So what did you do in ARK today?

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the baby featherlight. Alive, not out of food. Did a meatrun, put more meat into Thea and into the trough.

Fed some stimberries to my phiomia and filled up the dung beetles.

The combination of an extra structure and the golem put nearby on turret mode seems to be doing pretty well fr the in-base spawns problem - only saw one jerboa.

That's all for today.

Decided to give the squid another try because got some useful tips about them on reddit. Took Lilith to the Abyss, killed things, everything went fine, got her to 10000 health, even killed a level 20 alpha megalodon.

And found my turtle! Alive, and not hurt much, and with a flare gun firework skin in its inventory. Brought it home. It'll get a nice life by the trough, maybe even a name. The other four will still be baits if I ever decide to get a second tuso, though, unlike that one, they didn't earn a good life by surviving the Abyss.

The only downside is that turtles tend to become all blurry after getting podded underwater, so it looks like crap now and likely will look like that always, with its textures only properly loading very rarely and for a short time.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Yesterday I figured I’d try to get an R seed. Didn’t take any tames and only brought the bare necessities (food, water) because I figured there was a good chance something was going to eat me. I was fine until I got to the tunnel with all the tentacles then I was grounded and nomed. Went back a bit later after watching a video that showed some spawn spots before the tunnel. No luck, saw the respawn timer was 8hrs, and grudgingly left. Come on, I just want a meat tentacle lol

Maybe later on today after I’m done raising babies with my main. 

Yesterday evening we made some preparations to build a small base on Genesis 2 (main base on Crystal Isles). Today we started by making it with some basic utilities (beds, (cryo/)fridge, fabricator, vaults, etc.) Then we went off looking for a Mantis with some decent damage stat. (Useful to do so on Genesis because you can see the wild stats before you choose to tame them.) That was  a bit of a struggle because one of the two we captured didn't want to eat the second Deathworm horn, but in the end we ended up with some nice results (both a male and a female).

Later we went off farming some Element shards on Crystal Isles in the Eldritch Isle since we were running low, and the 3x harvesting makes it a lot easier.

Later we went back to Genesis 2 to find a higher damage Anky than the one we have right now. We found a nice one that was the opposite gender as the one we have, which is nice because now we can mate them for the good stats + imprinting.

Edited by iKore
  • Like 1

Ragnarok PVE

Finally finished raising my megatheriums and ice wyvern.  I celebrated by running the ice cave again and defeating the Ice Queen.  On the way home I flew over the murder snow and say a low level ice wyvern attacking some mammoths.  Only took a few minutes to find the nest and a beautiful 170 ice egg.  Boo Yah!

Shortly after, my partner logged on and we tried the Labyrinth.  Um, that didn't go so well.  Died twice.  But we had fun.

We turned our attention to the ocean and went after the Artifact of the Devourer.  Killed lots of squids and collected more black pearls than we could carry.  Both of us left the deep blue with the artifact.  Everything was good until I dismounted my favorite basilo back at the beach.  When I hopped off it bolted back into the water.  I have spent about 3 hours looking for it but no luck yet.  With 90k health it will last awhile and put up a good fight.  Nonetheless, I am worried I will lose it forever.  Keep fighting, UB 40.  And I will find you buddy. 

Well, I searched for Deinonychus Nests on Valguero looking for High Level Eggs with one of my characters, Put them into the Green Obelisk, Retrieved them with my main Character on Gen 2, hatched and imprinted them... Then I Started Breeding them, I now have a literal Army of 12 babies that I'm in the process of imprinting for... you guess it more breeding... that and I'm using this batch for working on Mutations 

(Official, Extinction) Logged on to find my trough destroyed, and one window and two walls damaged. Curiously enough, the porch (directly behind the now-gone trough) was perfectly intact.

Replaced the trough.

Finally uploaded the few stacks of dust I had laying around since forever.

Went to check the wasteland for easy drops and/or veins. Found none, not easy, not any.

But at least I got to see how corrupted dinos spawn for the first time! The whole "appearing in purple flakes" thing is pretty cool.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) The featherlight is all grown. Named her Glowstick, moved her to the coop.

