Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

semi-lost my reaper last night. Was in drake pit and trying to climb back up to top (that one area a spino can reach), messed up the jump and went hurling towards the end of that nook (anyone been down there you know that emptyish area past the yellow egg area)

Well at the end of that dead end is a giant dino swallowing hole, that my reaper conveniently perfectly landed in as I missed the jump above and to the left towards those upper nest.

It's stuck in a fall animation, can't do anything. Friend was able to go get his drake and back it up just enough for me to board and evacuate with the good drake eggs/suits at least.

Now I await the slow support process hoping a GM responds before the reaper dies of starvation :(

yO6GQjc.png

5kuxTeH.png

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Aberration 

Got on last night and continued with my preparations for entering the drake trench. I uncryoed all 17 of my megalosaurus's and leveled and saddled them. Did the same with my spino. Hoped onto my spino and had 12 megas on follow and recryoed 5 megas to reduce what I was dragging down, and started the descent through the blue, purple and then into the red zone. Its always a bit nerve wracking doing this, theres always a chance a megalo does something stupid and runs of a cliff. Kept the squad on passive at all times to reduce the likelihood of this happening, unless I was confident of where I was and I needed to deal with powerful aggressive dino. I ran into basilisks twice, but neither of them knew what hit them when I whistled neutral. 

Got to the end of the red zone without a hitch and started down the cavern to the trench entrance. Made it to the trenches and found my way down to my desired trench, the main one behind the elemental waterfall.  Deployed my rock drake so I could start raiding the nests and so i had a way out of here. The spino was used for ease of access and to act as a passive anchor for the megalosaurus. Started raiding the nests while I waited for the cryosickness to wear off so I could deploy the final 5 megalosaurus. Annoyingly the megas do prefer their secondary attack but they eventually  do switch to their primary attack and they are in such numbers that this doesnt really matter. It wasn't to bad a haul either as I wasnt really planning on grabbing too many eggs, 3 150, 2 160 and 1 170 eggs. Stayed down until I had to change out of my tek armour and into my hazard suit. 

Now I have the squad down in the trench, all I need to do when I want a few drake eggs is to grab a drake and glide all the way down from the fertile zone to the trench. I can now farm eggs without the fear of becoming swamped by angry drakes. 

How come you didn't just take the spino down alone and uncryo at bottom? Would of been a lot easier than dealing with all those on follow.

though since you have a drake, you can raid the nest solo with just a drake. Grab an egg and glide away out of render distance, it will deaggro them all. Rinse and repeat.

2 minutes ago, Aikar said:

How come you didn't just take the spino down alone and uncryo at bottom? Would of been a lot easier than dealing with all those on follow.

though since you have a drake, you can raid the nest solo with just a drake. Grab an egg and glide away out of render distance, it will deaggro them all. Rinse and repeat.

Multiple reasons really. It would take an insane amount of time to wait down there with cryo sickness to deploy all 18 dinos down there. TBF if I did that I could have glided down on my drake in about 30 seconds. I just didnt fancy going down there on my drake and uncryo everything down there. I mean I could have done it but I judged it was safer and less stressful this way. Also I like the walk down.

I used to raid the nests solo just on a drake but that too was too dangerous too. Too easy to get caught by a pack of angry drakes or make a mistake and end up falling into the river. This way I can nick eggs in the trench on drake back and lead all aggroed drakes to my squad who shred any and all wild drakes. I can nick multiple eggs in a fraction of the time that it would take to use a drake to grab an egg and leave render distance. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Multiple reasons really. It would take an insane amount of time to wait down there with cryo sickness to deploy all 18 dinos down there. TBF if I did that I could have glided down on my drake in about 30 seconds. I just didnt fancy going down there on my drake and uncryo everything down there. I mean I could have done it but I judged it was safer and less stressful this way. Also I like the walk down.

I used to raid the nests solo just on a drake but that too was too dangerous too. Too easy to get caught by a pack of angry drakes or make a mistake and end up falling into the river. This way I can nick eggs in the trench on drake back and lead all aggroed drakes to my squad who shred any and all wild drakes. I can nick multiple eggs in a fraction of the time that it would take to use a drake to grab an egg and leave render distance. 

