So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Lost a ton of stuff on official pvp to anti mesh system that was recently implemented while not being in the mesh. 95% of the time on official pvp i lose a bunch of things its from detrimental game bugs like uploads disappearing, character lost during transfer, anti mesh system working incorrectly, countless errors that crash the game still. Good game....

Edited by Usuallyafk
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, Myrm said:

Accidentally deleted my own character when using the admin command destroytribeplayer.  You're supposed to make sure your crosshairs are on the thing/character you want to delete.  My crosshair must have been slightly off so that it was focussed on my foundation rather than the player I wished to remove.

Next thing I knew my structure around me disappeared and I was taken to the respawn screen.

Praise the Lord for Nitrado rollback saves. ?

I also deleted my character on my single player arks. Was transferring to Ragnorok and couldn't get the stuff to transfer. Did it several times then deleted ragnorok and tried agian but I realized I deleted my character in ragnorok ?

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:59 PM, wizard03 said:

first run at the alpha brood mother, we won with only two yuty's lost. 

How many yuty did you take?

I take 19 megatheriums one yuty with a rider for the courage roar.

My pig stays outside the battle arena for the later healing as pretty useless in the arena.

I have pigs inventory loaded with cooked mutton and two full troughs nearby and full if required. Once everyone is back from the fight I just put the pig in the middle of the teleporter and heal everyone. 

Once the pig stops healing to refill food if you leave render quickly both of you on a bird the pig will restore it's food quicker. Saves waiting around a lot for the healing jobs.

The yuty stays behind all the megs in the fight so it can cover all with its roar.

What were the levels of the ones who were killed? 

And congrats also to you and your mum, my above was genuinely curiosity and a little set up advice.

Edited by SnowboundGem

Well... I fell off my managarmr, after rubber banding due to lag, all the way from the ground to waaaay up in the sky, to the height of what was a managmr triple jump from the top of a mountain.

22pImLA.jpg

I free-fell for a good 5 seconds before I remembered the glider wings.. and thought.. well what do I have to lose now.. might as well get as close to home as possible to grab a bird find my body and maybe find my (probably dead) tame.

hsdwYAZ.jpg

I had to close wings and free-fall multiple times to lose altitude so I wouldn't overshot my mark by 3 or 4 hundred miles.

Nn2M4Li.jpg

We lived!..
BdXYQJl.jpg

Now I'm planning on doing it again to see how far I can fly..

• Like 2

Been asked by a friend to join his tribe on an freshly wiped unofficial PvP cluster I won't name here (PM me if you want the cluster name). There was some drama here and here in the global chat from 2-3 players, but nothing bothering me that much. Things were going well for us and the plan was to go hell on everybody, including one of his former tribemate, which I later learned was the admin's wife. I was also told she tribed up with the 2 drama queens in the global chat...great. I knew from this point on, stuff would go south rather quickly.

We decided and prepared to raid a base not far from ours despite the ORP being on. We knew very well it would take us hours to get in because of the x4 on turret dmg and structure hp. Nonetheless, we proceeded and quickly found out that all turrets were set to players only. From there we moved on the slapping C4s on dodos and throwing them directly on top of the turrets which worked well to some extent.

Since dodos are not well-known for their resistance to explosives, we quickly ran out of dodos to send into their base and thus sent a tribemate to tame more of them. So the guy went on and while taming, 2 newcomers joined the server and started to attack him (you spawn with full flak sets btw) to which point he defended himself. Problem is since he was near a spawn, these 2 bobs kept on spawning and attacking him, getting murdered by my tribemate each time (global broadbast each time someone is killed and by whom). Both guys eventually dropped out of the server at which point the admin started to blame my tribemate for driving players off his cluster, blabla... (drama in global for 1+ hour at least) Cluster rules clearly states you can't harass/grief/raid starter bases but open world PvP is fine. Besides, if you start hostilities, don't expect the victim to hold on because you are hiding behind your newbie protection.

Anyways, we also found out the base we were raiding had mesh turrets, to which point I sent a private message to the admin asking his stance regarding said turrets (nothing written in the rules). He said they were not allowed but never acted when I told him we came accross one. At no point the name of the tribe we were raiding was mentionned to the admin or in global chat.

Speeding up an hour or two later, we soaked most of the turrets with gasbags/trike and and were getting started on rockets/LoS the remaining turrets, at which point the admin started to call us out in the global chat because we were offline raiding an ORP base and that was toxic behavior on our end 3 days only into the wipe (x20 rates servers btw), blablabla. I understand you have to use the spectator tools sometimes but deliberatly watching us, then blaming us after we did it.... I don't want to debate about offline raiding, but let's simply say that if you advertise your servers as PvP, expect offline raiding to happen at some point. If you don't want it to happen, manage your clusters properly, put rules in place and for god's sake, enforce them....

