So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Single Player - Extinction

Got home last night, and my console was still doing the update.  So I just played my single player game. Went to Extinction, and searched around on my imprinted battle Argy for a high level Rex to tame. I currently have a high level Tek tex and a regular high level rex .... so need to add some mating partners.

After no luck finding suitable Rexs, I then spent some time doing a couple of blue drops with a team of high level Enforcers, Velasaurs and Argies.  The first one was really easy and fast, but the loot was pretty poor except for the needed cryopods.

The second blue drop was going smoothly, but then in wave 3 a Wyvern joined into the fray. I don't think they normally are part of blue drops, so it must have just been bad luck. The Wyvern also brought a high level corrupted rex with it, that took out a couple of my Velas literally 1/2 second before they killed him. Rip "Laserface, Shredder, and Omarosa".

I was trying to heal everyone up after round 3, but round 4 came too quick, and I soon lost 2 enforcers and another Vela. The enforcers have great damage, but I just haven't been able to get a BP with good HP level.

Finally finished the waves, and got a JM Bary saddle BP, a JM Ptera saddle (not BP) and some decent armor.  But I still only have a primitive longneck on this map. To date I haven't transferred any weapon BPs between maps... but I might need to do that, as I am so spoiled with having ASC longnecks on all the other maps.

I did do a dino wipe, but no event colored dinos were spotted, so I wonder if the Easter event is not available for the SP game?

Finally my update finished downloading, so I did that, and then logged into the crazy boosted German server I started on the weekend. I spent  about 3 hours on that server. Never saw 1 event dino, so I wonder since it is an unofficial server, if they don't run the events. Booo

Since it appears that this server will indeed revert to PvP for the upcoming weekend, I continued to craft bullets for the turrets, and added and protected back up generators.

I then decided I need to also create some hidden back up mini-bases to hide my better BPs and items at. Plus maybe some fert. eggs from by better tames.

I ended up finding a pretty spot along the coast, but while exploring it, I fell into a tiny ravine, and got stuck. Unable to break the rocks I was stuck in, and my Ptera was to close to fly to me, but too far for me to jump up to ride on. I have over 3000 health on this character, so I wasn't going to die anytime soon, and I had no poly or anything to kill myself, plus I still had the loot (including 2 ASC Squid saddles) from the desert and ice cave drops I did when I first logged on.  What do I do?

Finally I realized I had some rock, wood and thatch on me, so I built some stone foundations, and started to make a makeshift stairs with them, destroying the last one, to be able to build a new one. I had no fiber, so I couldn't build a ladder. after much trial and error trying to get the foundations to "stack" each one higher than the next (thank GOD for the recent S+ pickup option) I was able to finally get close enough to jump onto my Ptera!!! Whew... I was relieved, but not before I swore out loud enough to send my pets scurrying from room.

Finally finished the small "back up" mini base, but needed just a little crystal to craft up a few things to leave in the mini base.. I searched the area high and low, but could not find any crystal. I was still searching the area, when I flew over a huge tek base full of Wyvern sitting in a huge pen.  I landed at the base, and was amazed to see a opening in the roof (missing ceiling tiles) that allowed me to land inside the building. I then began exploring the base. Most of it was broken up into locked Tek rooms, but their smithys, chem bench and fabricator were sitting out unlocked as well as a tek generator. All of them had resources in them, included Element, Narcotics, poly, etc.

Yeah, this base has like 25 high level wyverns sitting in it.  I wasn't going to steal it. But they did have 4-5k in crystal in the smithy. I had noticed a big area of raw metal right near the base, so I went out, harvested a bunch and returned to the tek base.  I took 100 units of crystal from the smithy, and but left 10,000 units of raw metal as payment. I also create a note, and left that in the smithy telling them what I had done.

With the needed crystal, I flew back to the mini base, and finished the crafting I needed.

Now sure, I could have flown 1/2 way across the map to my main base to get the crystal I have there, but I just needed a little bit, and didn't want to spend the time flying across the map.

Besides, a 100 Crystal for 10k metal seems like more than a fair trade.  Hopefully the Wyvern Tek base owner agrees and doesn't destroy me this weekend.  The tribe was called Space Cowboys

Finally I returned back to the main base, and was doing chores around there when my Tek parasaur indicated an enemy nearby. I walk outside, and am immediately jumped by a level 214 Tek raptor. Next thing I know, I am glitched inside the raptor after it pounced on me. I draw my crossbow, and start firing. My top level armor is getting munched, and my dinos are all inside the base going crazy, but cannot help. Finally I hear the heartbeat and get the red edged screen.... I'm about to die. But then the beating stops. I jump up and run into the base.

