So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Logged in today and decided I will have a better day.  I realized that no matter what therizino I find to tame it was not going to be as good as the males I hatched yesterday, but I do need to breed them with something... So I went looking for a low level female that would be quick and easy.  With any luck I might get a baby girl with dad's stats in Health and Melee and go from there.  It might take a couple generations to get it right but I just needed to get started on something positive today.

Found and tamed a level 20 female on the beach right away.  Easy peasy.  So I went home and brought out the boys and started the maturation process.  I figured that once they got to the point where I could leave them alone for a bit, then I would head out and try to find another one or two low level females to hasten the baby process.  All good.

Then I start chatting with people on the server while feeding the babies and one person offered me a baby female of decent quality if I help her with a project.  She was rebuilding her hatchery and needed a bunch of AC units.  I had supplies on hand, so, of course I helped.  She said she was feeling generous so she gave me a second baby girl at the exchange.  Even though the girls are pretty good, the baby boys are statistically better than the girls in all stats.  I will decide later how picky I want to be in breeding, as a baby will all the worse stats will still be a good member of the army.

The person that gave me the girls said she also has some basilos she wants to breed at some point in the near future and we agreed to talk again when she gets started in that process.

Not much else accomplished today.  RL got in the way.  But a better day today nonetheless.

• Like 1

Xbox Island official PvE 

I have been playing for about 9 months now. I have and featherlights for a while now but I have always carried otters as a shoulder pet. But recently I've had the opportunity to purchase a bulbpup. Only then I realised how to use the light and high level tame indicator. Also then realised that featherlight had the same ability. 

Every day is a school day in the Ark. 

Remember a bulbpup is not just for Christmas lol.

Not sure where to post. I'm new to Ark. LIterally started 2-3 days ago. No matter which server I try, they all look like a cross between an evacuated nuclear destroyed city with what looks like pillars for miles everywhere. I can't put down a campfire to save my life. Literally. I'm assuming these structures were built by other players as there are dinos owned by them in the structures and throughout. Every house is locked, even the campfires. I mean, I can't even use someone's campfire. So silly. I also tried the "Beginner" servers, and they are also loaded with structures everywhere. Are there any servers that are wiped clean periodically?

(Official, Valguero) Raised Phobos some more (and double-checked to make sure that I WILL be able to give him full imprint).

Bred tek rexes (no new mutations), argents (forgot to pick up the egg and it died. Oops!), gachas (female, silica pearls, obsidian, and crystal. Gonna try to raise her, so far - 3% and still alive), and gasbags (female, will be raised for breeding).

Tried out the two fully imprinted dimorphs I have. They're strong!

Got only one present today, and it was a chitin chestpiece, ascendant, but with only 180-something armor. Useless. Still better than rocks, though!

Made and colored saddles for Toxic, Nuka-Cherry, and Spearmint.

Decided to declutter the base a bit, for that podded Atlas (Granite gathers wood just as well, with the bonus of not being attacked by every raptor and its grandma), Pillow (I don't ride him, I don't use him for breeding. No point in having him out), and Wildfire (sure, he's one of my favorite wyverns. But I've been using Lettuce a lot more than him lately anyway, so...).

Thought I saw an alpha rex, but either I didn't actually, or someone killed it while I was podding the baby gacha, grabbing the chibi, and running to Deimos. Eh. Even if it was an alpha rex, there will be others in the future.

Podded gasbags, gacha and Phobos, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Finally found  a spot to set up camp. Even tamed 3 dinos, but the rubber banding. Oh my gosh. Almost 30 years ago when I first started online gaming on a 56k modem, it was a thing. Fast forward to 2020, we have high speed internet, no game should ever rubberband. EVER. I just did a search through the forums and it appears this is a common issue with ARK. I might have to reconsider my gaming choices. I can't play a game that rubber bands regularly, resets at random, or the servers just disappear. There is no fun in attempting to throw a bola 5x and it finally goes on the 6th try because of lag or rubberbanding.