Named the turtle Loyal. Yeah, not original, but the damn thing literally waited for me in the Abyss, not dying or anything, after I abandoned it there.

Retrieved the dust.

Fed dinos. That's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Uploaded a crossbow BP (one of my worse ones, but still a bit above 200%), a pick BP (153%, literally the only pick BP I own, but I barely use picks anyway), and a spare sword.

(Official, Extinction) Got all the uploaded items, crafted the pick, realized my craft skill is unaltered, so gathered ingredients and made a mindwipe tonic, now I have a bit less health and weight, but considerably more points in melee and crafting skill.

Went to look for easy drops and found a blue! And started defending! but had to abandon it on wave 2, because a meteorite shower started, and I don't want the risk of losing my rex to some flaming rock. So, no loot today.

PVE Official Rag,

Put out a few groups of dinos again for eggs today, but got nothing from it.  I don't know if anyone else if having trouble getting eggs lately but I sure am.

Spent a little time looking for lost basilo again.  No luck,  but no death message either so I am still holding onto hope. I will likely breed another basilo this weekend and start raising it if we have improved rates.  

Fast travelled to an outpost base to refresh it.

Did a quick metal run

That was it today.

(Official, Extinction) Looked for drops/veins (nope. I mean, yep, but not any of the difficulty I can do), then took two hatchets and a sword, and went to the forest to try for an element gacha (starting to doubt exitance of element gachas. Well, not really, because players have them, but still). Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Podded Apocalypse (ember wyvern that I had on turret mode for extra protection) and replaced him with Ruby (blood wyvern), since she has better range, even if her melee isn't nearly as good. Plus her being out will serve as a good reminder that I should get a blood wyvern male at some point.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, gave wyverns some more crystals.

Today my friend and I spend the majority of the time gathering resources. Last week we were able to trade for a high weight Argentavis. This makes gathering resources loads easier. Combined with the x3 gathering from the Evo Event, we were able to gain quite some resources. Over 150k stone, 100k wood, 100k metal, 60k crystal and 30k obsidian.

Also spend part of the day feeding the Gacha's hoping to get some loot while listening to some podcasts. Wanted to have some decent armor to transfer to a new server. Or rather an old server; The Island server we played on over a year ago. (Having our main base on Crystal Isles now.)

A/N: I'm a very casual PvE player; never beaten any bosses, only done one cave (and failed), and I always get bored before I get to breed boss tames.. Today I decided that I was finally going to beat the bosses and ascend the island - if all goes well, scorched, abberation, and extinction follow. This will all be done solo on official servers and I wont be trading/buying high level dinos to skip parts of the challenge. I'm allowed to travel to the custom arks but not story arks.

Day 1 (Official PvE, Island) :
Started out by doing a note run, thankfully all the note locations i needed to hit werent blocked by gates/pillars/bases. Then continued on to Footpaw and made a raft to get around with resources easier. Built an ugly wood box on it. Tamed a passing moschops and named him Duke. Claimed a blue drop and got some apprentice ghillie boots and an apprentice doed saddle! Tamed a lvl 20 iguanadon and named him Igloo. With my starter tames set, I pushed onward to the next location.

We drifted across the river (dodging the spino massacring the local fish population) to the small metal mountain. I spent a while just messing around, gathering materials, furnishing the inside of the raft box, crafting narcs, and admiring the builds along the water's edge. I now have a smithy, pres bin, a forge, and plenty of storage.

The server seemed pretty active. I saw a lot of mutated wyverns, gigas, and rexes going about their business along the river. Stole a purple drop from one of the giga riders (they wont miss a grenade BP). While I was gathering a level 55 ptera landed on my head. Ever the opportunistic survivor, I knocked it out and prepared to tame it. With 3x evo it wouldnt take long by raw meat but I didnt want to wait 20 minutes, so I hopped on Igloo and whistled Duke to come with. We headed down the beach toward the swamp in search of snakes for prime. Pretty quickly I found that igloo was NOT equipped to handle snakes, so Duke stepped up and ate them up like spaghetti noodles, harvesting just enough prime to tame the ptera.. Which was rapidly running out of torpor-

