So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I caught a nasty cold last night, been really sick since Friday.. I have nothing planned all weekend and were pretty much snowed in so.. lots of time for ARK xD 

Im on some weird sleep pattern atm, damn medicine. Started off setting the eggers up to collect some more candies & boxes. Did a few metal runs, took the mammoth out for a long run. With the stack boost paired with its insane weight and reduction im able to go on long wood runs now. The mammoth used to get slot capped pretty quickly

Filled up stone vault and wood a bit, made a whack of ammo, gunpowder, shocking darts and transferred a bunch of taming stuff to Ragnarok to expend a bunch of these boxes o chocolate.

While there organized my stuff a bit, my rag base is a jumbled mess right now. Gathered the stuff into my wyvern, plus a premade stone trap should i need it and went off to see what I could find.

Tamed a 145 allo and a 150 event rex. The rex came out 10.5k hp base, pretty nice. Same as a server mates line. Decided after a few massacres trying to spawn in event griffins and allos' I jumped on my griffin and went to the Scar.

Probably spent 2 hours here killing wyverns, grabbing eggs and searching for ovis (had some cakes on me) - Nothing worth the time. Still couldnt find a single ovis spawn despite the recent dino wipe because the event. Didnt get a single egg over 60, even though I killed a 175 fire and a 180 lightning in the trench.. (pumpshot + griffin) Went back to base. 

Hopped on my lightning and went to the desert. Grabbed some drops, built multi use taming spot nearish desert metal area and spent another few hours killing loads of spawns forcing in new ones. Ended up taming a 135 male daedon to go with @AngrySaltire's female (its on Island now) a beautiful low level purple and white thylo and just as I was leaving a 145 male thylo.

Went back home, transferred some tames to the island,grabbed a giga egg, some tapa eggs and went to Extinction. Hatched my gigs egg and about 20 rex eggs trying to combine my new rex into the server's line. Finally got a twin clean pair, imprinted 4x rexs, giga egg hatched twin male and female, got 91% on each. Also imprinted a tapajara and popped 6 velo eggs for extra disposable mobile turrets.

Gave a fellow server mate a bunch of Aberration stuff as he doesnt have the DLC, a crab, extra drake, a velonsaur and some other goodies. Went back to the island for a metal run, making more poly and going to continue to farm for a bit before logging.

• Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island an Ragnarok.

Was supposed to do some OSDs tonight but that was called off. Instead finished raising my two gigas I had started raising. Managed to somehow pull off 100% imprinting on both of them, even the one I was behind on the imprints. Took one of them out for a spin to level it uo a bit inpreparation for future OSD attempts.

Raised up my self a daedon now that d1nk found the perfect partner for the one I tamed yesterday. Hatched up a few dimorphs for the fun of it. The raise times on those were crazy with the event active. 8 minutes, just had enough time to pull off 100% imprints.

Finished up by doing a quick drop run on Ragnarok in the hope of a premade ascendant giga saddle for my new gigas. Only managed to find 2 desert drops and no giga saddles. Also got a fright when I saw basilisks spawning in the desert, forgot that was a thing now on the server. Wish I kept all my low level drake eggs from Aberation now lol. Swung round to the swamp to look at the karkinos now also spawning on our map. Fun times. 

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island an Ragnarok.

Was supposed to do some OSDs tonight but that was called off. Instead finished raising my two gigas I had started raising. Managed to somehow pull off 100% imprinting on both of them, even the one I was behind on the imprints. Took one of them out for a spin to level it uo a bit inpreparation for future OSD attempts.

Raised up my self a daedon now that d1nk found the perfect partner for the one I tamed yesterday. Hatched up a few dimorphs for the fun of it. The raise times on those were crazy with the event active. 8 minutes, just had enough time to pull off 100% imprints.

Finished up by doing a quick drop run on Ragnarok in the hope of a premade ascendant giga saddle for my new gigas. Only managed to find 2 desert drops and no giga saddles. Also got a fright when I saw basilisks spawning in the desert, forgot that was a thing now on the server. Wish I kept all my low level drake eggs from Aberation now lol. Swung round to the swamp to look at the karkinos now also spawning on our map. Fun times. 

Hahaha oops.. I literally grabbed all the crates right before you got on, as you were logging in I was finished my crate run and logging :P 

Another weird day on Ark tried to sleep after my last post and managed to get a whole hour before the dog started going off, guess ill stay up. Hopped back on and finished moving stuff over to Rag for my new base. Ive been gathering personal materials through the weeks while on runs, a few ceilings / walls here and there really added up. With our new stack modifications its become a lot eaisier to mass produce, which I like. I made 100% use of the whip mechanics,  would load up with 6000+ thatch, fill cap of wood then drop 7-8000 stone & wood from the tames' inventory and whip it up resulting in a ridiculous overcap :P had 11k cap of mats at one point.

