So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I've watched a couple of videos on the Tek Cave, and one showed someone (Teach) gliding past the first part and then using a Tek Suit and Shotgun to do the second part from the air. Hopefully it's still a thing, because I'm going to try this over the weekend. The video is a year old, though, so I fully expect for something to have been patched and I jump off at the top of the first part and cannonball into the lava. Nearby Giga be like, "What's that dude's problem?" while the Purlovias pop out of the ground and ROFL!

(Official, Lost Island) Took down the stone pipes left from the decayed reservoir - when I'll make a metal reservoir, I'll install new, metal ones. 

Hunted, mostly for keratin. Killed an alpha raptor and an alpha carno - raptor because I wanted to, carno - because it was right outside my base so as long as it was alive I wouldn't be able to go harvest berries with my stego.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Checked on the wyverns - Lilac was low on crystals. Gathered more and fed her.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Tamed a level 10 tapejara just because it was stuck on my gate, but then killed it. Uploaded a stack of dust. Saw a drop nearby, but it was yellow so didn't try to defend it.

(Official, Valguero) Remember how the last post ended with me podding the babies? The babies two of which are gigas so take forever to raise, and other two - wyverns with such a specific combination of inherited colors and stats that it's a miracle I managed to hatch whole two of them?

Well, apparently there was a bit of a rollback, so the fact that I DID pod them was erased from history. They're dead.

The fact that I entered my house and closed the doors before logging off was, of course, also erased from history, so I logged on to a deathscreen, and had to start my day on Valg by crafting new armor and weapons (well, at least new longneck is the best I've ever crafted - 212%!) and unpodding my old sino (a former breeder male named Ched) to carry instead of Wings, because Wings also died.

After that I fed dinos, refilled the maewing and unpodded two fresh female baby gigas to raise, and bred gigas, sinos, mantises and, of course, wyverns.

I kept one mantis egg, everything else I cracked. Of course the wyverns didn't give me a new almost-full-gray all-right-stats baby because that would be too easy, apparently. Probably going to be weeks before I get a new one.

Hatched the ice wyvern egg from the last time, podded the baby.

Retrieved the dust, AFKed for a while because I wasn't really in the mood to play but had to let the new gigas grow for a little bit, podded them, went into my house and closed the doors, waited for some time just to be safe and logged off.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Something I forgot to mention the last time is that not just fresh gigas were unpodded for raising, but my second pink sino as well. And unlike the gigas, the sino was not podded at the end of the day since it eats non-spoilable food and not much of it. So I logged on to find it 98% grown, and imprinted it.

Refilled the maewing and unpodded gigas. Hatched the mantis egg and put the new mantis with the maewing.

Bred gigas, wyverns, and sinos, kept one giga egg, and cracked all others: no new mutations, no right color wyvern, no nothing.

Went to the loot cave to see if there's anything decent, nothing good.

Grabbed a few beacons on my way home, nothing good there, either.

Podded gigas and the mantis, and that's all for today.

PVE Official

Had a good weekend.  Bounced back and forth between Rag / Island / and Crystal Isles.  

A good part of the weekend has been raising babies. The triplet rexes that I will use to produce the next boss team are up to 83% mature.  I should be able to finish by tomorrow and hope to have a small pile of eggs to hatch by the time the valentine event starts on the 9th.

I switched gears on the yuty program and was able to combine the high stamina and high melee into one baby.  I have been trying to find a wild yuty with high health to add to the mix but no luck yet.  The best wild tame health stat I have right now is 36 points and that is not very good.  Stam and Melee are at 45 and 46 respectively. I can live with that as a starting point.  But the task of finding and knocking out as many high level yuties in search of health... continues.

Built a water pen on the Island to breed my basilos.  Waiting on the cool down timer after transferring them from Rag.  Probably a project for next weekend at this point.

Went to Crystal Isles and collected an assortment of artifacts and sent them to the island. Then ran around the island on the giga to collect tribute items.  

And spent some time improving the new island base and doing all the other little things in Ark life.

• Like 1

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos, crafted metal pipes, tap and reservoir and installed all that, so once again I have water on my base.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Heard a drop, went to take a look, but it was yellow, so didn't do anything about it.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred gigas, wyverns and sinos, hatched the gig egg form the last time. All new eggs were cracked: wrong colors and weight on the wyvern, no new mutations on sinos, and both giga ones were unmutated males. Gave bees more flowers. Will have to gather more soon - I'm almost out of them.