Here's the path I take: 

https://gameclipscontent-d3004.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274831544232-private/e8530b3e-a979-4bf9-b8b6-568a4e09379a.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=QPPUiryh407QOz26okxT4HsW79B0NWMQ899RvwpmtRw%3D&__gda__=1560531796_2536821a2541dc1814109ad56b0e94a8

Pretty much around 1 minute between eggs. I always kill any drake that's close to the nest, always position my drake ready to jump out before I knick it, ensuring a safe escape.

The only thing that's a risk is forgetting to turn off camo to let stam regen :/

Also has benefit that if any high level drakes are nearby, you aren't killing them (when I went down on Reaper last night killed so many 190's :(). I then pick out the low level ones solo and get rid of them.

Edited by Aikar

27 minutes ago, Aikar said:

Here's the path I take: 

https://gameclipscontent-d3004.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274831544232-private/e8530b3e-a979-4bf9-b8b6-568a4e09379a.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=QPPUiryh407QOz26okxT4HsW79B0NWMQ899RvwpmtRw%3D&__gda__=1560531796_2536821a2541dc1814109ad56b0e94a8

Pretty much around 1 minute between eggs. I always kill any drake that's close to the nest, always position my drake ready to jump out before I knick it, ensuring a safe escape.

The only thing that's a risk is forgetting to turn off camo to let stam regen :/

Also has benefit that if any high level drakes are nearby, you aren't killing them (when I went down on Reaper last night killed so many 190's :(). I then pick out the low level ones solo and get rid of them.

Huh. How do you share a clip like that ?

I am not too fussed about killing high levels, drakes seems to respawn fast enough and the eggs spawn so frequently too.

29 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I am not too fussed about killing high levels, drakes seems to respawn fast enough and the eggs spawn so frequently too.

when you press xbox button, hit the double square (select) button for capture options "record 2 minutes from now", then itll be on your profile.

Getting the link off your profile is trickier, you go to it in web browser, open dev tools, select the video box with the element picker and then copy the URL from the node. 

They don't make it easy (But I'm a developer so I can always find it :P)

54 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

24 minutes ago, Aikar said:

when you press xbox button, hit the double square (select) button for capture options "record 2 minutes from now", then itll be on your profile.

Getting the link off your profile is trickier, you go to it in web browser, open dev tools, select the video box with the element picker and then copy the URL from the node. 

They don't make it easy (But I'm a developer so I can always find it :P)

I believe theres an xbox dvr website you can upload your clips to like imgurl

edit: I believe he was asking how to share the clips not actually taking the video we all know how to do that :P

Edited by d1nk

1 hour ago, Aikar said:

Appears those links are short lived, doh.

Ah well since you showed me yours, I'll show you mines. A clip I took from the last time our Ab server was on rotation, using the exact same setup as I am using now. Hope it works. 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/angrysaltire/video/75982497

Edited by AngrySaltire

Continuing my Scorched Earth play through. Searching around for drops so I can pull in a Wyvern. Decided to go naked and spawn in random locations and it worked perfectly except I wasn’t high enough to open the drop lol. Fortunately I was 1 level off so made a mad dash to get resources and craft out some structures for the XP, all the while looking over my shoulder. Levelled up, pulled my Wyvern out of a drop and now I can continue building my base.

• Like 4

Well, we had our turtle race around Carno island, and it was a blast. I was the only one without a mic, though.

The race started with a shot from a flare gun, and my turtle leaped (actually, kind of more like waded) into the chilly water. I'm in the lead and closing in on the island. Then someone says something funny, and I start typing. So my turtle's sinking, while I'm trying to type faster and look out for jelly fish at the same time. I hit Enter, and it's back to the race.

We're all pretty even by the time we emerge from the surf and land on Carno island. I have to say that turtles really aren't that graceful when they run; they look more like they've had way too much caffeine and are doing some kind of twitchy fast-walk. We're still all grouped up as we're heading along the beach, and then the leader pulls off to the side. He saw the carnos and raptors ahead. Me, I would see them shortly. Woo hoo, I'm in first. I come barreling (sort of) around a rock and wham-bam raptor-slam. I'm pounced off my turtle. I pull my pike out and get to stabbing things, as four turtles stutter-walk past me. Grrr!

