Jump to content

So what did you do in ARK today?


Recommended Posts

Got on for an hour last night and went about hatching some spino eggs. Got all my stats into 255 hatched twins and as i was recording stats I see mutation 2/20... I mustve missed a mut on my previous gen breeders and now its in my line.. eff. Now.. do I start over to get a clean line again or say f it? Ugh! 

Got a melee mut, 355 -> 366 put that aside. I realize I just got my breeders to juvi then logged off.. I bet render glitch will take the babies from me I didnt even think about it!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

I've been making a concerted effort to hunt for good Spino stats and work them into my Spino breeding line. I hit a solid mating pair of level 253 Spinos the other day, but then realized that the wasted movement speed stat had jumped up 7 levels to '31' on movement speed. I worked things around and managed to shave those 7 wasted levels back off the Spino breeding line. So now I have my line at level 246 with no mutations, and back at movement speed '24'. I plan to get the four priority stats (HP, Melee Damage, Stamina, and Oxygen) as close to 45's each as I can before allowing mutations. 

 

Btw... anyone ever notice that the Super Spyglass shaves 100% off the Melee Damage? These two are really 355.2% melee damage. 

 

Lvl-246_Spinos.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I've been making a concerted effort to hunt for good Spino stats and work them into my Spino breeding line. I hit a solid mating pair of level 253 Spinos the other day, but then realized that the wasted movement speed stat had jumped up 7 levels to '31' on movement speed. I worked things around and managed to shave those 7 wasted levels back off the Spino breeding line. So now I have my line at level 246 with no mutations, and back at movement speed '24'. I plan to get the four priority stats (HP, Melee Damage, Stamina, and Oxygen) as close to 45's each as I can before allowing mutations. 

 

Btw... anyone ever notice that the Super Spyglass shaves 100% off the Melee Damage? These two are really 355.2% melee damage. 

 

Lvl-246_Spinos.jpg

Is 355 39 points or is the 255 39 points? Same melee just curious what the stattage number is (I never work with this stuff - pain to manually input)

 

Edit: Jelly of hp btw. Tamed over 20 spinos now (130+) havent had over 5.1k :S My abb line in the same cluster has 6k+

Edited by d1nk
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, d1nk said:

Got on for an hour last night and went about hatching some spino eggs. Got all my stats into 255 hatched twins and as i was recording stats I see mutation 2/20... I mustve missed a mut on my previous gen breeders and now its in my line.. eff. Now.. do I start over to get a clean line again or say f it? Ugh! 

Got a melee mut, 355 -> 366 put that aside. I realize I just got my breeders to juvi then logged off.. I bet render glitch will take the babies from me I didnt even think about it!

When it happened with my boss rexes I went back and restarted as your only on mut 2/20 I could see this being a better option. Never bred spinos for some reason. Always breed boss rexes, theris and cave runners. I should start it just for variety.

Had a bad evening on ark myself. My 249 otter slink mysteriously disappeared during a game crash. Wasn't with me at reload point rex was, spent an hour looking and whistling, he is carrying my spare set of artifacts as I'm on my way to obi for a boss fight. I was going to leave my otter at my second base to redo the fight again at a later date.. No luck finding slink didn't loose husbands rex or otter just mine...

Carried on to continue trip and a dodo I lost. Didn't even know I had a missing dodo found me so I now have a dodo I don't need, but no otter. ?

Then I was tracked down by two of my argies also didn't know they were missing or even recognise them. They just descended on me on my trek appearing from the snowy hills near green obi on rag. I name all my starters I get too attached to them. I never name breeders just (f stat mut and level), these are unnamed and low levels. It's a mystery.. 

So 1 dodo 2 argies and no otter. All spare artifacts missing.

And I fell down the stairs but that was my cats fault not down to ark!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Is 355 39 points or is the 255 39 points? Same melee just curious what the stattage number is (I never work with this stuff - pain to manually input)

 

Edit: Jelly of hp btw. Tamed over 20 spinos now (130+) havent had over 5.1k :S My abb line in the same cluster has 6k+

355 Melee Damage is 39 points/levels spent (based on a wild one I just spotted in game, 25 points is 255%). The 255% showing on the Super Spyglass in the image of my Spinos is just the result of a flaw in the Super Spyglass. Whatever you look at shows the melee damage percentage as being 100 percentile points lower than it is. 

I know exactly what you mean about the HP on Spinos. My first few were under 4K. I eventually got up to about 4700, then found one that tamed out at 5600. That's where it stayed for a while as I couldn't get another Spino with higher HP, including a number of level 150's I tamed. Then finally I found a wild level 135  that showed a wild '28' points on HP. I took a chance on that one and it popped to 42 points after tame. 

