So what did you do in ARK today?

10 hours ago, ThFcChRiS said:

It sounds like you guys are a couple of weeks ahead of me on The Island.

I've just started breeding some 200+ Rex's for bosses and am yet to start my Theri line (I can't find any high levels anywhere!) and I have 5 of the caves completed so a few more left to do!

I have 3 snails and 3 dung beetles and have more paste, poly and oil than I could use!

I did tame a 175 Rare Sighting Daedon which I'll likely take into boss fights.

I've spent way too much time breeding Argy's which is really a waste of time but I love them !!dKxv2Zz.jpg

We bred Argys quite a while back and they have been very useful (although not useful for boss fights).  Argys are our main source of transportation and will likely stay that way until we acquire Tek Teleporters. Since acquiring Cryopods, they are even useful for moving around dinosaurs.  I cannot recall the last time that i even stepped on a raft.  They are great for fighting Alphas mostly because they can choose to leave the fight if it becomes too rough.  They can carry most smaller and medum-sized dinos to drop in a taming pen.  It looks like you are slightly ahead of us on Argy tech.

I would advise breeding that Deaodon and not taking it into a boss fight where there is no escaping.  If you lose it and you have not bred it, you are back at square one.  It is hard to discipline yourself to not just ride your best dinos and instead breed them to get several before risking any that you cannot replace.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

Spent most of my had looking for spino sails. Its almost like when you want to find a spino you cant, but days before I even realised that spino sails existed I could have easily found 10+ whilst not looking for them. Tried to come on to use the trade forum but cant because im an early bird :(

started to breed a rex army, got 7 so far. but I cant keep up with the imprints because of work so theyre all about 80%. 

On 2/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, GaryNorris said:

Spent most of my had looking for spino sails. Its almost like when you want to find a spino you cant, but days before I even realised that spino sails existed I could have easily found 10+ whilst not looking for them. Tried to come on to use the trade forum but cant because im an early bird :(

started to breed a rex army, got 7 so far. but I cant keep up with the imprints because of work so theyre all about 80%. 

When you get to the point where you can build (or acquire, like during the Christmas event) Cryopods, it makes imprinting so much easier.  You can pop out a Rex when you have some time to play the game and them pop them back into the cryopod before you leave the game and they retain the amount of imprinting each time.  Basically, you can accumulate imprinting in increments less than "all at once".  It is best if you can also build cryofridges, but cryopods work with or without cryofridges.  They are just cheaper when you can recharge them instead of crafting more.  Save the old burned out pods because they can be recharged when you can eventually build cryofridges.

21 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

When you get to the point where you can build (or acquire, like during the Christmas event) Cryopods, it makes imprinting so much easier.  You can pop out a Rex when you have some time to play the game and them pop them back into the cryopod before you leave the game and they retain the amount of imprinting each time.  Basically, you can accumulate imprinting in increments less than "all at once".  It is best if you can also build cryofridges, but cryopods work with or without cryofridges.  They are just cheaper when you can recharge them instead of crafting more.  Save the old burned out pods because they can be recharged when you can eventually build cryofridges.

I did not know that cryoing the babys worked! this is a god send

I've  been doing more preparations for solo boss fights on our private pvp Island server.

I finished the remaining caves so have all the artifacts and am just breeding Rex and Theri's.  As I'm getting mutations etc. the older, lower stat dinos are going to be thrown into the gamma bosses just to see how they do (I've never done any boss fights before).  My general plan for the initial bosses is 18/19 Rex/Theri + 1 Yuty and maybe a pig if needed (im not sure)

Depending on how they do (and what you guys may tel me), I may throw them straight into Beta bosses.

I also have Megatheriums breeding as I'm sure they are used in one boss I just can't remember right now.

Once I have my 20 dinos I'll be doing the boss fights on stream, which won't be embarrassing at all if its a complete fail.

Apart from that I have been breeding Argy's for colours and I'll attach the blue one I've recently got when I can upload a photo. (With this yellow mutation and the white colour, it does look like a fried egg when flying above...)

l1Qgmne.jpg

Edited by ThFcChRiS
3 hours ago, ThFcChRiS said:

I've  been doing more preparations for solo boss fights on our private pvp Island server.

I finished the remaining caves so have all the artifacts and am just breeding Rex and Theri's.  As I'm getting mutations etc. the older, lower stat dinos are going to be thrown into the gamma bosses just to see how they do (I've never done any boss fights before).  My general plan for the initial bosses is 18/19 Rex/Theri + 1 Yuty and maybe a pig if needed (im not sure)

Depending on how they do (and what you guys may tel me), I may throw them straight into Beta bosses.

I also have Megatheriums breeding as I'm sure they are used in one boss I just can't remember right now.

Once I have my 20 dinos I'll be doing the boss fights on stream, which won't be embarrassing at all if its a complete fail.

Apart from that I have been breeding Argy's for colours and I'll attach the blue one I've recently got when I can upload a photo. (With this yellow mutation and the white colour, it does look like a fried egg when flying above...)

l1Qgmne.jpg

Megs are broodmother as they get insect bonus when they kill her spider minions. That being said save your time and create uber theri army :) Do all bosses well only downside is veggie cake farming to optimize that.

Theris do wreck though. Big advantage for boss fights is their size, means more can get hits in on the bosses. We levelled some theris last week just to get a friend through gamma dragon. Had 25k health and 800m. Took plenty of damage even with a pig and yuty but none died. Then just for kicks we did alpha spider and alpha monkey and they breezed those fights. Thought the health might be on the low side for them but they eased through. Good luck mate.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, DaveH said:

Theris do wreck though. Big advantage for boss fights is their size, means more can get hits in on the bosses. We levelled some theris last week just to get a friend through gamma dragon. Had 25k health and 800m. Took plenty of damage even with a pig and yuty but none died. Then just for kicks we did alpha spider and alpha monkey and they breezed those fights. Thought the health might be on the low side for them but they eased through. Good luck mate.

That's good to know! Thanks! 

Some colours that came out of the breedingCBK4D2g.jpg

20 hours ago, DaveH said:

Yep actually the biggest positive is size esp against the solo bosses. Not as helpful when you have 2 or more bosses in the arena.