So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Spotted a 145 R-Reaper Queen on the map so decided to gear up and go get preggers.  Got to her location, placed down my dino gates and... lost her to the map. Despawned under my dino gate trap!!

Decided the game cheated me so it warranted me cheating it, used admin commands to spawn in a new queen with same level.  Got preggers, killed some alpha raptors for XP, gave birth... IDIOT!! Spawned in the WRONG variant, standard Reaper King born.  Destroyed the wrong baby, returned to Rockwells hell hole and re-spawned in the correct R-variant queen.  Kited her to same place, used same trap, preggers again!!

Was a real fight getting back out, my tek backpack/chest broke in there so there was no option of flying back out using Tek Suit until I managed to uncryo my Maewing and escape.

Gained XP, went to rest, gave birth.  Yay, correct variant.  40 minutes for care, I might as well do a race mission.  Race mission complete and still time to spare, I'll try the Beta Bulbdog hunt.. got too close, Megalosaurs broke my tek suit, grounded and with the tek bow armed only in tranq mode.. died.  Re-spawned at base to find my baby reaper starved to death.  Guess it serves me right for abusing admin but took it as a sign the timing wasn't right and gave up on Reaper for now until a good level spawns naturally again.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred fire wyverns, unpodded fire wyvern babies for some raising, bred gachas, found out that both ice wyverns I have out (Topaz Thorn and Frozen Soul) had mating enabled. And were close enough for the last few days. Had two oops-eggs as a result. Well, into the hatchery they went together with planned Fire one. Killed an alpha rex and an alpha carno. No chibi. Used wyvern (Habanero, the fire I currently use. At the moment he's best stat/looks one I have).

Learned grapple engram, spent some time swinging around the base and outside a bit, tried to kill a rex with a sword while grappled to it, went fine until it dropped and a deinon got me.

Wyverns hatched, both Ice eggs hatched into females, same colors, one 150, other 140-something. Killed the weaker one, podded 150. Fire egg hatched into a male, same as the one I already have. Killed.

Got a maewing! Like, I know I said in one of the previous posts that I tried Gen2 critters in singleplayer and wasn't impressed, but a player was giving away saddled maes, so I decided to grab one, especially since my SP test was from the perspective of my way of playing in SP: not much breeding/raising, a lot of riding/hunting. In that field maes did not impress me.

But on server I have few dinos I ride, no need to seek a replacement for them... And I also have a fridge near-full of babies that I barely ever feel like feeding.

And from the perspective of a player with lots of baby dinos and not much desire to spend hours looking after them the maewing, as it turns out, is really, really neat. I named it Thea.

And now that I have a glider-platypus-cow to look after my stupid dino children for me, I finally sorted my baby argies!

They got temporary names from A1 to A6, just to differentiate them. Then I exported them and checked stats in Smart Breeding, then I killed off two of them, one for having same mutation on same inherited stat as another one, and the other - for not being mutated at all.

That left me with A1 (weight mutation, 41 points), A3 (melee mutation, 33 point), A4 (stam mutation, 40 points) and A5 (health mutation, 45 points).

I let Thea feed them for some time while waiting for gachas to give birth. Once that happened, I checked the production on gacha babies (no dust again), killed them, podded argies and wyverns, disabled nursing on Thea, and logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Refilled Thea with meat and enabled nursing, unpodded argents and thyla, bred wyverns and gachas, unpodded fire wyverns.

Put new wyvern egg into the hatchery.

Took Death of Bugs, hunted for chitin.

Made new armor, old's broken. Attached glider.

Went fo milk, only public trap was occupied, stole 175 fire egg, returned home. Put egg into the hathcery.

Went for milk, trap still occupied, grabbed an ice egg (180 I think? Don't remember. Good level), returned home.Put egg into the hatchery.

Got disconnected. Logged back on, argents and thyla juvies, moved all into trough range, refilled trough with meat.

Unpodded a baby giga just to see how Thea would do with THAT.

Went for milk. Finally got milk. Returned home. Giga alive. Fed wyverns.

