So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I havent been able to play for over a week now. Waiting so much to get back to play. The thing is that i have been at my dads house and still am there. So i have only my laptop which is not powerful AT ALL and it does not have enough space for ark. Luckily my tribe mate has been able to play

Edited by Tonza

Went out looking for rexes, allos, or an otter to tame.

Came up with absolutely nothing. I don't think I even saw a single rex over level 100. The allos were even worse.

Did kill an alpha rex surprisingly easily with my bird. Granted it was a low level. I don't even have my ascendant saddle on it, got a BP in a drop and have been gathering mats. Should have enough to craft one now but forgot to check before logging for the day.

After burning out and not playing for several months I started fresh on official PvE. I found a friendly Island server with only minimal pillar spam and even a friendly player offering help to new survivors. I made a thatch 3x3 temporary base and tamed a level 55 parasaur. I'm working on pre crafting a wooden base and finding a more permanent base location before too many other tames. The parasaur will help carry the wooden base and crafting is really helping me level.

Edited by Richman4

I went to my main base and cryopodded all my dino's except 5, so i have less to worry about while i play with the new character on the new dlc map.  its been a struggle as alpha rexs keep wandering into my base there, lost 3 freshly tamed rexs in 3 days do to that and a bronto, so many hours of taming just gone.  Still trying though, hopefully i'll get a decent base made soon :)

• Like 1

PS4 - unofficial

So last week I discovered a server cluster that has every map, and thus far seems to have decent settings and drops.

Today I decided to donate $ to the server cluster, as I really appreciate a cluster with every map, and they already said they will add Valguero when it comes to console.

Leaving work now, so after my 71 mile commute home, I will be playing tonight!

• Like 1

PvE Official Day 2

I didn't get a chance to play much today but I finished a 4x4 wooden base on the beach. Tamed 3 for is (2 female and a male) for kibble. I build my first forge but didnt have the engram points any metal tools yet. 

Goals for tomorrow: 

Tame a decent level pt

Go on a small crystal run so I can make a spyglass

Possible build an argy trap and tame a low level argy to use as a pack mule while farming since I can't get a saddle for awhile

• Like 2

Continued the hunt for rexes. I don't know how widely known this is but you can use the getallstate command to see how many are actually active on the map, sort of like a budget S+ transmitter without any useful data. Showed a total of 16 including 1 alpha and 2 tek. Total number of rexes found: 5 and the alpha.

Granted I already knew where the alpha was, it was an 85 so I didn't want to mess with it. Note the use of past tense. I was able to craft the ascendant saddle for my bird, only 79 armor but hey better than primitive. So, when I ended up in its territory again I decided to take it on. Worst case I pull up and out if I get too bad. And well, it was a bit dicey towards the end but we successfully downed the alpha. Not bad for an unmutated bird! I bet with a few stacked muts and a better saddle a 150 would be killable.

My frustration with the map rising, I decided to take drastic measures. No, I didn't spawn anything in. I did go to reddit and pull up something I remembered seeing recently--a level equalizer, basically someone compiled a whole mess of game code to give the vanilla maps the same spawn levels as Ragnarok/The Center. Works on PC and console, SP and servers, with files for all maps. All you have to do is paste it into the game.ini. Here's the link for anyone else who wants to use it: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/bbrrul/updated_level_equalizer/

Tomorrow I will do a dino wipe and test it out for myself.

• Like 1

PS4 - Ragnarok - UNofficial PvE

Transferred from The island on this cluster to Rag. found a spot for a small base, and spent the evening grinding, hitting boosted drops, and was able to build a nice little base.  They don't want people using gates around bases (lag) so and admin came by and gave me 20 Plant X turrets.  I had never seen those before. Plant X, sure, but these are the Plant X turrets ...no growing or upkeep required.  Got those placed around the base, and then headed out to tame some dinos. (I already have a pair of high level rexs, pair of high level pteras and a raptor at The Island base.  But I wanted to grab a griffin or two, and I always tame a Tek rex if spotted. (if level is good)

So I leave the base, and am about 200 yards away (base still in render) when I see a high level Tek rex.  I quickly trap it, and knock it out and tame it. Since it was so close, I just walked it back to base, leveling it up on the way and getting a ton of pelt. (My base is near the beaver creek by Green OB.)

