Jump to content

Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Recommended Posts

I really like this topic, Im new to the forums and I like the idea of sharing your daily projects, so I decided to make a post too:

Im playing on legacy servers and since I already have a pretty big base and a lot of dinos, breeding is my daily cup of tea. Today I decided to take out of cryo some owls and argies with nice colors together with a gigantopithecus that got a green face and a 324 base lvl clean tek stego. Still got half of the fridge filled with random babies, but I decided to have a chill day. As I head out with my giga to farm some meat, I notice a pair of orange glowing eyes right in front of my door. I spyglassed that little devil and its lvl 145. Quite high for an island creature, so I decided to tame it. Finished meatrun and returned to base, grabbed shield, stimulants and opened dododex to read something about troodon taming. Suggestion: Build a pen - alright, so I made a stone 2x2 pen with a ramp, waited till next night, lured the spawn of devil inside and tossed a poor lvl 150 poison wyvern baby out. The troodon started panicking, running into walls and refused to eat me or the baby. Frustrated, I punched it. Twice. Tried feeding the baby rare flowers and ate bunch of them myself. All I got was a really pissed trike wandering around and a troodon that ignored me more than a 16y old teenager. With the sunrise I demolished the pen, cryoed the wyvern and unleashed the devil into the wild. Now I remember why I hate passive taming, it seems so random. Next night I noticed the troodon was back on the horse, chasing dodos around, so I uncryoed the baby wyvern, cryoed it back and tossed it out with the cryosickness. That 145 minion of hell noticed our presence, made that victory "rau-rau" shout and jumped into my face. I got surprised and chugged down so many stimulants, my always drunk uncle would be proud of me. Positioned myself at the unconscious wyvern and kept chugging my stimulants while holding the shield. It took 3 bites for the little life-wrecker to kill the wyvern, and a pop-up name table showed up (kinda annoying). Black and blue 217 female dream eater was mine, and this "yolo" process took me less than 2 minutes. Note for myself - dont bother with a taming pen, troodons are klaustrophobic. Now I want to wait for colored event and get another high lvl one with red stripes to make a black/red killing machine.

I have a floor with "mini-dinos", each of them having their own enclosure like a mini petting zoo. Got oviraptors, penguins, hespes, microraptors, vultures, lystros, archaeos, ichtys, dilos, dimos, pegos, compies, dodos and bats, with a troodon finally joining my collection.

Satisfied with my catch, I got back into my breeding house, cryoed babies and called it a night.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, caleb68 said:

when i get stuck in the walk bug, i lay down prone, crawl for a ways then crouch and move forward abit more, go prone then back to walking, usually breaks me out of it.

Yeah it wasn't the crouch bug, but rather the one were your character acts like it is walking in cement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah it wasn't the crouch bug, but rather the one were your character acts like it is walking in cement.

ah the weight bug, i see it more commonly on my dinos then my character. keep a couple thatch on you, wait for the lag session to end, toss one of the thatch out onto the ground.  My dino's will have next to no weight on them, just my weight (which even when full is like 1/4th the lowest travel dinos max) and they'll move like they have all but 100 lbs filled.   It does eventually clear on its own, but its really annoying expecially if your trying to get away from something horrible, i donno, like nameless? alpha rex?

5 hours ago, Erinn said:

Note for myself - dont bother with a taming pen, troodons are klaustrophobic.

make the pen with fence foundations rather then using foundations, same is true if you want to tame a hyena and a couple of the other passives (forget which ones), they need to be on the ground.   Best food i know to toss to them that is low cost - high level adult dodo's, make sure the dino is on passive as well, can't have it harming the Troodon.

