Jump to content

Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

 

Started of by collecting up the last of the resources need to craft up a motorboat. Had to take the bary out to collect the black pearls of the west coast but had the rest of the resources. So I crafted up the boat and took it out to the coast. Launched H.M.S Its A Trap II, and as the name implies it shall be my next taming raft, an upgrade from the stone one I made ages ago. Plan is to make it completely out of metal. All I need to do now is build on the raft but not tonight.

Went on the hunt for a high level male spino and a high level rex but no luck again. Was even on the look out for a female oviraptor for kibble but all I could find was males. Did find a level 162 tek raptor so tamed that up to go with the lower level one. Love the red and golden colours on it.

rps20180825_220708.thumb.jpg.b916d5d6ab4fc25a39ecbd5420add6d5.jpg

 

Also found what I think is an event level 135 griffin near my griffin trap, so I tamed it up. Again the highlands seemed devoid of ovis so I had to resort to prime meat tame it. Its the second time the highlands has failed me recently for ovis. After taking it back to base for a better look I still cant tell if the griffins a natural colour or not. The more I look at it the more it looks like a natural colour, doesnt seem very red lol

rps20180825_220743.thumb.jpg.c2a49716d9b1f2458060862009c4c6d9.jpg

The golden coloured wing backs and back is a natural colour. The white underbelly might be event coloured. I caught a red bellyed 145 last night and even that one barely can tell its event coloured

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started off the day yesterday by hatching all my gen 3 Theriz eggs and getting a few new additions: A stamina mutation raising it to 249, another colour mutation without a stat it seems. A pink body with the highest level yet, 251. Also got a mating pair of guaranteed all stats with the original weight mut included. Ill keep my muts seperate for now ( besides the blue weight one engrained into the line) until I feel like working in the useful ones and or when I tame some better stats.

Farmed a bunch of metal, obsidian and CP for hours. Made up 7 vaults to finish my main base interior and premade a metal griff storage / turret box for the Scar. I plan to kill off the low level males and undesirable ones in hopes of getting more event coloured Wyverns about. Got distracted on the way there by a 145, 135 black & white and a 150 white spinos. Ended up taming the 150 white spine one then headed back.

 

Went to the scar and placed my outpost, then hit every nest. Every one despawned including a real nice 185 lightning egg :( Killed a few wyvs with my griffin then after about an hour went back. Still no eggs spawned so I had to lure a few wyverns into the trench and logged.

 

The next morning i went in and snagged a 160 poison egg. It didnt even despawn! Went back and grabbed a Ptera, tried to get some milk. Big cluster mess, after knocking it out, grabbing milk and throwing it in Ptera I forgot their short torpor drain and the wyv got out. Wrecked my ptera, almost killed my griffin and killed me twice. I lost the milk so Inwent home to lick my wounds and tame up some proper high lvl pteras for better milk runs.

 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, d1nk said:

The golden coloured wing backs and back is a natural colour. The white underbelly might be event coloured. I caught a red bellyed 145 last night and even that one barely can tell its event coloured

Yeah, thats the conclusion I came to too. Ah well at least I have 2 spare griffins now lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been busy with work all week so I haven't had much time in ARK other than to keep everything fed. I did manage to go out wyvern egg hunting with two clan-mates Friday. Had a great time with a few disasters but we managed to get a trio of eggs. One took home a 85 lightning wyvern egg, the other got a 175 lightning wyvern egg and I took the consolation prize of a 20 poison wyvern egg. I figured I already had one wyvern so I'd take the weakest one. Turns out they're both jealous now of this guy. I named him Anthrax.

 1329033219_Anthrax1.thumb.jpg.11732e97d43609858ed6e7a54aa6fae7.jpg

Edited by Kimodo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PC Unofficial The Island

Oh my god. So yesterday me and my friend felt we were ready for the Beta Broodmother. We had 9 sloths, one of them with a primitive saddle. 8 or 9 rexes, one had a ramshackle saddle. It's partially our fault, because we have the upgrade station mod but just didn't want to spend our resources upgrading them. We certainly paid the price.