As we hurry back we are backhanded violently by a surprise tickle chicken. Big bird is fast, but Igloo is faster, we keep running. Unfortunately Duke was not able to keep up. There was nothing I could do this early in the game but watch him get his ass beat, so I was resigned to losing my first tame as well as the ptera since we wouldnt have the prime meat. Then from the bushes, a raptor, heading straight for Duke. It went in for a bite.. and accidentally munched the theriz instead, successfully drawing the aggro off Duke and allowing him to escape. We get back and I place Duke safely inside the box raft to recover. I name the ptera Beaky. We fly around the southern parts of the map looking for somewhere to build that has water access for the raft. Obviously finding nothing. We return to the raft disappointed.

I had enough of the current location and head further east, parking up the opposite side of metal mountain. Start upgrading the foundations and lower walls to stone. I'm going to have to move us further inland, possibly into the outskirts of the swamp, if I want to find somewhere more permanent to settle that isnt pillared. I'm not prepared to go yet though; none of my tames are strong enough to take on the dangers lurking there. So me and Igloo get to work preparing a taming raft for safely knocking out larger creatures. After a while its done, we lure a local angry bird (theriz) into the trap and sail it back down toward the base raft, knocking it out when we get there. I head further east to explore a neighboring base and spot a lvl 65 trike, which I also lead back to the raft. Once both were tamed I named the theriz Stabbyhands and the trike Stabbyface. Face has awful HP so thats what I will be levelling. Hands is my strongest current tame. She's still pretty squishy and needs to level up her HP and DMG tho. We go on a tour of the southern islets killing almost everything in our way and collecting a couple notes. In the end I got her up to 5k HP and abt 200%~ DMG. Decent for now. On the way we met a level 85 terror bird, which I named Nugget. The more tames we have to face the swamp, the better! And from experience they can be super annoying to kill, so she was a good early addition to the team.

Getting ready to call it a day at this point , happy with the progress, but I decided to do a quick sweep of the area for base spots. Hands and I travel northward from the metal mountain, toward the swamps, and find a small plot of unoccupied land. Its teeming with hostiles but a theriz does not aggro them thankfully. I leave and return with pillars to claim the land so that I can begin to populate it the next day. Everyone is fed and I relocate Beaky and Duke into my base raft. With everyone tucked in , I log off for the night.

PVE official

Took a second character to Crystal Isles for the first time. Built a house boat and puttered around the southwest rivers for awhile. Tamed a very pedestrian level 95 ptera for scouting... and found some artifacts that I heard were easy to find.  And I was so happy to get them because the Labyrinth on Ragnarok is kicking my butt.  🥴

Found a 135 blood wyvern egg while going after the artifact of the devious (? I think) and somehow managed to get away from three wyverns by flying through a ravine full of griffens.  Got back to the boat and started heading toward the green obelisk.  As soon as I hit the deep water I was ambushed by a leedsichthys and lost everything.  LOL, good times. 6 artifacts and my first blood wyvern egg... gone. 

I loaded up my main character on Rag and tamed a pair of 135 pteras and a 150 dire bear that were all pretty close to each other.  Maybe the ark gods were feeling bad they killed my boat.  Anyway, they tamed up real quick with the 3x rates and I slapped on some saddles and uploaded them into the red obelisk.

Went back to my survivor on C.I. and loaded myself into the redwood biome in the NW corner this time.  Decided to take a different approach to starting out and made my way to a beach in the far north and built a small house.  3x rates helped with that too. 👍 After I got myself settled I found an OSD to download the three tames.  It seems Crystal Isles is more of a flyer map than a boat map anyway.  It honestly wouldn't be bad for boats but many of the rivers are blocked by bases and navigation is much more of a challenge.

