Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Ragnarok Unofficial Server

Now that I had built up my usual starter raft base at blue ob, I sailed east to the Highlands with the intention of taiming a few equus as a first tame. Of course I had to get the rockarrots first. So I docked on the coast of the Highlands and made my way to the small crystal cave for crystal (forgot I needed metal tools for this) before making a beeline for the farm to harvest up some rockarrots. Picture the scene, I am sitting there innocently picking rockarrots when I hear the stomping of a giga and this giga appears out of nowhere, dont know how I missed it but I got out of there fast. Made my way back to the raft.

Spent a bit of time working on getting some metal tools together. Ran back to the crystal cave and got enough crystal to make a few spyglasses. Heard some splashing around underneath my raft and theres this 150 wild equus just swimming there. I moved the raft and let the equus move back to shore. I didnt attempt the tame as there was a pack of allos closeby so I left it be. I moved slightly to the west where I saw some other equus and tamed up a couple of lower level males. Was hoping for a breeding pair to produce a few spares but that wasnt an option unfortunatly.

Now that I had a few equus tamed up I set sail to one of the islands on the west coast, the most southerly of the islands on that chain and started to build in one of the ruins. Am going to try and build up a nice base using the ruins as the basic structure. Its a good island full of herbivores and lots of metal but not so many trees for wood and thatch. Think I might need to grind out a taming raft and go tame a thorny dragon and doed next to help out resource gathering. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Now that I had built up my usual starter raft base at blue ob, I sailed east to the Highlands with the intention of taiming a few equus as a first tame. Of course I had to get the rockarrots first. So I docked on the coast of the Highlands and made my way to the small crystal cave for crystal (forgot I needed metal tools for this) before making a beeline for the farm to harvest up some rockarrots. Picture the scene, I am sitting there innocently picking rockarrots when I hear the stomping of a giga and this giga appears out of nowhere, dont know how I missed it but I got out of there fast. Made my way back to the raft.

Spent a bit of time working on getting some metal tools together. Ran back to the crystal cave and got enough crystal to make a few spyglasses. Heard some splashing around underneath my raft and theres this 150 wild equus just swimming there. I moved the raft and let the equus move back to shore. I didnt attempt the tame as there was a pack of allos closeby so I left it be. I moved slightly to the west where I saw some other equus and tamed up a couple of lower level males. Was hoping for a breeding pair to produce a few spares but that wasnt an option unfortunatly.

Now that I had a few equus tamed up I set sail to one of the islands on the west coast, the most southerly of the islands on that chain and started to build in one of the ruins. Am going to try and build up a nice base using the ruins as the basic structure. Its a good island full of herbivores and lots of metal but not so many trees for wood and thatch. Think I might need to grind out a taming raft and go tame a thorny dragon and doed next to help out resource gathering. 

Grats on the cool 1500 :) 

Days like this makes me glad I dont play official. I feel bad for any official guys in here who lost :( 

Im missing out on all the cool starter action! Haha, i think im going to have to force myself to stay in the early game this time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Grats on the cool 1500 :) 

Days like this makes me glad I dont play official. I feel bad for any official guys in here who lost :( 

Im missing out on all the cool starter action! Haha, i think im going to have to force myself to stay in the early game this time. 

Ah hadnt noticed cheers :)

yeah... so glad I don't play official anymore.... too much time investment not enough support and too much can go wrong. Amazed so many people still play it considering

Its great, glad I forced myself, even if its just temporary, we shall see. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah hadnt noticed cheers :)

yeah... so glad I don't play official anymore.... too much time investment not enough support and too much can go wrong. Amazed so many people still play it considering

Its great, glad I forced myself, even if its just temporary, we shall see. 

As if the ARK gods noticed, got some time today.

Logged into TC out of habit, fed the snails and then logged over to the fresh Rag server.

Spawned near Blue Obby, made a quick cloth set and spears before heading off to it. Got there pretty safe, muttered around making and collecting. Got up a starter shack near Salty's then went out killing turtles and making wood pieces. Spent a while just enjoying being a noob. Decided not to grab the crates until I could make my weapons, got a hatchet and a crossbow, very helpful. 