So we were a little nervous, but not really. It was just the medium, it couldn't be much harder than gamma, right? We had a bad start even before we teleported, because my friend wanted to ride the Yuty, and the pig was dead so I had no idea who to ride. As soon as we teleported, I whistled attack on the Broodmother and everyone rushed her. Feeling confindent, I just ran around on the ground opening fire on the boss with my 250% dmg ascendant assault rifle. It only did 59 damage per hit, so it wasn't that effective. About 20 seconds in, our weakest rex died. He was level 75 when he was tamed, so it wasn't a big deal. 5 seconds later, our weakest sloth died. Also no big deal. Maybe 10 seconds later, one rex and 2 sloths died at the same time. For the next 10 or so seconds it was a complete slaughter.

Rex after sloth was just being destroyed. Then, all that was left were Pie, our strongest rex who had the saddle, Fury, our first sloth with 60k health, and Tickles( with the saddle), the first sloth we bred and imprinted. I leveled him myself on Dead Island to 54k health and 1680% dmg. Because I was on foot, I kept being attacked by level 750 araneo (playing with 225 max level), so I ended up probably using about a quarter of my 224 AR rounds on the spiders. I also ran out of bullets on one particular spider and having to use my pike to poke him to death. Also, because we didn't have stimberries or stimulants, the poisonous attacks of the spiders almost knocked me out! I was on around 40 torpor and counting by the time the bushes in the arena gave me some stimberries. Luckily there was also water in the arena, so I didn't have to worry about dehydration. Then Pie (the rex with the saddle) died. Then, about 10 seconds later, Fury died as well. So Tickles and the Yuty were the sole survivors. The broodmother was on about 30% health at this moment, which is 194400 HP. Me and my friend were saying to each other, "Damn! We brought all our gear, and the assault rifle, and all the dinos, but they will all be gone!" What we didn't account for though, was that Tickles was a freaking GOD!!

He was 1v1ing the boss, but he looked pretty bloody. I then remembered the 30% dmg boost and resistance boost that they get from imprinting if I was riding. So I ran over to Tickles, while he was surrounded by spiders, and took a look at his health. He'd been soloing the boss for the past 30 seconds, who now was on about 20% health, and still had over 21k health left! So with new courage, we took on the boss and barely killed her with 10k to spare! After we got back to the obelisk, we renamed him Admiral Tickles and painted his saddle gold. 

Now I've crafted 9 sloth saddles, because we're going to save our rexes for the Megapithecus. The armor ranges from around 70 to 105 or so, and they're only apprentice, so I think next time we'll have a better chance!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kimodo said:

I've been busy with work all week so I haven't had much time in ARK other than to keep everything fed. I did manage to go out wyvern egg hunting with two clan-mates Friday. Had a great time with a few disasters but we managed to get a trio of eggs. One took home a 85 lightning wyvern egg, the other got a 175 lightning wyvern egg and I took the consolation prize of a 20 poison wyvern egg. I figured I already had one wyvern so I'd take the weakest one. Turns out they're both jealous now of this guy. I named him Anthrax.

 1329033219_Anthrax1.thumb.jpg.11732e97d43609858ed6e7a54aa6fae7.jpg

Like your name \m/ 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been sitting on that 160 poison egg and decided it was time to get some milk and raise this. I took my imprinted ptera, my spare griffin and flew to my scar outpost. I set up my auto, fixed the plants and did a quick look, a 50 female poison right near. Lured it towards the trap which was quite far from my outpost and my plants killed it. I was glad it was so effective but didnt want to ruin the trap so I set them on low and went to test it out. 

I went into the scar and grabbed the first egg near, luring them all to my kill box and they got taken care of quite easily. I went back in and grabbed all the eggs around, including another 160 poison. As I went up into the upper portion I lured a few more drags on me, few close calls with a 175 lightning but they all got slaughtered. I even trapped a few in the trap, knocked em out and ate them with my griffin for exp. I saw a few nice low level event coloured Wyverns and cleared the scar of wyverns again before leaving, hopefully we see some nice ones.

Got my milk, went home and raised my Poison while making dinner then logged

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, after 2 months of planning, gathering resources (SP) and building, my giant pilar was complete!

It was meant to support a staircase for a build.

It had like 200 stone pilars, was built thanks to portable rope ladders.

AAAND IT DIDNT WORK

IT CONNECTED TO THE GROUND
BUT THE STUFF ABOVE IT STILL SAYS "N O N E A R B Y F O U N D A T I O N S U P P O R T"

There is not a single reason for it to not work.

