Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

Took the new frog out for a spin in the hard swamp cave, went in with 5 hyaenadons. Trip went well got about 8k cementing paste and loot including a new ascendant flak helm bp. Potteted about base for a bit. Tried to expand the base fridge and vault capacity a bit. Added more fridges above the current row. Experimenting with vault dropping to add a row of vaults above the current vaults but not a fan of the way it intersects the roof so more experimenting needed.

Decided to wing a solo gamma broodmother. Got 9 theris, 3 megatherium and my yuty together and went to blue ob. Gave each theri 2 veggie cakes just incase but they didnt need it. Went in to the boss arena and defeated the boss in about 2 to 3 minutes and got the 500 element. The theris took about 2k damage (think out of the 9 only 2 ate a veggie cake) and the megas apparantly didnt take much at all.

Then decided to slogg out the basilosaurus 3 hour maturation time and fully imprint a squad to take some into the water cave in the east. Bred up 4 including one with my preferred blue colours.  Got 3 to 94% and my prefered basil to 100%. Cryopoded them all up to get the boost to exp while offline.

Had a slight disaster while I was waiting for my whales to mature. Mucking around on my new managarmr near the volcano and boosted too high hitting the world barrier, insta killing my character. No death message, no record in the tribe log, just the respawn screen. Grabbed my tek suit and flew out to where I died. Found my mana but couldnt find my body, at least i didnt lose much gear.

• Like 2

I hit enough lampposts and feeded the Dust Gachas to Craft a new Tek Generator and 8 Tek Troughs.

Started to raise the Gigas one after another.

Started to farm blue OSD an 10k Vein with my Spino.

Someone left the game and i get 10 Velos, a Megatherium and a Level 120 Giga. Drastically increased Meat Gathering with the Giga. Now i could raise all Gigas the same time.

But 2 of my Gigas are done now. Better melee, so more Meat.

15th arrived and i transferred a few of my Aberration Dinos. Some of the 451 Melee Ankys, a few 414 Melee Spinos, a few Crabs and my Rock Drake Dutch. He is my Favorite. Now i can search peacefully the Map for OSD and Veins. Over the last Week i did a few 10k Veins and Blue OSD. I search with Dutch and use then my Fire Red Spino who is now at 18k HP and 600% Melee. With him it is easy to beat the corrupted. Most annoying part is searching for the last corrupted. They never find the OSD or Veins, stuck on everything. I helped a few times at 50k veins, but most of the time i look how the Titans beat all the corrupted.

Transferred my blue Body Ankylo and made a few Eggs with the Blue Horns Ankylo. I hope i get a full Blue Combination.

Traded on Ragnarok 2 fert. Vulture Eggs. I like them and now i can breed them.

Traded a few fert. Giga Eggs, i want more Colors and better Melee.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jay1077 said:

I hit enough lampposts and feeded the Dust Gachas to Craft a new Tek Generator and 8 Tek Troughs.

Started to raise the Gigas one after another.

Started to farm blue OSD an 10k Vein with my Spino.

Someone left the game and i get 10 Velos, a Megatherium and a Level 120 Giga. Drastically increased Meat Gathering with the Giga. Now i could raise all Gigas the same time.

But 2 of my Gigas are done now. Better melee, so more Meat.

15th arrived and i transferred a few of my Aberration Dinos. Some of the 451 Melee Ankys, a few 414 Melee Spinos, a few Crabs and my Rock Drake Dutch. He is my Favorite. Now i can search peacefully the Map for OSD and Veins. Over the last Week i did a few 10k Veins and Blue OSD. I search with Dutch and use then my Fire Red Spino who is now at 18k HP and 600% Melee. With him it is easy to beat the corrupted. Most annoying part is searching for the last corrupted. They never find the OSD or Veins, stuck on everything. I helped a few times at 50k veins, but most of the time i look how the Titans beat all the corrupted.

Transferred my blue Body Ankylo and made a few Eggs with the Blue Horns Ankylo. I hope i get a full Blue Combination.

Traded on Ragnarok 2 fert. Vulture Eggs. I like them and now i can breed them.

