So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Day 2 of the new server. Hopped on my ptera to go look for an argent since the ptera can hardly carry my weight. Located a 125 black on black argent with bright green tips on it's feathers. Decided that was the one for me. Managed to knock him out and went to gathering supplies for a temporary wooden spike barricade to protect him. Few seconds later I'm alerted that my ptera was killed by a raptor. Joy,...now I have to make a saddle on the spot for this argent or we're not getting home since my base is flyer access only. Fortunately was able to round up the supplies for the saddle. Took my new family member home and parked him. Ptera will be missed,.....kind of.

Interesting day for me. Tamed a level 5 Steggo for egg purposes - as soon as it tamed a wild argie swooped in and killed it.

Tamed a dolphin. While I was naming it and lagged, a 120 Megoladon killed it and almost me.

Tamed a Megoladon. While having it follow me back to base a 105 electrophorus aggro'd it. RIP megalodon as it went chasing and stood no chance, while I tried to whistle it off on my raft.

Tamed a bronto. This one made it home...

Yesterday was a good Ark day:

Amongst other stuff, i bought dilo kibble from a mate in my server (in exchange for a bronto platform saddle) and managed to find and tame a 140lvl Ankylo who came out to be pretty strong. I then did a good Quetzal+Ankylo run for metal but it was too late and i called it a day. I am now closer to getting the mats for the Industrial Grinder. I hope i can build it tonight. Soon, i'll be heading to SE to try and find a Beelzebufo saddle to do the caves with my 2 high level frogs. Aside that, it's been peaceful in my PVP server lately. Maybe a little too peaceful. 

Yesterday was a planned maintenance day.

Popped my daily batch of micros and got my first color mutation, magenta "skin" aka feet and hands. Pretty wild on an animal with such a bland natural palette, though it's not one of my favorite colors. Also got a nice melee mutation on one of my other ones. The rest were not worth keeping.

After they hit juvie I went out and did a quick oil run.

Came back, got the gas cooking and basically just spent some time cleaning and organizing my storage boxes. Got enough gas into both gens for the rest of the week, then logged for the night.

It's hard to get a good screenshot of the mutated micro but I'll see what I can do for next time.

On 5/23/2017 at 11:36 AM, Fool said:

Where's a good fishing spot? Looking to get into this and have some sap lying around.

Well, anywhere you can find lots of coel.  I fish in the mouth of the river just west of stonehenge, by my current base.

Life interferes with ARK, that is a fact.  Weather has been nice, and work needs to be done.  But, I decided I'd load up the game for an hour or two last night and get something done.

First, had to update.  It's 9 p,m,  Update finishes.  Load game.  S+ has to update.  Sigh.  Read changelog for S+.  It's 9:30.  Finally get to load game, it loads in at about 9:45.  Well, there goes nearly an hour.  More startup lag than usual, and oh wonderful, the fix for s+ multi-lamps resetting position has changed them all back to auto on/off. :S  Grab the light setter and go about correcting that, and replacing the one lamp that ended up upside down.  Well, so much for a productive session.

Took a quick look at what needed to be done.  Alright, if I don't start on the new base, it will never get done, and I've decided I'm not going to carry all the mats to my base, make the parts, and then carry them all the way to the green obi.  I'm going to build a workshop up there, and craft the parts on site.  That means I'll need a generator shack, and a place to put the ind. forge as well.  So I made up 20 metal foundations, 80 walls, 20 ceilings, and a couple of the new double doors in s+.  This will also give me a spawn point by the obi, so I can go back to SE for a bit a relearn the engrams, and fast travel between the bases.  I'll use the bronto or a Q as transport, or might just upload/download the stuff.  I'll also need to move my achatinas up there.  Oh joy.  Loaded up an argy with the stuff, and headed north.

Well, the plan was working out, until I got almost to the obi.  There's a diplo getting munched on by dilos, nothing unusual there.  Lvl 80.  Nope, don't start or you'll not get even a single foundation down.  Raptor runs through the spyglass view.  125 male.  Sigh.  Fly down, tranq him, check stats.  He's specialized, and I have the kibble on me, and am not going to pass up an opportunity for a new high stat.  Slap some kibble in him, deal with the dilo that is roaming around, he stands up.  Re-check stats.  Ok, I'm convinced this is wrong, but I can't find evidence otherwise.  He has better than 200 more stamina than my best, and is a 187.  46 levels in stam!  He spent nearly half of his bonus levels in stam!  That adds a few levels to the pool.  Ok, taking him home, right after we deal with the lvl 80 female that just found us.

