So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Finally finished a house for breeding and raising animals. Put giga and quetzals eggs to incubate. Must not forget to check them from time to time. Still lots of work to finalize the house and make it perfect, but it is good enough just to start with few animals.

Also, never thought metal runs could be such a pain. The rates were at x0.5 in the beginning after all. But I think I'm just spoiled with x2.

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

A nice quiet evening breeding. Started my managarmr breeding project. Boarded up the front of the breeding barn temporally to keep the baby manas from escaping. Trying to get all the good stats from the male into a female while merging all the colours. Got a good female with some of the stats that will do for the next generation, shall breed that with the wild male another evening, gotta love imbreeding lol.  

Also raised up some boss megatheriums, raised and imprinted 5 with the help of the procoptodon. Didnt mean to raise that many tonight but I forgot to turn thr breeders off wander. Also bred up the procoptodon to get another female to help with multiple imprints.

Went on the usual metal run and then went on a wander with the giga. Found a titan just south of green obs, so killed it and harvested it the for the hide. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

I found a level 112 Argent and kited it up to the top of the volcano with my Ptero. The combination of Argent talons, hyperthermia, and dehydration almost killed me, but I managed to knock him out with tranq arrows from a prim crossbow. I had to tame him with regular meat unfortunately, as my prime meat spoiled, but I still got 98% efficiency (I play singleplayer woth boosted settings). Feeling pretty happy about it, not every day I get a 167 Argent.

• Like 1

Just a short one today, got on last night for awhile and went to extinction to farm up some dust, made my 2nd ascendant enforcer bp.

After that crafted up a few tek turrets, tek pieces and a Tek Clone chamber. Because the tek chamber is HUGE (1.5 bwhe gate high) I just placed it in our yard with tek turrets around it (only has 7000 hp for such a huge expensive object) 

First thing I did was clone a crab :) Made like 40k shards so Saltire and I can clone anything we desire :D 

Continued with the managrmr and megatherium breeding. Not much luck with the manas, got another female with the colours so I can speed up breeding a bit with two females. Raised 2 more boss megatheriums. Did a quick cave run for an Artifact of the Clever. Would like to try a solo run at the gamma broodmother soon. Need to breed up a frog to help farm cementing paste to build these megatherium saddles though.

Edited by AngrySaltire

49 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Continued with the managrmr and megatherium breeding. Not much luck with the manas, got another female with the colours so I can speed up breeding a bit with two females. Raised 2 more boss megatheriums. Did a quick cave run for an Artifact of the Clever. Would like to try a solo run at the gamma broodmother soon. Need to breed up a frog to help farm cementing paste to build these megatherium saddles though.

Best frog partners are my swamp cave frog and the male at the water base, if you want an optimized pair. The saddles take quite a bit :( Each full cave run will yield only enough to do 3 saddles (if you do the entire cave on a frog) otherwise 2 if you do it the safe way (frog at start, mega in other rooms then frog at 2nd passage through mega for red drops) 

• Thanks 1

I tamed a 145 Giga that I've had my eye on for a while.

I used the metal gateframe method since I'm all by myself. First run I didn't get the final gate placed right and she got out. (Almost lost my argy!) Second time I was prepared for her to pop out, so she didn't bite me when she did. I decided to relocate my trap to flatter ground hoping that would help, but then I had to keep running her in because she kept coming in crooked and missing the trap.
After several tries, I got her in and was shooting her with tranqs, and the SERVER CRASHED. When I got back on, it had reset back to before I trapped her, so I had to do it all again. Such a mess, but I got her!

I named her Bertha.

• Like 3

Muddled around the base a bit today, found a Velonsaur egg in my fridge so I hatched it, put a few imprints on it and went for a fun run. I like these, id like to get one fully leveled. 

Uncryo'd my newest enforcer to take it for a run, my previous MC one I made has been dubbed a speed one (if you havent.. make a speed Enforcer.. wow.).but even as a hlvl craft came out with 1.2k hp.. they are extremely squishy so my new one I leveled mostly hp, some weight stam and a little speed

Went for a run about and my first pack.of raptors I encountered almost killed the enforcer. Hightailed it back to base with 100 hp left, recryo'd and set in fridge.