Edited by caleb68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after building up levels in the awful area I'm in (at least awful to me. Not very many trees and barely any rocks and almost no metal) I decided that I needed to abandon my base for the moment and try and go to a better area to level up more and finally tame some more dinos and not get my face bitten off constantly. Got myself some decent traveling gear and a parachute (I made my base when the only dino I had was a Pteranadon and made up fairly high thinking it would all workout and then it died lol) and when I log in again I'm gonna go jump off the cliff and try and make up a temp base around the beach area/chalk cliffs and see if I can build up there. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally! I think I am finished with the theri breeding, finally ! Must have spent a better part of a week battling against the RNG and hitting my head against a brick wall, but I got there. Must have hatched a few hundred eggs and even got a good number of mutations none of which I kept. Condensing the stats was easy but implementing my preference of colours added a few more generations of breeding. I'll let the final breeders grow up before taking my lightning wyvern to the countless theris I have accumulated over the breeding project(Theris, theris everywhere !), the wall of red text and the tribe log shall be glorious. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so we took care of that troll. we just blew everything of his up. and we locked him in a metal box with ac on and a deadon on healing. also food and water dont drain on the server. so now i am free to expand my base on the mountain. i was out on my raptor i tamed. i was down on the plains near the volcano looking for something to tame and i was ambushed by a horde of sabers. managed to kill off the low levels. i knocked out a 300, 300, 190 and 180. gave them the mutton and let them tame. once tamed i bred them to get the stats. when i used dododex to compare stats the health was really high, stam was high, weight was average. melee was off the roof. i ended up with a purple coloured saber. i called her kyber (star wars reference). i also got a male purple one which i called mace windu (also star wars). i took kyber out. she was a beast. i got 20k chitin killing bugs on the volcano. on my way back i came across a pack of high lvl raptors. so knocked them out and tamed them. so did not do much aside from tame some sabers and raptors.

Edited by Kodking194
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fulton said:

good idea mabey i can try that

i not sure the deadon will work on official. also an owl works. or you could just knock him out and force feed him soups to reduce food and water consumption, also feed him and give him health brews. make sure the genny is out of his sight. also have narco traps set all around the outside of the box and possibbly have a turret or two protecting the prisoner if they are important, say a tribe leader. also keep it hidden but make sure its easy to access or close by your base. dont have it in your base, cause if he brakes out u are giving him a free pass to take your stuff and learn your layout. i made that mistake once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fulton said:

i normally play pve but may go to pvp soon

if the server is pve u cant knock them out unless you are in their tribe and friendly fire is enabled. what u could do is trick them into the box and lock them in their. again u cant be in their tribe otherwise they will just demolish the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I have finished up breeding I have been running around the cave garbbing up the various artifects. I do have one or two artifacts left over so I decided that it would be a good idea to grab the whole set again. I hit up the central cave for the Artifact of the Clever as well as the Carno Island cave for the Artifact of the Devious last night, thankfully nothing bad happened, although I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a megalania on the wall next to me.

I spent tonight on three other caves with my Baryonyx. I started off on the lava cave, had to get that one out the way first I hate dealing with the lava. Got the Artifact of the Massive without much of an issue. Then swung round to the lower south cave, that cave is an absolute breeze, grabbed the Hunter with no issues. Finished off in the Upper south cave for the Pack. Think this is one of the first times I have done that cave without getting lost. I did have a heart attack when a sarco ambushed me out the water towards the artifact chamber, but apart from that I came out unscathed. 

All I need to get now are the Brute, Skylord and the Strong. I am not looking forward to the Strong, last attempt I made it to the room before the artifact before retreating. Heck even the Skylord I am not looking forward to that, sure its easy but I have a habit of pulling off bad jumps. I Already have the Immune and the Cunning, but I'll do them again for the fun.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Now that I have finished up breeding I have been running around the cave garbbing up the various artifects. I do have one or two artifacts left over so I decided that it would be a good idea to grab the whole set again. I hit up the central cave for the Artifact of the Clever as well as the Carno Island cave for the Artifact of the Devious last night, thankfully nothing bad happened, although I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a megalania on the wall next to me.

I spent tonight on three other caves with my Baryonyx. I started off on the lava cave, had to get that one out the way first I hate dealing with the lava. Got the Artifact of the Massive without much of an issue. Then swung round to the lower south cave, that cave is an absolute breeze, grabbed the Hunter with no issues. Finished off in the Upper south cave for the Pack. Think this is one of the first times I have done that cave without getting lost. I did have a heart attack when a sarco ambushed me out the water towards the artifact chamber, but apart from that I came out unscathed. 

All I need to get now are the Brute, Skylord and the Strong. I am not looking forward to the Strong, last attempt I made it to the room before the artifact before retreating. Heck even the Skylord I am not looking forward to that, sure its easy but I have a habit of pulling off bad jumps. I Already have the Immune and the Cunning, but I'll do them again for the fun.