Well, there goes the plan, again.  Took him home, and decided to throw him in with my hp specialized female.  I need to get the raptor program going again.  Did some quick math in my head, and with this new addition, I should be in the 260-270 range once all the high stats are together.  I don't even want to look at the time.  So I do that, and check smart breeding.  It says to throw my other 193 female in with my 225 male.  Makes sense.  Took one egg, and swapped pairs out in the pen.  Egg popped at a 207, and honestly not bad looking colors, will keep him.  Not bad for the first run.  Messed around the base, letting several eggs drop and hatch.  Junk, junk, junk, junk, 236!  Yep, got a male with full high rolls, and he managed not to inherit his father's ugly green color.  He got his mother's earth color.  This is the next step.  Just need the other 2 high stats in there.  What was I gonna do tonight again?

Looked at the time.  12:45 a.m.  What happened to an hour or two?  Oh yeah, updates and raptors.  Today is going to be hell, cause I've stayed up until tomorrow, again.

I spent quite awhile gathering resources to make a couple dozen cannon balls.

Made a nice little Rock Elemental trap for the lvl 92 I found not far from my base.

Lured him into the trap, jumped on the cannon and started wailing away at him. It took longer than I thought, but knocked him out.

Flew back to my base and got some sulfur ready and started my starve timer.

Waited.

Flew back to him hours later and tamed him. Set him to follow me and my ptera on our quick walk back to the base.

Uncovered anther lvl 20 on the way back ... which quickly destroyed the lvl ~138 I was trying to get back to the base.

Easy come easy go.

Edited by Currahee
speling

Well, 2 days in since a heart wrenching total foundation wipe, i woke up to my remote 2x2 vegetable hut being rocketed, because why not. I hid until the wyvern flew off, and to my surprise the carrots were completely unharmed! Praise the alphas! My plans to make dodo kibble would not be delayed.

Soon I was in the redwoods on my iguana, Don, scouting for a good ptera. Was having zero luck. Got jumped by a silent ninja rex from behind, luckily he was lvl 20. Just as i was about to drop him, a pego robs me of my 17 kibble. >:( i look around and see one scuttling off, chase him down, kill him, he's carrying 26 wood and NO kibble. Excellent.

I have successfully defended my base solo with my sniper and plant x. Against a tribe with 3 members lvl 70+. my raptor 96 died during the raid they went away with no loot. Next day whole base wiped check log an alpha tribe helped them raid me. im just lvl 72 solo my dinos dead my stuff all gone. well time to fix my base again. A normal day in ark survival pvp

Tames 2 para's, a trike, a raptor, 2 dilo's, 2 dimorphodons, an oviraptor and a doedicurus. Completed the spiked wall around my base and built some more primitive plus stuff. I felt pretty safe since a rex got stuck in the spiked wall the first time. The second rex stepped right over it O.o RIP 1 dilo, raptor, para, trike and oviraptor. Damn...  

Well I ended up coming home late last night, seems to happen a lot. So literally all I did was hatch my micros. Ended up with lots of good levels, in fact enough to replace basically my entire current micro flock. I'll need to tame some new micros soon to get some fresh blood and better colors into my lines. As for the evening though, I just got them all to juvenile and then logged for the night.

I did also get an opportunity to take a good screenshot of my color mutation, say hello to Fuchsia:

20170526073619_1.thumb.jpg.bf5a6b76753c517e0b24e2e17e9c4a35.jpg

She's doing her best Rodan impression lol.

Edited by Cymas

Ugh, forum ate my long post analyzing stat specialization.  Not redoing all that.

So, went to raise my new guard dogs and the one breeding raptor.  Friend invited me to ride back with him to his home system in Elite.  Why not, haven't played elite in months.  After taking the fighter out, buzzing the cockpit, boosting off the cockpit nearly making him spill his food, and other shenanigans, we made it to his home.  Didn't get to blow anything up. :( So, continued the exploration trip I started 10 months ago.  At this rate, I might get finished with this around 2025 or so.....