I usually stay silent but the admin and his wife really tilted the hell out of me with their badmouthing about offline raiding, so I told him my 2 cents about his management of his servers. How he failed to enforce his very basic rules such as "no trash talking, drama, ect." , failed to realize my teamate never broke any rules killing these 2 bobs, failed to act about the meshed turrets and how biased/unprofessionnal his attitude was when he called us out in chat. His excuse being he will do as he see fits and that "rules can be changed at anytime without notice" to ensure the health of his cluster (10 players at peak time, amazing servers...).

Off course, the admin's wife tells the two toxic guys in global to join her in a private Discord call. No less than 15 mins later, these guys shows up to counter us, and guys from the tribe being raided magically shows up to defend.... We were not fully inside the target base yet and were only behind the outer turret wall (100% soaked) and still had to deal with a few internals before proceeding. We held our ground for a good 30-45 mins in a deathmatch against defenders + counter party. Grieffed most of the tames of the defending tribe and clapped the outside bobs a few times before calling it quits. We decided this server was a waste of time for us from this point ont.

We stayed on for another 2 hours expecting the admin's wife and the two toxics to fob on us, but they never did. These bobs waited a few days and offline wiped us because the admin's wife offline raiding is fine, but others is acting like p****s. Fun enough, I saw later in our tribe log the admin force-joined our tribe and left after we were wiped. His excuse being our ORP timer was bugged...

--------------------------------------------------------------

On a more positive note, I spent some time on the ice-themed map. Still texturing the starter area (boreal forest) but it's coming along very well to my taste. Also started to learn using Blender in the meantime for upcoming structures/creatures.

Here's a view of the current progress so far :

glacius_starter.jpg

• Confused 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:14 PM, SnowboundGem said:

How many yuty did you take? I take 19 megatheriums one yuty with a rider for the courage roar. My pig stays outside the battle arena for the later healing as pretty useless in the arena. I have pigs inventory loaded with cooked mutton and two full troughs nearby and full if required. Once everyone is back from the fight I just put the pig in the middle of the teleporter and heal everyone.  Once the pig stops healing to refill food if you leave render quickly both of you on a bird the pig will restore it's food quicker. Saves waiting around a lot for the healing jobs. The yuty stays behind all the megs in the fight so it can cover all with its roar. What were the levels of the ones who were killed? And congrats also to you and your mum, my above was genuinely curiosity and a little set up advice.

I think I took like 6 or 7, got tired of breeding the sloths. And I typically heal "during" the fun, my theory is that hopefully everyone makes it out, or if Iv underestimated and trying to makes sure that we make it out of the arena alive. Sides, its no big deal to roll in on the backside of everyone, use all the reserves the pig has, take a step back and devour whats in the inventory for another roll up. Now with that said, mom was on one of the yutys doing the roaring. So the plan is still implemented the same as a megatherium setup, just with a little variety. 

The yuty's wasn't as high as I was hoping, wanted them over 8k health, I think. The one I gave to mom however was nearly 20k.....literally spent every single point in health and nothing else.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

I think I took like 6 or 7, got tired of breeding the sloths. And I typically heal "during" the fun, my theory is that hopefully everyone makes it out, or if Iv underestimated and trying to makes sure that we make it out of the arena alive. Sides, its no big deal to roll in on the backside of everyone, use all the reserves the pig has, take a step back and devour whats in the inventory for another roll up. Now with that said, mom was on one of the yutys doing the roaring. So the plan is still implemented the same as a megatherium setup, just with a little variety. 

The yuty's wasn't as high as I was hoping, wanted them over 8k health, I think. The one I gave to mom however was nearly 20k.....literally spent every single point in health and nothing else.

It's good your having fun with it. I know breeding can be tiring but I can say it's quicker in single player once you have your settings right and a good starting pair. I'm sure you know what your doing though. 

I remember my first effort of breeding way back when I was new it took me ages to get to grips with breeding for specific stats and mutating them correctly.

Working out simple stuff like breeding stat results together rather than keep trying for a specific colour. I think I was a bit too obsessed with the colour mutations lol

My boss megatheriums all have very high health but all my Dino's are super bred lines. I've been breeding them for 4 years. I use the megs because they get a buff against the spiders. 

