Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

16 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

OMG they actually exist !? I mean I know they do but still, never seen one... Lol

Tbf was it the xbox servers going down or was it when the entirety of xbox live just giving out ?  But anyway that sucks :(

yeah, I'm still a bit peeved about it.  The odds, that I'd finally get one and then there is a hour xbox outage....insane....

• Sad 1

When I logged in just sat around for the first hour. Went on a run on my Managmar, getting used to it still. Found an alpha raptor, some easy exp then logged off for a bit.

When I got back on i went full tilt on production. Original plan was to just farm a teleporter..just because but plans changed mid way. Did a big metal run, filled both forges full, got about 2000 obsidian, started making poly. Filled up the obsidian gachas with metal run stone, then did the only mountain I didnt hit, volcano. 

Let it all smelt up (and kept making polymer - neverending) then started my.plan. We are going to tribe up on Extinction this weekend, so my plan was to get some teleporters going to make Ext. Easier. Made 2x teleporters and 2x tek gennys. First two teleporters for Ext, one for my base and the other to go into my Snow biome outpost. The last genny was just because, mainly for @AngrySaltire to update his Sunken base to the times (and for future teleporter down there) Also premade about 5000 ingots worth of metal structures, going to make my snow outpost metal eventually, got 2 metal behe gates from gacha crystals so figure id use em!

Logged on Ext, placed my first teleporter at my main base then went to snow biome and did fly around. I plan to make the snow teleport public so @SaltyMonkey and co. Can also use it. Wanted to find a new spot but settled on my old outpost spot there. You can teleport there within my walls then just jimp off a cliff beside it.

Placed the metal base, extended my outpost and put down the genny and teleporter. Next time I get over there ill flesh out the rest in metal and place a few more gates. It will be a good snow outpost, fit with fridges, cryo fridge etc.

Teleported back to base and got kicked, I feel this is going to happen every time on Extinction. Just upgraded my net, too from 75mb/s to 300mb/s (needed to upgrade with provider, got a deal on better net) I can feel it help on the island,teleports a bit smoother but still kicks on Ext. Console limits and all :P 

• Like 4

Whahey! Fianlly, moved my Ptera line on - got 3 of the 6 stats so just need to get a further 3 more added to the mutated line - should be coming out 335+ and then I can start mutations on a clean line again and get to the 350 within a few weeks. I worked out 377 I think is the max I can go otherwise they will hot the 450 and have unspent levels which will do my head in - already having that issues with the Boss Rexes we have.

Got my first Allo mutation last night, melee went from 343 to 361 (I know it isnt as good as what people are breeding) but I only started my line on Tuesday, currently at 231 but I have 4 stats to add to that. Ill be happy just getting to 275 born and having an Allo pack (x5) to go on a rampage with.

So it was breed, breed, incubate, incubate a bit more, hatch, kill, hatch, pod, hatch, feed, meat run, feed, breed, incubate for about 5 hrs last night. Gigas are at 30% and 65% so thats good and new boss Rex is at 30% so Ill have those raised soon too.

I had a little scout around and decided I still need to raise my 190 Lightning Wyv, My 190 Rock Drake holiday colour, My high level Basi (Think its 265) and a Yuty of over 245 - all need 100% imprint but where to start when raising so much.

So last night was good, stayed up far too late and will probably do some tonight too but wife will be home so wont be on too early as that would be bad wouldnt it ARK'ers :P

Oh and if any of you are on Official PvE servers and have some good Ptera stats - please PM me, Ill happily pay :)

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 2

Logged on to an update, even with great net took forever :P When i got on saw that our island and rag servers were reset to day 1.. I hope a backup save can fix this, everything of mine was between those 2 servers . Im optomisitic it can be fixed !

• Sad 2

After spending like 2.5 months 5-10 hours every day on the server I was told it was a Legacy server. How ignorant could I be.

But, well, it is still an official server, I can still trade and all, so not that bad in the end. At least good enough for now.