Made my way up to a boat, equiped it up a bit. Tried a bit of extending the boat platforms, ill have to play more with this. Thinking this go ill focus more on boats, might even do a no flier or another modification for a bit.. not sure.

After I got my boat fully stone I ventured out to Highlands. Saltire gave me a good idea, farmed some crystal and made a spyglass. Got some rockcarrot and went looking for a Horse. I read the other post about a giga near here.. I had my eyes peeled the whole time. Got to the farm and was extra careful.. scanned.. nothing phew! Started picking veggies.

You were killed by a Gigantosaurus!

He mustve been hidden in the mountain! I spawned back at my boat, made a sleeping bag and hoofed it back. Im glad I leveled 150 stam and 130 speed early helped a lot! Got near the farm, placed the sleeping bag then ran into deaths' jaws. Managed to lure him away enough and grabbed my body and ran towards the redwoods. 

I scanned all around for about 30 minutes on foot looking for a horse.. managed to find a level 20 and failed twice trying to tame him. He got to close to the Giga area and I ran back. About 10 minutes later I found a level 90! After a botched attempt I tamed it at 80% efficiency. 

Rode back to the boat, farmed some whale corpses and went back towards blue. Grabbed a few pearls as I was going near Pelagornis Cove and had to log out mid water on my raft

• Like 2

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Got to the farm and was extra careful.. scanned.. nothing phew! Started picking veggies.

You were killed by a Gigantosaurus!

I have no idea how that giga could sneak up on both of us. I kept both eyes out for them and still it snuck up on me. Must have been a ninja giga. 

• Like 1

lol. Ninja Giga.

I build the wall around the base last night.

Even with some idiot building pillars as close to us as they could at the back! 

Decent size to play with now but space to expand more 1 side if needed!

cant believe how much resources it took!

I finally ventured out of single player into server land. I joined our friend's small tribe, I make 4 of us. Already decided that I'm too neurotic to stay at the main base or any of their outposts since they are boys and wreck everything. So tonight will hopefully be me leveling up enough to do some serious taming, I still don't have narc arrows so unless someone else is on I'm stuck with a club and a sling shot. Once I get on my feet I'm off to create my own little haven where the boys don't steal stuff off me while I sleep.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Golfparken said:

Lost my survivor .....

waiting for Help ... Does any one now if i can make another profile on my Xbox and Play whit out losing my lost survivor forever ??

-What did you do today on ARK

-Appealing my lost character

PS4 - Single Player - Rag

I've been getting bluescreens  everytime I play on RAG the last 2-3 weeks.  I can play for 30 minutes to an hour normally, an then Blue screen and rollback.  I don't remember it being this bad last fall when I was playing on Rag all the time.

The only change I've made is that I am almost at the tame limit on this Rag map, as this is where I dumped my tames from the Nitrado server I had been renting.  So I am like 588 tames out of 600 spots.

But I rarely blue screen when I am near my tame areas, but rather out in the wild spots of the map. Never the same place twice.  getting frustrating! Grrrrrr

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Single Player - Rag

I've been getting bluescreens  everytime I play on RAG the last 2-3 weeks.  I can play for 30 minutes to an hour normally, an then Blue screen and rollback.  I don't remember it being this bad last fall when I was playing on Rag all the time.

The only change I've made is that I am almost at the tame limit on this Rag map, as this is where I dumped my tames from the Nitrado server I had been renting.  So I am like 588 tames out of 600 spots.

But I rarely blue screen when I am near my tame areas, but rather out in the wild spots of the map. Never the same place twice.  getting frustrating! Grrrrrr

How long has this rag SP been running? Theres a memory leak issue with Rag. Try xferring tames off, restarting map maybe? I know it sucks :( or get an Xbox and join us ;) 

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

How long has this rag SP been running? Theres a memory leak issue with Rag. Try xferring tames off, restarting map maybe? I know it sucks :( or get an Xbox and join us ;) 

Yeah, I might need to move some tames to another map.  Plus now that I don't need such a huge kibble farm, I can start killing off some of the low level vanilla colored egg dinos.