Traded a few fert. Giga Eggs, i want more Colors and better Melee.

Oh gods that blue text.  Like a Forum Troodon got me! Can't see... So dark... and they keep nibbling.. and nibbling.. arrgh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Rattasaur said:

Oh gods that blue text.  Like a Forum Troodon got me! Can't see... So dark... and they keep nibbling.. and nibbling.. arrgh!

Yeah its s bit much on the new forum format :P 

Last night got on for a few hours. We are running low on Poly so I fired up the obsidian gachas, did a few stone runs and some wood runs to start topping up the material vaults again after our saddle crafting weeks :P Did a big metal run then spotted an alpha carno outside the base. I usually use alphas to level tames a bit, so hopped on my velonsaur and had fun sniping the carno as it was stuck on a doed ! Accidently attacked an enraged megatherium and had to high tail it out of there.  

After I did that I decided I needed to do an upgrade to the bases storage capacity so I built a small extension and crafted 10 more vaults, this should keep our storage needs on point!

Just need to repaint them but im sure Saltire will do that :P 

• Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island.

Today was the day of underwater adventures. Took 3 of the new basilos out for a spin. Started in the Artifact of the Brute sea cave for levels. Easy going. Only thing I noticed is that the Basilo AI of the whales on follow didnt want to attack anything when taking depth damage but I made do. Then I looped round the island to the hard sea cave in the east for the Artifact of the Cunning. The cave went so much easily than expected, wasnt troubled at all. Hardest part was probably dealing with the level 160 alpha mosa. Didnt run into any squids or mosas. Got to the artifact and retreived 2 of them and made my way out the cave. 

Completed the loop round the island. Killed so many alpha megalodons, I was constantly crafting up element from the element  dust I was looting from them. Ran into two alpha mosas as well. Bit annoying taking them out, couldnt get the mosas to a depth for the following whales to attack them but I tanked them and took them out.

Finished of by dashing around the island on my managarmr, starting to get the hang of it bow. Messed with a titan, took about 20 minutes to kill it. Unfortunately I didnt have my chainsaw on me so I just left corpse to the wolves.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

After I did that I decided I needed to do an upgrade to the bases storage capacity so I built a small extension and crafted 10 more vaults, this should keep our storage needs on point!

Just need to repaint them but im sure Saltire will do that :P 

Love all the new vaults. Only just seen your comment but yes I did repaint them all, first thing I did when logged on. Cant cope with unpainted vaults need to all be colour coded. Just need to decide what goes in each. Also did a metal run so we're good for metal and some polymer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island.

Today was the day of underwater adventures. Took 3 of the new basilos out for a spin. Started in the Artifact of the Brute sea cave for levels. Easy going. Only thing I noticed is that the Basilo AI of the whales on follow didnt want to attack anything when taking depth damage but I made do. Then I looped round the island to the hard sea cave in the east for the Artifact of the Cunning. The cave went so much easily than expected, wasnt troubled at all. Hardest part was probably dealing with the level 160 alpha mosa. Didnt run into any squids or mosas. Got to the artifact and retreived 2 of them and made my way out the cave. 

Completed the loop round the island. Killed so many alpha megalodons, I was constantly crafting up element from the element  dust I was looting from them. Ran into two alpha mosas as well. Bit annoying taking them out, couldnt get the mosas to a depth for the following whales to attack them but I tanked them and took them out.

Finished of by dashing around the island on my managarmr, starting to get the hang of it bow. Messed with a titan, took about 20 minutes to kill it. Unfortunately I didnt have my chainsaw on me so I just left corpse to the wolves.

Love all the new vaults. Only just seen your comment but yes I did repaint them all, first thing I did when logged on. Cant cope with unpainted vaults need to all be colour coded. Just need to decide what goes in each. Also did a metal run so we're good for metal and some polymer.

Figured as much :P I named a few but theres like 5 empty ones, we dont need raw mat storage (wood stone etc) since its all outside.