The beginner servers wipe every 3 months or so, the next wipe is scheduled sometime in late January. I currently play on a beginner server, #430 and it has plenty of space left for bases, just not along the coastline and the easy zones lol. The lag you're getting would be from the large amount of tamed dinos and the huge bases on normal servers, your lag should be better on a beginner server. I've also heard there are "Arkpocalypse" servers that wipe every month but I've never tried them so I'm not sure.

Edited by Laveyan

The rubberbanding is normal on official servers. It's because the way ark is made the servers save every 15 minutes and there's too many bases/dinos on official so it takes 20sec to 1min every time until the servers can't handle it anymore which can be from a few hours to a few days and crash for 30-40min then roll back 15-30min. If you find a good unofficial server with a higher day number proving it is well established (you can change the server search filter), there will be no lag, less pillars and probably a better place to start.

XB CI Server

Two days of play here, forgot to record my last session. 

Spent most of my last time on breeding. Trying to combine my rex stats with the low level female and also get her colours. My male rex is from a few events ago but it looks like a Christmas one, pure red. New one is lime green body with white every where else, looks kind of good. I dont usually like bright green. Killed a lot of babies, raised a few while doing element shard runs, metal runs etc. 

Built a taming pen for yuty / rex on a cliff platform near my base with a ramp going down, too paranoid about them being eaten while taming, haven't tested it yet. When I finally got a few combined stats I had an extra few that I imprinted, let the final raises grow.

XB CI Server Yesterday 

Took my mate boosted imprinted Rex's for a spin near my base. Used rare flowers and decimated the local population. Popped a few extra Rex's to imprint while I'm busy doing some farming. Still slowly gathering element shards, trying to build up to a tek skiff or something neat. Also have a few more tek items id like to build but need more element. 

While I was letting Rex's raise, popped over to my scorched base area and wanted to tame a few event griffins. Flew over and checked out the griffin trench. It was severely overspawned, no-good levels around. Took a heavy turret, set it up ontop my base and kept luring griffins to their death. It was getting a bit annoying so I hopped over to my base grabbed an extra imprinted boss rex and a velo. Threw the velo down on turret mode while the rex following on neutral down right in the middle of the trench. Worked wonderful! Killed dozens of griffins, let the trench be cleared and went back to sit and wait for respawns.

It paid off! First one spawns near trap - 290 event griffin! Get that baby into the trap. Ran out of darts half way through, quickly made some tranq arrows and got it out. Tamed out pretty nicely and threw it all in a drop then bed hopped over to my main base. Threw the last imprints on my Rex's then prepped to hop over to extinction. I need to start running the desert cave, were trying to find a giga saddle bp.

XB Extinction Server

Hopped over and deposited all my stuff I brought over. Just basic supplies. Was gearing up to head out when Santa spawned. I dont like chasing him on Extinction but he literally spawned outside my base, got a few presents. Deposited the loot and took out to the desert cave. Did a quick run, nothing too noteworthy but a nice flak helmet bp that I needed. Got back to base and logged here. I'll hit the cave a lot more today and also maybe some element veins or something.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Khruk said:

Not sure where to post. I'm new to Ark.
Finally found  a spot to set up camp. 

Yeah, it will take a minute, but if its any consolation, it is possible to find somewhere......I personally went to a official legacy server cause they are mostly empty.....granted, few big bases, also pillaring. But was fairly lonely and the few times I did come across people, they was super freindly. Heck one guy even helped me tame a giga

so it will require a bit of comprimise, but I will say its worth it in the end

I have been trying to raise baby therizinos all day.  The girls are almost 25 % mature and boys are at 7.7 %.  Girls were clearly started before given to me.  Maturation has been slow because the dupers on the server are being extra aggressive today.  It has completely shut down everyone's plans.  I get booted about every 20-30 minutes and in between I have to fight incredible lag and rollbacks.  Several of us on server submitted tickets today and hopefully devs will look into the issue.  OMG, I just got booted again.  Crashes are coming faster now.... Wow, this sucks. 

So this is my day : log in, feed babies, fight lag, crash.  repeat.