Been breeding and imprinting the animals for the whole week. It is going slowly but surely, I don't have Tek troughs powered yet, and don't want to wake up in the middle of the night to imprint and feed my animals, so cryopods ftw.

My ally kindly carried me and a tribemate through 3 Alpha monkey and 4 Gamma Spider fights, I helped as much as I could, earned some Element, will start working on our boss rexes soon.

At the moment I am taming 180 F Tek Quetzal in the air and feeding my poor quetzal stimberries constantly. I am super excited about that, really hoping to see at least 1.5k weight after it's done.

• Like 2

Private Xbox Cluster - Yesterday

Island:

Spent some time fixing the server resets that @d1nk had pointed out that were caused by the latest console patch, though I permanently lost my alt account in the tests :(

Rag:

Decided to go ahead with freezing my dinos, starting with the hungriest bunch, so all of the Gigas, Deadons, Otters, but left the Quetzals because I have a stack of Dodo kibble in a tek trough in their pen.

Incubatored 20 Rex eggs to the point of a couple mins to hatch in preparation for the tek cave event I’m planning for the community. Plan to hatch at least half of them today, and the rest tomorrow. Once they are all matured, into the cryofridge they go until the event. In the meantime I need to harvest 8K fiber, 15K hide and 2K ingots for each ascendant saddle (124.6 arm).

• Like 3

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

I decided to tame a few utility and kibble dinos to start rebuilding. Tamed a parasaur for the berry collecting, phiomia for the fert and two dilos so I can tame a higher level ankylo. Unfortunately while taking the phiomia back to base I landed on a snow mountain near the swamp and didn't realize the wolves. RIP phiomia. 

After losing the fat pig I decided to farm some c4 and then go farm the lazy way, by raiding. I found a juicy little up and coming base and decided to blow in. Not much but enough to replace the c4 I used. Old mate then decided to rock up to his base so I killed him while looking through his stuff. He then respawned to his bed in a seperate room. I tried tranqing him but he was jumping round like a crazy person and started demoing his own base trying to escape me. It was at this point I started to feel bad so i just left him alone without taking much. I then found a base surrounded by some plant x which was in the process of being converted to metal. I found a blind spot and landed the argie to blow in. Narrowly avoided the plant x and blew the stone section of the wall. Great inner metal base. Surely good loot inside then? An hour later and a dead argie I finally got in to find a handful of stone, wood and thatch. Good times. I took the fertilizer from their maturing plant x on the ground out of spite. I then trapped a 140 black and white argie and have it taming on plain raw meat while I go to sleep to replace my recently lost bird. All in all a fairly uneventful night though I did find where the tribe that wiped us are. A dam crawling cave, that is going to be a challenge. 

• Like 1

Productive day last night, as usual farmed my butt off haha. Started the night by hatching another Managmar just for fun. I actually botched the imprint so it mind find its way over to extinction as an extra mana.

Between imprints I did a few big metal runs, filled the gachas etc. Farmed over 2000 hard poly, 10k or so ingots ... then spent it just as fast :P Made another tek teleporter, genny and some premade metal to finish off my Ext. Snow outpost.

Did a swamp cave run, I burnt through like 4000 paste so I needed to top up. Nothing too exciting, an asc metal.pick blueprint and a premade asc megalania saddle.

As soon as my mana finished I took her for a spin and two alphas were right outside my base, easy 25 or so levels! Crafted up some behemoth gates, threw some stuff into the cloud and hopped over to Extinction. Once on Ext I sorted my stuff and teleported to my snow base. Finished the house in metal and expanded the walls a bit, made it easier to teleport (more space) and then started on my original plan for coming to Ext... running the ice titan cave!

I leveled both my gigas here previously, brought a giga, my snow owl and rode on in. Easy going on the giga, just time consuming. Every bear aggros and they hit a LOT to my poor primitive saddled giga (from 150-300 a hit!) About 1.4 into the cave my gigas hp was already 20k/32k so I had to be careful with packs of bears. Took about an hour to get to the artifact, grabbed a blue drop (crap loot) then walked all thr way yo the ice titan terminal looking for drops.