PVE Official Island

Late last night I set the basilos to breed and went to bed... Woke up this morning to a baby girl 😃 and for once I didn't mind the 8 hour pregnancy. 👍

My new rexes finally reached adulthood yesterday and my tribemate collected the first set of eggs.  It will be awhile before we get another set, so...

I Took one of the basilos out into the deep looking for alpha tuso or mosa.  I know you can get fishing poles from them and wouldn't mind having a decent pole before the Valentine event.  Never really tried fishing in Ark before and I probably should give it a try since it looks like some of the event prizes will be centered around fishing.  However, I didn't find any alphas in the time I had.  I will try again tomorrow.

TheIsland/Gen2 PvE

After my tek cave failure I took some time to raise some more boss fighting dinos annnnnd got distracted by taming some other stuff. So in between then now I'd tamed some different colour shadowmanes and have incorporated those into the breeding. So today I finally finished raising and imprinting the first batch that weren't just white or reddy white, which was nice.  Took these future beasts to the island with a decent yuty, 5 deinos and a giga for another crack at the tek cave.  

Went smoothly, giga cleared cave and was podded at the bottom then the 12 shadows, deinos and yuty were on the platform, we teleport and quick headcount, everyone is there except the yuty. I look round and see she is stuck on the outside of the observation window to the megapithecus arena. WTH?! How did she teleport there? Anyway plan A of riding her is out the window, couldnt whistle her in or pod through the window.  Plan B of riding my best shadow is up.  We press on and kill the overseer, only gamma but ascension done, gimme my 5 levels! The only loss was the yuty sadly but I already have more growing up. Retrieve the army, some are pretty bloody but alive, they were not really levelled so not too surprised. Left them to eat and heal at my little island base. 

Transferred back to gen 2 base and filled troughs, bred theris and finished a water pen to breed my basi's in.  Took a quick screenshot of all my noglins before logging off.

• Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Bred dodos. Nothing else was ready. One egg stays - male and a new mutation.

Found some decayed dedis, looted the stim one (partially) and the narcotic and chitin ones (fully). Got so much narcotic that it didn't fit into my vault, so made a few hundreds of tranq darts from the rest.

Gathered some rare flowers, not much. Didn't feel like going to the swamp, so just went to the nearest spot where they grow by themselves.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Same.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

I finally get around to trying the Tek Cave with no dinos on Gamma. After a brief sprint at the top of the first part, I jump and activate my glider suit. In hindsight, I probably should have practiced more with it first, as this is the first time I've ever used one. I keep hitting the ceiling, making the wings retract, and then I'm mashing the space bar to open them again. I try the sprint option, which drops my altitude faster and helps avoid the stalactites, but now I'm going too fast, find I can't make a turn, hit the wall and drop to the floor. Purlovias pop out of the ground like some Whac-A-Mole game gone haywire, and one of them gets me. I start blasting away with my shotgun, finally manage to get free, and with twenty percent health get to a ledge and jump off. A bunch of Allos, purlovias, etc. run off it after me and plummet into the lava below.

Surprisingly enough, I make it through the protective barrier at the bottom and start freezing. I switch to my fur gear and jet pack, down a Fria Cury, and turn to flip off everything that's behind the barrier. A couple of med brews later, I activate my jet pack . . . . It's not working. In the video I watched, the person was able to use it to glide through this part. So now, I'm wondering if it's going to work for the Overseer. 

After a bit of sightseeing, I enter the arena, and . . . my jetpack works! Woo Hoo! I'm hovering and unloading shell after shell from my shotgun into the Overseer. Occasionally, I have to pause to shoot down a few drones, but things are going well. He changes to the spider, and I take her out. I force him to change again, and it's monkey time!

I'm doing okay until I manage to get stuck in the ceiling for a bit. I drop to get out of it, and hit Shift to hover, and the monkey gets me with a rock. A number of armor pieces break, so I start moving away. For some reason, I can't drink med brews, so I decide to land. I have (had that is) my Tek Boots on, so I drop to see if it's just because I'm flying that it won't let me drink, and I end up killing myself . . .

That was nerve wracking from the start, heh. Anyway, I learned a bit at least. I don't have another Gamma dragon trophy, though, so it may be a bit before I try again.

Happy Arking, All!

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Yesterday's dodo egg hatched, new mutation didn't look exciting (as I said once before, I don't really remember what color region is for what on what, so actually seeing the dino still comes as a surprise), so I killed it.

Bred gigas, sinos, wyverns and dodos. No eggs were kept. One giga egg was with a mutation, but it was a female and the mutation was on stam of all things. Plus the color was boring.

Fed dinos, filled a maewing with meat, unpodded the baby gigas to raise them some more.