There is no hole in it.

It connects to the ground.

It connetcts to that wall I wanted to extend off.

But it just DOESN'T.

What a waste of 200 pilars. And like 2 months. And a bunch of rope ladders.

Fix your game, WC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

Started off the night searching for a high level male spino in the central canyons. After clearing the canyon of spinos a few times with my wyvern I found a 140 male. Despite being at the opposite end of the canyon I managed to kite it to my spino trap, downed it and tamed it. Quickly flew back to base picked up a spino saddle and returned to the newly tamed spino via glide suit and walked the spino back to base.

After that I went back onto the hunt for a female oviraptor for megalo kibble. Found one nearby and took it back to my taming trap and downed it. At this point I found another female right outside the trap so got that into the trap too l, downed that one aswell and left both to tame up.

Started breeding spinos in anticipation of the season server on the cluster changing to Aberation. I plan to use the spinos to help me get a foothold on Aberattion but after that they wont be much use as I will have to tame native aberant spinos which will be resistant to radiation. Put a clutch of eggs down on the incubator and started breeding the two new oviraptors with my kibble barn male to get some eggs for megalosaur taming on Aberattion. Hatched up all the spino eggs and kept 4 hatchlings with the best stats. 3 males and a female. The female had a melee mutation but of course it got the lowest parent stats, but it did come with a nice lightish blue sail. Was at this point I realised I had forgotten about the oviraptors and realised the eggs started to hatch... that could have been bad lol. So I had to deal with a few stray baby oviraptors. Once I dealt with that, I fully imprinted the spinos apart from the female which gave me a bit of bother with a walk so missed out on an imprint. Not too much of a hassle really as I plan to start a new character on Aberattion rather than risk a character transfer so the imprints were only really for an increase in stats. Finished of by cooking up a ton of oviraptor kibble with the eggs that didnt end up hatching lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt do much, logged on briefly to just check on the base and take my new wyvern out for a level.up.

My buddy joined my tribe so he's been busy doing his thing. Its nice logging into someone online :P We've put over 3000h into the game together so its also nice getting my friend back into it. This weekend I get an extra day of gaming o/ yay for stat holidays every month :P Ill be finishing my theriz line this weekend and plan to get a real nice wyvern.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SP, ps4

so my noob-self and noob-7 yr old were noobin it up last night, just farming some rocks, and we ran across an alpha raptor eating something. This was probably the first time I saw something new to me and didn’t pause the game and look it up on gamepedia...and we paid for it. 

So we’re each on trikes, have our parasaurs (which he loves), I have 3 lvl 20+ Dilos and a teen lvl carno that I lucked upon. I see that alpha is distracted and start pumping it with tranq arrows. About the time I see nothing is happening, this thing and my carno tie up like a couple of pit bulls! Fast man, in the blink of an eye they’ve already made it behind one of these big boulders. My son panics (Ark has made this kid throw down his controller and run across the room) and whistles....something. The only tame that follows me into the fight is that dang parasaur. I dismounted the trike to help with my pike, but it availed us nothing. Right after I died Cayli the carno bit the dust, then Redfin the parasaur. 

He ruberbanded back to base with me, freaked out again, and had to listen to me gripe the whole walk back. I mounted and fixed all the whistle commands, then promptly dispatched the offending alpha, since now everyone was on the same page. 

This one burned for a bit...but lesson(s) learned. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Glentavious said:

SP, ps4

so my noob-self and noob-7 yr old were noobin it up last night, just farming some rocks, and we ran across an alpha raptor eating something. This was probably the first time I saw something new to me and didn’t pause the game and look it up on gamepedia...and we paid for it. 

So we’re each on trikes, have our parasaurs (which he loves), I have 3 lvl 20+ Dilos and a teen lvl carno that I lucked upon. I see that alpha is distracted and start pumping it with tranq arrows. About the time I see nothing is happening, this thing and my carno tie up like a couple of pit bulls! Fast man, in the blink of an eye they’ve already made it behind one of these big boulders. My son panics (Ark has made this kid throw down his controller and run across the room) and whistles....something. The only tame that follows me into the fight is that dang parasaur. I dismounted the trike to help with my pike, but it availed us nothing. Right after I died Cayli the carno bit the dust, then Redfin the parasaur. 

