So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Today i finished building my main workshop in the north east of the Island. Well i kind of finished, for now. I did some crystal and metal grinding for greenhouse walls. Now, my workshop has a big glas wall and now you can enjoy the beautiful sunset. If this behemoth gate wasnt there. I guess, i have to demolish it.

I also managed to kill a lvl 90 Alpha Trex with my dunkli. First i lured it into the ocean, then I killed with the basi all the jellyfish and then whistled attack my target. It took a while to kill the Rex, but it was done. As a reward, my dunkli got 22 lvl ups.

Another thing i managed to do was taming a white Argentavis. I have seen a lot, but everyone was a low lvl. But then, when i was looking for a high lvl male Allo, i found this beautiful max lvl Argy. Now i can die in peace.

• Like 1

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Center

Havent been on much since the update and I was on a sort of working holiday for the weekend. Its nice to get away for a while, especially when your out in the sticks, love it. I continued my base move from the Ragnarok server across to the Center. Mindwiped to allow a respec fully into weight, there was a lot of stuff that I wanted to move in one go, which reduced the annoyance of the transfer system if I could just hold everything and transfer my character. Got some of the vaults down into my wee build in the main base and used them as a temporary dump until I sort it all out.

Finally made a start to the kibble farm relocation. After testing out some designs earlier on in the week after the update, I put down a circular stone barn in the water base. Was a bit of a pain to get the foundations lined up with the terrain but I made it fit. Love these new 4 high walls but I just wish the sloped ceilings would snap better so I just stuck a flat roof on it for now.

I transfered across a selection of kibble animals from Ragnarok, making sure I had a selection of dinos for each kibble group except from the exceptional and extraordinary group. Ultimately I want to downsized and save space. I might make some changes to what dinos I have, swapout the turtles (too bulky and annoying for me) for maybe some kentros just because I love those dinos or more sensibly some more female terror birds to save space. I still need to set up the oviraptors properly and also add more to the surperior group probably more argies. I'll just breed up some theris for the exceptional egg group at some point.

Had a quick scout round the map on my drake, checking out the new public obelisk teleporters and also had a wee peek at Saltys castle build before logging.

• Like 1

The Center/Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Still transferring dinos/items across from Ragnarok into my new base on The Center. Must have spent a good 30+ hours so far since Friday. Unfortunately, I don’t think the Rag server will even be stable enough before the wipe so @d1nk @AngrySaltire get on ASAP for transfers, currently spiking like mad and pinging at 255 at times too. Wish I’d considered the wipe 2 months ago but whats done is done, so it may reach a point when we have to cut our losses before the wipe can even take place.

Anyway, just the Thylas to bring over and any left over gear before I start tearing down the base for the tek structures. Why craft new tek structures when you can leave gaping holes in your old base, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The Center/Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Still transferring dinos/items across from Ragnarok into my new base on The Center. Must have spent a good 30+ hours so far since Friday. Unfortunately, I don’t think the Rag server will even be stable enough before the wipe so @d1nk @AngrySaltire get on ASAP for transfers, currently spiking like mad and pinging at 255 at times too. Wish I’d considered the wipe 2 months ago but whats done is done, so it may reach a point when we have to cut our losses before the wipe can even take place.

Anyway, just the Thylas to bring over and any left over gear before I start tearing down the base for the tek structures. Why craft new tek structures when you can leave gaping holes in your old base, right?

How much longer we got. I wasnt planing on going on tonight ?I can do an emergency evac tommorow night ? 

Edit: just seen the club post. 

Edited by AngrySaltire

Been in an Ark mood lately. Logged in the other day and found all of my S+ buildings gone because of the Homestead update. Tonight I basically went back and fixed it but I had to use an older backup. Got all my structures back, but almost all of my items are gone instead. At least those are easier to spawn back in.

All I wanted to do was maybe mess around with breeding on weekends cause I find that relaxing, I can spend an afternoon doing that while watching Netflix or whatever.

1 hour ago, Cymas said:

Been in an Ark mood lately. Logged in the other day and found all of my S+ buildings gone because of the Homestead update. Tonight I basically went back and fixed it but I had to use an older backup. Got all my structures back, but almost all of my items are gone instead. At least those are easier to spawn back in.

All I wanted to do was maybe mess around with breeding on weekends cause I find that relaxing, I can spend an afternoon doing that while watching Netflix or whatever.

I saw the avatar and knew it was you! Welcome back friend-o!

My dolphin got stuck on the beach. I punched it. I parasaured it. I triked it. Eventually I just sat on it and willed it to get unstuck and it got unstuck. I was just about to put it out of its misery.

Flew around on my fast flying bird and saw some small strange wooden structure on the river system. Got some cement paste and wood from it after investigating it. Some creatures that look like giant beavers tried to kill me after that but I was too quick for them. I got on my fast flying bird and flew off. I'm wondering if they will rebuild. They are in such a dangerous place with so many predators. I can only cross my fingers. I'm after their cement paste. They are very useful.