21 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

It's good your having fun with it. I know breeding can be tiring but I can say it's quicker in single player once you have your settings right and a good starting pair. I'm sure you know what your doing though. I remember my first effort of breeding way back when I was new it took me ages to get to grips with breeding for specific stats and mutating them correctly. Working out simple stuff like breeding stat results together rather than keep trying for a specific colour. I think I was a bit too obsessed with the colour mutations lol My boss megatheriums all have very high health but all my Dino's are super bred lines. I've been breeding them for 4 years. I use the megs because they get a buff against the spiders. 

Never messed with much of the settings, but I did get a solid set of breeders, and worked till I got the stats right, AND THEN worked on the army...no mutations sadly, but year. After that whole shebang, I got bored to tears. With that said, all the sloths had 10k health minimum. And I do believe the majority or all survived. 

• Like 1

Logged in, found myself dead (no cause in the log, it just said that I died), respawned, found some pants in my rex' inventory, decided that the server is sufficiently non-laggy today to actually play a bit instead of just quickly feeding the dinos, went for a little alpha hunt (only found one, a carno), then a meatrun, then a berry run with my bronto (who is leveled in speed because he's meant for breeding, but I hate seeing the "level up available" text), refilled the troughs, remade a shotgun that I lost due to my unexplained death, made a new rifle (better than my old one! 203%, the old one is only 202), put the guns in the box in case I die again, logged off.

Oh, and found a half-dead cryopod in the inventory of one of my therizinos. Can't remember putting it in there, but since I'm the tribe's only member, I clearly did. If only I knew WHY.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

We successfully completed the Northwest Cave, thus getting the last artifact required for the gamma dragon.  The hardest part about this cave is that it is too confined to bring along any sort of dino to ride.  It was just Flont and I and what we could carry in.  My advice is to hug the right wall and bring grappling hooks.  The pits are too deep to rescue a body, so do not take along anything that you cannot afford to lose.  There are bats and spiders, so bring lesser antidote for megarabies.  Here is how it went for us:

Edited by Stretch11
typo

Today in  ARK I lost my procoptodon. Apparently, in my absence something got into the base, ended up getting killed either by the two deinons I still have unfrozen, or by Nightshade, but not before freaking the dinos out. Since Dark Hopper is a tough and lucky kangaroo  (and since the log doesn't say that he got killed), I assume that he is alive somewhere, though I looked around near and somewhat far without finding him.  Should have put him into one of the boxes in the stable - can't jump out of them, my three equus are a proof to that, standing exactly as I left them last time. Whatever. Maybe I'll find him, maybe I won't, it's not like he's irreplaceable: full-black procoptos aren't even that rare.

I did this. Made a really beautiful Modern Adobe Villa on Scorched Earth for me, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I actually posted the Base tour video today but it took me 2.5 weeks of grinding & drawing designs on A4 paper sheets to make this a reality. 

Yes, it is 100% Legit; no GCM or spawning stuff since working towards a goal & achieving it makes it satisfying rather than cheating it in. 

Features: 
- Full of soothing greenery with a Gazeebo 
- 100% Wind zone hence electricity always ON & no need of generators
- Situated outside of Green Oasis hence 
       - beautiful scenery
       - easy access to fish meat, Silica pearls & water 
       - close to Mantis & deathworm spawn areas
- Safe zone. No Large predators are close by like Wyverns/Rexes/Yuty etc

I also show my Dinos including my Phoenix( my very 1st Phoenix tame in 4 yrs), Rock Elemental & my Boss killer Skeletal themed Rexes.

This is my last video on Scorched Earth Map. I'm moving to Aberration next where I have even grander plans( :) :)) .

Thank you to Aaron Longstaff, Captain Fatdog, The Pilgrimz Project for their excellent tutorials which inspired me to do this.

Thank you Big Time to my Dearest Wife for all the motivation & inspiration. :):)

• Like 1

Started getting out of the green obelisk oasis in scorched earth, found the argies just as I leveled up to make one. Got an argy, got the crew of preds back to base, then went on a bit of exploration run, as well as taming up anouther argy. Bit better level, lots more melee, had to work on health a bit, but decided to get gutsy and see if I could find a death worm....lets just say I found out why its called a death worm. Killed my first argy asap, luckily the higher level argy survived when I decided to high tail it out of there....depressed on how things went, decided to keep exploreing…..couple explorer notes later, had my argy right where I wanted her on both health and melee, so started working on stamina.....then I got crazy....went to the ridgeline for the wryvens….found an egg......only a level 3, nothing to scream to the heavens about, but nipped it anyhow. Oh god, fire wryven on my ass, and things are getting toasty! Got away tho, it was close and I still don't know how or why, but got away!