After repairing my armor, and healing up, I jump on an argy and go out via my roof trap door to find this demon raptor. I search, and I search, but it seems to have disappeared.

Then, just as I am giving up, I see a reflective glint, and I realize that the raptor had jumped off the cliff near my base, and was lying asleep on the rocks below. I return to the base, and craft up a saddle, thenI kill a few stegos and tame up the Raptor. Then with my Argy following me, the raptor and I begin the long trip back around the cliff to my base. (flyers can't carry tames on this server) We aren't 10 second along, when a trio of raptors attacks us, and I get pinned again. Thank GAWD I fixed me armor and healed up before, as I would have never survived, but between the Tek raptor and my Argy, we kill the baddies. I check the Raptor, and it is at 400 HP... Yikes! 

We resume the trek back to base, and manage to run and evade a few sabretooths along the way.

Park the new Tek raptor in the base, top off the food bins, load the forge, and log off for the night.

I sure hope tonight event colored dinos start showing up on this server.

Edited by Aushegun
spelling
  • Like 2

PS4 - Crazy Boosted German Server - Ragnarok

Logged back in last night when I got home from work.  Jump on one of my Pteras, and do a quick fly around the immediate area to see what is going on. To my amazement, there is a level 280 Poop Pig walking around not far from base. As I mentioned previously, I have had the hardest time finding one of these near my base on this server, so I immediately landed, bola'd and KO'd it. As soon as it stands up, I see another level 300 Poop pig walking in the bushes nearby. Repeat, and now I have 2 poopers. I didn't have saddles with me, so I put everyone on follow, and we quickly made our way back to the base.

I got the pigs set upon an sloped roof above the dung beetle pen, and now I can finally starting filling up the beetles to make fertilizer.

Then I started checking  my indy forge and chem bench, and saw that they had finished doing the tasks I had left them with from the night before; so I transferred the ingots and gun powder into my fabricator, and had it continue to make more turret ammo.

I then got back on the Ptera and flew around the map hitting the beacons and desert + ice cave loot drops. In the end I got ASC Ptera BP, ASC Fur boots, helmet, leggings BPs, a MC scynth BP, MC Hatchet BP and a few odds and ends I can't remember currently.

Also got a ASC Yuty saddle, MC Tapy saddle , a MC Pick, a ASC crossbow, MC Chitin Armor pieces and a ASC Longneck!

I got but deposited into my unlocked public storage a ASC Procopton saddle, ASC Pachy, ASC Paracer saddle, and MC turtle saddle.  Hopefully someone will find a use for them.

During my travels hitting the drops, I also loaded up on Metal, Crystal, Obsidian, Chitin and Poly..... between the gather rates, stacking feature, and nearly unlimited weight options on this server, I literally brought home 10,000 or more of everything!  in fact for the metal, it was closer to 100,000!  Totally unrealistic and crazy boosted, but since everyone on this server has the same thing, I feel no guilt.

Got back to the base, and after putting away all of the resources, I decided that I needed more dino storage, but I did not want to increase the base. So Because the base is as tall as the behemoth gates, I just added a couple layers of "shelving" around the inside edge of the base. Positioned all my flyers in these new shelves, and then decided I needed more turrets, so produced and placed those.

Finally it was bed time....

Edited by Aushegun
typos
  • Like 1

Logged on last night for an hour and a bit. Logged in at the Canyon forge boat. Was planning to drive it back if it was full but seems Saltire took most of the metal home already :) So I killed myself and teleported up to the storage area, did a little metal farm.

Went back to base and farted around with Cryopods then flew to Jerboa island to see if I can find some nice lightpets. Right off the hop, Cyan 145 shinehorn, score! @AngrySaltire will like this one! Got a few low level coloured Glowtails, then a 135? Male shinehorn to make a mating pair and a 135 bulbdog on a whim for a personal pet.

Saltire can now make a full blue shinehorn if he desires! Didnt do much else. Searched forever in SE spot for some easter thylos with no luck. Did a desert drop run after on foot on a Thylo then logged off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Logged on last night for an hour and a bit. Logged in at the Canyon forge boat. Was planning to drive it back if it was full but seems Saltire took most of the metal home already :) So I killed myself and teleported up to the storage area, did a little metal farm.

Think most of that metal went towards an industrial forge or two. Still need to place the one in the fabby.

47 minutes ago, d1nk said:

, Cyan 145 shinehorn, score! @AngrySaltire will like this one!