It shocks me how expensive 'oxygen' is as a stat. Lose or gain a bit of oxygen and it really registers as a big level drop or pop. 

20190518160016_1.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo! Just saw a lvl 145 Spino in the wild with a 28 on melee. Took a chance and captured/tamed it... another '42', now on Melee Damage (372.7%). 

Of course, I better hold the celebration until I get it home. The game could get revenge. 

EDIT: Yup. Game tried to get revenge. I was flying her back to base on my Quetzal when my network connection went down for the first time in a long while. Called our server admin to see if he could either fast travel to my Quetzal's bed to land her and retrieve me, or reset the server. Server reset put us 15 minutes back. Amazingly, though I was still 'asleep' mid-flight, I didn't fall from the Quetzal platform. Got the Spino back to my base for breeding. Whew!

 

 

TroubleWild_small.jpg

TroubleTamed_small.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 8:57 AM, Z0D said:

Ragnarok PVE

spent around 2 hours trying to find and tame an otter with no luck, jumped around 4 servers asking if anyone sells but none available.

Thought I'd try the trade forums but sadly I can't post there yet.

Also hatched triplet 552 abberation ankys from an egg, got there just in time to pick them up. One i saved with about 15hp left.

also raising 3 rexes and 4 thylas while farming some dust from gachas,- really quite useful to have all that in the same room.

Try the ponds near the jungle cave, I routinely find them there. Also the Viking Bay cave often has 1 or 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aberration, singleplayer, ps4

Decided to spend the evening taming Megalosaurus to see if I can improve my stat options.  So, I used the last of my gunpowder to make about 300 simple rifle bullets, then turned 200 of them to tranq darts, 130 of which became shocking tranq darts.  Also pulled all my Spino eggs to make 30 Superior kibble.

Hopped on my Rock Drake and made my way to the Elemental Vault Cave where I have 2 stone traps set up.  The first Lv 145 I pull decided to bring a party.  While attempting to sort them out he circumvented my trap and dove into the liquid element. :(

Cleared out everything up to the first intersection, where my second trap is located. Look left, look right, no high level Megalosaurus.

Went left, climbed the ceiling, and glide into the blue section with the path to the Artifact.  Clear that area, reach the artifact chamber, and spot a male 145 Meg.  Do some quick contemplation and decide on building a trap at the base of the slope that leads to the artifact (used 4 stone foundations in an L with stone door frames on the outside, with the slope ledge serving as the back wall).

Pull the Meg who falls perfectly into my trap (insert evil laugh).  He brought an uninvited guest too, though, who I had to dispatch.  Knock out the 145, put kibble in, and I wait.. and wait... take a minute to clear the artifact chamber, take the artifact, and back to the Meg to wait.  I apparently tamed all 3 of my other Megs during taming events, because this guy took forever (1.5x taming for me. Yes I realize official is much longer - I feel sorry for you, not really ?).  I ended up going through both sets of hazard gear and my lightpet with 2500 charge ran out.  The wait was well worth it, though.  He stood up with 7872 Health and 405% Melee, well above my current collection of stats. 

Edited by WizardNuuk
Spelling error
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I did last night was breed more spinos. 

Re-did my line and got back to 255 clean m/f stats. On a whim bred my oxy spino with a random non-255 i had for a previous line and it popped a 269 female with all my good stats and the oxygen. Tonight ill combine that into a pair and if I have time get back to the spino hunt. This will conclude my stat pool and once the hidden fluff speed gets in itll be 280~ hatch (yes im gonna breed in the fluff - no level cap here) Not bad for 14 total spinos above 130 tamed! Now I need to find some 6k+ hp and ill start mutating

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 - Ragnarok - Unofficial Server

 

I've been grinding for the last few days on this latest server, and I really enjoy it.  I have built a fully metal base in the huge cave near upper hidana. I've never been able to build there before on a public server. But it was wide open.  I have two large pens (1- for wyverns, and another for my tek rexes, as well as hatching area) The 2 level base itself has space upstairs for my small flyers. 6- Pteras, 2 Griffins and 1 Argy.  The front "yard" houses my Anky, Daedon, 2 Tek parasaurs, and a Tek Stego. They are safely within the Forcefield coverage. but I rarely ever see wild dinos in this cave anyway.

On this server, I discovered much later than I wished, that you can MAKE element with metal and a Tek Replicator!! So obviously, the replicator is going non-stop for me.

This server is clustered to Extinction and Abberation.  Seeing as how Black Pearls are a pain to get for a person who doesn't like being in the ARK water, I decided to travel to Extinction, and tame up some Gachas to get a black pearl producers.

