Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Logged on last night for an hour and a bit. Logged in at the Canyon forge boat. Was planning to drive it back if it was full but seems Saltire took most of the metal home already :) So I killed myself and teleported up to the storage area, did a little metal farm.

Went back to base and farted around with Cryopods then flew to Jerboa island to see if I can find some nice lightpets. Right off the hop, Cyan 145 shinehorn, score! @AngrySaltire will like this one! Got a few low level coloured Glowtails, then a 135? Male shinehorn to make a mating pair and a 135 bulbdog on a whim for a personal pet.

Saltire can now make a full blue shinehorn if he desires! Didnt do much else. Searched forever in SE spot for some easter thylos with no luck. Did a desert drop run after on foot on a Thylo then logged off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Logged on last night for an hour and a bit. Logged in at the Canyon forge boat. Was planning to drive it back if it was full but seems Saltire took most of the metal home already :) So I killed myself and teleported up to the storage area, did a little metal farm.

Think most of that metal went towards an industrial forge or two. Still need to place the one in the fabby.

47 minutes ago, d1nk said:

, Cyan 145 shinehorn, score! @AngrySaltire will like this one!

Clocked this as soon as I walked into the breeding barn tonight. Thank you for that :) just need to breed out the undsired colours like the brown.

Hoped on for a bit tonight. Took the griffin for a spin round the SE islands and also towards the desert in the search of a pure yellow jerboa in my effort to breed up a Pikachu Jerboa. Found a cyan/blue jerboa on one of the SE islands so tamed that up just in case i needed to tame multiple jerboas. Went across to the desert and found a pure yellow jerboa with blue back stripes so picked it up and moved it to a safer location to tame it up. Took the two jerboas back to base. Had an attempt at finding a jerboa with dark brown back stripes for the pikachu brown stripes but the best I could find was a lighter brown one so I tamed that up for just now. Need to do more work on this.

• Like 2

Oh well, my cousin and I had a really exciting afternoon playing Ark. First of all we started to move to a new base location (we were based on South Haven, the Herbivore Island) and we're moving to the Hidden Lake. So we tamed up a few dinos in the Hidden Lake (a Diplodocus and a Pachycephalosaurus) and then we decided to make a "mass exodus" with all of our tames. We already knew that we were about to loose some of them because we had to get through the swamp, so pray for these dinos who fought for the fatherland:

Dietlinde (Iguanodon)

Rudolf (Raptor)

Bonsai (Megaloceros)

Surprisingly both of our Dodos survived. Anyways, we unfortunately lost many of our dinos in the swamp and we still have to find them, so pray for these dinos who are still fighting for the fatherland:

Brunhilde (Phiomia)

Kevin (Argentavis)

Omnibus (Diplodocus)

Salmonella (Dodo)

Ingrid (Stegosaurus)

Gerda (Ichthyosaurus)

Justin (Casteroides)

Stendarda (Lystrosaurus)

Karoline (Pulmonoscorpius)

Karl (Pulmonoscorpius)

Prinz (Beelzebufo)

But we continued our journey to the new base (we first want to bring all of the existing dinos to a safe place to go and search for the lost ones afterwards and without having to worry about creating even more victims). On the way there we tamed a Pachyrhinosaurus which we named Chanel (because it kinda sprays perfume all around itself). We also were about to tame a pink Doedicurus, but then an annoying Raptor arrived and wanted to kill it so I went to it on my Argentavis and killed it but I accidentally killed the Doedicurus as well. We didn't get to play more than this, but we still have much work to do!

Edited by Rub3n
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rub3n said:

Oh well, my cousin and I had a really exciting afternoon playing Ark. First of all we started to move to a new base location (we were based on South Haven, the Herbivore Island) and we're moving to the Hidden Lake. So we tamed up a few dinos in the Hidden Lake (a Diplodocus and a Pachycephalosaurus) and then we decided to make a "mass exodus" with all of our tames. We already knew that we were about to loose some of them because we had to get through the swamp, so pray for these dinos who fought for the fatherland:

But we continued our journey to the new base (we first want to bring all of the existing dinos to a safe place to go and search for the lost ones afterwards and without having to worry about creating even more victims). On the way there we tamed a Pachyrhinosaurus which we named Chanel (because it kinda sprays perfume all around itself). We also were about to tame a pink Doedicurus, but then an annoying Raptor arrived and wanted to kill it so I went to it on my Argentavis and killed it but I accidentally killed the Doedicurus as well. We didn't get to play more than this, but we still have much work to do!