Better yet, I think I will take a bunch of them to a boss battle (Ankys, Raptors, Stegos, etc. .... should be crazy)

7 hours ago, zhou111pppooo said:

-What did you do today on ARK

-Appealing my lost character

same. and ranting on twitter and reddit until they add a complete solution to restore tek engrams and ascensions - they're giving up halfway from the looks of it.

Edited by jansenv

12 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

False. They created an admin command to give tekgrams to players.

Hence why I said halfway. They added the engram command but not a second command for ascension. pardon typo in previous post

Edited by jansenv

54 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah, I might need to move some tames to another map.  Plus now that I don't need such a huge kibble farm, I can start killing off some of the low level vanilla colored egg dinos.

Better yet, I think I will take a bunch of them to a boss battle (Ankys, Raptors, Stegos, etc. .... should be crazy)

Sooo...Xbox? ;) Lol

48 minutes ago, jansenv said:

same. and ranting on twitter and reddit until they add a complete solution to restore tek engrams and solutions - they're giving up halfway from the looks of it.

'outta here with that. Leave that for the other 99% of the forum

Started off by grinding out a new stone taming raft. Nicked @SaltyMonkeys design and went as far as finding the right video on youtube for the tutorial. Went with the 4x7 raft, with the 4x4 section with dino gates for the trap. I took my utility raft and an equus to the islands north of my setup to do some resource gathering, deforested the islands and mined as much stone as possible. Also found some silk plants and harvested them to craft up some of my favourite desert armour. Tragedy struck, just as I left the north island to go back to base, a sarco ambushed me on the raft. It must have wandered across from the swamps in the north. I fended it off but not before it destryoyed a few boxes and killed my equus. RIP Rusty. Thankfully I didnt lose any of the farmed resources. Am so glad I tamed up two equus when I did. Got back to base and built the new raft.

Took the new raft for a spin and to look for things to tame. After a few laps of the SW islands I spotted a direwolf and baited it into the trap. I got lucky and it was a 130 female and so I knocked it out and tamed it up with prime meat from stegos. To the north on the mainland I put a bit of effort in and tamed up a ichtyornis. Knocked a nice black and white one out and then crossbowed a few megalodons for prime fish to tame the gull up. 

Direwolfs are squishier than I remember, so I found a pack of allos and knocked out a 145 allo in the taming raft. Tamed it up and then realised that I needed 2 more levels to craft up the saddle. So wont be riding that quiet yet. Tamed a 145 pteranodon I spotted hanging around near my base.

For the final tame of the night I found a 130 throny dragon in the south, so I kited it and of course its pal into the raft. I missed judged the kite a bit and both landed right ontop of me when they fell into the trap pinning me inplace, unable to moved they shredded my armour and killed me. I respawned and killed the level 30 and knocked out the 130 and took it back to base unconscious. I had to farm prime meat on the mainland using my ichtyornis to hunt dodos, thank goodness for the stack settings for the server. Tamed up the thorny and called it a night. 

I have done alot of taming but yet little advancing in technology. Still living out my utility raft and my little shack on the island. Once I have tamed up a doed I had better start making moves into electrical equipment.

• Like 3

Found a level 180 Tek Quetzal and solo tamed it in mid-air. 

Also completed a griffin trap that catches them with super ease. Basically you just get them mad at you and park right by the cage. They fly around in wide circles attacking you and... boom! Et voila. 

Edit: Big day. Tamed the lvl 180 Tek Quetzal, 4 x Griffins (130,135,145,145), 140 Anky, and 145 Argie. 

Lvl180 Tek Quetzal.jpg

griffin_trap.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 4

Got on to see the servers were having a bit of a fritz, luckily our Center server was okay! 

Had planned to continue my new Rag guy but ARK gods had other plans! Logged on TC. Went about collecting my snail paste, checking a few troughs around base and bred together some Ptera eggs ive been holding onto for over 6 months. Went over to each outpost and threw 100 element in each genny, did a fly about for a few tames (nothing interesting) and went back to base to tend to my Pteras.