 

do you have a otter? if so they can hold tons of artifacts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

All I need to get now are the Brute, Skylord and the Strong. I am not looking forward to the Strong, last attempt I made it to the room before the artifact before retreating. Heck even the Skylord I am not looking forward to that, sure its easy but I have a habit of pulling off bad jumps. I Already have the Immune and the Cunning, but I'll do them again for the fun.

You can also get artifacts on other maps and bring them over to the map your playing on, some of those are easy to get on Ragnarok.  I've taken artifacts to other maps just because i was missing one or 2 on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fulton said:

do you have a otter? if so they can hold tons of artifacts.

Of course. I had my prized cyan/blue otter with me, so I grabbed 3 of each artifact. Could only be bothered waiting around for the 3rd of each artifact to respawn.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

You can also get artifacts on other maps and bring them over to the map your playing on, some of those are easy to get on Ragnarok.  I've taken artifacts to other maps just because i was missing one or 2 on them.

I could but wheres the fun in that 😛 I decided that it would be fun to grab all of the artifacts on the Island rather than grabbing them elsewhere. I particularly want to conquer the hard snow cave for the Strong rather than skimping out and grabbing it of Ragnarok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I could but wheres the fun in that 😛 I decided that it would be fun to grab all of the artifacts on the Island rather than grabbing them elsewhere. I particularly want to conquer the hard snow cave for the Strong rather than skimping out and grabbing it of Ragnarok.

One my two tribemates and i went in there with rex at first and theri in the smaller tunnel areas further down, and it wasn't too bad, just got to take your time and watch for the little dirt mounds that mark where the perlovia are, im sure if you rush it the cave turns into a nightmare fast, I can see one getting a large swarm rather fast on them doing it that way and dying from it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

One my two tribemates and i went in there with rex at first and theri in the smaller tunnel areas further down, and it wasn't too bad, just got to take your time and watch for the little dirt mounds that mark where the perlovia are, im sure if you rush it the cave turns into a nightmare fast, I can see one getting a large swarm rather fast on them doing it that way and dying from it.

Thats what I essentially did on my last attempt. I used a rex in the first section and swapped out to a thyla for the smaller tunnel area and then back to the rex again. I took my time and everything fishing out the purlovias where I could. I basically ran out off health on my rexes in the last chamber before the artifact before I had to beat a retreat, I was so close. I like the sound of using theris though for the tunnel part, never thought about that. I'll probably try that out with veggie cakes.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, Kodking194 said:

i not sure the deadon will work on official. also an owl works. or you could just knock him out and force feed him soups to reduce food and water consumption, also feed him and give him health brews. make sure the genny is out of his sight. also have narco traps set all around the outside of the box and possibbly have a turret or two protecting the prisoner if they are important, say a tribe leader. also keep it hidden but make sure its easy to access or close by your base. dont have it in your base, cause if he brakes out u are giving him a free pass to take your stuff and learn your layout. i made that mistake once.

Someone has kidnapped a player or two lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVE-Official-TheIsland

I started out the day tossing out babies to have them raise up abit, 5 rexs, 2 megalinias, 1 dieno, and a mana.  As they sat comfortably in my hatchery growing room, i ran around and collected meat, then stone, wood, and some metal.  Cooked the meat, shoved the tek troughs full, and repeated, kept doing this till about noon, at that point I helped my mate take his metal over to go play for a event ice wyvern clone, red and green, he was happy. then back to farming materials.  Managed to get 100k stone and a bit of wood n' thatch to go with it.

PVE-Official-ScorchedEarth

Headed to scorched earth and did 3 caves there, the last one though, we didn't know about the developer placed 'death crate' a red drop that looked like you could get to it but couldn't as you died before you could scale all the way to it.  Rip thyla, tek gear and previous 2 artifacts from the caves. lesson learned.  After retrieving the artifact from that cave we headed back to the island.

PVE-Offical-Valguero

Didn't spend much time there today, just hopped on to feed dinos and left afterwards, I'll be able to work on the base there more though with the materials I collected on the island fo building walls, ceilings, and foundations. that 100k stone should last me till hrm.... tuesday... haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...