I take a wyvern with me, and we head over to the sunken forest.  The first 3 Gachas I see, are all unclaimed ones, so I take a peak, and they are all junk ... sulfer, clay, etc.

So then I find a wild one. Silica Pearls ... I'll keep it.

Then the next one is Element Dust!! keeper!

Then the next one is ELEMENT DUST ... holy crap!

I then tame (catch & release style)  5 more crap gachas ... but none with Black Pearls.

 

Finally in chat, a guy I helped tame a rex from the Rag server asks if I found a BP gacha yet.  I tell him no, but I have 2 Dust gachas. Because I don't plan on spending much time on Extinction, I figure just having one Dust is enough, so I offer a trade of 1 Dust for 1 BP gacha. He accepts )saying he has never tamed a Dust, and he has a base in the sunken forest, so while making my way to him, I come across 2 more gachas. Another silica pearl, and then ANOTHER Dust gacha.  Crazy, crazy! 3 Dust gachas out of about 12 tamed!   On my Single Player game, I bred and spawned in literally over 200 gachas to get just one Dust producer!

Oh well, we made the trade, So now I have 2 Dust female, 1 BP male, and 1 Silica male.

I transfer everyone back to Rag (somehow losing all my melee weapons in the transfer?)  and get the Gachas settled in at the Rag base.

 

I'm not happy with how the Gachas are situated, so I will be building a couple of small "stages" for them to set upon, to enable easier crystal gathering.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:31 AM, Aushegun said:

SMH ... I just did the same thing again last night.  Was taming a near max level Ptera, and after putting the kibble in, I set the controller down to grab a beverage. When I did, the controller slid down, and it made my wyvern that I was sitting on, make the biting action, and it 1 chomped my sleeping ptera.  I can't even blame the cat this time.

It gets better..... last night, I killed myself TWICE in a 10 minute span, by using my max level Poison Wyvnern too close to a dino, and I got the cloud back in my face, instantly killing me.  I've had more "noob" moments over the last 2 weeks, than the previous 2 years.

Edited by Aushegun
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Center

Logged on for the first time this week, havent been on since the failed attempt at attempting the Tek Cave on Saturday, needed a break from Ark for various reasons, been binge playing Halo and catching up with Game of Thrones instead. Also been a bit down aince I didnt get either of the the jobs I was interviewed for including the one I had my heart set on, gutted and heart broken but on to better things hopefully.

Was going to do some more prep for the cave but decided to work on my shoulder pet predicament and try to sort out breeding pairs. Taking the opportunity to work some new blood into the lines while I am at it. Also bred up some pikachu jerboas in anticipation of the The Island server rotating round to Scorched.

Nabbed one of dinks shinehorns from The Island since it was a much needed female and it appears to be part of the lost line anyway. Bred it with one of the surviving males and got a female with the stats, just need to select the colour, going to add the red from dinks shinehorn into the new pair.

Mated the surviving female glowtail with one of the glowtails that d1nk tamed during the Easter event since I had no surviving males. Going to keep the line the same apart from adding in the yellow from the Easter glowtail.

Hatched up the 4 spare featherlight eggs I had in an attempt to get a female as all I had left were males. Thankfully 1 of the eggs hatched out pink female and I kept one of the hatchling gold males and I have a breeding pair of featherlights ready to go again. 

Started my attempt at breeding my cyan blue event coloured otter in with the high levels but no luck apart from a low level test otter to see how it looks like with a cream belly, looks good.

Finished up exploring The Center on my rock drake while I waited for my current raises to finish up. Ok I'll admit it, I was half hoping to maybe run into some of the new bases and see if I could see any familiar looking shoulder pets. I eventually spotted a taming trap next to a beaver pool and looked around. Spotted a cluster of dinos and a base inside one of the ruins and snuck in to have a look. Obit camerad to sneak a peak inside, and boy do those featherlights look familiar. One of the shinehorns looks familiar too. Think I found my theif, not that I like pointing fingers.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The Center

Logged on for the first time this week, havent been on since the failed attempt at attempting the Tek Cave on Saturday, needed a break from Ark for various reasons, been binge playing Halo and catching up with Game of Thrones instead. Also been a bit down aince I didnt get either of the the jobs I was interviewed for including the one I had my heart set on, gutted and heart broken but on to better things hopefully.

Was going to do some more prep for the cave but decided to work on my shoulder pet predicament and try to sort out breeding pairs. Taking the opportunity to work some new blood into the lines while I am at it. Also bred up some pikachu jerboas in anticipation of the The Island server rotating round to Scorched.

Nabbed one of dinks shinehorns from The Island since it was a much needed female and it appears to be part of the lost line anyway. Bred it with one of the surviving males and got a female with the stats, just need to select the colour, going to add the red from dinks shinehorn into the new pair.