Clocked this as soon as I walked into the breeding barn tonight. Thank you for that :) just need to breed out the undsired colours like the brown.

Hoped on for a bit tonight. Took the griffin for a spin round the SE islands and also towards the desert in the search of a pure yellow jerboa in my effort to breed up a Pikachu Jerboa. Found a cyan/blue jerboa on one of the SE islands so tamed that up just in case i needed to tame multiple jerboas. Went across to the desert and found a pure yellow jerboa with blue back stripes so picked it up and moved it to a safer location to tame it up. Took the two jerboas back to base. Had an attempt at finding a jerboa with dark brown back stripes for the pikachu brown stripes but the best I could find was a lighter brown one so I tamed that up for just now. Need to do more work on this.

• Like 2

Oh well, my cousin and I had a really exciting afternoon playing Ark. First of all we started to move to a new base location (we were based on South Haven, the Herbivore Island) and we're moving to the Hidden Lake. So we tamed up a few dinos in the Hidden Lake (a Diplodocus and a Pachycephalosaurus) and then we decided to make a "mass exodus" with all of our tames. We already knew that we were about to loose some of them because we had to get through the swamp, so pray for these dinos who fought for the fatherland:

Dietlinde (Iguanodon)

Rudolf (Raptor)

Bonsai (Megaloceros)

Surprisingly both of our Dodos survived. Anyways, we unfortunately lost many of our dinos in the swamp and we still have to find them, so pray for these dinos who are still fighting for the fatherland:

Brunhilde (Phiomia)

Kevin (Argentavis)

Omnibus (Diplodocus)

Salmonella (Dodo)

Ingrid (Stegosaurus)

Gerda (Ichthyosaurus)

Justin (Casteroides)

Stendarda (Lystrosaurus)

Karoline (Pulmonoscorpius)

Karl (Pulmonoscorpius)

Prinz (Beelzebufo)

But we continued our journey to the new base (we first want to bring all of the existing dinos to a safe place to go and search for the lost ones afterwards and without having to worry about creating even more victims). On the way there we tamed a Pachyrhinosaurus which we named Chanel (because it kinda sprays perfume all around itself). We also were about to tame a pink Doedicurus, but then an annoying Raptor arrived and wanted to kill it so I went to it on my Argentavis and killed it but I accidentally killed the Doedicurus as well. We didn't get to play more than this, but we still have much work to do!

Edited by Rub3n
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rub3n said:

Oh well, my cousin and I had a really exciting afternoon playing Ark. First of all we started to move to a new base location (we were based on South Haven, the Herbivore Island) and we're moving to the Hidden Lake. So we tamed up a few dinos in the Hidden Lake (a Diplodocus and a Pachycephalosaurus) and then we decided to make a "mass exodus" with all of our tames. We already knew that we were about to loose some of them because we had to get through the swamp, so pray for these dinos who fought for the fatherland:

But we continued our journey to the new base (we first want to bring all of the existing dinos to a safe place to go and search for the lost ones afterwards and without having to worry about creating even more victims). On the way there we tamed a Pachyrhinosaurus which we named Chanel (because it kinda sprays perfume all around itself). We also were about to tame a pink Doedicurus, but then an annoying Raptor arrived and wanted to kill it so I went to it on my Argentavis and killed it but I accidentally killed the Doedicurus as well. We didn't get to play more than this, but we still have much work to do!

I remember my very first mass dino move on the Island way back when.  I think I started with about 20 dinos, and got to the new base with about 10.  About a month later, I found 3-4 of them just hanging out near the edge of the swamp. Not sure how they survived on their own for so long!  Hopefully you can rescue some of yours soon!

Getting on sporatically while I can, wife decided to invite her whole family to our place for easter ( 16 people - we own a 1.5 bedroom rancher) so weve been having lots of prep lol.

Started off with an ice cave run. Got a nice 240% MC Longneck BP (good for cheap crafting) then hopped into Viking bay with my Bary to get some black pearls. Got home, did an obsidian run and made some poly for a Motorboat. I have plans to remake the taming boat for getting around faster, moving about on the old taming raft is soo slow.

Saw the griffin parked up top and decided we needed a flier platform. Made a 4x6 platform above our base and even managed to get the stairs semi-blended into the natural ruins. I had to use a janky pillar ceiling to make it work (do not destroy the ceiling next to stairs going up @AngrySaltire - unless you can support the stairs first more descretely) 

Did another big material run and made up a bunch more premades for the motorboat. I wanted a similar design but a tad bigger. Got the boat 5x6 and installed a roof over the dino gate part for now, I want to start getting some Argy stats. Equiped the boat with a genny, fridge, couple smithys (one instead of boxes) AC and bunkbed. Debating a chem bench - decide later. I made a 2x3 drop pen above on the ceilings to maximize the taming per sqfnd - temporary for now until we need the drop ramp for bigger tames. 