Tbh I kind of banked on you having OCD kick in to paint the vaults hahaha

I play on The Island on unofficial. Yesterday, I decided it was time to get our tribe a second Tapejara. Our first one was tamed by a [now inactive] tribe member, and is fairly high-level (in the 90's now, IIRC). So, I get the necessary supplies together: ghillie suit, allosaur kibble, narcotics, tranq darts, bola, etc. Then hop on an argent and start flying around areas where I've seen them previously (north side of the Redwoods, and the forest just to the east).

Well, every time I spotted one, it was either VERY low-level (e.g. 2 to 6), and/or got spooked by some other wild creature and flew off and out of sight before I could even attempt to capture it (I'm looking at you, Level-40!!!).

I caught a couple of them as the day progressed, only to have them killed by wild dinos (a measly dilo in one case, a Rex in the second) before taming was done.

Finally, was able to KO a level 13 in the eastern forest... protected it by building a ring of wooden spike walls all the way around it. And still, a Bronto and a GachaClaus (yes, event's still running on our server) managed to step or crawl over the spike wall! But at least they were harmless, and nothing aggressive bothered us.

So, I got the Tapa fully tamed and led it back to base. Only a level 19 after taming, but at that point, I'll take what I can get!

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

We are slowly and secretly building back up after our recent wiping by passive killing sycophants. Ended up taming a low level argie and anky so we now have two birds so we aren't stranded in case we drop out on one while out and about and can do metal and obsidian runs to lava island. Also tamed up a low level purlovia. This got a bit hairy a few times as the alpha is built in the red woods and the amount of carnos, terror birds, micros and crazy sloths that tried to murder my bird was hectic. Wont be making the mistake of storing our good stuff in a vault in the base again, purlovia is a much safer option. Once established we will have some 1x1 and vaults scattered with back up gear and metal base inside. 

• Like 3

PC with daughter – the big crash.. Exiting game, PC turned off, loaded back up and no character available. So rolled back 3 hours and all was fine. Put the settings as they should be, but I’d left singleplayer setting ticked when I rebooted. My level 95 character jumped to level 105. Daughter’s 72 jumped to 99. Figured out what I’d done so turned singleplayer settings back to 95. Played for another day and then realised that although my level was back to 95, my XP was at a 105 level, so I hadn’t fixed it. Done a lot in thatday including a couple of high level tame, so decided not to roll back again. Booted up with single player settings, spent my level points and then changed it back again. Weird how the dinos that had levelled up in doing this lost their XP, but I didn’t.

Whilst all this was going on I was practicing messing around with singleplayer map transfers so spawned in an S+ tek transmitter. Turned hibernation off and did a dino scan. No intention to use this function until I’ve beat alpha dragon,but I was curious as to what was out there. 7 level 145 Thylos on the island, and 10 level 140s… what! All I ever see is level 10! Sure I’ve got some great breeding stock on PS4, but we got those on Rag.

So jumped onto PS4 with mates as we’re on the island too right now and we took our gigas to the redwoods. Combo of hide run and Thylo hunting. After disposing of many Thylos all less then level 40, there it was in all it’s glory, a level 150. Got a stupidly OP 700% damage longneck but I wanted to trap it with a bear trap as a bit of practice for PC with daughter. Set up a U shape of pillar with the bear trap in the middle and aggroed the Thylo. It was heading toward the trap when a Dilo appeared from out of thin air and went into the trap. Thylo did a runner so I just had to take it down in the open. Decent stats, but not an improvement on what we have. Still, good to know they exist on the Island.

Jumped back on PC and tamed a couple of high level Sabers on Carno. Got a good health roll on one, and a beastly melee roll on another. So, breeding now until the weekend and will take my daughter to her first cave then. Chitin cave, should be easy enough for her, as long as there’s no Megasoreass in there.

• Like 2

Started by doing a few metal and obsidian runs to beef up our stocks, ran the gachas while I imprinted a Managmar. Man those things are crazy!

Made some extra tek armour pieces and random stuff around the base

After I started building some tek pieces with the metal I farmed for a future project and made a Tek behe gate to throw on the breeding barn,extended the barn 2 or 3 rows out to accomadate the gate without crowding the barn and called it a night shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

Lost a MC blueprint Desert Shirt when the Xbox servers went belly up...