I walked about 1/4 the way out when I thought: "hmm wonder if I can fly.." threw out the snow owl and sure enough! Flew the rest of the cave. The place is HUGE. Managed to find a yellow drop and after killing the 4 purlovia guarding it grabbed it... crap loot. Flew out of the cave, artifact in hand and went back to base to log.out. 

Today hopefully Saltire and I can tribe up on Ext, and I plan to make a 2nd public teleporter, not sure where yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Productive day last night, as usual farmed my butt off haha. Started the night by hatching another Managmar just for fun. I actually botched the imprint so it mind find its way over to extinction as an extra mana.

Between imprints I did a few big metal runs, filled the gachas etc. Farmed over 2000 hard poly, 10k or so ingots ... then spent it just as fast :P Made another tek teleporter, genny and some premade metal to finish off my Ext. Snow outpost.

Did a swamp cave run, I burnt through like 4000 paste so I needed to top up. Nothing too exciting, an asc metal.pick blueprint and a premade asc megalania saddle.

As soon as my mana finished I took her for a spin and two alphas were right outside my base, easy 25 or so levels! Crafted up some behemoth gates, threw some stuff into the cloud and hopped over to Extinction. Once on Ext I sorted my stuff and teleported to my snow base. Finished the house in metal and expanded the walls a bit, made it easier to teleport (more space) and then started on my original plan for coming to Ext... running the ice titan cave!

I leveled both my gigas here previously, brought a giga, my snow owl and rode on in. Easy going on the giga, just time consuming. Every bear aggros and they hit a LOT to my poor primitive saddled giga (from 150-300 a hit!) About 1.4 into the cave my gigas hp was already 20k/32k so I had to be careful with packs of bears. Took about an hour to get to the artifact, grabbed a blue drop (crap loot) then walked all thr way yo the ice titan terminal looking for drops.

I walked about 1/4 the way out when I thought: "hmm wonder if I can fly.." threw out the snow owl and sure enough! Flew the rest of the cave. The place is HUGE. Managed to find a yellow drop and after killing the 4 purlovia guarding it grabbed it... crap loot. Flew out of the cave, artifact in hand and went back to base to log.out. 

Today hopefully Saltire and I can tribe up on Ext, and I plan to make a 2nd public teleporter, not sure where yet.

Wait, the servers fine now ? The characters have reappeared ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wait, the servers fine now ? The characters have reappeared ? 

Lol I guess so? Logged on last night as usual and it was all good, checked ext and island

Edit: I even transferred items and tames, no problem

Edited by d1nk
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Lol I guess so? Logged on last night as usual and it was all good, checked ext and island

Ah wonderful Ill check it out tonight. Last I heard on the club chat was that the maps were fine but all the characters disapeared, so I logged onto JW Evolution instead last night  to work on an acheivement. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah wonderful Ill check it out tonight. Last I heard on the club chat was that the maps were fine but all the characters disapeared, so I logged onto JW Evolution instead last night  to work on an acheivement. 

I believe Salty lost a character, they mustve thrown out a quick client side hotfix, good thing I had to go out yesterday after work or I mightve lost my toon too :P 

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Island and Extinction

*Sigh* So much for an early night for work tommorow. Ended up being a semi late one which I do try to avoid now. Logged into the island and found that both the map and character were fine so happy days. Finished up the owl tower for gachas I started a few nights ago before the update and resulting shenanigans ensured. 

Then preped up for the alpha broodmother attempt which D1nk had set up for. Did the attempt with Ross who joined us last time, he went in with his daedon this time. We took the rest of the tames 10 theris, 8 megatherium and 1 yuty. Went in and took out the broodmother very easily. The theris didnt even touch the vegie cakes we gave them, might have been downed to the daedon.