Made it clear back to home base, but now pondering how exactly to get the milk......I did build a small outpost with a bed, just in case, but will have to ensure my supplies are ready first. When I do, might bring some behemoth dino gates and set up a trap

Today I searched for Dark Hopper again, didn't find him, and decided to assume that he died despite the tribe log still not stating that he died. Also, found my moth (the better one of the two), which I didn't know I lost, but apparently I did, as otherwise he wouldn't be away from my base for me to find him.

Also, filled the troughs with enough meat and a bit of berries. Meant to add more berries, as my dinos immediately ate most of them, but ended up leaving all the extra ones in my bronto because the server became EXTRA LAGGY. Extra. Laggy. Not just regular laggy. The kind of laggy where walking up a three-long stair takes over a full minute of real time and the "you ran and ran, but you're almost where you started, except with no stamina" is a thing that happens A LOT.

11 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Today I searched for Dark Hopper again, didn't find him, and decided to assume that he died despite the tribe log still not stating that he died. Also, found my moth (the better one of the two), which I didn't know I lost, but apparently I did, as otherwise he wouldn't be away from my base for me to find him.

So one of my tribemates lost an argy in the Rag desert and we didn't find him for like..three months?  We figured he was dead, but eventually I randomly found him hovering above an alpha carno.  There's always hope.

But not for my brother's otter, who was lost today when he fell in some lava while we were trying to get a fire wyvern egg on Val.  His own turret whapped him off the cliff.  So that was a thing.  Meanwhile, I'm still raising a basilosaurus baby I've named Hotdog.

Today: went on a hunt with my tek rex Nightshade, nothing serious, no alphas, just hunted some rexes, carnos and whatever else happened across our way. Got some cementing paste from the dams, but the game froze when I was just near my base's gate, I had to close it, by the time I got back my character was dead an the bag already disappeared, so no paste for me. As for Nightshade, he was fighting a deinon a bit away from the gate. Looked like he was having fun. I whistled him after he was done.

Bred my tek rexes and argies, incubated the eggs to about half, but didn't feel like doing it all the way today, so I froze them for later. Maybe when that "later" happens I'll breed the dinos again so I'll have whole 8 tek rex and 8 agy ones to hatch.

The Island, private, server, two of us.

I have been breeding Rexes and Therezinos in preparation for the Overseer boss battle (only Gamma this time).  All of the Rexes and Therezinos hatched at over level 200 and I popped them all into cryopods (leveling is faster in cryopods and they do not need to be fed until you bring them out and level them up).  I will let them sit in the pods for a few days (maybe a week) and them bring them out again, level them up, and wait for their health to recover from the leveling.

I put a wooden tree ring on one of the Redwoods where there was a beehive in reach.  I flew over a bear and set him on the ring for gathering - I had to use a Quetzl because bears are too big to be carried by an Argy.  I put in tree taps so that I could also harvest Sap whenever I picked up Honey.  I am making Sweet Vegetable Cakes for my Therezinos as that scheme worked well for the Dragon.  This time, I will have 10 Cakes per dino as most ran through the five that they had for the Dragon fight.

The Rexes are not for the actual Overseer fight, they are for clearing out the Tek cave on the way to the Overseer so that the Therezinos do not get too damaged before they go into the boss fight.  Theoretically we can bring 40 dinos into the cave, but the staging area outside is small and surrounded by lava.  I am not certain if we can get in 40 during the 5 minutes that the gate to the cave is open.  We may bring some in with pods, but it takes a long time to unpod everything and/or recover from cryosickness if we unpod them all at once.  There may also be an unpodding limit for this cave (I will need to investigate that further).

The plans are to bring 20 Rexes, 18 Therezinos, a Yuty, and a pig.  I will be riding the Yuty to scare out Purlovias from hiding and in the boss battle to encourage the Therezinos.  Flont will be riding the pig in the boss battle for healing and he will be shooting his automatic rifle from pig-back (one advantage a pig has over a Yuty).  During the cave, he will be herding the Therezinos while I am herding the Rexes.

I expect the Tek cave to be worse than the Snow cave, so this session (Tek cave + Overseer boss battle) will probably be several hours.  Flont and I will have to plan out a  time when we are both available to do this.

Hatched eight tek rex eggs (all unremarkable, all killed), eight argent eggs (first batch of four unknown due to all hatchlings dying while I was trying to reconnect, second unremarkable save for a white  with ginger -head and light-yellow chest male, which I decided to keep because the stats are okay and I love white argents), and two theri eggs (hatchling stats unknown due to disconnect while I was trying to claim them, by the time I got back they already were dead and gone). Also bred my three equus mares before logging off, hope it'll result in something good (and hope that I log back in in time to claim the foals, NOT in time to see their starved corpses just before they decompose).

• Like 1