I'm planning to save the cement paste to build a platform on those big trees to get sap to make delicious cakes and superior kibble.  Apparently those cakes are required to tame certain species in the Ark. So I better have some for future taming purposes.

I only have the first 3 tier kibbles. I have eggs for the 4th but no sap. I have no dinosaurs or eggs for the 5th and 6th tier kibbles. I wonder if I am good enough to be able to tame any dinosaurs in those tiers. Have to go far from my base to get them as well. 

I feel contend just surviving day by day. 

Edited by Gabriel388
Correction of words.
  • Like 1

Got eaten by a Raptor, went back to get my  stuff and got eaten by a Raptor.  Rinse and Repeat while leading it away from my body. Finally after many deaths it is away from my bag of metal hatchet and pick (Just started again and need them). Head back collect said bag AAAAANNNDDD get eaten by a 2nd Raptor. This game goes on for over an hour. Finally got away from them and tamed a Trike to assist with Raptor pain.

Built a reasonable 4x8 starter home and started building my Castle. Had to tame a Ptero to get to the metal nodes (yes it is light on carry weight) until I can get enough narco together to catch a Argie.

So in short, Got eaten by Raptors, tamed 2 dinos and build a hut.

Edit: Just incase any of you picked up on this. Yes I tamed 2 dinos but dont have the hide to make saddles......doh!!

Edited by Monde
  • Like 2

Xbox - The Center and Ragnarok

Before I hoped from The Center on to Rag, I helped out a newbie (I assume) to the server. They were dodging an alpha rex by blue ob so I said I'd go and assist. I commandeered d1nks giga as I havent transfered one of my own to the server (shhhh dont tell d1nk he'll never know) and transported to blue ob by the public teleporter. Killed the rex without issue, obviously lol.

Hoped across to Rag to finish the last of the transfering before the wipe. Cryoed up the remaining kibble barn for storage on the Center just in case, probably won't ever use them but theyre saved from the wipe for the time being. I'll do a proper cull when I finalise the kibble barn set up. Evacuated my prized breeding shoulder pets and I am currently housing them in the water base on The Center. I culled all the spare shoulder pets..... the shinehon bleats break my heart... Finished up by packing up my wyvern trench outpost and also my oil pumps before transfering off the server.

Decided it would be a shame to let so many stone foundations on Rag go to waste so I hoped back on to grab some, would be useful for future projects. I knew at the time it was a reeeeeaaaaaly bad idea. I think I crashed the server with all the picking up, or maybe the server really just did conk out on me. Had a nervous wait to see if I lost my character due to any potential roll back. Got back on the server to find my character was ok, so I decided to cut my loses and evacuate the server before the server conked out again. I think I got everything of importance off Rag now so its probably the last time I'll be on it before the wipe. Sad times, but I am looking forward to building afresh.

• Like 2

Ark is a dangerous place for a hunter. The dinosaurs are very different one from another. You gotta know the specifics of the dinosaurs you are hunting otherwise you become the hunted very quickly.

Small dinosaurs can be extremely dangerous when they are together with some other dinosaur.

If you see a Dilo and Raptor together, very dangerous to hunt. In places where there is a lot of forest cover, it is really dangerous for a hunter.

You see one dino, you shoot it, next thing you know you are being hunted by Raptors and Dilos.

Those big snakes, they creep up on you so easily. Before you know it, you are dead.

Jelly fish look so surreal, before you know it, you're dead. They sneak up on you.

There's something in the big tree forest on the Island that can ambush you while you are on a fast flying bird flying too low.

Raptors are really good at ambushing you. They are so fast. It's an amazing feeling when you shoot one in the head as it is coming to eat you alive.

This game is very complex with many things to discover about the environment and the dinosaurs.

It's such a dangerous game with so many ways to die.

@AngrySaltire I’m on my 3rd character now. I had to do several roll backs over the weekend and thought I lost a character so made a new one on The Center. Luckily, the rollback went to when I was on Rag earlier that day, and ended up duping hours worth of items/dinos. I didn’t give into temptation and left the duped stuff lol. Got a tribe member back who wants to play Ark again so I’d expect to be putting some heavy hours back into this game again. More bosses and tek cave here we come.

The Center/Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Finished off transferring everything I wanted to keep from Rag onto Center before the server wipe. So many hours went into that but glad it’s done because I won’t be moving main bases again.

Next job is to build a greenhouse so I can start converting my eggs to the new kibble, especially the superior tier. Pretty lacklustre in that department, so may even start taming some more egg layers. Feels good to be playing Ark again, especially on a map I’ve neglected for such a long time.

