Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

19 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I hear ya!  Being underwater in ARK always gives me the willies!  I'm not afraid of water in real life, but in ARK I am always freaking out. Grrrrrrrrr

It's odd - I have no issues with water IRL or in ARK however when I first started playing ARK I found myself edging my chair back away from the desk when trying to tame my first shark as it approached to bite me.  My wife found it highly amusing watching me back away from a game shark IRL reassuring me "Its a game, it can't actually get ya!"

Anyway - ARK.  I didn't do much last night.  Logged into our Ragnarok server, filled some troughs and went into spectate mode to survey they map and work out scales for my own map.  I failed miserably with my own and reached the terrain level height restriction whilst attempting to shape out my volcano.

Thought maybe the best bet would be to see how they manage the various heights in Ragnarok - ie. the Canyon and Volcano.  Turns out my volcano isn't much bigger than that of Ragnarok.. and the canyons of Ragnarok are nothing but rocks over a flat-ish landscape to get the varying heights.

Will take what I learned last night and re-visit my map design this evening after work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JuicyPineappl3 said:

tamed replacement ptera and accidentally fed myself 10 narcotics instead of the ptera and because of this fell asleep for what felt like years.

At least I'm not the only one lol

Unofficial ragnarok 

Kinda a rough day , went bear hunting again and idk why I dont just bring some dino gates a protecc my bear while taming because once again my plan was screwed up by wild dino lol. First a tek rex so I lost some levels , then 2 sets of scorpions..now hes at 12% and not much life left so I can restart the bear . So I roasted it lol

Messed around with spinos for a bit, didnt like any of the levels saw a few gorgeous ones but trash levels , so I dino wiped the area cause john wick was hungry 

Then went allo hunting,  found the most beautiful female allo , orange red and purple such a sick combo.  But a raptor tried to catch me on the slip I bolad her just in time,  usually a raptor only takes a few tranqs so a bola works fine....unless it's a level 240 , homegirl tried to swim on me . Had to lure her on water by walking on foot waiting for bola #2 she fell for it and I kibble tamed her at 98% making her 340 , my second strongest raptor now , back to ms allo she been starving this whole time, so when I filled her up with primes she bounced to 80% in a minute, brought her home at 321 

Now my allo breeding has begun lol

• Like 1

Xbox - Single Player - The Island

Decided I needed a change of pace on Ark the past few days from the breeding and the grinding on the online server of Rag and Aberration, so I wiped and started again on single player. Wamted to experience the island again.

So I spawned in on the south eastern shores (funnily enough where I first ever started) and ground up the levels till I hit the raft engram. Wanted to get out to Herb Island to work up to a few teirs including getting to metal tools. Took the raft and made a beeline for the island. Predictably a leeds targeted me but it somehow missed its one chance and I got to the Island. The rafts stuck there now as theres a leeds and an alpha leeds hanging around lol.

So I threw down a base, tamed up a parasaur and trike and worked on getting narcs and metal tools together. Eventually tamed up a pterandon and got a saddle on it. Funny story, killed an anky for keratin l and I turned round to fin my self face to face with a unicorn stuck between two rocks. Need to come back for that at some point. Also tek parasaurs everywhere, thought they were supposed to be rare, common as muck lol

Took the ptera out on a scouting mission for a good base location. I am so indecisive about these things, so spent ages convincing myself about different areas to settle down in. Eventually settle down on the west coast ontop of one of the main hills overlooking towards the north and blue ob. Got a 3x3 base down and kitted out the essentials. Had to do a metal run on the ptera for metal for a new smithy and a supppy of metal to keep my equipment topped up. Tamed up a new trike and a couple of dilos including an event blue one, for the new base. Not getting the dinos I tamed up on herb island to the new location anytime soon, with the leeds hanging around and no ability to upload and download at beacons.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Unofficial ragnarok,  

Was a pretty quiet night,  made a few trades and stocked up on ammo and tranq . Lined up 2 more trades for a mutated thyla and a Griffin that'll be sick

Then I found where megalania spawn, man they're jerks ! Either they die cause of the low health but once you do put em out the torpor drain is absolutely ridiculous and it took soooo much narco . But I named him ralphie and hes at lvl 355 , using ralphie to tranq rexies from the side of a cliff is gonna be fun lol

52 minutes ago, JuicyPineappl3 said:

I want to tame a thyla and I'm wondering if there's anything I should consider bringing besides a couple rexes for protection and dino gates to protect the thyla because I tried it and carnos started falling off the cliff and ate the thyla.