Back on Trixie now, and we're closing the distance on the middle of the pack. The leader is way ahead at this point. Two scorpions are stinging the turtle racer in front of me. And I'm like, "Ha, ha, payback!" Then . . . wham-bam raptor-slam. "Son of a bulbdog!"

I managed to deal with the raptor, a few scorpions, and one or two carnos along the way, and we survived! Of course, Trixie and I were the last to cross the finish line. And those Jellyfish really, really tried to make sure we didn't.

So, someone else won the Snow Owl, which I'm okay with. But then, they decide to do another race for a smaller dino. So this time, Trixie and I play it smart. We're staying with the group, and when the alpha raptor starts heading toward us, we swing out into the shallow water, keeping one of the other racers closer to it. I lose sight of it behind us, and I'm wondering if this is going to work or not, when the alpha starts attacking the other racer. Woot! From there, I managed to pull ahead and won a featherlight. It's high-level, and red, matching my armor. So all-in-all a good day. I just have to keep Trixie in sweet veggie cakes until the end of time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not much today. Raided some beaver dams (they weren't happy about it though). Also I worked on a small outpost/base at the Hidden Lake, it looks okay. I harvested thousands of crystal and metal (my rates are on 50.0) I listened to Survival Evolved Neebs Gaming (I'll insert the link btw, theres two videos). Other than that, nothing else. Survival Evolved

Survival Evolved

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 6:36 PM, d1nk said:

I believe theres an xbox dvr website you can upload your clips to like imgurl

edit: I believe he was asking how to share the clips not actually taking the video we all know how to do that :P

Umm I didnt know how to take vids on Xbox but I have done it successfully 8 times this past 3 months.. and multiple screenshots. Not really sure how I manage it. 😆

Edited by SnowboundGem

18 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Umm I didnt know how to take vids on Xbox but I have don't it successfully 8 times this past 3 months.. and multiple screenshots. Not really sure how I manage it. 😆

Do you use a chat pad? If so the bottom 2 buttons beside space bar are Picture / Video capture... i have hundreds of pics because of it lol

Otherwise maybe when using glow button to check time irl or messages etc and hitting start or select

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Do you use a chat pad? If so the bottom 2 buttons beside space bar are Picture / Video capture... i have hundreds of pics because of it lol

Otherwise maybe when using glow button to check time irl or messages etc and hitting start or select

Home button, Y for screenshots, or X for videos.

A little bonus for you. If you format an external storage device, you can record long videos as long as they are saved in that location.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Home button, Y for screenshots, or X for videos.

A little bonus for you. If you format an external storage device, you can record long videos as long as they are saved in that location.

Whoops yeah lol

Was a productive day last night! Started off puttering around the base. Did a big metal run then hit up the surface near Fertile. Came back and went around the river killing crabs and such for poly. Spotted a 135 abb spino and decided to tame it. Kited it to the public trap near and knocked it out. I dont like this trap lol, pitfall trap but without a gate to stop ravagers from jumping in. It tamed out with 5.7k hp, higher than our Ab line! 

I was out leveling my reaper waiting for 90% nights and happened across a 150 crab! Ran back to base and made up a catapault turret, some gates and finally installed the crab trap ive been meaning to do. As usual this trap rocks and got the crab out with 0 problems. Tamed out with really high weight and better melee AND HP than my current crabs! Score! Threw that baby to the center to get cloned. 

Hopped over and premade a bit of tek stuff. Cloned the crab and made a transmitter to help my next plan: Red Zone surface teleport! Went back to Ab and prepared. Headed down to the Rad zone and after a long while of being lost (hate this place) i made it to the surface entrance. Placed my teleport and a small hut half way up the wall and went up for a quick bit because it was still a few hours left of 50% night.

Hopped back to base to wait for a 90% night. The ARK gods werent in my favour and I hit 3 90% days in a row! 3 hours waiting finally hit 90 night. Headed out and got lucky with two 90% nights on the best surface area after. Came home with an awesome haul, mustve hit over 30 drops! Good loot including: a 350+ pump bp, asc karkinos saddle bp, asc basilisk saddle bp and other goodies! No luck with a drake saddle but now with some experience at rad surface ill get it in no time! 