I remember my very first mass dino move on the Island way back when.  I think I started with about 20 dinos, and got to the new base with about 10.  About a month later, I found 3-4 of them just hanging out near the edge of the swamp. Not sure how they survived on their own for so long!  Hopefully you can rescue some of yours soon!

Getting on sporatically while I can, wife decided to invite her whole family to our place for easter ( 16 people - we own a 1.5 bedroom rancher) so weve been having lots of prep lol.

Started off with an ice cave run. Got a nice 240% MC Longneck BP (good for cheap crafting) then hopped into Viking bay with my Bary to get some black pearls. Got home, did an obsidian run and made some poly for a Motorboat. I have plans to remake the taming boat for getting around faster, moving about on the old taming raft is soo slow.

Saw the griffin parked up top and decided we needed a flier platform. Made a 4x6 platform above our base and even managed to get the stairs semi-blended into the natural ruins. I had to use a janky pillar ceiling to make it work (do not destroy the ceiling next to stairs going up @AngrySaltire - unless you can support the stairs first more descretely) 

Did another big material run and made up a bunch more premades for the motorboat. I wanted a similar design but a tad bigger. Got the boat 5x6 and installed a roof over the dino gate part for now, I want to start getting some Argy stats. Equiped the boat with a genny, fridge, couple smithys (one instead of boxes) AC and bunkbed. Debating a chem bench - decide later. I made a 2x3 drop pen above on the ceilings to maximize the taming per sqfnd - temporary for now until we need the drop ramp for bigger tames. 

Im actually liking Argy's for the main flier. Slow enough to not be game breaking, not too powerful (but can be if leveled to be) and are super handy. Im parked near Green ob ATM trying to tame a 145 Argy then heading to bed. Going to leave the boat here overnight. 

• Like 1

Rag, singleplayer, ps4

Did some event Dino taming.  First was a 174 Tek Rex with cyan inner lights (for some reason cyan eyes look so much more menacing than the dark blue, white, and green I have seen previously).  She popped up with 1 distribution point less in health than my current boss Tek Rex line whereas Melee was 2 distribution points above, so she is a keeper.

Next I found a 150 Direwolf that was main body magenta, cyan along the back, and orange feet.  The event post doesn’t list orange, but it looks orange rather than yellow to me.

I then went on a bit of a jerboa taming spree 😅. My intention was to tame a few event colored ones, but things escalated out of hand quickly once my thought process became “why not, I still have empty cryopods on me.”  They are just so cute.

On my way back to base I spotted a 135 Yuty with a cyan back.  I watched him a bit and became worried when he disturbed a rock golem.  I thought, well, rip Yuty.  But instead, the golem started walking away.  Apparently, the Yuty fear roared the golem, so the Yuty will be my taming target next time I’m on.

• Like 2

Just started hosting a server two days ago just got finished with community center stayed up two days in a row playing on a test server with some random peeps if you wanna join it’s called alpha island also my friend took to many drugs jk and went on phsyco taming spree taming raptors and trikes when he could taming griffins its a mobile na brutal pvp

Got almost the whole day to play.. and I took advantage!

Logged near Green on the Argy taming boat. Started off killing argies for an hour, a nice pure yellow with pink feet 145 spawned in. Tamed that and while I was waiting flew to the swamp and nabbed a 135 male Bary to make a mating pair.

The 3 argies I tamed combined were improvements to our line - the problem was it was between 3 argies AND i had to get the colour in.. queue most of my time this day. Combined the Baryonyx to a mating pair, combined all the hp into one line, then stamina + melee, 4 generations later combined hp melee into mating birds then another 3 gens got all the stats, then the yellow colour into 241 hatch couples. Took all day, even with the heavy boosted breeding!

Did a few metal runs, drop runs, a paste run, obsidian run or two and even got some black pearls. Decided to 'buy' a tek transmitter from our center, paid the mats plus half (on each) and 2 artifacts I traded for on Rag.

