So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

26 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

By better u dont mean the bonus dmg and dmg resistance buff wild ones have right? Cos they lose it when tamed. Or are u refering to the lower hp and slighter higher dmg like aberrant versions of other dinos?

If starting a new line i would rather do with tek rex, easier find one with higher melee to start mutating then a normal one.

i know they lose their dmg resistance, i mean the higher melee, the saddles can make up for lost HP

After 2 months of playing on Valguero Official PVE Server (I love this map, in the past i only played The Island) my main base finally is all upgraded to metal. Im living at White Cliffs, is a nice place to live and i starting to build a second base at Frozen Zone, near to the Wyvern Cave.

Also, i'm raising Rexys and Wyverns babys (some of them starts the teen fase lastnight) full imprinting with high stats and nice colors (i have a couple of rexys from Christmas and Valentines events).

I hope in the next weeks, take the next step to do the Bosses Fight. Is hard to collect all the trophys by myself, but in that server there are always people and tribes asking for others to join Bosses Fight.

I'm so happy with this server and Valguero map!

• Like 2

Today I finished relocating non-perishable resources from the old base to the new one. The only thing left to do before dismantling what's left of the old place is installing a refrigerator at the new one and getting all those eggs, kibble and other stuff I accumulated into it. Also, added lamps and three more ACs to the hatchery, gonna hatch some rex and allo eggs in it today.

• Like 2

I’m heading back from the Arctic with enough pelt to make my final piece of fur armor. Woo Hoo! No more freezing ears! Unfortunately, I forget to switch out of my existing fur armor before slogging my way back through Da Bog to base. Partway there, I also fail to notice a partially submerged, scaly creature whose yellow eyes are glaring at my Carno and I with a primal intensity.

I hear a sibilant, “Nobody expects the Bog Inquisition!” before I’m bulldozed off my carno and am flying through the air. My attacker and I land in a tangled heap on dry land, flattening the local flora and knocking the breath out of my lungs. Woof! The Kapro is busy shredding my fur armor while I’m trying to push his maw away with one hand and scrambling to get my pike with the other. After a bit, though, he makes a gagging noise and scampers off a few paces.

Confused, I rise unsteadily, using my pike for support. Mortley, my equally confused Carno, stomps up seconds later and looks back and forth from me to the Kapro, wondering what to do. For his part, the Kapro, with tufts of fur sticking out of his mouth,  turns to give me a dirty look.

Suddenly, he makes a “Thhhbbbbbttt,” sound, causing both Mortley and I to jump a little. When he does this a few more times, I realize he’s trying to spit the fur out of his mouth. A laugh escapes me before I can smother it with a once fur-gauntleted hand. Mortley joins in with a nervous rumble (chuckle) of his own. Obviously none too pleased with our mockery, the Kapro glares at us for a few seconds before his body suddenly spasms, arching his back, and causing him to emit a horrible retching noise. Wide-eyed, Mortley and I take a few hurried steps backward, putting distance between us and the contorting creature.   

“If he turns into a werewolf, we’re totally out of here,” I say, and Mortley nods in agreement.

It happens a few more times as we watch, sounding worse each time. Instinct screams at me to flee, but I’m unable to draw my eyes away from the spectacle. And after one last horrible, wracking fit, the Kapro horks up a wad of slimy fur, which plops on the ground in front of him. We all stare at it intently for a few heartbeats, waiting for it to start moving or something. Then . . . nothing happens.

“Gross, dude. Did you just cough up a hairball?” I ask.

Miffed, the Kapro turns and stalks off into the bog, eventually slipping out of sight beneath the muddy water.  

Mortley nudges my hand with the dry scales of his snout, causing me to freak a little. “EYAH!” I shout, hopping three feet away.

He emits a rumbling noise that I recognize as laughter.

“Dude, not funny!” I pause and look at my right hand which no longer has a gauntlet on it. “Hmm.” I then look at the steaming pile of slimy fur several paces away and notice the glint of metal coming from it in a few places. “Oh, heck no!”

While I’m trying to decide if I want to salvage the gauntlet or not, a number of insects crawl out of the nearby bushes and start gnawing on the gooey mess.

“Urk,” I grunt, trying not to heave. Mortley is a little paler than usual when I turn to look at him as well. We quickly decide that returning to base is the thing to do and head off on our way, leaving this memory behind.