Back on my ptera, I head towards th Griff spawn, and see high level Griffin attacking a tek Stego.  Well I was able to trap the griffin while it was focused on the stego, and was able to ko and tame it up. At the same time, I KO'd the Tek stego too, as I need a berry gathere dino for this map.

Cryopod'd them both and headed back to base.

I then hit the wyvern trench looking for a Fire egg.  I searched and searched, and kited away many fire wyverns, but could only find Lightning and and Poison eggs.  I'm not a fan of either, but I took the high level Lightning egg, and then asked if anyone would trade a fire egg for it.

Found a guy who would trade, but he didn't want the egg. Wanted Poly or element instead.  Since I was low on element, I crafted up a bunch of poly and made the trade.

Tonight I will hatch it.

• Like 2

So yeah no wonder I've been super down can't play/focus etc. I got tonsillitis a week later a cold then I got strep. FML.

On the plus side I have time off work so all's good can just play ark and recouperate.

Building up on a pve server and really enjoying playing again thank you @Dink for recommendation and to @SaltyMonkeyfor letting me join in. Maybe this was a change I needed.

I'm really enjoying ark again even though I'm camping out in my PJ's with more meds than a pharmacy. No longer tethered on Xbox to a radius I can't escape from my other half of 16 years. Sometimes you just need to do your own thing. Haha

Wish I could understand a few things in game though like why the f do I always hit the wrong button when trying to escape an attack on low level flyer.. no panic brain opening your inventory at this time isn't needed. Neither is dismounting a passive tame the best course of action at that time.

I do have a couple of questions though we started on rag on a cluster server, I'm assuming we can travel back and forth between arks. If that's the case where would people find it easier to do some loot drops for the better ascendant loot? I did have a file on my broken laptop. Don't drop laptops is the only advice I have here. 

@Cymas sorry I've not been keeping up properly how's the base going?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

So yeah no wonder I've been super down can't play/focus etc. I got tonsillitis a week later a cold then I got strep. FML.

On the plus side I have time off work so all's good can just play ark and recouperate.

Building up on a pve server and really enjoying playing again thank you @Dink for recommendation and to @SaltyMonkeyfor letting me join in. Maybe this was a change I needed.

I'm really enjoying ark again even though I'm camping out in my PJ's with more meds than a pharmacy. No longer tethered on Xbox to a radius I can't escape from my other half of 16 years. Sometimes you just need to do your own thing. Haha

Wish I could understand a few things in game though like why the f do I always hit the wrong button when trying to escape an attack on low level flyer.. no panic brain opening your inventory at this time isn't needed. Neither is dismounting a passive tame the best course of action at that time.

I do have a couple of questions though we started on rag on a cluster server, I'm assuming we can travel back and forth between arks. If that's the case where would people find it easier to do some loot drops for the better ascendant loot? I did have a file on my broken laptop. Don't drop laptops is the only advice I have here. 

@Cymas sorry I've not been keeping up properly how's the base going?

Rag is good for starting getting gear. Run desert red crates and the ice cave entrance (you can fly here) to get most useful asc stuff. Then once youre established; Island Swamp cave.

No worries :) Enjoy and see you ingame. I didnt know there was a @Dink show yourself, imposter!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Rag is good for starting getting gear. Run desert red crates and the ice cave entrance (you can fly here) to get most useful asc stuff. Then once youre established; Island Swamp cave.

No worries :) Enjoy and see you ingame. I didnt know there was a @Dink show yourself, imposter!!