An Argentavis so you can pick it and fly it to a safer location before you KO to tame?

• Like 1

Logged in, checked dino's  and went metal grinding to find someone had beaten me to my main mining place. Returned, mined some local metal and logged off.

Tonight... will hopefully get some metal mined, feed a few things and try and whip up some banter on the server... Im the usual one who starts the conversations server wide.

I have some 135+ tamed therezinos on my ragnarok server. They were used previously for breeding top dinos. I need elem for my tek gen soon, so I decided to do gamma boss with them. 

So i took 1 yuty, 15 theriz with 5 cakes each, 2 boss rexes and 2 tamed tek rexes.

Killed boss, but there was no element at all in any dino. Theriz were full health, they spent only 2-3 cakes each. Boss Rexes were almost dead oO

I decided to repeat next morning.

Started boss fight and found that all my whistles keys were not working. Almost died from dimorfs and pteras, but managed to change settings for whistles.

Killed boss at the end and got tek elems this time. Surprisingly all tamed sh*tty therezinos did better in fight than boss rexes and tek rexes. Rexes were died because got extra flame damage from dragon when i was changing settings, and also they stuck in golems. Theriz used 3-4 cakes and were on full health Oo.

Edited by BlackMambaM

Recently unfroze my servers and returned to this game with my wife. I noticed when I was on my wife's One S, that the game seems to run worse than on my original Xbox One. 

Checked settings and all were the same. Any other Xbox users have this issue? Google search produced squat. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Aushegun said:

Thanks .... Since I don't have any water dinos yet, I was only venturing just a bit off shore, as it was too risky to swim any farther without any protection or scuba.

The Wiki showed a few oil nodes in the bay of the Tropical Island South on the far east side of the map. (This is the island I spawned on, and am currently based on)

But after venturing into that bay 3-4 times, I've yet to see an Oil node.  I have not swum all the way across it, due to sharks. But I have explored the bay from many sides with no luck.

Once I get a shark, I'll be able to explore much better and I'm sure I'll find some.

the water under the floating island spawns basilos and you can harvest tons of oil from killing them (could also tame some and get oil passively)

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Eds11 said:

debating whether to tame a quid or mosa next weekend since its pain on 1x after that ill spend my time traveling and exploring the oceans of ark

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, OceanCrazy said:

Tame the Mosa first and enjoy the ocean.

No way! Squid first for the win! outclasses mosa in every capacity except for speed

23 hours ago, Eds11 said:

so its better to tame mosa better my end game is to be able to farm squid for black pearls and tentacles

squids can grab mosas but not other squids. So if you're going to farm squid I'd recommend again, squid. Also I'm not sure what map you're on but on rag go to Viking bay with your squid and wipe out those eurypterids. You'll get hella black pearls

Hi all,

Really struggling with ARK just now, everything seems so stale... my servers are capped but there is noone really talking - figure that out! 

Anyway, Im not water expert but I tend to use Basis in the ocean as they cant be stunned or grabbed. Where people say use a squid or a Mosa, I tend to disagree as being grabbed by a squid or shocked by eels and jellies is way too much of a hassle. Basis lose hp as they dive deep but they have such a high health pool it really doesnt matter. They can withstand some nasty predators i.e. a good levelled and bred Basi can slowly get to the surface when a 145 A Mosa is ripping into you. You wont kill it and wont outrun it but you can get back from the lowest depths to the surface where he will turn and swim back down without dying. 