• Like 2

I delivered a squid only to disconnect and die on the way home. My body must have fell through the map because there was nothing zip nada no body to recover. Good bye squid. Last week, a level 5 megalodon spawned inside my 20x24 double and triple block solid metal walls water pen and killed a high level angler in the middle of 3 crabs and 4 basilos all on neutral.  Week before that, 5 dinos shoulder to shoulder. 3 rex, 2 golems, all on neutral, rex in the middle "was killed".

My dinos don't die from gameplay.

The mechanics, bugs, disconnects and all the other problems NOT gameplay make this unplayable.

Edited by Thorzuul
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

@Kodking194 @HenryManson Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it, but believe me I'm no stranger to taming. It was more taking a shot at an opportunity, that argent was flying around by the redwoods outpost I was building and I figured I would try to grab it.

Speaking of argents, I did a thing today:

spcyanargent20190615213206_1.thumb.jpg.51d49a8aad6cb1f2468aefe945e59f54.jpg

I tamed a new argent. In fact, I tamed 4 new argents. One thing that's always kind of bugged me is feeling like I'm playing backwards. That is to say, how we all grind out all kinds of mats and build super fancy bases to breed all of these incredibly strong animals...which we then no longer need, because we already built our mega bases...

My mining outpost is naturally a great starting point for higher tech items so I went ahead and built a few things. You can also see the beetle I tamed in the background, took my bary to the volcano cave and basically tamed the first one I saw so I can now freely run my S+ hatchery.

And I started breeding the argents I tamed, because why wouldn't I want an early start on one of the most important utility animals in the game? This gorgeous bird is not my final build, he just happened to pop out with a color mutation I loved. Even without my best all of his stats trump my level 90 wild tame, obviously, and he is fully imprinted too. Got lucky, he's a cuddly death machine. I have gotten some other mutations, but I killed those ones off cause they weren't pretty.

The currently growing generation of birds should be the last I need to build my final breeding pair before I start working on mutations for real. Honestly I could stand to look around for another high level wild or two, I'm not happy with my weight stat. The bird above actually got a weight mutation, the base stat was 40, very low for a bird. All the other base stats for this line are 45+ with the exception of food and oxygen, which I dropped out of the line entirely with a low level argent mixed in.

I also tamed a 145 ptera and left it at my starter base as basically my "rescue ranger" in case the game crashes and I die again, necessitating another retrieval of my body and bird. Which did actually happen again last night. I ended up verifying my files just in case, it's so incredibly rare for me to crash in SP. I'll replace it with a tapejara eventually.

Also, I guess this is the argument the admin on the server I play on is making, that people will overbreed and lag out the server. I've got my settings turned way up (obviously) but I'm hardly drowning in argents. At most I have about 7 alive at any given time, well 8 now. The 3 birds of the current generation, the 3 of the next generation, my new main bird and the old one that I'm feeling too sentimental to retire just yet. So yes, clearly I would be flooding the server. 😒

• Like 3

Island-Single Player-PS4

Pretty solid last day or so. Gathered about 1.5K Crystal, 1.5k Obsidian, and around 5k metal. Went out and tamed two argy’s and a saber. Then decided to move base locations. Was able to successfully move all my Dino’s to the new spot. My word, I never want to do that again. So to keep track, it’s 6 Dilo’s, 2 lystro’s, 2 ptera’s, 2 argy’s, 1 Trike, 1 Sarco, 1 Spino, 1 Saber, and as of a few minutes ago, 1 Thero. Built a massive pen, using the land. Two stones in front that are at each edge of the gate opening up to the water, and there’s a half cut down tree in the middle of the pen lol. Very happy with it. Got the base built and everything back inside. Gonna work on an aviary and a water pen ASAP so I can move the Dino’s that shouldn’t be in the “land pen”

@SnowboundGem your posts made me a lot more aware of using the land and what it has to offer to my advantage, and not getting rid of certain trees, stones, etc, so thank you for that

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 4