Then hoped over to Extinction an merged tribes with D1nk and Salty. Found a 150 tapejara, been keeping an eye out for one, so knocked it out. Got distracted and let a defence unit past me and it got a few hits on the tapejara, so I had to wake it up and knock it out again. Tamed it up without any further issues.

Then for the giggles, the three of us took on a blue OSD. Was a bit of a doddle with a team of rexes, giga and mana. Spent most of the time jut sitting trying to find the stray dilos..... going to be much more exciting taking on a yellow or even a red drop. 

• Like 3

Started the morning as I usually do, farming materials (and spending them) Did a few metal runs, made a bit more polymer and sorted all the tames to go towards Alpha Brood. In the middle of this I made a trade with SaltyMonkey, traded him a cloned crab for a chance to clone his 140 rock elemental.

By the time Saltire logged in I had everything prepped and we smashed out alpha brood. Ill spare the details

After our little venture (now tribed!) On Extinction I hopped back over to Island to make up some more metal pieces for our new desert outpost teleport. Went full metal on this one, had 2 behemoth gates around and made a bunch of dino gates to surround our outpost, rock elementals are near so just incase.

Finished up the base then went for a fly around with my giga in cryo and a theriz in my claws. My intent was to find a yellow osd and try it solo. I didnt find a yellow. Found a purple osd and skipped it, then saw a red.. figured id try it!

Yeah. That went terrible solo, i struggled when thr wyverns came out. My theri was a boss though, tanked a tonne of spinos and such.. but then chased a gasbag off the cliff to exclusion zone and died. I took that as a sign and hightailed it out of there, popped out my wyvern and flew away. Lost a 138 arm theri saddle :( Now I know.. need a friend for reds haha

Hopped back to the island and transferred over a bunch of stuff, a few tames, theri eggs, velo eggs and the Mana breeders. Bred up two manas, hatched two Velo eggs and got triplets outta an egg. Only managed 75% on velo and 88% on manas. Went to bed after.

Today ill be refilling the island stockpiles and hope we can get a tribe red osd done. Would be fun and the drops!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Was hoping youd say that. Am thinking of gigas for a red osd, mate boosted if possible.

Hahah which, the tribe stores refilled?? XD Jk, yes im 100% down. Just traded for some rex eggs with Salty, got a breeding pair now and just making some saddles on Island :) Need for forest cave / OSD backup (though we could use a squad of theriz with cakes same effect for OSD)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Hahah which, the tribe stores refilled?? XD Jk, yes im 100% down. Just traded for some rex eggs with Salty, got a breeding pair now and just making some saddles on Island :) Need for forest cave / OSD backup (though we could use a squad of theriz with cakes same effect for OSD)

About the OSD but goodies on the tribe stores ? Funnily enough I was going to ask DJ about trading for some of his rex eggs, will make some of the rexs i had bred up on rag obselete however. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

About the OSD but goodies on the tribe stores ? Funnily enough I was going to ask DJ about trading for some of his rex eggs, will make some of the rexs i had bred up on rag obselete however. 

Well not entirely, your rexs have blue sides or back? His have blue bellies and heavily mutated, if you got a semi clean female you can get your full blue you love (and clean mutation page a bit)

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Well not entirely, your rexs have blue sides or back? His have blue bellies and heavily mutated, if you got a semi clean female you can get your full blue you love (and clean mutation page a bit)

Heavily mutated is an understatement. I had to trade for the melee but I have a clean line with the health + 1 health mutation.

• Like 1

Ragnarok - Xbox Private Server

Hatched and raised 12 more Rex’s for bosses/OSD’s and threw them all in a cryofridge to cook for the next 3 weeks. I’m now up to 23 expendables with more planned on the way but with cleaner lines so I can start stacking mutations effectively. I do all of my breeding on Ragnarok, no matter the map because dinos only ever ask for the vanilla imprinting kibble that way ;) so really looking forward to the rework.

• Like 1