Cloned one of my 150 griffins, forgot it had real nice stats! Had to go so logged off for awhile.

Got on later and went on a swamp cave run, got some paste and a few nice blueprints: 150 arm theriz saddle bp (lol 3 nice ones now) 85~ arm MC Hyena meatpack bp and a few random assorteds. 

Logged off for the night

• Like 3

The Center Small Tribes Xbox 

Wife and I logged in to find our base had been raided, all turrets destroyed and all tames slaughtered by a mana. Tribe called sif/ill/us or something equally as teenage like. So three weeks is the new record it seems. 

Such a shame because we had achieved a lot for a two person team in such a short period of time. Just now contemplating whether to start a new somewhere, recruit others in a different time zone or just have a prolonged absence and enjoy not playing for a bit. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Snipsnip said:

Wife and I logged in to find our base had been raided, all turrets destroyed and all tames slaughtered by a mana. Tribe called sif/ill/us or something equally as teenage like. So three weeks is the new record it seems. 

Such a shame because we had achieved a lot for a two person team in such a short period of time. Just now contemplating whether to start a new somewhere, recruit others in a different time zone or just have a prolonged absence and enjoy not playing for a bit. 

Dont let it defeat you guys! I enjoyed your stories. Maybe its time for some revenge ops against this childish tribe? Someone around here has to play the same cluster and can supply you with some stuff to get on your feet!  

Continued the managrmr breeding project, now that I have two breeding part stats females hopefully itll speed up the process a bit. Struck gold on the first batch. The first popped out the perfect stats white male, while the second popped out the perfect stats white and red female, so I now have my final breeders. This means I can now breed up personal use manas and have an option of colours, could be tommorows plan and means I can open up the breeding barn again. 

While I waited for the manas to mature I bred up some beelzebufo for swamp cave runs. I kidnapped d1nks frog at the swamp cave out post and also the other one at the waterbase. Bred up a three eggs at the waterbase in the makeshift pen, never bred frogs before so it was a new experience. Noticed the first had a mutation but it was only a food stat mut by the look of it. Fully imprinted all three and returned the orginal frogs to where they belonged, shhhhhh d1nk'll never know. Crafted up three ascendant saddles and cryopoded 2 of the frogs for safe keeping. As the new managrmr breeders had finished maturing I nuked the two mid stats breeding females with my lightning wyvern and kept the wild tames cryoed for safekeeping. 

Finished off by converting alot of the chitin we have stored in a vault into cementing paste, ate a mindwipe tonic to respec into crafting skill and crafted three ascendant megatherium saddles. Now I need to go on a cementing paste run at somepoint for more of those saddles lol.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Dont let it defeat you guys! I enjoyed your stories. Maybe its time for some revenge ops against this childish tribe? Someone around here has to play the same cluster and can supply you with some stuff to get on your feet!  

Thanks mate that's a good idea maybe a bit of guerilla warfare is in order 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Missed a giga egg. Didn't even find a body. Sad, because it was not from my gigas, but I can get a new one when my ally's female is ready again. Started breeding tons of animals. This does excite me a lot, but also terrifies me because I know how much I need to do in order to extract 5 different stats and like 3 colours from a pack of 6 dinos into one or two. Started breeding otters, they're the most adorable things!

Last but not least, my ally paid me a visit with his op wolfie, and now I have 18 females pregnant. Expecting it to be really hectic in like 40 min. Hope none will die. All hail cryopods and daeodon's ability to heal.

• Like 2

So was going to just let everything we had uploaded to the obelisk decay and take an extended break from ark after recently being wiped. After pondering on it throughout the day though I couldn't just let it decay. I had to get back to our base but the only tame I had left was a crypod argie with no saddle so ran around on blue island for over an hour gathering enough chitin for an argie saddle. Ended up grabbing my left over c4 from the obelisk and blowing into bases to try and find some. Unfortunately after expending all my c4 i had a massive amount of gunpowder I'd robbed and about 20 chitin. At this point the decay timers had about an hour left so all i could do was kill as many bugs as possible. Ended up getting it sorted with half an hour to spare after originally having over two hours. 