• Like 3

Started the night off on Ragnarok to gather up most of what I want transferred. The rest can be deleted, didnt want to risk picking up buildings because of server stability

Transferred it all to TC, did some base chores. Made cakes, picked crops etc. Did a fly around on my wyv, killed a few alphas and on my way back into base I spot an alpha rex above our base stuck in the cliff (got a good photo for the club ill upload tonight) 

After I did a few material runs, some metal runs, stone, wood etc. Crafted a bunch of stone and started on a concept build just outside of base render, ontop one of the pillars. Tried my hand at a large circular building that im going to make into some sort of light house type deal. Mostly for practice for my next real build but also just for fun :) 

Logged off shortly after placing most of my pieces. 

• Like 1

I've been flying around collecting metal. Swimming around looking for trilos. Killed 2 dolphins for meat. Hunted a crocodile and killed it. Hunted 3 trikes and killed them. Hunted an Alpha Raptor and killed her while she was greedily eating from the turtle she hunted. The Alpha Raptor had a lot of Prime meat but most spoiled before I could cook them in the base. Hunted and killed 3 Dilos. Hunted and killed 5 Raptors. Refined metal in forge. Cooked raw meat and raw fish. Made cooked meat and cooked prime meat into jerky. Picked up turd to make fertiliser. Collect fruits for storage. Fertilise plots. Collect eggs to eat and put into storage. Thinking of what to tame next. I think I need to cook more kibbles of the simple and regular varieties. I only have 2 simple and 5 regular. Still have not gotten to building the platform yet on those big trees. I will one day. Built quite a few fridges in my base.

Hunted and killed a few penguins. Had to quickly go back to base because the organic polymer rots real fast. Just flying around and looking about a lot.

• Like 2

Went to log in and it took 5! Login attempts (with kicks every time) to log in, as soon as I got in I tried to identify the problem. The only thing added to our base since my last login was my hut I built, out of render. I was render hopping with tek legs (popping in and out of render blocks to test the load) when I realized every time I loaded the wyvern platform, I would micro freeze. My new build wasnt in render. Moved the wyverns up a platform (we have cliff plats going up a huge pillar) and turned off the Tek Bridge and it seemed to fix it.

Spent time around the base, did some farting around, killed some Alphas then remembered I havent tested Tek dedicated storage yet.. built a few and.. wow! Love these. They snap to eachother!! You can stack them, snap beside and snap all ways! Built about 15 of em lol

• Like 2

The Center - Private Xbox Cluster

Pretty much got to work on the greenhouse, another armoured one that I was able to build within one of my castles outer wall towers. Got fed up trying to get the ladders to work between all 6 floors so decided to stick a small elevator platform in for ease. Managed to put some pipes in place, one heading off by a cliff and the other straight into the castle on the same floor as the fridges so ended it off with a indy cooker.

Next session will consist of laying the remain pipes down, past and below the cliff and into the sea. So grateful for tek gear as it makes the whole process so much easier than messing about with a flyer or particularly a Quetzal.

• Like 2

Xbox - The Center

Didnt do much tonight, didnt get on till late. Basically sorted out the kibble barn a bit more. Raised up some female dodos, argents and terror birds to bulk out the egg tiers we already had and also hatched up a male and some female theris for the exceptional kibble teir. Raised up and installed the dodos, argents and terror birds and removed the turles now I had the terror birds which were better for space economy. Raised up the theris  to adolescence before cryoing when I logged off. 

30 minutes ago, d1nk said:

remembered I havent tested Tek dedicated storage yet.. built a few and.. wow! Love these. They snap to eachother!! You can stack them, snap beside and snap all ways! Built about 15 of em lol

Lol thats the first thing I saw when I logged in, you beat me to it. Looks like youve been busy with that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - The Center

Didnt do much tonight, didnt get on till late. Basically sorted out the kibble barn a bit more. Raised up some female dodos, argents and terror birds to bulk out the egg tiers we already had and also hatched up a male and some female theris for the exceptional kibble teir. Raised up and installed the dodos, argents and terror birds and removed the turles now I had the terror birds which were better for space economy. Raised up the theris  to adolescence before cryoing when I logged off. 

Lol thats the first thing I saw when I logged in, you beat me to it. Looks like youve been busy with that.

Yeah they didnt intrest me at first since a) I love vaults b) stack mods c) I love vaults. The one button deposit all is worth it. Besides our armour, premades, weapons and artifact / tribute vaults it basically eliminates half the base room lol. Im probably the only person who wishes Tek Dedicated Storage (from now on out - TDS) were bigger in appearance.

Just got home, tried to login and still getting kicks like crazy.. im going to try and remove that building I did (which is actually the exact as kibble barn, saw that for the first time last night.. love it fyi) and see if that helps. Realistically we dont have much in the base - dinos or building pieces wise..I dont know whats causing all the login fails.. turrets maybe?!

• Like 2