Im actually liking Argy's for the main flier. Slow enough to not be game breaking, not too powerful (but can be if leveled to be) and are super handy. Im parked near Green ob ATM trying to tame a 145 Argy then heading to bed. Going to leave the boat here overnight. 

• Like 1

Rag, singleplayer, ps4

Did some event Dino taming.  First was a 174 Tek Rex with cyan inner lights (for some reason cyan eyes look so much more menacing than the dark blue, white, and green I have seen previously).  She popped up with 1 distribution point less in health than my current boss Tek Rex line whereas Melee was 2 distribution points above, so she is a keeper.

Next I found a 150 Direwolf that was main body magenta, cyan along the back, and orange feet.  The event post doesn’t list orange, but it looks orange rather than yellow to me.

I then went on a bit of a jerboa taming spree ?. My intention was to tame a few event colored ones, but things escalated out of hand quickly once my thought process became “why not, I still have empty cryopods on me.”  They are just so cute.

On my way back to base I spotted a 135 Yuty with a cyan back.  I watched him a bit and became worried when he disturbed a rock golem.  I thought, well, rip Yuty.  But instead, the golem started walking away.  Apparently, the Yuty fear roared the golem, so the Yuty will be my taming target next time I’m on.

• Like 2

Just started hosting a server two days ago just got finished with community center stayed up two days in a row playing on a test server with some random peeps if you wanna join it’s called alpha island also my friend took to many drugs jk and went on phsyco taming spree taming raptors and trikes when he could taming griffins its a mobile na brutal pvp

Got almost the whole day to play.. and I took advantage!

Logged near Green on the Argy taming boat. Started off killing argies for an hour, a nice pure yellow with pink feet 145 spawned in. Tamed that and while I was waiting flew to the swamp and nabbed a 135 male Bary to make a mating pair.

The 3 argies I tamed combined were improvements to our line - the problem was it was between 3 argies AND i had to get the colour in.. queue most of my time this day. Combined the Baryonyx to a mating pair, combined all the hp into one line, then stamina + melee, 4 generations later combined hp melee into mating birds then another 3 gens got all the stats, then the yellow colour into 241 hatch couples. Took all day, even with the heavy boosted breeding!

Did a few metal runs, drop runs, a paste run, obsidian run or two and even got some black pearls. Decided to 'buy' a tek transmitter from our center, paid the mats plus half (on each) and 2 artifacts I traded for on Rag.

Spent a long time grinding to try and get 89 to make a cooker. Were stockpiling eggs slowly and id like to get imprint kibble going soon :) Did a few base improvements, added vaults and made probably 3000 bullets for the wyvern boat.

After some imprints I took my thylo and an extra cryopodded and did the Ice Cave. Spent awhile in the tunnels gathering Deathworm horns, had about 25 before the boss (and thousands of hide, keratin, chitin, black pearls etc) but as I spawned the boss in the weirdest thing happened.. my Thylo's inventory vanished. Nothing dropped, I watched it happen. Lost all the horns, all the ice cave loot and 3 cryopodded tames including my imprinted argy, a 2nd thylo and a random doed I had as a tank (lol 10k hp some random jm saddlejm

Got my horns and loot from the boss, then had to run home on foot. Bummer! Was mostly cheesed about the horns, wouldve had 50 of em. Ark giveth and Ark taketh away!

• Sad 1

Did my very first Giga solo tame. Lvl 145 female Giga that I've hunting for the last month or more. She's level 217 after taming. She adds a nice 205% melee damage stat to my Giga breeding mix as I work toward a solid breeding pair. 

I killed so many Giga's trying to get a high level female to spawn. 

Tremor_Image.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 2

Didnt get on until late last night. Bred my last remaining argies for my breeding project and on the first 2 eggs got a mating pair with all stats and colours. Now to work in the purple wingtip stam mutation! 

Set a transmitter at our forge base. Did another ice cave run. Was very careful about my inventory this time and tried to replicate the glitch but didnt get it, thankfully. Didnt get much in the way of good loot from the ice queen -  just a bunch more premade asc fur which is helpful for Murdersnow ventures I guess :P 

I checked out the cave @AngrySaltire and its really cool!! I think this would be a great major outpost / second base location. I would move the transmitter there - its a great spot in the middle of ice cave, beavers, canyon and close to highlands / scar! Lots of potential.