Ive been periodically flying over the rag desert trying to find a good spot to build, I wanted to be near the drops and the metal mountain so I settled on that cove behind it on the river, the one with the built in water pen. I dont go in the water much on Rag.. but figure if I do id have a spot incase.

Started my project. I brought over 250 walls, 150 ceilings and 100 foundations and I only got the basic outline plus a few feature floors done.. need about 200 more ceilings and walls. Installed a tek behe gate, my extra teleporter, genny, through ive been saving. Linked my old base with my new base via teleporter and got triple DC'd on my first tp attempt.. uh oh :P I havent even brought over and dinos nor finished my building.. bad omen? 

We will see. Just woke up from a well needed nap and im hopping back on, still sick as heck but its passing !

• Like 1

Continued to work on my new base today. Filled in some missing spots, a quick run for stone and I did a few aestetics. Teleported back to my old base, demolished my extra public forge I had in the canyon, went to my obsidian island outpost and cleaned up a bit. Did a big metal and obsidian run, followed by a paste run while the metel smelted. 

I started force breeding all my eggers around the base, stock piling eggs for more kibble and to get more valentines boxes of course :P I sorted a lot of tames into cryoballs to store and some to bring to the new place. Bred my quetz and hatched a few eggs. Imprinted on a pair of 212 twins (botched the timers and only got 86%) 

Between imprints I was searching for event griffins. I spotted a 130 earlier and went to see if it was there, I landed for a second and a 140 rex jumps out at me. I was near a pitfall trap so I knocked it out. Mediocre stats, threw in the cryofridge. Searched a bit more, was attempting to knock out a 145 event griff near beaver lakes in one of those funky dino gate..line.. traps. It wasnt unlocked so the griffin escaped. I spent a good 30 mins chasing it around then gave up and went home.

All my metal and poly was done so I made an industrial forge and a few vaults for the new place then tele'd over there to place it all. Built a small little deck for my forge, placed a few vaults, smithies, fabricator and connected up the plumbing. As I was down in my water pen I spotted a 145 event megaladon and knocked it out and tamed it for shiggles.

Did a metal run and logged. Tomorrow ill finish up all the walls and ceilings of my new base. Undecided whether to use a Tek Forcefield instead of walls creativley some how.. but  still thinking about that. 

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

The original plan for tonight was to transfer to an extinction server to scout for potential targets. Priority at this point in time is to attain cryopods and fridges for our tames. This would have been awesome if the server didn't continuously lag with only SECONDS in between prolonged lag spikes and dropnoits. Ended up taking me over an hour to get back to base when it should have taken me not even two minutes from where I was. Craziness. Logged for the night once I was satisfied everything was locked up cursing the game for robbing me of my adventures tonight. 

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Extinction 

Had a fun evening chasing OSDs. Scouted out each drop on a mana looking for a red OSD to do with d1nk. Activated each one I found and let it be destroyed to clear the drops. Activated a purple for the giggles and watched from afar in horror as no less than 7 to 8 corrupted wyverns descended on the shield. 

Eventually found a yellow and called it out to d1nk. Decided to do it while we waited on a red drop. Cleared it, the loot was disappointing. Went back on the hunt. Found a red one and we geared up and took it on. We did it with a pair of mate boosted gigas and d1nk deployed a spare half way through the OSD. Great fun the waves of wyverns, spinos, rexes and paracers are so much more exciting than the standard yellow OSDs. The loot was so much better than the yellow, the gem being two tek legging blueprints ! Might try soloing a red drop at some point, might get a bit hairy.

Continued to look for another OSD. Spotted an absolutly gorgeous 145 female gasbag, pure white with red spots must have been an event one. Jumped back to the Island server to grab my taming gear and some boxes of chocolates. Transfered back to Extinction and rushed back out to the wastlands where I saw the gasbag. Spotted it again a proceeded to knock it out. Eventually knocked it out in a relatively safe spot, cleared the area of corrupted creatures keeping an eye towards the snow biome directions to where I saw a corrupted giga. Filled the gasbag up with chocolates and kibble. Got the gasbag taming bar up to 97% when another  corrupted giga spawned ontop of me. Tried to distract the giga and lure the giga away, but the giga decided it was more important to munch the downed gasbag rather than the managarmr blasting it. Gutted I quickly transfered the tek leggings bp across to the Island before logging of heart broken. RIP pretty gasbag, didnt even get to tame you lol.