Spent a long time grinding to try and get 89 to make a cooker. Were stockpiling eggs slowly and id like to get imprint kibble going soon :) Did a few base improvements, added vaults and made probably 3000 bullets for the wyvern boat.

After some imprints I took my thylo and an extra cryopodded and did the Ice Cave. Spent awhile in the tunnels gathering Deathworm horns, had about 25 before the boss (and thousands of hide, keratin, chitin, black pearls etc) but as I spawned the boss in the weirdest thing happened.. my Thylo's inventory vanished. Nothing dropped, I watched it happen. Lost all the horns, all the ice cave loot and 3 cryopodded tames including my imprinted argy, a 2nd thylo and a random doed I had as a tank (lol 10k hp some random jm saddlejm

Got my horns and loot from the boss, then had to run home on foot. Bummer! Was mostly cheesed about the horns, wouldve had 50 of em. Ark giveth and Ark taketh away!

• Sad 1

Did my very first Giga solo tame. Lvl 145 female Giga that I've hunting for the last month or more. She's level 217 after taming. She adds a nice 205% melee damage stat to my Giga breeding mix as I work toward a solid breeding pair. 

I killed so many Giga's trying to get a high level female to spawn. 

Tremor_Image.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 2

Didnt get on until late last night. Bred my last remaining argies for my breeding project and on the first 2 eggs got a mating pair with all stats and colours. Now to work in the purple wingtip stam mutation! 

Set a transmitter at our forge base. Did another ice cave run. Was very careful about my inventory this time and tried to replicate the glitch but didnt get it, thankfully. Didnt get much in the way of good loot from the ice queen -  just a bunch more premade asc fur which is helpful for Murdersnow ventures I guess :P 

I checked out the cave @AngrySaltire and its really cool!! I think this would be a great major outpost / second base location. I would move the transmitter there - its a great spot in the middle of ice cave, beavers, canyon and close to highlands / scar! Lots of potential.

Premade a small base and logged out. Next time im on im going to look for a spot to build near the desert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I checked out the cave @AngrySaltire and its really cool!! I think this would be a great major outpost / second base location. I would move the transmitter there - its a great spot in the middle of ice cave, beavers, canyon and close to highlands / scar! Lots of potential.

Premade a small base and logged out. Next time im on im going to look for a spot to build near the desert. 

I love the cave as a base location, if I get access to it I always use it for storing wyverns, makes a great wyvern lair base. Just need to slap down some cliff platforms inside the cave. It is also accessable by gigas if need be. I have seen a few cool build ideas on youtube too which I want to try out. 

Should be on tonight. Feeling a bit burned out of Ark atm, which is annoying considering its the easter event right now which I have been looking forward to for ages.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I love the cave as a base location, if I get access to it I always use it for storing wyverns, makes a great wyvern lair base. Just need to slap down some cliff platforms inside the cave. It is also accessable by gigas if need be. I have seen a few cool build ideas on youtube too which I want to try out. 

Should be on tonight. Feeling a bit burned out of Ark atm, which is annoying considering its the easter event right now which I have been looking forward to for ages.

I feel ya man - happens! Make a project with long term gains. This is exactly why I made this self imposed challenge :P 

Maybe try getting some nice easter future breeding projects? Start the cave building project? A new main base spot? (Thinking desert?) Mainly easter taming? Youll regret it later if you dont ;) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I feel ya man - happens! Make a project with long term gains. This is exactly why I made this self imposed challenge :P 

Maybe try getting some nice easter future breeding projects? Start the cave building project? A new main base spot? (Thinking desert?) Mainly easter taming? Youll regret it later if you dont ;) 

Yeah. I think the breeding projects and building project will be a good start. Hunt for easter tames and work on a waterfall and cave base and then continue from there. I have been holding off on getting wyverns and enjoyed the challenge but I think its time to break into wyverns. Will allow me to do more faster, argys are too slow for continually traveling back and forth on Rag. 

• Like 1

Ragnarok - Unofficial Cluster

Started off the night by gathering up a few easter bunny dodos on my griffin, and setting them in the temporary dodo pen in our base. Got about 5 tonight. The amount of eggs I am getting off these is just insane, I check every 5 mins and get about 50 eggs ! Going to collect a bunch of eggs and then stockpile some of the goodies. 