Flew to the base and discovered we actually have quite a few turrets still up so I hid all our gear and logged. I think we'll probably end up taking a few nights off and should then come back to the game with a fresh perspective, just hoping my bed is still there when I do. Cant get to our location without a flyer. 

• Like 2

The night started off slow, just slummin around the base, grabbed some drops while letting the gachas work, nabbed a 117 arm baryonyx saddle BP! Well.. gotta make that now! Went about organizing the mats, hatched some Megas for future bosses and gathered the mats into the replicator. I had enough for two saddles and a megatherium saddle (sorry Hide!)

Went to make some mindwipes, made more narcs, stims, cakes, made a couple thousand paste from chitin then mindwiped and crafted. All 3 saddles got good % and popped a bary saddle into Saltires vault, we were right out of paste now so i did a large swamp cave run, also got to level the new mega for bosses.

Got back with 8k paste and a few goodies. Decided I was going to restock artifacts for Brood, had a thought earlier in the day and planned to execute it; Transmitters at the pain artifacts. Crafted two transmitters then went on a huge metal run, filled both forges right up.

After that went and ran the Hunter, placed a transmitter, vault and bed down there for easy bed-run artifacts (works like a charm btw) Only problem.is  I placed the trans poorly by accident and no pick up :( Oh well. Still.works

Nabbed 3 artifacts, also a couple clever and devourer. Got my tames together and threw them at blue, loaded up 10 theri with 5 megas and a yuty and slammed out gamma brood, easy (as expected) (btw saltire - 500 element)

Did another Hunter run and then decided to kill brood again, for fun. Did that then loaded up more and knocked out Easy ape just for the trophy. All were easily doable, I could probably get away with only yuty + 5 mega ans a few theriz for farming easy brood. Brought a velonsaur on turret mode for all bosses, just cause :P 

Got back and made a whack of poly, and a few pieces of tek. Gathered up some tames and items and went to Extinction. Decided to find some OSD,want those quality tek bps.. Flew the wastelands on my owl for hours... not a single osd or vein spotted then called it a night.

I believe alpha brood is in order this weekend, all our megas plus 9 or 10 theriz should do it.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, d1nk said:

The night started off slow, just slummin around the base, grabbed some drops while letting the gachas work, nabbed a 117 arm baryonyx saddle BP! Well.. gotta make that now! Went about organizing the mats, hatched some Megas for future bosses and gathered the mats into the replicator. I had enough for two saddles and a megatherium saddle (sorry Hide!)

Went to make some mindwipes, made more narcs, stims, cakes, made a couple thousand paste from chitin then mindwiped and crafted. All 3 saddles got good % and popped a bary saddle into Saltires vault, we were right out of paste now so i did a large swamp cave run, also got to level the new mega for bosses.

Got back with 8k paste and a few goodies. Decided I was going to restock artifacts for Brood, had a thought earlier in the day and planned to execute it; Transmitters at the pain artifacts. Crafted two transmitters then went on a huge metal run, filled both forges right up.

After that went and ran the Hunter, placed a transmitter, vault and bed down there for easy bed-run artifacts (works like a charm btw) Only problem.is  I placed the trans poorly by accident and no pick up :( Oh well. Still.works

Nabbed 3 artifacts, also a couple clever and devourer. Got my tames together and threw them at blue, loaded up 10 theri with 5 megas and a yuty and slammed out gamma brood, easy (as expected) (btw saltire - 500 element)

Did another Hunter run and then decided to kill brood again, for fun. Did that then loaded up more and knocked out Easy ape just for the trophy. All were easily doable, I could probably get away with only yuty + 5 mega ans a few theriz for farming easy brood. Brought a velonsaur on turret mode for all bosses, just cause :P 

Got back and made a whack of poly, and a few pieces of tek. Gathered up some tames and items and went to Extinction. Decided to find some OSD,want those quality tek bps.. Flew the wastelands on my owl for hours... not a single osd or vein spotted then called it a night.

I believe alpha brood is in order this weekend, all our megas plus 9 or 10 theriz should do it.

Thanks for the bary saddle ! Will be good for my cave bary :) Sounds like youve been busy. 

lol you beat me to soloing the gamma brood. I shall try the same when I mcraft up a few more saddles. Guess I should start preping for the alpha run.

Should team up on Extinction to do a red OSD drop at some point !