• Sad 1

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Extinction and The Island

After last nights success with the red OSDs I decided to try some out solo. Scouted out red OSD drops again on my managarmr. On the first red OSD attempt I had to abondon it as just as the OSD activated as a meteor storm started so I made my escape to the closeby desert dome. The second was in the sulphur pools so I just activated that one and let it be.

The third one was the one I attempted a defense fully. I went in with a giga and and a spare mateboosted giga in reserve in a cryopod and some v-day chocolates just incase. It went well to begin with, decided to try it completely solo with a single giga. The first three waves went great, lost maybe about 5k health tops and the OSD health held up to.  Then the fourth wave came, it started well I did did get crowded abit but nothing to much to worry about. Then all of a sudden something unmounted me and recked all my armour, still not sure what. But of course I was button mashing the melee button at the time and I was still holding my cryoed mana so it deployed, theoretically I could have deployed the second giga to assist but the cryosickness wouldnt allow it. Separated from the giga, it just didnt seem to react even though it was on neautral. But with out me mounted it enraged quickly and died quickly. RIP Themis you fought well ! I retreated on the mana and waited for the OSD to fail and cryosickness to wear off and deployed my second giga and went to rescue Themis's ascendant saddle. 

Decided in response to this to take advantage of the still active increased maturation rates to raise up some replacement gigas. Raised up three replacement gigas, a male and two females. Got a female and male to 100% imprint but the second female only got 92%. Raised up two more rexes for future boss fights or a tek cave attempt.

Am still wondering about the red OSD. I am not aware of a creature in the OSD lineup which can take you of your mount ? Is it an ability of the enraged trike ? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am still wondering about the red OSD. I am not aware of a creature in the OSD lineup which can take you of your mount ? Is it an ability of the enraged trike ? 

I've had problems with my giga enraging from having too many enraged trikes/rexes at my feet when chompin thru..... could have been dismounted by getting enraged and just didn"t notice?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Extinction and The Island

After last nights success with the red OSDs I decided to try some out solo. Scouted out red OSD drops again on my managarmr. On the first red OSD attempt I had to abondon it as just as the OSD activated as a meteor storm started so I made my escape to the closeby desert dome. The second was in the sulphur pools so I just activated that one and let it be.

The third one was the one I attempted a defense fully. I went in with a giga and and a spare mateboosted giga in reserve in a cryopod and some v-day chocolates just incase. It went well to begin with, decided to try it completely solo with a single giga. The first three waves went great, lost maybe about 5k health tops and the OSD health held up to.  Then the fourth wave came, it started well I did did get crowded abit but nothing to much to worry about. Then all of a sudden something unmounted me and recked all my armour, still not sure what. But of course I was button mashing the melee button at the time and I was still holding my cryoed mana so it deployed, theoretically I could have deployed the second giga to assist but the cryosickness wouldnt allow it. Separated from the giga, it just didnt seem to react even though it was on neautral. But with out me mounted it enraged quickly and died quickly. RIP Themis you fought well ! I retreated on the mana and waited for the OSD to fail and cryosickness to wear off and deployed my second giga and went to rescue Themis's ascendant saddle. 

Decided in response to this to take advantage of the still active increased maturation rates to raise up some replacement gigas. Raised up three replacement gigas, a male and two females. Got a female and male to 100% imprint but the second female only got 92%. Raised up two more rexes for future boss fights or a tek cave attempt.

I cant think of anything that would... do Thylo spawn in the wastelands? Maybe it got an angle off a cliff?! Lagg and possible Y button press? I dont know o.O 

11 minutes ago, Graf1cs said:

I've had problems with my giga enraging from having too many enraged trikes/rexes at my feet when chompin thru..... could have been dismounted by getting enraged and just didn"t notice?

Ah I think thats it, makes sense given the type of dismount. Didnt think the giga raged instantly, was keeping an eye on the rage meter but I could have missed it.

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I cant think of anything that would... do Thylo spawn in the wastelands? Maybe it got an angle off a cliff?! Lagg and possible Y button press? I dont know o.O 

Yeah they spawn in the wastelands but they would need to be attached to a redwood tree to pull the pounce off wild I beleive. Definatly not a thyla think it was the giga enraging.

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Aaahh thats it. Enraged trike + artho reflect + being pounded. 

Guess I need to try using a mateboosted pair now when solo now lol.