He ruberbanded back to base with me, freaked out again, and had to listen to me gripe the whole walk back. I mounted and fixed all the whistle commands, then promptly dispatched the offending alpha, since now everyone was on the same page. 

This one burned for a bit...but lesson(s) learned. 

I have thousands of hours into this game, and I still do something Nooby every week!  Hope you and your son continue to enjoy the game.  

 

Not sure what map you are on, but if you can get your soon a shoulder pet like a Jerboa , Dimorph or Vulture, he might like that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mensana21 said:

Hello guys,
What server are you playing on ? Would someone here take me in their tribe ? I play on Mobile, and I'm level 70 in single player mode. I would really love to join a tribe. My Survivor name is Mensana. 
 

I can say with almost 100% certainty that none of the regular stories here are on Mobile. We dont like that version up in these parts!! 

(Just kidding, I wouldn't play mobile personally.. I already play on an inferior system.. Console)

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I have thousands of hours into this game, and I still do something Nooby every week!  Hope you and your son continue to enjoy the game.  

 

Not sure what map you are on, but if you can get your soon a shoulder pet like a Jerboa , Dimorph or Vulture, he might like that.

We play the regular island map; all settings and stuff are just factory, out of the box settings. 

That’s a good idea. Maybe we’ll get him one of those monkeys I’ve seen walking around. Thanks man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Island

My Coworker had no time this week. So i feed the Dinos and build a 2nd floor on the Mini Cabin from 4 x 2. Crafted some Pillars and placed them towards the country. The first 30 Meter i could only place them on the 4 walls apart, there are to many pillars at the beach. But after the 30 Meters i could expanse in both Directions. So we will be able to make a nice base. In the House we have now 2 female Dodos and 1 male. I tamed more Dilos. Now there are 2 female and 1 male. I hope i can tame here 20 Dilos. I want a good Dilo Egg farm to tame much Aberration Ankylos.

 

Aberration

Found at the Weekend a Red White Level 85 Basilisk. I tried the taming with 4 Stone Gates again. This time i knew i had to wait 3,30 Minutes for each Rock Drake Egg to be eaten. He ate 4 Eggs and was tamed. Boring to wait but one of the easiest tames if u sit on a Rock Drake and let the eggs drop next to the Basilisk. The few bites u get from the Basilisk dont knock the Drake out. Then i tamed 2 x Level 85 Crabs (will use them on other Servers as Transporters). And tamed a Level 130 Crab. The 14 female Carbonemys drop enough Eggs at the week so i can tame every Weekend more Crabs. Must be 19 Crabs at the Moment. I think i have a taming problem again. Tamed 2 Lystro cause they are red.

From my favorite Tribe i traded a normal Ankylo, still no one has Aberration Variants. But the Ankylo has about 400 Melee, much higher then my 250 Melee Aberration Variants. Until i get good Aberration Variants i will breed him so i can use them on every Server. Cause i think i will play in Future a little bit more on the Island. Dilo Farm and maybe Fighting some Bosses. I want for my Aberration Char the Tek Troughs.

 

 

PS_Messages_20180828_202916.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a goal last night, grind for my grinder (hah) 

Before I started I wanted to flesh out an expansion to my base, an area to house the grinder and future Tek Replicator and whatnot. I have an area beside my main building that I extended via cliff platforms, demolished those and made two metal cliff platforms for the future crafting room base. Snapped a side room ontop and just placed a few walls and foundations for now, snapped electricity all throughout then went off on a big metal / material run.

Started off getting a few thousand paste from dams, then back to get my ankys and quetz for a giant metal run. Hit up the whole canyon for metal, ice cave, volcano for crystal and obsidian cave for .. obsidian. Got back with over 6k worth of ingots and made 1400 polymer. 

My tribemate and I figured we needed a desert outpost for easier crystal, access to the desert and whatnot. Took my wyvern t the desert crystal cave, real neat if you havent been there. Then we scouted out a spot and I went back to make my Grinder. As soon as that was placed, with some storage vaults, ground up a few thousand wood to level up a few tames. I also gathered everything for A Tek Replicator. 

