/26/2022 at 4:53 AM, Dinorancher said:

Official PvE

So today decided to have a run at alpha overseer...Explained the strat, follow my giga...

Dinorancher, congrats to you and your friend. But, having read this I am hoping you can clear something up for me... Are you able to pod and un-pod dinos in the tek cave?  It sounds like you might have with the giga and didn't mention anything about using or training any other tames through the cave... I didn't think you could, and if so, that is a game changer for me. 

Me and my tribe mate tried the tek cave for the first time (on PVE) this past weekend and failed. She died from a lag glitch and I ran out of time trying to train a couple groups of theris down the path... got to final giga (just before changing from hot to cold) when time ran out.  But if pods work and there is no need to hassle with trains... wow! Time no longer becomes and issue.  Thanks for any more info you can give. 

• Thanks 1

you can use giga in the tek cave on official but cannot transfer it to the the final stage for the overseer so you have to pod it, then before entering the freezing zone you unpod your rexes or whatever dino you want to use

check that video for a general idea of what you need to do and where

Edited by L4D2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, L4D2 said:

today i've  ditched half a dozen deino bp on ext454 ranging from 40 to 60 you can find them if they are still there i put them in the city terminal in snow biome 18/88 location approximatively plus a bunch of other bps i don't need anymore

Damn, wish I'd seen this when I was playing last night lol! I appreciate the gesture though. I swear that the deino bp has been so hard to find. 

@Penguin73

As L4D2 has said, yes you can take a giga through the tek cave.  On alpha make sure its a good one though, mine is full imprint, 93 saddle, 36k hp and by the time the cave was cleared it was nearly half health. I put this down to the athropleura damage reflect mainly as most of the other stuff in there doesnt get a chance to attack.

• Thanks 2