Wow I got that tag wrong.. seeing myself out now. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh I must have missed the chat ! Looking forward to seeing you about on the cluster :)

It was via PM :P

So @AngrySaltire and i are planning our Val playthrough when it drops for console.. were trying to do something a little different to spice it up, as we did with Rag. We did no fliers at the start and before i grabbed any wyverns I had to steal eggs with a Pelagornis. Was fun and rewarding.

This time were thinking a true no fliers go. We kind of caved after a few weeks haha. Trying to get other cluster memebers on board but were asking for ideas from the thread. Weve done the whole 'no transfers' on Rag - lasted a few months actually. Was rewarding. Another server member is doing this and has thrown the idea of Primitive playthrough - but those cryopods are so nice so not entirely sure yet.

Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, d1nk said:

It was via PM :P

So @AngrySaltire and i are planning our Val playthrough when it drops for console.. were trying to do something a little different to spice it up, as we did with Rag. We did no fliers at the start and before i grabbed any wyverns I had to steal eggs with a Pelagornis. Was fun and rewarding.

This time were thinking a true no fliers go. We kind of caved after a few weeks haha. Trying to get other cluster memebers on board but were asking for ideas from the thread. Weve done the whole 'no transfers' on Rag - lasted a few months actually. Was rewarding. Another server member is doing this and has thrown the idea of Primitive playthrough - but those cryopods are so nice so not entirely sure yet.

Any ideas?

I've lost my voice I want to do prim as does other half he has no choice haha . But that sounds mean he really does want to do prim! 

Could live without cropods

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Like 1

Unofficial xbox - The Centre:

Hatched 4 more owls but have only ended up with one. Didn't keep 2 and one starved when I was distracted. 

Went on a hunt for a second high level argy to breed with my 150 but after building my trap, I couldn't find anything over 72 so aborted that and got into some random tussles to kill time. 

Then came across a 100 Argy and figured it was the best of a bad bunch level wise, cool stark black and grey plumage so decided it was coming home with me. 

Finished up with yet another owl egg (forgot to turn of mating and had parked my male owl next to a girl... Randy bugger) and an argy egg which I hatched before cramming then full of meat and plopping them down next to Nanny Daedon to see if they survive the night. 

Then ended up dealing with my 5 year old boy waking up crying and unable to breathe properly (think he's come down with croup) and a fiancé who hurt herself badly enough when rushing up to him that she ended up having a seizure. ?

So ark fell by the wayside for the rest of the night 

• Like 1

Finally started building my beacon on rag sp. I kept getting lost out at night so i figured some fire would do it.

Made a nice tower with 2 fireplaces in it only to find out they hardly give off any light....

So anyone got any tips for this i am all ears.

Went and tamed my first Otter, its so cute that I went looking for a female too. No luck so far, going back at it tomorrow.

Edited by Thedodowhisperer
Typos

On 6/26/2019 at 9:38 PM, Richman4 said:

PvE Official Day 2

Goals for tomorrow: 

Tame a decent level pt

Go on a small crystal run so I can make a spyglass

Possible build an argy trap and tame a low level argy to use as a pack mule while farming since I can't get a saddle for awhile

PvE Official Day 3

Well I didn't follow any of my goals from yesterday. I decided I need a good method of getting prime meat and I need to level up a bit before taming a PT (currently level 24). I found a mid level raptor, 55 I think, so I tamed him. Also a low level tek parasaur. I'd like to start breading them once I get a male and female. The element dust and electronics will slowly pile up. Someones base despawned near me so I picked up their loot. I got a bow and some traq arrows. That war really helpful as I haven't unlocked a bow yet because of limited engram points. I made about 15 basic kibble although I won't be taming much with that anymore. Found a compost bin in a supply drop so I tamed a low level phinomia to keep it full. 

Goals for tomorrow:

Start a small farm and tame some more raptors to continue my kibble farm. 

Maybe tame a trike for faster berries if I find a decent level. 