Went to hatchery to just sit there wait for eggs. Server crashed. Now waiting for it to come back online - everything I have out is important (except for giga - less than 1% grown, at stat stage I can just breed a new one and not lose much).

Server came back on. Claimed and checked gacha babies (no dust, all killed), waited for wyvern eggs (fire female, no black/gray, but 39 points in health and 37 in weight - better than my others have, stays, ice female 185, stats okay (but nothing great) but ugly colors, killed).

Podded babies and juvies, fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Figured I would start adding to this great discussion a) to start adding my post count to get into the trading forum, b) to maybe get some insight into other things I could be doing, and c) I miss writing. So the introduction. I am Bladesong88 and I play official on Xbox. I'm part of a tribe more often than not called Nomads. At our peak we had 7 active members, but for the most part there were four core members and we all had our specialities. One guy was our main breeder/trader, one was our builder, the third was our main resource gatherer, and I did the taming and cave running. Now we are down to two active members (our builder and me hence wanting access to the trade forum). Right now we are active on 1505 Crystal Isles and 1544 Gensis 2. Though we have some leftover dediboxes on 470 The Island. My favorite thing to do on Ark is cave running, taming, and some breeding. I'll actually start tomorrow with the what I did today in Ark because I'm doing this all on mobile and I feel like this is a wall of text. 

Setup a new base on Gen2!

I can't express how much fun it is to have so much element. It feels so ... decadent ... to always runthe Tek Gen at max radius. :)

I built the new base in Tek in the Rockwell side at the far end of the trench. It's my second base on this map, with the main crafting base on the Eden side.

We lost our Tek Skiff to a space crash/rollback. The bed on it showed in the respawn map, but when respawning it could not be found. So we said "them's the breaks" and made a new skiff. But, the next day, my buddy respawned and saw the skiff... and was able to recover it. So... 2 skiffs. We keep one at each base now.

I also tamed two space dolphins, which was far easier than I anticipated. However, even though I have the saddles from a drop... I am not the level needed to use the coolio jet on them... so they are just for the pretty. I'll get there.

I really need to power through some missions. 

After a very rocky start, I'm pretty satisfied with the server I chose. Yes, ARK gotta be ARK... but I can live with it.

I'll be letting my Island base go this week. And I intend on downsizing the extinction base to just the Skiff and a landing pad with a transmitter. Gen2 and Crystal are now my mains.

Yesterday was a good day.   Went looking for event dinos and found several that were at max level.  I believe I have a thyla problem as I tame two or three every trip.   I then added on to the main base on Rag.   Added a nice breeding/hatching room with windows to give the dinos something to look at instead of face to the wall.    One final run for drops before bed and I found a red and black rex to add to my stable.   Low level but it's one more color to work with to add to the line.

Ah, I know it says what you did today, but I'm gonna tell you what me and my friend acomplished in the past week or so.

So, it all started on Crystal Isles. Nothing special. Just got us two Crystal Wyverns, me a Vulture, a Dung Beetle, two Jerboas, and a Lystro. Had a raptor, but was killed by Alpha Megalodon while crossing a river 😞

After that, went over to Ab to get stuff over there. I set up our base, tamed an awesome level raptor, 435 to be precise, and got to work. Collected all the resources I could before it was time for a Rock Drake. My friend finally arrived with an Aberrant Spino, and took the liberty to dive into that hellhole and after many failed attempts, he manages to get a good level one. While he raises it, I take the liberty to tame a 435 Karkinos. Named her Karen, for obvious reasons (because Karkinos are Karens in their own way) 😂.

So decided to take my Karkinos and look for a Reaper. Found a 435, but accidentally killed her. So, decided Karkinos is not the best option to try and get a Reaper. So, waited till my friend's Rock Drake was finished where I took her down to look for one. After many, many, many, MANY failed attempts to try and get one, one with almost getting his Rock Drake killed and accidentally falling to the Red Zone, I finally manage to get a 420 Reaper, and it was about time. We were ready to get off that Hellhole of a map. So, after raising up my little Reaper, named him Xenomorph btw, since you know, they basically based the Reapers off of them from the Aliens movies.