(So basically, this is a long winded version of me saying that I ended up using all the pelt I brought back to fix my existing fur armor, leaving me without enough to make the last piece I needed. Back to the Arctic I go with freezing ears. Blah!)

• Like 3

so went to riley's yesterday and stayed the night as he lives close to school. i mentioned before that riley wanted to live in the ocean biome. well he had been grinding since i left the day before. he had leveled 40 times in just crafting structures. (we have nearly defualt player stats but you can get to lvl 200ish with players). so since he had taken all the hard work out of the grinding we deicded to travel over and search for a base location, well we placed a metal platform near a spot where there are alot of turtles, however eels and sharks are also pretty common there so we gotta be carful, because we had no real sea mounts we brought our bloodstalkers. did you guys know you can still swing when over burdened. its so awesome and makes them so good. if they were slightly higher in terms of base health and melee they would be my new fav creature. anyway i placed the platform and asked riley if he had a nice base design. he said no and thats why he mass made structures, so we could go crazy. i said that i knew a design. i watched syntac's vid where he made an ocean base using the platform and based it somewhat off of that. sadly we were restricted by stupid ark building rules. it came out fairly well. we had a tame stable for a few tames. required crafting tables like smithy, fab and chem bench. btw can you snap to foundations together, we wanan know so we can expand the base more. riley said he wanted to tame some turtles but i wanted to go to lava biome. well we decided to split to get more done at once. well i went to the lava biome with a handful of structures in hand and scoped out a good PvP spot. we had made a server rule where the lava biome was mainly for PvP which we thought was a good idea, the community felt the same way. well i picked out an awesome spot near the volcano. that was a bad idea. not even 15 minutes in and i get hit my a lava ball from the volcanoes. everything was destroyed. luckily i had venom in a cryopod. well i spawned at base and took out my ferox (still needs a name if anyone has one) and went to collect my body. was coming back on venom when i spotted a really nice red X rex, riley randomly activates events to reward the players for their donations and help. so rn it was Christmas on the cluster (i only wanted colours) i had 500 shock dart on me so i had more than enough to knock him out. i made a trap and lured him in. knocking him out was the easy part, taming him was hard as soon as he went out everything started attacking, magmasaurs, rexes allos. so i had to get riley to bring me some kibble. we protected him until he was tamed and took him back to base. while taming him i checked his stats and he had better melee and stam than what we currently had. so i bred the stats into the line and had to redo the mutation breeding group which i plan to get onto soon. riley tamed 5 turtles all high leveled and bred them for their stats. we plan to use them as turret towers and tanks. i sold a few rexes for some required resources we were low on like element and paste. we done a bit of friendly PvP with some members on the server and helped a small tribe defend against the mega tribe on the server. as of now they have more PvP tames, however we have a better base and wepaons.

Finished the roof of my house on Rag, Tamed an Otter and got my fridge working, Went up to the Oil Pump on the mountain but it had Auto-decayed :( Still not sure why.

So in utter despair (refrained from saying "Otter Despair") I went into the desert and made a base  to collect Salt from.

Pic of my Otter and the waterfall through my roof.......It is a picture and not a screen shot....Rookie pic I know.

Otter.thumb.jpeg.721fa0018d8abfcd79c38ed3fbdce582.jpeg

• Like 2

Today: finished the hatchery. Almost. Just needs two more ACs (it already has... Lots. The hatchery is 3 foundations long/wide, ACs are lining the walls, packed as tightly as possible). Not for the temperature - I can definitely hatch deinos in there without any problem as it is. For symmetry, because there are 3 ACs on one side from the door, so there MUST be the same number on the other side as well.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Back on ARK. Been around but not enough to post as I was only raising Abb Otters and a few Rexes. 

Genesis is now out, so I am working on 2 bases; one in the Ocean biome and the other currently in the Swamp biome - man that place is terrifyng.

Tamed up about 5 Mechaleons or whatever those Giant Turtles are called, all 145s or 150s. Just tamed a pair of Carnos and a Bary over in the swamp but they arent X variants so nothing amazing.

Looking to get a  pair of bloodsuckers this weekend as we already have some X basis and a Feroxx or whatever it is.