If I see a high level parasaur or two parasaur I'll kibble tame it. If its male I'll breed with my female.

Tame a pt if I see a high level. No rush at I still need 14 more levels till I can get a saddle so no reason to settle for a low level

• Like 1

@SnowboundGem Funny you should mention my base...

So on Wednesday night after I had posted, I kept thinking about testing the level equalizer code I had set up. So I hopped back in game, did a dino wipe and took my bird out to scout for a little bit. Oh, it worked all right. I am never playing a vanilla map without this code ever again. Luckily files exist for SE, Aberration and Extinction too, not just The Island. One of the first animals I came across? 145 spino. One of the next animals I found was a 140 baryonyx. I carried it home and tamed it since those are short and super easy tames thanks to Gulliver. Then I logged out again, feeling super excited to play again.

Then I got home yesterday, logged in and...where is 2/3rds of my base? Almost nothing but the platform and the roofs were left standing. Even my hitching post was gone and my beetles were crawling amok. It turns out there was what is now a very rare S+ update overnight and any save created after about 930 EST was affected...legit the one time in ages I stayed up late to play. Great. The only way to save my base(s) was to roll my Ark back to a previous save. Bye bye breedable baryonyx, spino I was planning to tame, and anything else I saw last night. Sigh. On the other hand if that hadn't worked I would have likely scrapped the whole save and started fresh again, so there's that. But basically everything I did yesterday was wiped since I found absolutely nothing before that bary, that was why I went ahead and put the equalizer in in the first place.

Still didn't find any rexes, but I at least came across multiple that were over 100, which is great to see. The nice thing about this code is that unlike the spawners on the DLC maps, it doesn't achieve this by simply removing half the spawn levels, it just makes every level have the same spawn frequency rate. Without it you're 7x more likely to find high levels on DLC maps than vanilla. This to me is inexcusable--either the DLC maps should have launched without that code, or the vanilla maps should have been equalized on their own to match the DLC maps.

I did end up finding a 145 argent with 34 melee wild...you bet I tamed that bird. She stood up with 48 melee, a not insignificant increase over my previous 41. So I flew home and spent some time breeding that into my argent line. It's not even really a line, considering I just have the two birds...

Granted, high wild stats doesn't necessarily mean it tames out that way. I found another bird with 33 stamina wild, tamed it and only got 45, when my current high roll is 46. Did get slightly higher HP, 36 to my current 34, which I know is still pretty low but it's better than I had so I'm working that in too. It's not really super necessary at this point but since I don't have anything else going on it's fine.

@Richman4 Tame a seagull for super easy prime meat, set it to hunt and retrieve and have it attack dodos. Harvest the body when it drops it for you and you'll get prime meat. Also works for fish prime from fish.

Edited by Cymas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started off last night on Ragnarok by helping one of the guys out with a problem in the wyvern trench. The wyverns were not respawning and so eggs were not being laid. Turns out he wasnt leaving render distantance to allow the wyverns to respawn. I just quickly cleared the trench using our nearby pill box and cleared a few nest just to try and completly reset the trench. Scored a 190 fire egg in the process, still havent told the guy that yet he'd be heart broken lol.

Then hoped across to Aberration to do another metal run. Found out that the forge had run out of fuel half way through the last batch of metal so I only needed to empty the ingots and then do half the required trips to fill up the forge. We're going to have so much metal soon that I actually might be able to keep up with D1nks metal demand. Apparantly he used 50k metal last weekend to make 5 teleporters o . O

Finished off the night in the ocean on The Island looking for a nice black and white basilosaurus so that I can do a bit more whale breeding and get us a nice pair of breeding orca style basilos. I am not looking for high levels, just the required colours to breed into our current breeders so even a level 5 would do. Only found 2 whales in the time I was under water, none of which were black. Its annoying as the last time I was underwater I was literally tripping over whales, I swear Ark knows what your looking for sometimes. I did run into an alpha tusos and then an alpha mosa so that at least made the trip worth it.