 

This weekend maybe if @DJRone89 is up to it I can convert some of my element shards to element in his replicator? :) Plan to make most of the useful Tek this weekend in preperation for Aberration and general badassery

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89

@d1nk I’m still on leave from work until Monday so just message me whenever as I can play later in the day/night than usual.

 

Map rotation time :)

Aberration has now switched back into rotation so I had a little play on there. Didn’t achieve a lot but managed to find a lost Spino and pick out a 145 and 150 Mega for future taming.

Also, started a new character on The Center map as that has switched into play. Died repeatedly but I’m now cowering in one of the southern jungle ruins until I can figure out a good starting point. Raptor pouncing has brought a whole new level of difficulty to the early game, and I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

@d1nk I’m still on leave from work until Monday so just message me whenever as I can play later in the day/night than usual.

 

Map rotation time :)

Aberration has now switched back into rotation so I had a little play on there. Didn’t achieve a lot but managed to find a lost Spino and pick out a 145 and 150 Mega for future taming.

Also, started a new character on The Center map as that has switched into play. Died repeatedly but I’m now cowering in one of the southern jungle ruins until I can figure out a good starting point. Raptor pouncing has brought a whole new level of difficulty to the early game, and I love it.

Sweet! Eek didnt realize itd rotate so soon ill get on Ab this weekend :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration

Aberration Day One. Been looking forward to the season server on the cluster rotating to Aberration. Realy have missed Aberration and I am glad to get back on the map. Needless to say I died alot. Mostly trying to find and get to a loot drop to access the stuff I had tried to transfer from Ragnarok but to my disgust it turns out all the loot crates need to be level 35 to be accessible. Oh well not to worry, means I get to enjoy early game aberration for much longer. The main goal of this play through will be to get stuff like rock drakes and reapers for the main Ragnarok server. Would love to get breeding pairs of all the light pets too. Ultimate goal would be to take on Rockwell but we shall see how it goes. 

So I started to progress. Got a small starter shack down where I plan to build my main base. Going to build where I built on my last play through on Aberration, its reasonably 'safe' with good access to river rocks for early game metal and a gas vein nearby for when I can get a gas collector down. Died alot trying to make sure the place was reasonably safe from aggressive dinos, but eventually managed it by kiting the larger stuff to territorial herbys and just arrowing the smaller stuff to death.

Got a forge together and enough metal to craft up metal tools. Then spammed wooden foundations to level up quickly and to map out where the main structure wil go. Got to about level 31 before logging of for the night.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration

Aberration Day One. Been looking forward to the season server on the cluster rotating to Aberration. Realy have missed Aberration and I am glad to get back on the map. Needless to say I died alot. Mostly trying to find and get to a loot drop to access the stuff I had tried to transfer from Ragnarok but to my disgust it turns out all the loot crates need to be level 35 to be accessible. Oh well not to worry, means I get to enjoy early game aberration for much longer. The main goal of this play through will be to get stuff like rock drakes and reapers for the main Ragnarok server. Would love to get breeding pairs of all the light pets too. Ultimate goal would be to take on Rockwell but we shall see how it goes. 

So I started to progress. Got a small starter shack down where I plan to build my main base. Going to build where I built on my last play through on Aberration, its reasonably 'safe' with good access to river rocks for early game metal and a gas vein nearby for when I can get a gas collector down. Died alot trying to make sure the place was reasonably safe from aggressive dinos, but eventually managed it by kiting the larger stuff to territorial herbys and just arrowing the smaller stuff to death.

Got a forge together and enough metal to craft up metal tools. Then spammed wooden foundations to level up quickly and to map out where the main structure wil go. Got to about level 31 before logging of for the night.

o/ Ab. Community crab traps and tame pens \o/ Is the map fresh or the old map from prior rotations? Ill see you there this weekend! We're gonna prep for a bit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, d1nk said:

o/ Ab. Community crab traps and tame pens \o/ Is the map fresh or the old map from prior rotations? Ill see you there this weekend! We're gonna prep for a bit

Am already planning for those. I am all about those community builds and traps. Going to have a spino trap at the fertile lake and planning on a few small megalo pitfalls in the blue zone too. I need to do some planning and research on the crab traps, last one was just my standard trap with a tower for the cannon but it didnt really work that well.

The map would be fresh I think. I already have stuff waiting for me in transfer, if I could just hit level 35 and access the loot crates lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...