Slightly off topic though - anyone know what the best setup for Alpha Dragon on Island is these days, its been so long (18 months) and fancy ascending with another character... stats and numbers of dinos would be appreciated thanks :)

So all in all, Genesis progressing quite nicely, all other bases just in a slow moving state :)

• Like 2

so i went over to riley's again yesterday. riley had been planning to get magmasaur. riley had bred out 4 dud stalkers each. we went in their and spent the first bit killing all low levels, there were surprisingly little low levels, most of them were over 156. as we stole some eggs the erupting icon appeared so we scrammed out of there, our first run had gotten us 174, 174, 168 and a 156. but we spotted multiple 180s and wanted them eggs. while waiting for the eruption to stop we found a cool blue 180 X anky. as i was cryoing it a freakin lavaball smacks down and kills me. luckily the anky was in the pod so it survived. we went back in and after and we came out like kings. i managed to grab 3 180 eggs, riley grabbed 4 180 eggs. we ended up with some awesome looking magmasaurs including a somewhat blue one. i took my new anky out and a dud magmasuar and we went to the lava biome to gather some metal. for some reason even though i gave it like 10 rows of meat it was not eating, when i activated the forge mode and harvested some metal and transported it to the magmasaur it took forever to actually cook the metal. i then used the magmasaur to harvest metal and some other stuff, once its food hit rock bottom it started eating but was not gaining food, when the meat was gone it began eating the wood and stone (or at least i think) because the resources were disappearing. so either it bugged or i am missing something. also wanted to breed them till i found out how to breed them. they need to be in lava. how the hell do i do that?

seriously, i cant swim in lava.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 3:31 PM, Anarki said:

Slightly off topic though - anyone know what the best setup for Alpha Dragon on Island is these days, its been so long (18 months) and fancy ascending with another character... stats and numbers of dinos would be appreciated thanks :)

I'm sure my Xbox settings may have some affect on my set up and the ease of the boss fights. I'm not online to check them at the moment.

My set up currently is -  edited to add all are mutated at least 4 X for melee already.

A level 229 yuti for courage roar mine has 90k health all other stats were put into melee. With an ascendant 174 saddle. 1 X mutation.

15 × (189) theris all have 28k health, birth health was 8.5k. All the other levels were put into melee. With an ascendant 90 saddle.

None of my theris took any damage two days ago with this set up yuti took the brunt of 21k damage because my hubby somehow became the target.

Also I do have 19 for the boss fight but I forgot to bring the last 4 so did the fight anyway.

All theris carried veg cakes none were eaten. Daedon outside ob for healing if required. 

I'm sure there are better set ups but I restarted the game fresh in Dec and don't get a lot of time to play so that's my current set up.

Edited by SnowboundGem
Forgot something and had wrong yuti stats
  • Like 1

Came to the realisation today that upon restarting all our maps I deleted my rag save that had all my muts on. All my blue and cyan thylas have been lost. 

Ahh well on the bright side I get to do all that again.. 

Completed all island bosses Sunday to move onto the Tek cave found myself in a very unfortunate situation due to split screen issue for the volcano on the island.

I kept being snapped to player one then being pulled into the lava then back to player one then lava and so on. I was cooked to death! Or meshed not sure it happened so fast. Somehow I don't think I can ascend split screen now.

Nearly caused a heart attack. Good job I wasn't carrying anything did loose my argy but he wasn't named or important he was a spare..

• Sad 2

Genesis cont..

So I finally got into a position to move to the snow, I'd done pretty well from a few missions and had some nice journeyman, picks/longneck etc and some better than prim armor.

I built lots of Keep building materials and transferred over to the snow biome, I put a makeshift base down ready to move everything over and begin the search for a new home.

I transferred back to the bog and loaded up my spino with all of my materials from the base and put the sarco, frog, bloodstalker and moschops in cryopods.  I transferred back to the Arctic and waited, it took a little longer to load than usual but I've played ARK for a while, its nothing unusual.

"You have died".....

Fantastic! Now I'm going to have to run and find my body...

I went back to my death spot.....no green light....no body....

I am admin of my server so i ghosted under the map to look around....nothing

So now I have a nice box base in the freezing cold with no items and no tames....

Time to start over! 