So much fun 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Xbox Island official PvE 

Being a solo player on a public server I believe I have the best of both worlds. The ability to just play my own game in the way I like to play and whenever I run into problems there is help available. In the 9 months on the server I have made a few server friends and some xbox friends. Yeah I get my fair share of beach Bob's begging. The occasional base invader also. But you get to know the differance between people who just want help getting started and the chancers who would just rinse you. I have received massive amounts of help in getting tames and resources. I now feel like I am one of the survivors people ask for help and advice. 

This brings me to the greatest thing that has happened lately in the ark. Me being me not entirely as smoothly as it could have been. Not very often do I turn down a gift horse but this is where it started.  A survivor who i started trading with early in the game, the one who has all the best tames has become a great friend to me. He asked me if I wanted to let his tribe mate craft me a skiff. I have only seen one on the server, his.

I was taken out my comfort zone when I found out the logistics of the build. I would have to invite someone into my tribe. I have read numerous horror stories on these boards about being insided. So I was very reticent to allow anybody access to my stuff, I decided to pass up the opportunity. A few days passed I read up on tribe permissions, I made all the doors in my main base admin only. I change all tames to personally owned. After a few conversations with other players on the server who were aware of my reservations they gave me the confidence to proceed. I told the tribe mate of the skiff builder about my change of heart. 

The skiff building day came, they arrived at my base. I invited the very first person to my tribe ever. The skiff was built and to my relief they left my tribe. But my joy was short lived the skiff was showing as another tribe item. Because of my paranoia previously the settings I used to protect my stuff had resulted in the skiff being personally owned by the builder. My heart sank, but after a few discussions we soon realised what had transpired. Then the greatest gift I have ever been given in game, they offered to pay the element I needed to have another go. This time it was successful, I offered to pay them back but they refused. They we happy to have the additional skiff in their tribe. So I only wasted the ing,poly and oil. Which is nothing in comparison to what I have gained. 

I was absolutely dreading the whole process but I was left elated. I am on a server where I have experienced boss fights, gained tek engrams, trade tames from dlc maps that I haven't played yet (transferring servers is another thing I hate to do, but that's another story) to getting access to top level stuff. All this would have been impossible by myself. I am truly indebted to my fellow survivors whom have helped me on my way.

An absolute great day in the Ark.

Edited by 2OLEgend
Spelling and grammar
  • Like 2

Almost nothing today.  Had some time before work...Wanted to run the swamp cave and maybe feed gachas if time allowed.  Server crashed almost immediately.  Logged back in and decided to stay at base.  Pulled out babies and let them mature.  Server crashed another two times in the next 45 minutes.  I packed away the babies with an angry face and went to work early.  I hate dupers.  They are not just the scum of Ark, but for all the gaming world as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

XB Extinction Server 

Spent literally 12 hours running Desert cave in hopes of getting a giga saddle bp. Did a run every 30-45 mins, got loads of good loot including some new pick / hatchet blueprints but no good saddles.

Other than that I didn't do much most of the day. Imprinted the rest of the two gigas I had in cryo, tried to go for a osd run...but twice second wave of a red osd the drop vanished while I was mid way... we can't damage the drops but both times i was looking for the last one or two tames..coincidence? Render issue? Don't know. Transferred over to crystal isles.

After a long break for dinner / wife time I  was back on, unloading my stuff figuring what to do. I spot off in the distance a giant ape, spyglass it, 260? Meh sure haven't tamed one yet since rework. They're awesome !!! Immediately went looking for a mate for it. Had a small taming spree, 340 tek para, 313 tek para and while landing for stam got attacked by a 348 (max tek lvl) tek raptor, why not.

Showered the redwoods for like 2 hours. No good apes. On the way home found a low level female sheep, been looking for one awhile. Got home and immediately bred it let it raise while I went to sleep.

• Like 2

(Singleplayer, no longer Extinction because I got tired of it, but Crystal Isles. Still heavily modded, but mods for tech stuff were removed and Sci-Fi version of CKF was replaced with Legacy one) Once again I started a singleplayer save with intention of NOT using console commands. So far successful. Got 4 tames at the moment, a shiny holographic aberrant trike, two formerly shiny pteranodons (one because I logged off between the moment when he became shiny and the moment when I decided to tame him, other because I converted her into IF flyer), and a camel (from Marnii's Wildlife). Built most of the house already, using Settler tier from CKF, and made a small pen for the trike. The house is temporary, of course - at some point I'll move somewhere else, though right now I'm not even sure where.