Tried to do some more red OSD drops solo, this time with a pair of mate boosted gigas. The first OSD went well enough. Started of with the single giga and fought my way to about wave 3 before deploying the second giga for the mate boost and back up. The second giga did rage at one point but it held its own and I helped it where I could. Completed the drop, the main giga lost a little help but the spare was right down at about 6k health, a bit worrying. Got some good loot, the gems being a tek boot bp and an ascendant managarmr saddle bp, only about 80 armour but its better than primitive.

The second red drop didnt go so well. Even before it began I had reservations about it, the terrian was too flat and open so the corrupted creatures wouldnt have an issue getting to the drop. Deployed the second giga at wave two. Think I hit wave 3 or 4 were it went wrong. To many creatures came at once and my ridden giga raged and threw me off and took out my armour. Confirms what happened the other night though lol. I couldnt get away from my giga and it killed me as I tried to make it to the second giga, which was probably for the best. Hoped on a spare managarmr back at base and got back to where the OSD was. The OSD obviously despawned when it derendered which probably saved my gigas. The gigas cleared up what hadnt been killed or despawned and I retreived my gigas to my relief.

Think I need to come up with a new strategy for this, its so risky lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

So you could bring a few metal dino gates and place them down in a circle around the drop, you'd have to be pretty quick about it. It's kind of resource heavy but you're probably getting free ones from the drops anyways right! This will allow you to stay back a bit and not get pounded on top of the drop by 30 spinos/rexes/trikes, hopefully lessening the chance of a rage, those red 100k drops will put up with quite a bit of punishment, just thinking out loud, saw lucky by nature try it in a video. SOLO IS TOUGH

Another idea i had but havent tried is a quetz with plat saddle full of velonosaurs (5 or 6 mate boosted), parked and hovering above the drop, quetz on passive, velos on turret mode aggressive, this should shred the wyerns in theory.... its alot of work tho...maybe too much.

• Like 1

Started again on PVE

Gave up on PVP and returned to a SE PVE server that I first started out on a year ago. 

Met a friendly tribe that I got chatting to, when they heard I used to be on the server previously and had rejoined to find new people to play alongside, I was gifted a reasonably medium level poison wyvern and some tools and wished well on my journey. 

I missed PVE ? time to rebuild Dragons Peak and go back to my roots. 

Edited by Nicoli612

36 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Tried to do some more red OSD drops solo, this time with a pair of mate boosted gigas. The first OSD went well enough. Started of with the single giga and fought my way to about wave 3 before deploying the second giga for the mate boost and back up. The second giga did rage at one point but it held its own and I helped it where I could. Completed the drop, the main giga lost a little help but the spare was right down at about 6k health, a bit worrying. Got some good loot, the gems being a tek boot bp and an ascendant managarmr saddle bp, only about 80 armour but its better than primitive.

The second red drop didnt go so well. Even before it began I had reservations about it, the terrian was too flat and open so the corrupted creatures wouldnt have an issue getting to the drop. Deployed the second giga at wave two. Think I hit wave 3 or 4 were it went wrong. To many creatures came at once and my ridden giga raged and threw me off and took out my armour. Confirms what happened the other night though lol. I couldnt get away from my giga and it killed me as I tried to make it to the second giga, which was probably for the best. Hoped on a spare managarmr back at base and got back to where the OSD was. The OSD obviously despawned when it derendered which probably saved my gigas. The gigas cleared up what hadnt been killed or despawned and I retreived my gigas to my relief.

Sweet loot man!! The funny part is, these gigas have 100+ arm saddles o.O How are officials supposed to do it ? xD More gigas I figure :P 

10 minutes ago, Graf1cs said:

So you could bring a few metal dino gates and place them down in a circle around the drop, you'd have to be pretty quick about it. It's kind of resource heavy but you're probably getting free ones from the drops anyways right! This will allow you to stay back a bit and not get pounded on top of the drop by 30 spinos/rexes/trikes, hopefully lessening the chance of a rage, those red 100k drops will put up with quite a bit of punishment, just thinking out loud, saw lucky by nature try it in a video. SOLO IS TOUGH

Another idea i had but havent tried is a quetz with plat saddle full of velonosaurs (5 or 6 mate boosted), parked and hovering above the drop, quetz on passive, velos on turret mode aggressive, this should shred the wyerns in theory.... its alot of work tho...maybe too much.

I play on the server with Saltire, I actually had a quetz build with 6 spare velos I was going to try this same method until I learnt they nerfed turret dinos on platform saddles :( So it sadly isnt an option. 