Now I just feel guilty as it looks like I guilt tripped d1nk into making me one of our nice OP rock drake saddles, which I have been meaning to make ever since d1nk found the bp. I wasnt actually expecting you to make me one, your too kind. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ps4 -Unofficial  Cluster

I transferred over to Abberation and set about taming up some glow pets.  First I got a 1 male and 3 females Bulb dogs, as I found 2 sheep right off the bat, so I had raw mutton for days.

Then I headed out trying to find featherlights or shine horns.  Never saw a featherlight, but did end up taming 3 shine horns. Unfortunately all female. I searched for 2 hours and only found 4 total and all were female. Grrrr.

Built a nice little outpost at the north border of the map, tamed a few Ravagers ans a tek stego.  Then spent an hour hitting loot drops and killing tek dinos for dust. However about 1/2 thru, I stopped getting dust from tek dinos. Only Oil and scrap metal.  Not sure why that was, but it sucked.

Finally I transferred back to Rag base and threw out the glow pets I brought over. Then logged off.

I fear that @SnowboundGem has given me a virus, as I got sick yesterday, and now have a terrible sore throat, fever and overall crud.

I'm not sure how I got it from her, seeing as how I have no idea where she lives, or who she is. But with today's advancements in computers and technology; I wouldn't be surprised if her sickness transferred to me via this forum!  LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Started off last night on Ragnarok by helping one of the guys out with a problem in the wyvern trench. The wyverns were not respawning and so eggs were not being laid. Turns out he wasnt leaving render distantance to allow the wyverns to respawn. I just quickly cleared the trench using our nearby pill box and cleared a few nest just to try and completly reset the trench. Scored a 190 fire egg in the process, still havent told the guy that yet he'd be heart broken lol.

Then hoped across to Aberration to do another metal run. Found out that the forge had run out of fuel half way through the last batch of metal so I only needed to empty the ingots and then do half the required trips to fill up the forge. We're going to have so much metal soon that I actually might be able to keep up with D1nks metal demand. Apparantly he used 50k metal last weekend to make 5 teleporters o . O

Finished off the night in the ocean on The Island looking for a nice black and white basilosaurus so that I can do a bit more whale breeding and get us a nice pair of breeding orca style basilos. I am not looking for high levels, just the required colours to breed into our current breeders so even a level 5 would do. Only found 2 whales in the time I was under water, none of which were black. Its annoying as the last time I was underwater I was literally tripping over whales, I swear Ark knows what your looking for sometimes. I did run into an alpha tusos and then an alpha mosa so that at least made the trip worth it.

Now I just feel guilty as it looks like I guilt tripped d1nk into making me one of our nice OP rock drake saddles, which I have been meaning to make ever since d1nk found the bp. I wasnt actually expecting you to make me one, your too kind. 

Haha that was just a joke in discord. I did use like 20k ingots though! No guilt mate, I like crafting big stuff and it was fun!

Started off last night by sorting my old beautiful quetz line from last Rag rotation. Had a few on the center but they were all females.. had two eggs in the fridge thankfully, brought it over to Rag and hatched them - got a male eith the good stats and my awesome all black with red wing membrane colours. Hatched a giga and imprinted a few times while waiting flr the eggs. A server member needs some good quetz, were going to focus more on Extinction bosses soon now that people on the server are finally catching up to us with Gigas and MEKs

Did a bit of building at the rag base, installed a few dedi storages and cleaned up our bird parking. Started gathering mats into the cloud to send over to abb to make some rock drake saddles.

Hopped over to Ab, brought 10k ingots into our production base from our metal spot, got a whack of hide and fibre then logged on my crafter alt made two asc rock drake saddles.

If I get time this weekend ill finish my quetz line to breeding stage and sort out a few more imprints and tames. If i do get on at a decent time maybe ill get some people together for red osds or such.

• Like 3