Then hatched up a wyvern and baryoynx. Hatched the 165 poison eggs from one of my first forays into the scar, came out as a green/red easter wyvern ! Not a big fan of the colours but I don like the contrast of the red body and green wings. Couldn't imprint on it as I had no milk and even cryoing it didnt change what it asked for. Got a few imprints on the Baryonyx. While I waited for those to mature up, I  crafted up a few cliff platforms for the new cave base.

Once my wyvern finished maturing I took it for a spin to level it up. This one is going to be my obligatory weight wyvern, I'll just pump its levels into weight and stamina. Took the wyvern, a doed and thorny dragon to the new cave base to begin preparations for the build. Found that @d1nk had already put down some cliffplatforms. I may or may not move some of these, shall see what happens. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ragnarok - Unofficial Cluster

Started off the night by gathering up a few easter bunny dodos on my griffin, and setting them in the temporary dodo pen in our base. Got about 5 tonight. The amount of eggs I am getting off these is just insane, I check every 5 mins and get about 50 eggs ! Going to collect a bunch of eggs and then stockpile some of the goodies. 

Then hatched up a wyvern and baryoynx. Hatched the 165 poison eggs from one of my first forays into the scar, came out as a green/red easter wyvern ! Not a big fan of the colours but I don like the contrast of the red body and green wings. Couldn't imprint on it as I had no milk and even cryoing it didnt change what it asked for. Got a few imprints on the Baryonyx. While I waited for those to mature up, I  crafted up a few cliff platforms for the new cave base.

Once my wyvern finished maturing I took it for a spin to level it up. This one is going to be my obligatory weight wyvern, I'll just pump its levels into weight and stamina. Took the wyvern, a doed and thorny dragon to the new cave base to begin preparations for the build. Found that @d1nk had already put down some cliffplatforms. I may or may not move some of these, shall see what happens. 

Hah yeah got on for a few today and decided to throw some down to test. Figured you would move them all I wanted to see how much we had to play in each area. That top area is fantastic though. Love the cave

I played a ton this past weekend ..... but I did come across one issue that frustrated me.

PS4 Single Player - Extinction ..... I was wearing Ghillie armor, and my bolas kept gltiching out. I would throw the bola, but it would instantly destroy itself, instead of flying towards the target.   Very frustrating, as I was trying to tame a 150 event colored taperjara in Bright yellow and Neon Green.   

I've never had this bola issue before, anyone know what is going on?

I thought i was being clever whilst doin a 25k vein i threw out my fav boss rex and immediatly threw out my derpy wild tamed 125 giga with like 120 melle yeah i know trash but its wahat i had, because the giga torpor drain disappears super fast and it gets up and stands even in cryo sickness....

Well it was still in cryo sickness while standing and this dinky little corrupt trike one shot it... And i lost it, threw out my other boss rez, it sat there instead of helping me and i lost the vein at wave 5 on top of my giga loss uhhh

Got my saddle back which was ascendant, it was a gift. My bum really hurts for how bad i fudged myself tho.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well this weekend was  a big ARK weekend, once I got back from work.  I continued building out my base and collecting materials.....at the moment I am super bored with collecting materials. I need copious amounts of Iron so its a Pop across to The Island. Port to the bed in the Hidden Lake. Hop on Argy, collect Anky, fly to Mountain, Mine, bring metal back, drop in beacon, pop back to Rag, collect metal out of beacon, carry to base and smelt. I feel like I did that 100 MILLION times. However my base is looking amazing.

On one of the trips I spotted a Black 193 Griffin which I had to have. So I built a taming base in the one waterfall cave near to the Griffin spawn (the base has a fridge, generator, bed etc etc). Went and killed a gazillion sheep for Mutton. Got back and tamed said Griffin. Then back to Building the base. Oops there is a level 200 Alpha Rex below my base so, as you do, I tag teamed my 2 Argies and Griffin to kill it. When their health was low I took them back and swapped to the next one, 2 healing while one fights. That took a while but Rag is now minus one lvl 200 Alpha Rex........and you guessed it back to material gathering.