• Sad 1

so played at Riley's again yesterday. after realizing something was up with the magmasaur and the metal disappearing and it taking forever to forge we decided the old way was best, shoving it into our industry forge room and letting it smelt there. me feeling a bit cocky decided to go to the lunar biome. but before that i decided to make a mining drill. we have this sort of currency on the server in the form of electronics, since its so common on most of the maps we made it a form of currency. riley had taken a ferox and an asc chainsaw and harvested a lot of tek dinos which meant we had a lot of electronic. grabbed 5k and zoomed off to the community market. we have this shop were you can trade in a primitive item and electronic and have it upgraded of sorts. its a bit too complicated to explain so i will spare details. i got my mining drill improved and went to the lunar. well bad idea, there were asteroids everywhere, drones and defense units everywhere. i harvested as much element shards as i felt safe to then headed back. got around 50K shards from that so was pretty happy. until i remembered the red crystals in the volcano gave them as well. so Riley and i went there. we took dud stalkers in case of an eruption. i would harvest the resources while Riley keeps everything busy. after multiple eruptions and a few hours we had cleaned out the volcano. we had somewhere around 1000 element worth. that is what 5x harvesting with an op mining drill will get you. we crafted it up and stored it away in out secret vault hidden in our base. we had a duo tribe asking for help to get magmasaur eggs so we volunteered. they wanted to do it the legit way so no teleporting out using HLN-A. we lent them blood stalkers as they had tame dthem but plannd to breed them to combine stats.  as we took them in one of them spots the nest ares and dives for it, he is instantly killed and the stalker follows. so i painfully colelct his stuff and we head back out, riley and i inform them on how to steal the eggs and how its easy to dies. so riley and i head in first and draw the creatures attention away from the nest. they swooped in stealing the egg. as we were ready to head out the volcano began to erupt, as i went to deplot a web a bunch of onyc swarmed me making it hard. as i tried to back up i fell into the lava and got swarmed by magmasaurs. the volcano blew and well. rip. lukcily i had nothing of value on me and the stalker was a dud. the lava biome is nasty for even veteran players. as a form of repayment they gave us some cool ferox mutations. while nothing too good the colours are pretty sweet. well after that riley wanted to do something more chill and took the turtles down to breed. i decided to grind as we had somehow gotten low on resources. as i was sitting around passive grinding and breeding some theriz's and X spinos. now lately that mega tribe that is rivaling us has been quite active. raidng people and building up. as i was breeding the spinos outside i spotted a blood stalker near our base. i grabbed my op rifle and oneshot the rider. it was someone from the mega tribe. i also killed his stalker as it was a danger. later on when grinding bullets i get a message in global chat with the tribe leader declaring full on war. i thought they were joking or bluffing. but when someone attempted to kill me on a blood stalker while out collecting stone near the base i knew they were serious. so i called on the entire team and also called up a few allied tribes including the duo tribe we helped. i preped our forces and fortified the base. riley and skull transported all of our valuable tames to our hidden base (mega tribe i know you will read this at some point so my mouth is zipped shut). while i moved all of our resources to our warehouse hidden in the lunar underwater biome. about an hour after the war declaration we saw the first wave. a bunch of stalkers were scouting the base. we deactivated all the turrets to make them think we were not ready. i then took a few shots at them with my longneck, killed on and finished it off with a flamethrower. one player got me, but i had my shotgun ready and killed the player in 4 shots. i then flamed grilled the other. a while later we spotted a small group of magmasaurs, about 4-5. a few of the others started freaking out as they can wreck metal. but i reminded them that the colder it is the weaker they are. or at least from what i know. we had joe riley and skull mounted on turrets on the back of turtles and i was on my ferox (still no name) with 100% addiction. we easily took down 2 before they got to our walls. managing to make a hole big enough to get in, they then attempted to retreat. problem was they dismounted their tames so we picked them off easily. we soon killed the magmasaurs and took their loot. we got alot of C4s, so we decided to set traps on paths we figured they would come along, as well as narco traps. second wave came in the form of waves of X rexes. bout 20 of them. they came straight though the C4 trap. i set them off and got almost half of the entire army down to low health. riley mounted on the rocket turrets started laying fire down on the rexes, one by one they fell. i then took out my ferox and tore through the rest of them. they retreated and said in chat it wasn't over. btw it is now the b]next day and more happened yesterday. but i gonna type it in the next post.