So, after getting him to the juvenile stage, it was time to move on to Extinction. After searching around for a while for a gosh darn drop, I transfer over to Extinction to at least get a base set up before I get off for the night. My friend heads back to Crystal to get things situated over there and also to go to Valguero to get some Deinos. I take Xenomorph to finish growing him up and Karen to help defend the base, while also help gather and carry resources.

Soon, Xenomorph finishes growing up, finally, and I take him out to level him up so he can be an unstoppable killing machine. (We're on an unofficial PvE, btw. Btw, to people who are reading this and are on Xbox, if you don't know, the Reaper Roar is by pressing RB on Xbox, which is what many people struggle with :P) Anyways, after leveling him up, it was time for me to go.

That brings us to yesterday. So, my friend got two Velo's, but they're sadly low levels. My next goal is to get two high level Velo's, male and female, to breed a Velo army. Me and my friend were also supposed to go supply drop hunting since my Reaper was finished growing up since he'll be basically the juggernaut :P 

But, it was halted by me wanting to get a Managarmr. So, after hours and hours of searching a high level one, we finally find a 450 female, which is max level on the server! 🙂

It was such a relief, because all the other ones were low levels. So, after we get the Managarmr, named her Azura btw, it was time for me to go. So, to those who read this, hope you enjoyed my story.

Next time I get back on, we're gonna kick names and take ass (LOL, it's really take names and kick ass, but ever since Mantis said it on Avengers: Infinity War, it's been stuck in my head, and it's so funny 😂 (If you've ever seen Infinity War :P )) as we're gonna take Xenomorph and do some boss battles/supply drops before we head over to Genesis Part 1 where we're gonna do some Missions and hopefully get a Ferox or two, along with some Magmasaurs and an Astrocetus. Don't know about a Bloodstalker or Megachelon, but we'll see :P

Until next time, (if there is one :P) stay tuned, have a good day, and take care! 😄

Edited by Dinofan2580

Playing on official gen 2. Yesterday i started to build my new base, on an Ocean Platform besides my old base... planned to demolish the old one... il spend hours for it and its not just a square or block... its not entirely my design i took a build from youtube but it took alot of time... and effort

Today i finished it... after i noticed i can't place a cooker "Can't place structure to high above ground." i was allready not that happy... and somehow convinced myself to deal with this... the Pipes i thought... yeah sucks but... whatever...

Between here and there i got Pregnant with a juicy 150 Reaper Baby... i still have no idea how i explain this to my Girlfriend... :D

Later... il wanted to start with the interior, so i started placing stuff... the first Tek Dedicated Storage... wasn't a problem... the second one on the other hand "Can't place structure to high above ground." this kind of broke me.. i can place the Dedi storage freehand but not snap it.. i can place each amount aslong they didnt snap... this causes something to snap inside me... it broke me... il spend hours and hours and its all wasted i can demolish this... i think im done for good now... 

And jeah i know why the Water on this Platform is to deep so i can't even build these on the Platform itself... atleast this is my theory but still this sucks... and its totaly stupid... or should i say its totaly Wildcard...

Edited by Lordpav

So after a mad taming spree on the "last" day of the event I log off to see the event extended.   I'm going to have to make a new base/holding pen for all these colorful dinos.

I decided to do one quick run of gacha breeding before logging off.   1 male and 5 females.   Babies popped and before I had them sorted the gestation timer had started again. (Boosted single player).   Kill off first round of babies and what do I find in second round?  Nor one but a mated pair of element gachas.  Podded em,  killed off the rest and went happily back to base to raise em up.

My tribe took a big step into a new adventure. We decided to merge with two solo player tribes with the idea of one day becoming the alpha (or beta) tribe on our server! It's such an exciting thing to happen as I was getting bored but my/our experience has completely changed.

We also continued our prep for a yard sale with myself mass breeding argentavis and megalania. I stayed up most of the night because those lil babies were hungry! And finally, as we spent over 1200 stacks of ingot, I decided to fill up 7 forges (thanks stryder!).