For ease and safety, just get a Basi for the sea :)

Anyway, still just harvesting metal at the moment just to help the tribemate extend our main base facility. Other than that, I will try and hatch a dino tomorrow night if I can get a little luck with the tame cap.

Hope you are all doing ok

• Like 1

walked into a random narco trap woke up to a pack of allos that started to chase me had to jump off a cliff fell broke bones and started a very very long trek across the map to my base luckily I tamed a raptor on they way made a found a saddle from an already raided base and ran all the way back home like the last little piggy

Unofficial ragnarok-

Another chill night lol, mainly just restocking and a small mish to the mountains , after feeding and stocking up on narco I decided I need to get a war pig line started 

Found one on my islands mountain a event white and red,  she was a pain in the butt tho . Refused to go in the trap even when I lured her in she was like naww imma attack your wyvern . After a few bolas and a game of tag lol I down her . While guarding her in starve mode I got jumped by a lvl 240 yuti and his high level carnos ...and killed them all with a bite and one fire blast...john wick dont play . A pack of wolves thought they were slick too but I tranqd one and ate his pack

So I brought the dao home at 321 and named her strawburrah and the lavender wolf at 333 named him ryo after my moms dog and my wolf hoarding starts again lol

Edited by Ninjasharrk
  • Like 1

Xbox - Single Player - The Island.

Ended up moving camp to one of my alternative base locations, I just wasnt happy with the location I had chosen. Am now on the cliffs just north of the bay area north of red ob. Definitely more to my liking... atm anyway lol. Got down a basic 3x3 (again lol). Did a bit of scouting about for tames. Tamed up a couple of raptors including a 135 and also a really nice 145 flame red/orange parasuar for its turret mode. I really need to tame some utility dinos such as a doed and a beaver, might even just bypass the beaver and go for a theri, with the rates on the server a berry tame isnt too bad. So I got down a raft and crafted up my usual stone taming raft. Only thing is I really need to be careful of the leeds since they spawn on the map (cant remove on single player). Stocked up on supplies and set sail.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Only thing is I really need to be careful of the leeds since they spawn on the map (cant remove on single player). Stocked up on supplies and set sail.

Skip the beaver bro , and as long as you stay close to the shore you should be okay I remember making raft missions to the arctic from my beach base it is possible just dont stray too far out 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

Skip the beaver bro , and as long as you stay close to the shore you should be okay I remember making raft missions to the arctic from my beach base it is possible just dont stray too far out 

Yeah I'll skip the beaver especially if I can find a half decent theri :) . Dont worry, I hug the shore like my life depends on it haha

10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah I'll skip the beaver especially if I can find a half decent theri :) . Dont worry, I hug the shore like my life depends on it haha

Lmao that being said it has happened to me pretty close to the beach,  home had a shark with him my day quickly turned into that the shallows movie , then I got killed by a carno on shore good times lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anarki said:

Hi all,

Really struggling with ARK just now, everything seems so stale... my servers are capped but there is noone really talking - figure that out! 

Anyway, Im not water expert but I tend to use Basis in the ocean as they cant be stunned or grabbed. Where people say use a squid or a Mosa, I tend to disagree as being grabbed by a squid or shocked by eels and jellies is way too much of a hassle. Basis lose hp as they dive deep but they have such a high health pool it really doesnt matter. They can withstand some nasty predators i.e. a good levelled and bred Basi can slowly get to the surface when a 145 A Mosa is ripping into you. You wont kill it and wont outrun it but you can get back from the lowest depths to the surface where he will turn and swim back down without dying. 

For ease and safety, just get a Basi for the sea :)

Anyway, still just harvesting metal at the moment just to help the tribemate extend our main base facility. Other than that, I will try and hatch a dino tomorrow night if I can get a little luck with the tame cap.

Hope you are all doing ok

squid can't be grabbed by other squid either, and also have no problems dealing with jellies. Plus no need to run away as a tamed squid can down anything in the ocean including alpha mosa / alpha squid; and when they're hurt you can grab and attack which gives a vampire effect and heals you quickly