Mated the surviving female glowtail with one of the glowtails that d1nk tamed during the Easter event since I had no surviving males. Going to keep the line the same apart from adding in the yellow from the Easter glowtail.

Hatched up the 4 spare featherlight eggs I had in an attempt to get a female as all I had left were males. Thankfully 1 of the eggs hatched out pink female and I kept one of the hatchling gold males and I have a breeding pair of featherlights ready to go again. 

Started my attempt at breeding my cyan blue event coloured otter in with the high levels but no luck apart from a low level test otter to see how it looks like with a cream belly, looks good.

Finished up exploring The Center on my rock drake while I waited for my current raises to finish up. Ok I'll admit it, I was half hoping to maybe run into some of the new bases and see if I could see any familiar looking shoulder pets. I eventually spotted a taming trap next to a beaver pool and looked around. Spotted a cluster of dinos and a base inside one of the ruins and snuck in to have a look. Obit camerad to sneak a peak inside, and boy do those featherlights look familiar. One of the shinehorns looks familiar too. Think I found my theif, not that I like pointing fingers.

 

Oohh! Send me a PM with name / tribe. Ive helped a lot of people there and if its one of the guys I helped ill be mad! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Productive breeding day today. Got all my wild stats combined now, 278 hatch spinos. Made a m/f pair for breeding and mutating then hatched about 30 more eggs for mutations. Combined my first melee mutation into a stud male for my first bit of stacking - then hatched 2 more clean 278 females to aide this.

Got a HP mut, stam mut and another (same stat) melee mut, theyre sat aside raising. 

Did a few stone & wood runs and premade a load of behe gates / assorted base building bits. Set off to the desert farm area. Our current base is terrible for big breeds so I plan to make the desert farm our main big breeding area and we'll have a tek gen here soon enough equipped with teleport etc once we allow ourselves :P Set some foundations down, sunk some inline with the interior structure and marked out a teleport pad and breeding barn area for future building.

Tomorrow ill hop back on Tek Cave prep and maybe some more spino taming see if I cant get some better HP

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I logged on, traded an old 241 Quetz with 6k weight for 5k ingot and then popped to get a 960MD Rex egg with 27k HP

I flew around a bit, socialised, mocked my allies and then went on my way. Oh, and got some more eggs for hatching this weekend ;)

It was a short visit to the ARK last night but it was worth it for the few things :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Started mutation stacking the spinos today. Had a few muts ive been holding onto to test - works wonderful. Sorted my clean f's out in a spot in the side yard then imprinted myself a spino from the first mix of stam/melee muts.

Farmed up a load more stone for the new base then did a metal run. Loads of metal at obsidian isl, love it. Transferred over 1.5x mats for a transmitter to the island plus some extra for a few tek doors for the new place.  Gathered everything and flew off to the new place.

Did some fiddling around with small builds then started on the breeding pen. I originally planned to do an actual wall around the base but after a few attempts I wasnt happy and started throwing up behe gates instead. Going to continue to work on this a bit currently then might switch it up later by hunting more spinos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Island

Didnt get on for long tonight, just focused on a bit of Tek Cave prep for our attemp at it tommorow night. Hopefully the server doesnt go down like last week.

Started off with a quick trip on the basilo round the deep ocean looking for ammonite for the bile. Went into the western sea cave for the loot as well  Didnt get much of note but I did run into a wild dimorphodon in the artifact chamber which I have never seen in all the times I have run the cave and I have run that alot. Found a deepsea crate in the ocean with a nice new ascendant giga saddle and a ascendant shotgun. Shotgun will be nice for the tek cave. Got about 200ish bile from the trip which should be enough for what we need. Going to craft the darts uo fresh before we head into the cave.

Did a bit of narcoberry and tintoberry farming and made up a few stacks of medical brews. Also crafted up some soups and currys just in case. Geared up full of riot with a back up set. Also packed a few peices of ghillie for the tek cave and some fur for the overseer arena. Ill just need to fully kit out tommorow with ammo and medical brews as well as anything else I have forgotten. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Took out my ptera and tamed some raptors, however on the way back both my raptors and Petra died to a mantis swarm after literally slaughtering everything else in their path. Went out and found a pair of 145 ptera’s, tamed them. Took one out so I could tame an argy. Made a 3 gate trap and tamed a 140 argy. Took them back to base and noticed more allos around my base. So I created a trap with door frames and a ramp. Led the allos up the ramp and into the trap, killing the low levels and then taming the highest, only two lvl 60’s blah, but needed some Carnivores. So I have 2 allos almost at lvl 100 so not bad.  Started on the second story of the base as well. Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone 

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...