Just when you think you're finished on ARK, a new opportunity and challenge arises. So happy right now.

So the past two days was spent using the most of what I thought was the end of the event.

Gensis 2) Mainly hunted down alphas for prime meat. Breed our 2 gigas. Unfortunately all had the low level stats so will be turned into kibble. And our builder was able to talk some servermates into making us a skiff. And the tribemate of the guy gifted us a female baby shadowmane. Finally have our cloner and teleport going so cloning our female giga (so we can make more than an egg a day) and plans to clone the shadowmane so it can breed with our male.

Crystal Isles) About two weeks ago our bases got arked hard. Was a day behind refilling all of the generators. In that day every cryofridge except for 5 lost 30 days of use. So pretty much all of our breed lines gone.  We had lines of Gigas, Therizinos, Thyas, Rexes, Blood Wyvs, Lightning Wyvs, Argies, Featherlights, Yutties, Otters, Ankies, Basilosaur, and my pet project of Dire Bears all lost. Thankfully of those 5 cryofridges were my everyday use dinos, our breeders personal cryofridges, and a cryofridge of Rexes. Between eggs I had put up waiting on the event and what was left between the leftovers I have been slowly rebuilding some of what was lost.

Yutties, Rexes, Gigas, and Wyvs have had all the females of acceptable stock hatched while the males have been put up for imprints. I have 3 cryofridges full of babies that will be raised. And have to say without the filtering of the incubator and not having to babysit because of Maewings I wouldn't have even tried to recover. They are such a game changer when breeding.

That's it for this wall of text. I promise the next reports will be shorter lol.

(Official, Valguero) Filled troughs with meat and berries, did same to Thea the maewing.

Bred gachas and wyverns. Threw the egg into the hatchery.

Unpodded wyverns, thyla, and argies (they got actual names now, the females are Meela (the melee one), Star (that's the stam-mutated one) and Carrie (weight mut), and the male (realized he got no mutation, just health inherited form mother but 45 points is 45 points) is Hyacinth). Those, with the obvious exception for the wyverns, eat from the troughs.

And for Thea to feed were the nameless baby giga, an ankylo, a mammoth, and a procoptodon.

Then I just hunted, wandered around, crafted polymer (because it's always a good thing to do), or AFKed in the hatchery, waiting for the egg.

The wyvern hatched and, as always, only got gray form one of the parents (form mother, to be precise). That's unacceptable, so I killed it.

The giga wanted her first imprint, and got it (I remember her (and Phobos'. They're same) melee on hatch, so even if wasn't using Smart Breeding, it still wouldn't mess things up).

The gachas, as always, no dust and killed.

Podded a few dinos I'm not using, into the fridge they went.

Podded babes/juvies.

Logged off.

Will check on the sidebases later.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Briefly thought about going for a mantis, since rhino horns can be used for them now, but decided against it: unprepared at the moment (I plan on doing it same as back when I tamed mantises on SE, and that requires not only the food and pieces for the trap, but also a bird and at least one cryopod).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Haven't done much since the last check in. Did a few of the hunt missions on Gensis 2. Didn't really get anything good, but I did get a purple titanosaur saddle. I didn't know you could get those.

Other than that we cloned our gifted female shadowmane after having it mate. It birthed another female so we are slowly working on building an army of them. 

On 7/15/2021 at 3:12 AM, AllOfTheAllos said:

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Briefly thought about going for a mantis, since rhino horns can be used for them now, but decided against it: unprepared at the moment (I plan on doing it same as back when I tamed mantises on SE, and that requires not only the food and pieces for the trap, but also a bird and at least one cryopod).

Definitely recommend doing it while the event is still going. I tried to prior to the event, during a 2x weekend, and even though I fed it as soon as I was prompted (and had it in a box so the crotchety butt wouldn’t go pick a fight with a vulture), the rhino horns didn’t give it enough food and progress would rapidly start dropping at the halfway mark. I was able to tame several during this event though, easy peasy. Not sure if it’s because they fixed it or because of the increased taming speed. 