Spent a little time just scouting around and looking for a nice spot to build a slightly more permanent base.  I am really impressed with the beauty of the map.  And just as soon as I find the perfect spot.... I change my mind because I find a better one around the next corner. lol.  My tribe mate from Rag has also joined me with a new survivor on C.I. so we can start the new adventure together.  I have also sent several artifacts back to Rag now and we have what we need to fight the bosses there.  So much to do in the next couple weeks. 😃

(Official, Extinction) Logged on to find my dung beetle fighting a level 20 enforcer. Beetle won. Looked for drops, only found a red and a yellow - great, except that I can't do anything other than blue, so they were totally useless for me. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Gave gachas some stone, so now I have a few stacks of obsidian in my vault instead of sad 30 pieces that were there before.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Logged on, checked my inventory, found two pods in it. Still with some time left. Realized I haven't done anything there in a long while, so grabbed taming stuff, made some foundations, walls, and ramps, and went to the desert to get myself a ravager or two. Found a beached tuso, level 15, killed.

Trapped three ravagers, one was decent level. Started tranqing. A daeodon entered the trap. Had to knock it out, and there went my darts, had only arrows left.

And then the decent ravager ate his way out of the trap because I didn't feel like gathering stone, so built out of wood.

Tranqed the two remaining ones, a level 15 female and a level 20 male.

Tamed them (mix of prime and regular raw meat). Podded, uploaded.

Returned home, gave wyverns more crystals.

(Official, Valguero) Got the ravagers. Named them Ugly Dog and Other Ugly Dog. Yeah, I'm not very creative today. Made saddles for them. Tested them on the few dinos that spawned at my base, and they're not bad. I mean, I won't ride them outside, but they can be used to take care of weaker creatures. After some leveling maybe even raptors.

Fed dinos.

Don't feel like touching (Official, Extinction) at all today, so it'll wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

No rollbacks, not even any crashes for me today so I decided to move my Stryder from my old base to my new one. The trek between the mission terminal and the base is usually full of all manner of riffraff so I first walked over there with my giga, easy peasy. Get the Stryder, get back to the base. Walk my Stryder up my tek bridge (two wide, that was fun with lag). Went back down, deactivated the bridges and podded the giga. Aaaaaaaaaand game crash. Of course it couldn’t be before I podded the giga so at least he’d be there to watch my unconscious back. That was almost half an hour ago and still can’t get in. Server is no longer listed so that might mean a rollback. Because of course. This one feels personal lol

Before that tamed a direwolf, rex, and yuti. Didn’t set out to but they were there and either had nice colors or were high levels. And here I was glad to no longer be tempted by all the adorable maewings around, sigh. 

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Looked for drops! Found! Blue! Close! But my stupid rex decided that it's pooping time, and because of that I was late and some dude on a wyvern got it instead (or at least got to it. Pretty sure the time between arrival and drop's disappearance was too short for it to be a successful defence, even if each wave was dealt with really quickly). Looked for more drops, got nothing.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Decided to get a proper ravager, one that would have uses beyond sitting at the base and doing nothing. Built a trap, stone this time. Killed things. Lured a level 90 giga into the water so that I won't have to worry about it. Guess how many ravagers of ANY level I saw today, while fully prepared to tame them?

None.

Returned home, logged off, maybe will try again later.

Went to the desert again. No ravagers. Found a 145 direwolf female and rage-tamed her. As I was getting prime meat, I spotted them. 4 ravagers. 3 were nothing special: 20-50. But the pack leader...

140, male, with black back.

Awesome!

The wolf finished taming, I took her out of the trap and put her on a cliff for safety. Whistled my wyvern to follow and went back to the ravager pack.

Shot one of the weaker ones (bullet, not dart, obviously) to draw their attention, got two (leader included!) into the trap.

Killed ones outside, killed weaker one inside.

Tranqed the leader, took a long time and a lot of darts. Grabbed the wolf and went to the nearest beacon to upload her.

Went to get prime.

Got some prime, but then spotted an ovis, so threw all the meat out and killed the ovis instead.

Got back to the ravager, gave him the mutton, and after some time he was mine.

Uploaded him and returned home.

(Official, Valguero) Took two pods and went to retrieve my newest tames form the nearest beacon. Brought them home and unpodded, named the wolf Howly and the ravager Fang.

Took Fang and Ugly Dog on a hunt. Ugly dog died, but that was pretty expected - that's why I took him, and not Other Ugly Dog (can't sacrifice her - she's my only female ravager). Fang is pretty strong.

Fed dinos, refilled beehives (will have to get more flowers soon), logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1