So tonight I might gather more or maybe gather more........

• Like 1

Far too much has happened to report here, but the short version is I got tired of my base location. It's desolate and highly uninspiring. So, I did the logical thing and scouted out a brand new location that made me want to build there. Staked my claim and am now moving in. All of my animals have been moved, including the 3 wyverns I raised over the weekend. Now I'm just doing a run or two each day to pick up heavier mats like ingots with my hauler argent while I work on setting up with new builds, etc.

Here is essentially everything I did last night:

ragnewbasepagoda.thumb.jpg.2db7e4acf05fee7dd54395ff38e7825b.jpg

Definitely need to paint the pagoda. I was going to put my birds there, but I think it'll be a lot nicer as a guest space. I'll put a transmitter and some basic amenities there, maybe even a cryopod fridge as a charging station, and a trade box. Side note it's been a long time since I did a "butterfly corner" ceiling and it took awhile to remember how to do it properly. If anyone remembers my old kibble pagoda, basically the same design. Would have done a hollow inner roof if I could figure out how without breaking everything. Well I guess I can always renovate it later.

The mod pieces are from eco's garden decor. This server only has 6 mods and they're all for building, plus the awesome spyglass which is indeed awesome and I highly recommend it over the older super spyglass. It shows way more information and can be used live to help with tames.

Not pictured: the utter dumpster fire that is my quick n dirty box build for just having somewhere to put stuff for now. Terrible. Put it right where my main build is going to be too, did not think that through at all...

• Like 2

PS4 - Ragnarok - Crazy Boosted German Server

Well the weekend came and went, and I was never raided, nor did I ever see that the server changed to PvP status even though the Server message says as much.

Honestly, I'm not going to complain, as I much prefer PvE. Real life is tough enough, let alone having to deal with online diloholes . So I'm fine in my safer PvE fantasy world.

So the event colored dinos are starting to spawn on the server.... obvious that there was no dino wipe, so I have just been killing the dinos I want to spawn until I get what I want.

Basically that has meant Wyverns and Griffins.  I built a killing air defense outpost up above the wyvern cave. Just a metal box with turrets on top and a dino gate to fly my Ptera inside.  I got a ASC Ptera Saddle BP last week in a drop, so I use that on my Pteras with the best HP, then we go and tease the wyverns, once they agro, we fly to the outpost, and into the gate, shut the door and we hide like little online trolls.  The turrets do all the work, and I collect the talons and sulfur.  Last night I finally saw some event colored dragons, but they were all Poison dinos.  I prefer the Fire Wyverns myself. so I'll keep trying.

Regarding the Griffins, I hadn't had much luck... I saw and tamed a couple level 40 event colored one, but I want top quality, so I have been killing all the Griffs I see hoping for a good RNG outcome.

Well after hours of no luck (including a finding bases built on top of 3 spawn points) I finally got rewarded. I purple and Blue level 280, which I escorted to my trap and tamed it up.

As I was flying it back to my base, I see another Griffin in the distance.... a perfect level 300 in yellow and Blue!  Rinse and repeat, I have two top level colored Griffins.

I'm still getting used to the fact that flyers cannot carry tames on this server. Last week I tamed a level 334 Tek Quetz that was all black wings, with Red and Blue Highlights.  I was having a heck of a time, as it kept trying to fly above Viking bay, and I was sure it would drop into the water. The other problem, is that Viking Bay is filled with 3 HUMUNGOUS bases, filled with dinos and gear. The Lag is so bad there, that I missed so many shots on the Quetz, with the stuttering start and stop due to the lag.

Finally, I got the Quetz heading towards the oil mountains and then a Yuty fear roared my dino, so I was lost for a moment.  I get my bearings, but I can't see the Quetz anymore. then right near the entrance to the ice cave, I see the Q, it is stuck between 2 trees.  I quickly land and place dino gates on it, locking it in. All the while, I can hear the the Yuty getting closer. So I go off to fight that, and lead it away. Being careful to dive in an out to avoid the roar, I finally kill it and his minions off.  I then return to the Quetz, start tranqing it out, and then I hear a Carno immediately followed by dire wolves howling. I see a Alpha carno chasing a moose right towards me.  my Griffin and I head it off, and we kill the a few wolves and are engaged with the carno, when ... "Server shutting down in 30 seconds ....."  Holy crap, not good. I try whistling my Griffin to neutral (it had been on passive) and I try to lead it away from the Quetz.