Im still not sure which direction I want to go on my Ragnarok playthrough. I know I want something self imposed and different (for a bit) Im going to focus on raft life for a bit for sure. Our tribe has been The Islanders for awhile across multiple servers, since Saltire settled on those islands im thinking thats a good set off point. So far im thinking: Raft focus, I dont really want to rely on fliers this time. I plan to do different breed projects to supplement my other servers, to do this I need self imposed boundries. Torn between Only Mammals and No Carnovours. If I do the latter I can still get one flier to possibly steal wyvern eggs (Pelagornis - piscavour) to 'trade' to my other servers for goodies. I could also use two of my favorites, Baryonyx and Spino (another line im lacking good progress with) Ive done a no mammal before, I do need to work on Megatherium aswell. 

Typing this out made my mind. Im going semi-primitive (tribe wont be - only my personal build) Raft-focused, Island-focused only fish & berry tames. Keeps me away from meta dinos, most fliers and keeps me near the sea. Also not sharing with other servers unless I can form a fair trade with myself.

This is just self imposed so @AngrySaltire doesnt have to follow it, I think the synergy would be interesting with his style of build

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Our tribe has been The Islanders for awhile across multiple servers, since Saltire settled on those islands im thinking thats a good set off point. So far im thinking: Raft focus, I dont really want to rely on fliers this time. . 

Typing this out made my mind. Im going semi-primitive (tribe wont be - only my personal build) Raft-focused, Island-focused only fish & berry tames. Keeps me away from meta dinos, most fliers and keeps me near the sea. 

This is just self imposed so @AngrySaltire doesnt have to follow it, I think the synergy would be interesting with his style of build

I have a feeling my current build will suit this Island playthrough of yours. I shall post a screenshot at somepoint. Saying that the current build couldnt accomodate spinos. For my own play through I was thinking of focusing on primitive building and the like, in various locations taking advantage of the various ruins and beauty spots about the map.

Am unsure about following the fish and berry tame restriction, I have already tamed up a few carnivores and I just have to have a thyla for ground game lol, although I am definitely avoiding flyers atm even though I have tamed up a ptera already but I would like to nick wyvern eggs too for the other servers. Definatly holding back on the argy and griffin tame. I shall mull it over.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

If I do the latter I can still get one flier to possibly steal wyvern eggs (Pelagornis - piscavour) to 'trade' to my other servers for goodies.

This I have to see. 

P.s. About this piscovore and berry restriction. Whats your plan on pure ocean going tames ? None of them are pure piscivores yet they could suit your play through ? Or would spinos and barys suffice ?

P.P.S The temptation to build an aircraft carrier for pelagornis is is strong

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Ragnarok - Unofficial.

Spent most of the day on Ark. Ended up looking after the house while the folks were away for the day, we're getting the kitchen refitted, such fun and games. Started of on a taming spree and took the taming raft to the SW islands. Spotted two doeds (145 f and 40 m) and got both of them into the taming trap. Downed and tamed both of them.

Finally hit level 67 for the allo saddle. At which point I saddled up and went hunting back in the south west islands. Spotted an ovis and killed it for mutton and lamb chops. Killed some small and medium sized creatures which now drop z seeds (unofficial setting) so I could tame up some of the glowpets now spawning on jerboa island (again unofficial setting). Tamed up two shinehorns and a nice blue featherlight. The featherlight is so getting transfered to the center. 

Noticed a 135 thylo wandering around so I dashed back to base and got the taming raft. Lured the thylo into the raft and knocked it out. I had to waken up the thylo as I put an arrow into it just as it went down, but I knocked it out again and tamed it up. 

Ground out the rest of the night on the build. Started of by building the perimeter fence and installing gates at appropriate points. Sunk foundations on each level of the ruins and built individual rooms. Its messy in bits but overall I like it. Still need to decide what function each room will server. I shall probably build a breeding room off one of the current rooms but thats a plan for another night. D1nks currently turning the bigger room into a makeshift crafting area. Finished off by building a lighthouse style building, the location was begging for a lighthouse for the docks and that hill was begging for a tower of some sort.

rps20190406_232553.thumb.jpg.1e5b2ea11fcd2bf31f782a196fbb2835.jpg

• Like 2