@AngrySaltire Maybe just simply more tames to divvy up the damage dealt? I guess the rider bonus really makes the difference becuse we had no problems with ours. Next weekend we can do some more :D 

21 minutes ago, Doodles said:

Newish player.  Still grinding up some resources.  Because I have limited time I am buying dinos in some instances to get a foothold on some progress towards boss fights.  Building out my base (grinding the stone/thatch/wood), metal and poly grinds, and a bit of fishing on the side :).

Hopefully not for real money because thats not allowed to be spoken of here :P Welcome to Ark and the thread ! :Jerbhi:

I realized I didnt even record my Monday story.. ill make it short (and use this reply as a way to save room)

Spent the morning working on my new Rag base. Pretty big build for my standards, in reality it isnt that big... roughly 14x8x12

When saltire logged in we did the OSDs as he already covered, after we both went to the island and I started farming to craft those Tek legs blueprint. Did a few metal runs, hopped back over to extinction to transfer over like 6k crystal, electronics etc. Crafted my legs and only got a measly 10% or so.. Theyre damn expensive! More than a tek cloning chamber :P 

Went over to Ragnarok and placed a few pieces I had from before, then did a big metal run at the desert mountain. There are soo many rock elementals around me.. I have resorted to just having a giga follow me, they easily take out the rock golems while a rex took forever. This place is pretty lucrative, had over 10k metal from the spawn. @AngrySaltire Ill be throwing some ingots to the island, I drained most of the extras on stuff around the base.

12 hours ago, Graf1cs said:

12 hours ago, d1nk said:

Sweet loot man!! The funny part is, these gigas have 100+ arm saddles o.O How are officials supposed to do it ? xD More gigas I figure :P 

I play on the server with Saltire, I actually had a quetz build with 6 spare velos I was going to try this same method until I learnt they nerfed turret dinos on platform saddles :( So it sadly isnt an option. 

@AngrySaltire Maybe just simply more tames to divvy up the damage dealt? I guess the rider bonus really makes the difference becuse we had no problems with ours. Next weekend we can do some more :D 

I knkw right, the spare giga has a saddle with 170 armour, no chance on official...

Yeah I was thinking of more tames, more gigas or a squad of boss fighting rexes or theris. Was just hoping to find a simple way of doing it rather than dragging masses of tames half way across the map or having to mass build structures. That rider bonus is a real plus and having full control of the giga is a must.

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Hopefully not for real money because thats not allowed to be spoken of here :P Welcome to Ark and the thread ! :Jerbhi:

I realized I didnt even record my Monday story.. ill make it short (and use this reply as a way to save room)

Spent the morning working on my new Rag base. Pretty big build for my standards, in reality it isnt that big... roughly 14x8x12

When saltire logged in we did the OSDs as he already covered, after we both went to the island and I started farming to craft those Tek legs blueprint. Did a few metal runs, hopped back over to extinction to transfer over like 6k crystal, electronics etc. Crafted my legs and only got a measly 10% or so.. Theyre damn expensive! More than a tek cloning chamber :P 

Went over to Ragnarok and placed a few pieces I had from before, then did a big metal run at the desert mountain. There are soo many rock elementals around me.. I have resorted to just having a giga follow me, they easily take out the rock golems while a rex took forever. This place is pretty lucrative, had over 10k metal from the spawn. @AngrySaltire Ill be throwing some ingots to the island, I drained most of the extras on stuff around the base.

You might want to check the club page about Ragnarok. Hmm I need to check out this metal farming location of yours. Also you up for tribing again on the new permanent center map on the cluster ? Got any ideas for base locations ? 

JOIN AbstractArk *FRESH CLUSTER WIPE Server info below*
•AbstractArk
•DAY 1 FRESH WIPED
•All map cluster
•10x Gather
•offical stats max •weight.boosted,oxygen,stam
•Boosted dino breeding 100%imprint
•Guns Matter
•Easy Craft
•Custom Drops
•AutoLearn Engrams
•Events 
•Great Server-DISCORD-4V6WJhG

White drops give kibble

Green drops give starters

Blue drops give metal structures 

Purple and yellow give boss fight items 

Red give good gear and bps

Any drop with a ring gives saddles or chem bench or indi in white with ring

Custom beaver dams give poly paste and electronics 

Deep sea creates give 25 element and good bps and gear

It is now a week into the server I play and the majority of the server has left because they can’t attack my tribe, we encourage small tribes to build up and starters we even help them out but it’s got to the point where it’s getting boring. We are looking for people who are good at the game and can try and take alpha from us we will even help you start off.