OMG they actually exist !? I mean I know they do but still, never seen one... Lol

Tbf was it the xbox servers going down or was it when the entirety of xbox live just giving out ?  But anyway that sucks :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

OMG they actually exist !? I mean I know they do but still, never seen one... Lol

Tbf was it the xbox servers going down or was it when the entirety of xbox live just giving out ?  But anyway that sucks :(

Yeah i did some research last time we mentioned it here and only rare drops in some drops (green i believe it said) on SE or better quality from SE cave lootboxes :( 

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island 

Started of with a cementing paste run in hard swamp cave with my frog and pack of hyaenadons. No issues, although one arthro did get a hit on me ruining one of my gasmasks. No good loot, red loot drop spawned twice on me and yet only gave me bps for gun attachments and premade electric cables....

Then did a loop around some of the caves with my baryoynx and otter to stock up on artifacts. Started of with the Pack, then on to the Massive, the Devourer and then the Clever. Hate doing the lava cave now, panic everytime I get near the lava.

Did a metal run on blue ob mountain and obs mountain, cant keep up with the tribes metal consumption lol. Then finished of by fooling around with the managarmr again, great fun.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Yeah i did some research last time we mentioned it here and only rare drops in some drops (green i believe it said) on SE or better quality from SE cave lootboxes :( 

I remeber you telling me this when we talked about it. One of these days lol

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Like always in last days i first jump to the SE server, i call to my Sniper and we go to Scar with Milk mission.  Nothing new, Sniper at position, lure target to cage and we back in glory with milk. :D Mission completed, babies are fine again. 

And my bad day started at AB. Bravely explored rock drakes nests, got some low lvl eggs, not bad maybe they be usefull after kibble rework for basilisk/titanboa taming. :) Venom hunting, sometimes i think those Master Rockwell minions drop less venom than before, or that was just bad luck. Got some, transferred and try jump to IS, nope you can't xd after logged in venom nearly spoiled. No problem, hunted again.   :)

Unfreezed some of babies and after that update message poped out. Trader become online in meantime and we meet after update. Have 2 new tek quetz eggs. :D

Becomed a bit nervous when i back and noticed dead of 3 young megatheriums. :( Also young friend start asking about something... Rage  +10

After resuplled venom and milk stock i crafted some cryopods and cryofridge, breed Velos so maybe we can maje a little test with Dragon at weekend, go to meat run and log out after that. :D Later i noticed that forgot put ele into generator... Have hope it will run until i back today. 

I start thinking how my pyramid will look with greenhouse sloped ceilings. xd Lol, transparent flying pyramid...

That was fast and a bit nervous day with some DC. Like always i did everything and nothing. :)

• Like 1

I logged on the last couple of nights and continued my Ptera line but with no further stat rewards... I will keep on hatching and hope to get some luck even though I seem to have accidentally killed off a nice clean food statted Ptera in the past month or so as its missing and would have helped move my clean line along a little.

My Giga is now at 60% with 58% imprint so its slowly getting there - these things take ages when you have a 9-5 job and a family to entertain. 

Started on a fresh line of Allos - hatched out at 231 and have a 221 with 2 new stats to add into it. Hopefully by the weekend Ill be hatching at 250 which will be nice... Im going to make a nice taming trap over the river so I can trap and tame some more.

Tappy line is absolutely weak even though Im sure we have some nice stats in there but they are only hatching out at 219 so I am literally getting one good stat and then all the bad ones with it :(

Other than that, I have fed, bred, incubated, hatched possibly 30 eggs in 2 days.

I will try again tonight to see if I can progress :)

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Didn't really get up to too much tonight. Did a metal and obsidian farm to patch up the base walls and ceiling and build another fabricator, generators etc. Farmed more bullets to put in my remaining turrets and repositioned them strategically to cover the blind spots l2ft by the turrets which were blown up. I really want to aim for boss fights though in small tribes this will be very difficult. I think the next move is to acquire suitable cryfridge and pods to hide the dinos when not online. Probably hide the pods in the purlovia and recharge in the fridge. Ill have to jump onto some extinction servers and raid some bases, this will be risky with the high amount of drop outs in extinction but see how we go. 

• Like 1