(Official, Valguero) Uploaded two podded dinos: Aquamarine the ptera (she has decent (for a ptera) health and stam, and wears a 73 armor saddle) and Bloodwind the blood crystal wyvern (decent level, decent stats, but I'm not attached to him),

(Official, Crystal Isles) Retrieved Aquamarine and Bloodwind, crafted parts for the trap (later it turned out I was three walls short, but I simply gathered some wood and used wooden walls where I didn't have enough stone), killed rhinos until I had 12 horns (1 extra just in case), went to the desert... First mantis group I spotted had a 150 male in it! So, that's where I set up my trap.

Then I killed off the extras, went up onto one of those cliff-things, unpodded Aquamarine, lured the mantis into the trap, back to the cliff, repodded her, took Bloodwind, and started taming.

It was pretty uneventful, aside from a heir flying uncomfortably close at one point (uncomfortably close means "close enough for me to see it". I just don't want those things anywhere near me, even if they're not close enough to aggro).

The mantis ended up being level 223, with 27 points in health, same in stam, 35 in weight, and 36 in melee. Unfortunately, his highest stat (40 points! 40!) is oxygen, but he's still heaps better than the mantises I had before.

Podded him, uploaded him and Aquamarine. Bloodwind will stay on CI, I gave him some crystal to eat.

After I podded the mantis, I replaced one of the trap's walls with a doorframe, installed a door and unlocked it. Didn't feel like destroying the trap, so decided to at least make it usable for others until it decays.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved Aquamarine and the mantis. Aquamarine went back to the fridge. Mantis is out in the base. I named him Sharp.

Didn't feel like doing anything else. Maybe later.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

It was a busy weekend.  Went to CI and farmed up two sets of artifacts.  Took one set back to Rag and did the alpha boss fight after killing off a few spinos and titanoboas for the trophies.  Then I tore down and rebuilt my Para element farm.  Much more efficient design.   Ran a few drops on extinction and found a couple nice colored snow owls to add to the collection.  Metal runs, meat and berry runs.  Then to finish off the weekend I went to The Center and found a couple high level Rex's and a 140 tan colored giga.  Good weekend overall.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I took my son and friend on an alpha Broodmother.

It ended up being a cluster, as the Yuti spawned in the crowd and I didn't have time to control it... and I neglected to set it on auto roar. The end result is the yuti died and the rexes took far more damage than they should have. Even so, we killed her and they got the engrams.

This was a last hoorah, as I will be dismantling the base and leaving the server, which is insanely filled with huge box tribe bases. It's ARK sprawl to the max, even though there are no more than  10 players on at a time. Shame that, as the Winterfell Keep I built was excellent and in a great spot. 

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred mantises. Unpodded Leaf (adolescent female mantis. Need to finish her now that I have a proper male to use for breeding).

While the egg was incubating, went to the swamp to get more rare mushrooms - gacha trough is nearly empty.

Got a considerable amount.

Then spent some time hunting with Sharp, leveling him up just to see how great a proper mantis can be (pretty great), then riding around on Thea.

The egg hatched into a male. Not what i need at all, especially since it also got mother's stats. Killed.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Like Allos style so I'm going to steal it.

(Official Crystal Ilses) Still breeding everything once a day to rebuild populations. Refreshed all the bases. Though I am thinking of letting one of them despawn (after clearing it out of course).

(Official Gensis 2) This one is a lot longer lol. The shadowmane army is starting to develop. Have gotten pretty lucky with mostly female birthes and a set of twins with all the best stats so I have the start of my breeding line. 

Did some event Maewing hunting because I have fallen in love with the little chimera. Got quite of few decent leveled event colors.

Me and my tribemate experienced our first Reapers. They are interesting. We each have fully raised one. I have a second one and adolescent and he is pregnant with his second.

Have been doing a lot of the Velo missions once I realized how easy alpha is. Still need to do at least the gamma missions so we can do our first ascension.

That's all for this update.