Premade a small base and logged out. Next time im on im going to look for a spot to build near the desert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I checked out the cave @AngrySaltire and its really cool!! I think this would be a great major outpost / second base location. I would move the transmitter there - its a great spot in the middle of ice cave, beavers, canyon and close to highlands / scar! Lots of potential.

Premade a small base and logged out. Next time im on im going to look for a spot to build near the desert. 

I love the cave as a base location, if I get access to it I always use it for storing wyverns, makes a great wyvern lair base. Just need to slap down some cliff platforms inside the cave. It is also accessable by gigas if need be. I have seen a few cool build ideas on youtube too which I want to try out. 

Should be on tonight. Feeling a bit burned out of Ark atm, which is annoying considering its the easter event right now which I have been looking forward to for ages.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I love the cave as a base location, if I get access to it I always use it for storing wyverns, makes a great wyvern lair base. Just need to slap down some cliff platforms inside the cave. It is also accessable by gigas if need be. I have seen a few cool build ideas on youtube too which I want to try out. 

Should be on tonight. Feeling a bit burned out of Ark atm, which is annoying considering its the easter event right now which I have been looking forward to for ages.

I feel ya man - happens! Make a project with long term gains. This is exactly why I made this self imposed challenge :P 

Maybe try getting some nice easter future breeding projects? Start the cave building project? A new main base spot? (Thinking desert?) Mainly easter taming? Youll regret it later if you dont ;) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I feel ya man - happens! Make a project with long term gains. This is exactly why I made this self imposed challenge :P 

Maybe try getting some nice easter future breeding projects? Start the cave building project? A new main base spot? (Thinking desert?) Mainly easter taming? Youll regret it later if you dont ;) 

Yeah. I think the breeding projects and building project will be a good start. Hunt for easter tames and work on a waterfall and cave base and then continue from there. I have been holding off on getting wyverns and enjoyed the challenge but I think its time to break into wyverns. Will allow me to do more faster, argys are too slow for continually traveling back and forth on Rag. 

• Like 1

Ragnarok - Unofficial Cluster

Started off the night by gathering up a few easter bunny dodos on my griffin, and setting them in the temporary dodo pen in our base. Got about 5 tonight. The amount of eggs I am getting off these is just insane, I check every 5 mins and get about 50 eggs ! Going to collect a bunch of eggs and then stockpile some of the goodies. 

Then hatched up a wyvern and baryoynx. Hatched the 165 poison eggs from one of my first forays into the scar, came out as a green/red easter wyvern ! Not a big fan of the colours but I don like the contrast of the red body and green wings. Couldn't imprint on it as I had no milk and even cryoing it didnt change what it asked for. Got a few imprints on the Baryonyx. While I waited for those to mature up, I  crafted up a few cliff platforms for the new cave base.

Once my wyvern finished maturing I took it for a spin to level it up. This one is going to be my obligatory weight wyvern, I'll just pump its levels into weight and stamina. Took the wyvern, a doed and thorny dragon to the new cave base to begin preparations for the build. Found that @d1nk had already put down some cliffplatforms. I may or may not move some of these, shall see what happens. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ragnarok - Unofficial Cluster

Started off the night by gathering up a few easter bunny dodos on my griffin, and setting them in the temporary dodo pen in our base. Got about 5 tonight. The amount of eggs I am getting off these is just insane, I check every 5 mins and get about 50 eggs ! Going to collect a bunch of eggs and then stockpile some of the goodies. 

Then hatched up a wyvern and baryoynx. Hatched the 165 poison eggs from one of my first forays into the scar, came out as a green/red easter wyvern ! Not a big fan of the colours but I don like the contrast of the red body and green wings. Couldn't imprint on it as I had no milk and even cryoing it didnt change what it asked for. Got a few imprints on the Baryonyx. While I waited for those to mature up, I  crafted up a few cliff platforms for the new cave base.

Once my wyvern finished maturing I took it for a spin to level it up. This one is going to be my obligatory weight wyvern, I'll just pump its levels into weight and stamina. Took the wyvern, a doed and thorny dragon to the new cave base to begin preparations for the build. Found that @d1nk had already put down some cliffplatforms. I may or may not move some of these, shall see what happens. 

Hah yeah got on for a few today and decided to throw some down to test. Figured you would move them all I wanted to see how much we had to play in each area. That top area is fantastic though. Love the cave