Killed things for the sake of killing things (to be exact, used my sino to fly around while shooting deinons and brontos with my pistol).

Grabbed two deinon eggs, 135 and 20. Cracked both after seeing the stats and colors: both were going to be ugly, and the stats were bad on the 135.

Made more tranq darts. I already have so many that I'll probably never use all of them, but still, nice to have a lot. Should make more gunpowder at some point, though.

Repodded gigas and that's all for today.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Took a wyvern and wandered around the map. Found a cave, entered, killed a purlovia, got attacked by another, left the cave. Might go there again at some point, but without fighting anything (dinos too high level. Would have to transfer something actually battle capable to CI for that, and that's just not happening) - just to take a good look around. It seemed nice. Grabbed a few drops, in one was a tropeo saddle.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

5 hours ago, Lemoon said:

Started to breed my tek rex, now on the hunt for a rex saddle, wheres the best place to find one?! currently playing on extinction but happy to travel. 

I found most of my previous Rex saddle BPs in the easy sea cave on The Island. When I started my latest SP game, though, the crates weren't spawning right in there. I eventually found one in the underwater cave on Crystal Isles. There are a lot of crates in there. Not sure if it's the best, but it worked for me.

10 hours ago, Chudz66 said:

I found most of my previous Rex saddle BPs in the easy sea cave on The Island. When I started my latest SP game, though, the crates weren't spawning right in there. I eventually found one in the underwater cave on Crystal Isles. There are a lot of crates in there. Not sure if it's the best, but it worked for me.

Sweet! i'll check it out, need to hunt down an ascendant giga saddle now as well, but first the rex is the most important for me and my partner. 

Pve Gen 2

Spent the weekend raising and imprinting, all sorts of creatures. Got consistent stats on theris and rexs, now to hopefully get some mutations.  

So today went to rag for a milk run, I always have quick look at the eggs too.  Recently on the server I use, I feel like someone has been doing egg runs but only taking good ones and leaving the others, as I've found multiple 20 - 30's. I cleared the low levels and found an alpha, killed her so that was milk sorted, then rechecked the nests and got two 180's a lightning and a poison.  On the way back to an obelisk I swung past some ice wyvern nest sites, one has a base on it and 3 were empty.  I did find a level 15, pity but thats the way it goes sometimes.  Also spotted a decayed base and raided some dedis of poly, ingots and over 10k of achatina paste.  Left some at my little milk run base and hauled the rest of my spoils back to ob to transfer home.  Pretty good field trip all in all.

Filled troughs, claimed and podded some newborn shadows and fed wyverns before logging off.

(Official, Valguero) Bred wyverns, gigas, sinos and dodos. Made EVEN MORE tranq darts. Just because.

Unpodded Mara (my only female tropeo) and bred her to Stripes.

Hunted things, first with a magma (for fun) then with a giga (to actually get meat for the troughs).

While hunting with the magma found out that it's not a great idea to keep magmas on anything but passive - in a misguided attempt at protecting me Hothead nearly killed me. So it's passive for him and the other two from today on.

Gave bees more flowers. They were almost out. Next time I'll DEFINITELY do a big flower run! ...If  I don't forget again, that is.

Now, about the eggs: one dodo egg stays (male, new mutation: yellow on the head. Old mutated color (powder blue on the legs) inherited), two sino eggs stay (both male, one green on 0, I forgot what's the other, but it too has something new), tropeo egg stays (clean female), one giga egg stays (clean female. Yes, I have a lot of those. But after that one time with a rollback I decided to keep all 21 point melee females again. Just in case). Everything else cracked.

(Gamma Overseer Quest)

I read that you can use cryo-pods to bring in extra dinos before teleporting to the second half. So the current plan is to level up and heal ten to fifteen of my extra rexes, then pod them back up. Ideally, I'm going to do better with the glider suit this time, un-pod the rexes before teleporting, and they will last long enough to distract the monkey boss, so he doesn't throw rocks at me while I'm floating above and wreaking havoc with my shotgun. So Doc Bubbles is working overtime on healing the ones I've had in cryo forever. 

Anyone can confirm that you can drop cryo-pods before the second part in SP? It would indeed be a bad time to find out that you can't. But, live and learn. 

Happy Arking, All! 

15 hours ago, Lemoon said:

Sweet! i'll check it out, need to hunt down an ascendant giga saddle now as well, but first the rex is the most important for me and my partner. 

Yes, definately check the water caves for rex saddles.  For Giga saddles I would head for the desert on Ragnarok.  I have found a ton of saddles and BPs in the red loot crates there.