(Official, Valguero) Filled troughs in the raising corner and in the water pen. Unpodded Phobos and the gacha. It's gonna be a quiet dino-raising day.

The gacha is now juvenile. I placed two troughs by it, filled them with berries, meat and rare flowers (just in case), so that I don't have to rely entirely on gacha's ability so feed itself when rendered, because Raptor Claus sometimes goes near my base and I want to be able to leave the gacha for a bit without coming back to yet another corpse. Works fine: Raptor Claus already showed up nearby once, and I got a present just fine without the gacha dying while I was away (the present wasn't any good, though: two wooden gateframes and a parasaur chibi).

Got two more presents, from them a dino leash BP (which kinda makes the one I sent to main base from Ext pointless, but I guess it's okay), a 298 sword (AWESOME! But I would have preferred a BP, to be able to make more whenever I want. Still, great loot!), ghillie gloves BP with fairly high armor and relatively cheap to make (would be better if it was not ghillie, because I haven't worn ghillie a single day in my life and don't plan on starting), and a megalania chibi (dark blue with reddish stripes and green belly. Pretty okay).

Imprinted the gacha, imprinted Phobos, podded them both and logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Loaded up game for a bit this morning before work.  Let babies out for about 30 minutes and breathed a little fresh air when server did not crash.  Tribe mate logged in and said he would watch babies for a bit longer since I had to leave.  Went to work today with hopes of progress and better days ahead.  I have another 4 day weekend coming up and will go absolutely ballistic if the dupers ruin it... AGAIN.

Have a great day all. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Built the house more. Killed an enraged camel, so level 50-something now (no SP settings and only 0.5 Exp gain, but Shinies are very high-level, so enraged ones give a ton even like that). Tamed a pack of mantas. Lost them all (didn't really like them anyway).

(Official, Valguero) Raising Phobos and the gacha again. Bred tek rexes. Got another present, rocks, jerky and chibi-megatherium were in it. Raptor Claus went close to my base again, but wasn't able to try and get a second present because a level 95 alpha rex appeared and killing that was more important - Raptor Claus comes every night, but alpha rexes don't happen often!

Rexes hatched with no new mutations. Since I started late, I dot tired before raising Phobos for full 8 hours today, so no imprinting was made (at least won't have to wait that much next time). Podded him and the gacha.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Official, Crystal Isles) Tamed an event-colored male tropical wyvern to use on Extinction. Tamed a possibly event-colored, but not bright tropical female to use as my second CI wyvern.

Taming of the male was uneventful. Female, on the other hand, was fine until it was just 3 crystals until she'd be tamed. Then she started flying in a straight line, hit a cliff, threw me off (I died), and then continued flying until she managed to get stuck in a glass-and-adobe structure of rather inappropriate shape. I tamed her anyway, but ended up getting stuck myself (had to log off to get unstuck). Then I had to build a forge, make two ingots, and then go all the way to Tundrafalls to kill a kairuku, all in order to make a cryopod and finally get that wyvern.

I ended up naming her BeautyButNoBrains, and she has a sign detailing the reason for the name near her on the base's roof.

The male (named Eyepain because bright green scales+bright red belly and fins is NOT a pleasant combination, and I intentionally chose him because I tend to lose my Ext wyverns, so it's better to pick an ugly one to avoid getting attacked), was uploaded with no accidents.

(Official, Extinction) Retrieved Eyepain, and the cryopod (which went into the public fridge). Added more food to the trough.

(Official, Valguero) Raising Phobos and gacha again. Got a present, nothing good. Tamed a second unicorn, male, bred him to Snow, so soon will have three unicorns (If I manage to stay awake the whole time it takes for it to gestate).

Got a second present, two cryopods! Rest of it not great, but pods are always good.

Tamed two tek parasaurs. For color breeding and resources. Named them Dusty (male) and Tinfoil (female). They even have stats that could make for a good usable para! Tinfoil has good stam, weight and melee, and Dusty had good health, so their offspring could possibly happen to be fairly decent.