5 anxious minutes later, I am back on the server, and in the middle of a battle with the carno, I have an ASC sword with me, and I am flailing away at him, but my armor is breaking and I am near death, then my griffin appears next to me and I jump on, and we take off. I heal up and we finally finish off the Alpha. It was a level 280.

Now, with the area cleared, I begin to knock out the Quetz, but it is bloody from the earlier battle, so I had to take it slow to avoid killing it. Finally it gets knocked out, and as it stands up, I put a platform saddle on it. Within seconds, a whole pack of baddies come falling down the side of the mountain, and we get the heck out of dodge!

I take the Q back to base, and healed it up over the weekend, then last night I uploaded it to my single player game. 

I also tamed a handful of high to max level Argies/Pteras, and a Blue with pink feet Sloth. Also, while flying to do the desert drops, I came across a high level bright yellow Thyla.  So I just had to build a taming pen, and tame it up to.  Of course running it all the way all cross the map back to base took some time, but worth it.

I also came across some dinos in strange places, that were available for claiming. I found a Poison Wyvern flying in the shadows of a waterfall. No base with anywhere close to it. So I claimed it.

Then later I came across a Snow Owl that was hovering way above the water not near a base either. So after much failed attempts (I kept falling into the water) I finally claimed that one too.

I don't feel too bad about claiming those, as they were just out in the open far away from any base.

One of the last things I did last night was explore a little more of the map, and I visited a big base with a tek force field.  In a pen next to the force field area, was a lower lever all CYAN tek Quetz and the opposite sex of the one I had tamed previously.   The claiming time says available in less than 24 hours.   I am so tempted. Up until now, I haven't messed with anyone's bases .... but it this is sitting out in an open pen, I'm starting to wonder if I should go for it.  I mean if they really wanted it, why would they leave it in an open pen, instead of putting it inside the tek forcefield bubble?  What do you all think?  Would I be a total jerkball for claiming it if it is available tonight?

Anywho ... as I flew home drooling over the Cyan Tek Q, I flew over a new base under construction... I flew down to inspect it, when I noticed that there were actually two people in the base.  I didn't have a headset on, so I just did the wave emote, and took off. As I flew away, I realized that they did not appear to have any dinos. So when I got back to my base, I grabbed a high level non event colored Griffin, Argy, and Ptera, and flew the back to the new base.  But when I got there, no one was around. But there was one part of the base what was locked so perhaps they were logged off in there. Regardless, I left all three dinos there and unclaimed them. Hopefully they want/need the dinos.  I keep checking over the next few days to see if they claim them.

so oooookay (said in my "Office Space" voice)  I just typed up another novel for you all... sorry about that.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

Ragnarok

Havent made much progress last couple of nights, probably not much point in reporting this but I guess its good to give a progress update. It might even be in legible English. Continued my new waterfall outpost. Got the cliff platforms down on the cliffs looking out over the valley, taking heavy inspiration from a youtube video and tweaking the design slightly. Got the foundations down onto the two main cliffplatforms. One of these shall be a gatehouse/stable build and the other shall be the main build and crafting area. There isnt land access to this base so I had to put down a ramp on the side of the cliffs and built a bridge over part of the waterfall to connect the two main platforms. Also built stairs on the side of the cliff from the main platform to allow access to the upper cave entrance. Originally I was going to build to allow large dino to access (such as gigas) the top entrance point but I decided against it prefering to favour an aesthetic build. I shall use other base locations for that and use this one as mainly a flyer and smaller dino outpost. Started building on the main platform, it is currently a work in progress and a trial and error type build, again taking inspiration from youtube. Wasted alot of structures but the building is beginning to take shape. 

Annoying in terms of completing the build, I wont be on tommorow as I have plans (the things I do for fun...) or the night after as I will hopefully be at the cinema watching Endgame, buzzing for that

@Aushegun dude, that isnt half a novel 😂 I'll try reading it when I am not zonked out my skull. Zzzz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1