I decided it was time for a Ghillie suit, so I popped Kosmo my tapejara out of cryo. Yep, flyers are enabled on the server I’m on. We headed over to the ocean, and the ensuing actions would probably be best accompanied by Benny Hill music. Me, wielding a sword, swimming after evil ducks, while being chased by sharks and eels for twenty minutes. After gathering enough organic polymer, we teleported back to the Bog.

Needless to say, the level 290 Sarco that was spawn camping the teleport ate me up quick! So I teleported back with two Carnos, and we dealt with him. I grabbed all of my equipment, and I think by the time I was ready to pod my Carnos and fly back on Kosmo we had to have killed seven insect swarms and a half dozen other angry dinos.

We landed at base, and I made a Ghillie suit posthaste. Kosmo gave me an appreciative squawk as I walked by in my new duds on my way out to gather some mats. So I was in the middle of gathering narco berries, (I love those little flower things that are just narco berries!) when I looked up and noticed an insect swarm not too far away. It just flew on its merry way and didn’t bother me at all. Best! Thing! Ever!

Thanks, Ghillie Suit!

• Like 1

Played about 200 hours since Genesis released.
Lots of fun as well as tons of bugs and content in dire need of fixing.

The whole drama around the DLC is giving me motivation to resume work on my arctic themed map.

Mechanics used in my small-scale test map will be slightly reworked, but should remain the same overall. Everything has been heavily play-tested with official settings.
- Frosbite : Weight/movement penalty up to 50% as your character stays longer and longer in the cold. Freezing UI overlay as the status gets worse. (needs fixing)
- Blizzard : Your favorite SE sandstorm with heavy white fog and proper VFX. (done)
- Coldwave : As the name implies, massive drop in temperatures. (done)
- Global spoil timer is increased by 2 to reflect the reality of perishables in cold environnements. (done)
- Ice ressource/nodes will remain and can be used in preservin bins to recreate the same spoil timer as seen in the electric fridge. (done)
- Custom creature spawner per region to reflect the difficulty per said region. (done)
- Complete revamp of all beacon drops. For example, white drops can yield quality stone tools as well as their BPs, crafted bolas, etc. (done)
- Still debating if I'll keep the idea of a custom ice blocks structures to provide great hypo insulation at the expense of weak structural value. (not even started)

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Played about 200 hours since Genesis released.
Lots of fun as well as tons of bugs and content in dire need of fixing.

The whole drama around the DLC is giving me motivation to resume work on my arctic themed map.

Mechanics used in my small-scale test map will be slightly reworked, but should remain the same overall. Everything has been heavily play-tested with official settings.
- Frosbite : Weight/movement penalty up to 50% as your character stays longer and longer in the cold. Freezing UI overlay as the status gets worse. (needs fixing)
- Blizzard : Your favorite SE sandstorm with heavy white fog and proper VFX. (done)
- Coldwave : As the name implies, massive drop in temperatures. (done)
- Global spoil timer is increased by 2 to reflect the reality of perishables in cold environnements. (done)
- Ice ressource/nodes will remain and can be used in preservin bins to recreate the same spoil timer as seen in the electric fridge. (done)
- Custom creature spawner per region to reflect the difficulty per said region. (done)
- Complete revamp of all beacon drops. For example, white drops can yield quality stone tools as well as their BPs, crafted bolas, etc. (done)
- Still debating if I'll keep the idea of a custom ice blocks structures to provide great hypo insulation at the expense of weak structural value. (not even started)

do you have custom creatures?

22 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

There are too many theropods right now and a limited selection of mammals. Since I'm canadian, I was thinking about the mastodon, elephant-sized, herd creature.

If I would do a theropd, most likely the albertosaurus.

albertosaurus is a good one, gorgosaurus is another as it lived in snowy areas. the feathered rex was basically a rex that was engineered to be an effective hunter in the cold. one that was recently discovered in Canada that my friend is obsessed with is the reaper of death, the new tyranid found in Canada. we chose the wendigo because one of my friends lives in the area where its story is passed down and he had been working on a model for it. if you like i can message you mt discord tag and invite you to the server where we have been working on the maps.