Imprinted Phobos (just a bit more and he'll be 100% imprinted!). Got another present, 298% crossbow BP, durability good too. Rexes hatched, no new mutations. Snow will be foaling in about 2 hours, I can definitely stay awake that long. Gacha still alive, growing, and fine.

Unicorn born! Level 86, male, no mutations. Raising him now.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Server has been okay the past 2 days.  I will summarize progress...

I have put about 200 mistletoe and coal into gachas and have a ton of stuff.  Some good some bad.  Most of the stuff is duplicates of stuff I already had.

I have been raising baby therizinos.  the pair of girls are approaching 50% mature, and the boys are at 34% I think.

My tribe mate bred a couple of rexes and the stats turned out nicely.  One of the rexes came out with 1225 melee.  Pretty cool.  The down side, however, is all three baby rexes are mostly pepto pink.  One has a bright yellow underbelly and is really hard to look at in the light. LMAO.

Ran the swamp cave to pick up another artifact and check loot drops.  Came out with Ascendant BPs for both tapejara and daedon.  Not bad.

Did some re-organizing, replaced some of the cabinets with vaults... and put out a whole bunch of stuff that I will never use like mid-tier armors, weapons, BPs, and hundreds of holiday decorations that were nothing but clutter to me).... advertised the free stuff on the chat box and it was all gone in a few minutes.  Winner winner .

I am planning on checking out the big event tonight but I expect chaos and server crashes to accompany the event.  Happy New Year.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Filled troughs, unpodded Phobos and the gacha. Went to the event's location - didn't really count on getting anything, but everyone was there, and with troughs full of meat and nearest imprints an hour away I had nothing better to do. Got 2 presents (made sure to look, so that I won't grab one that someone else set their sights on). Got two bunny chibies, 1 griffin, 1 big ferox, 1 bone wyvern, and a plesio. Maybe something else too, don't remember. Plus skins. Then spent some time flying around the snow desert, because I never really had a good look at it - I don't go far from my base too often. It's pretty cool! And not too cold, my almost full (no helmet) riot set protected me from the cold just fine. Briefly thought about trying to grab a wyvern egg, but decided against it because I was on Lettuce and he's one of my favorite wyverns, plus I had all the loot from New Year event still on me, would be a shame to lose it.

Bred tek parasaurs, bred tek rexes, unpodded the baby unicorn. Now raising him and tek para babies (also, got a mutation! Near Black on crest. The stat is speed, unfortunately, but she still gets to live.). The gacha is now adolescent, so I finally gave her a name: Pearl.

Oh! And finally got a spino saddle BP. Not great, but better than engram. Made it, 20% skill bonus, so it came out with about 40 armor. Colored it and put it on Bloodscale (I really gotta tame a female for him at some point, but right now all my efforts are concentrated on raising and breeding existing dinos as well as hunting presents, so it'll have to wait a couple days).

Went after Raptor Claus' presents, successfully (3 [presents!). First time I managed to get any with him approaching from that direction, usually stutters from flying over big bases on the way prevented me from getting there in time. Got a chibi rock elemental, a chibi rollrat, a chibi giga, and an ascendant rhino saddle BP with 98.7 armor and cost that would fit into a smithy, but only barely. And also two simple pistols and a bit over a stack of stone (seriously, who the hell decided that rocks make for a good present?)

Just imprinted Phobos! 92%, one more and he'll be fully imprinted!

Raising: progressed fine, no death happened. Made a real good chainsaw and spent some time riding around, killing things with a mana and harvesting with the chainsaw Got a whole stack of dust out of it, and a ton of hide, chitin and keratin.

Made two more attempts at getting presents. One successful (another 298% sword, with good durability this time), other not successful (some dude on a skiff grabbed presents both times. I was on them first, and since I was on Lettuce who, as I remind you, is a GREEN, GLOWING, LARGE FLYING LIZARD, the "he didn't see me being there first" just doesn't fly. Gotta be blind to not notice that. No, that's just plain him being a piece of Medium Animal Feces.)

Podded unicorn (now named Marblehoof), parasaurs, Phobos and Pearl, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1