So what did you do in ARK today?

Aberration

Building a 3 x 3 x 2 Hut for the Reaper Baby. Waited till 2x XP at Weekend and running up and down the River killing everything. The 75 Level were easy on this way. Found and tamed a Level 15 Roll Rat. It was Grey on the Upside and Purple on the Downside. Next to my base at the water the Otters are still chilling. If i dont see a color i like i kill everything and come back later. So i found 3 blue Otter about the Weekend. From Level 10 to 35. Tamed another female Sarco. I am at 3 female and 1 male now. But they are so lazy at laying eggs. 22 Sarco Eggs now, not enough for Kibble for a 180 Tek Stego. Tried to tame the blue Basilisk. As i was near him something aggroed him. He rised next to the trap and not in the trap. So i went back to base and build 4 stone gates to trap him again. As i came back he was gone. Never seen him again. And it was a nice blue -.-

Finally i gave birth to the reaper. After adopting him i let him kill me with my inventory full of meat. After 4 hours i came back looking for him. This little brat was sitting next to the house. He aggroed on me, so i demolished one side and lured him back to the house. Rebuild 1 wall. Ran back to the Vault and crafted more Walls, Ceiling and foundation. Build complete around the house a second wall. After this i dont go back to him till juvenile phase. In this phase i let him follow me to my breeding house on top of my house. Dumb me forget to deactivate wandering. As i go up to let the wooden elevator down he was running around. He walked straight to a bulk of 10 Dinos (they killed a Raptor). Took me a few Minutes until i could reach him and deactivate wandering. Now he is in the House and can eat all the meat there. Only problem is i can only once a day try to imprint him. Build a little 4 x 2 breeding pen with 2 Stone Gates. So i can breed more than 1 medium Dino at the time. Tried it with the 4 Sarcos and with 4 Ankylo. It is working. Used the new Space from Base expanding last week and placed a Few Dinos on other Spots. Im thinking of making Lights all along the Fence which is near the Water.

PS_Messages_20180806_124122.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

Goal of last night was to flesh out my base a bit and make it more than a few storage boxes and tames. Started off by using my premade mats I made the night before to enlarge and finish my main dwelling. Its funny how, when building, the place always seems way to big. Once its complete and you actually get a dino or two in you realize its pretty small. Looks like im going modular with the base design this time! 

After the main house I turned my attention to a small breeding pen,  keeping it open except a roof above incase anything falls from Murder Snow. Went out after the pen was complete to get a Beaver from Paradise. It seems there hasent been a dino wipe in awhile, not a single one past 100 so I took the time to clean spawns and kill every.damn.beaver. After about 2 hours I finally found one worth taming, was a 150 too! Flew back to my base.

While it was taming I added the meat to my place. Boxes, fabby, etc. I didnt plan out my electrical components so I settled on an ugly "cables out of foundations" look. Ill probably re-do my base later down the road. Today ill be filling up the rest of it including completing my breeding room and hopefully getting some industrial items going, if not atleast just getting the materials to craft them once im the level! 

Finally met up with @AngrySaltire this morning and paidna visit to his new base whilist farming metal. Great place, its going to look good! You might want some plants, or spawn blockers. Lured an alpha raptor out of your base shortly after you logged ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Finally met up with @AngrySaltire this morning and paidna visit to his new base whilist farming metal. Great place, its going to look good! You might want some plants, or spawn blockers. Lured an alpha raptor out of your base shortly after you logged ;) 

Eeccckk am still in the process of building up and moving in. Still need to install blocking foundations and am planning those plant species x batteries too . Thanks for the heads up.

• Haha 1
Guest DJRone89

Went for a wander and found a 162 Tek Rex. Had to kite it to safety without disturbing the Giga close by. This was just south of Green Ob on Ragnarok on top of the YouTuber temple ruins.

Took about 10 mins to kite it to a beach where I left it for a while so that I could come back around on my taming motorboat.

Eased it on using my Griffin, took it back to my water pen where I could down it without any threats close by. Tamed out alright but the stats must have gone into speed because it’s not that great in comparison to a normal Rex.

Oh well, I’m just happy to have finally found one above 150 lol.

So on my day off instead of doing something useful with my life I spent most of it playing ark instead. Which was great as I pushed and finally got all the buildings at the new base completed and furnish most of them. Just need to install a chem bench and industrial cooker. Not looking forward to installing the pipe needed for the cooker. Managed to transport alot of the resources across from the old base and a few dinos as well.

Got the main building and both of the stables, with one of the stables with a wee landing pad ontop of it for wyverns and possibly other flyers, here. Copied the stable build from the last base and a similiar style of build for the main building.

rps20180806_223310.thumb.jpg.d94c5b41244909432d0b1a4a9979a49c.jpg

And here we have the new breeding barn (with the massive gate, my usual dsign) and the new kibble barn. The breeding barn should be ready to go, incubator has been installed as well as all the trimmings (fridges, preserving bins etc) Just need to move all the kibble dinos over now.... what fun that shall be...

rps20180806_223406.thumb.jpg.406bf4831c170ef64701bab385fe2ba4.jpg

Once the buildings were complete I had to rush and get some foundations spawn blockers down (yuck but needs must) and install some plant species x for anti air  and anti land dinos defense. Had a few argents and alpha raptors invade my base (one alpha raptor dealt with by @d1nk, thanks for dealing with that), the raptors spawning in the middle of the compound while the argent, well just flew in of course. At one point I thought my thorny was a gonner when the alpha raptor attacked. Hopefully the plant x will do the job but I think I have found a few blind spots but we shall see how it goes. 

Finally met up with @d1nk after avoiding each other as a result of different times zones lol. Of course he got the base tour. Even nipped round to his to pick up some of the plant species x seeds. Wow the base has grown since I last saw. Looking good !

Edited by AngrySaltire
Phones dont type well.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This morning I tamed a male 180 Megatherium to go with my 217 I found yesterday. I also knocked him out with a trap, in the same place I KO'd the other one! So after I downed him, I uploaded his stats into dododex. This is what I got:

http://www.dododex.com/stat-calculator/megatherium/180?&h=3996&s=1240&o=1296&f=10200&w=1116.5&d=225 (just copy paste)

If you're too lazy to look (like me lol) then I got below average health, stamina, melee, and weight. Buuuuuttt... I got high OXYGEN, which is going to be super useful for the broodmother boss fight! ?

Anyway, still tamed him with a combination of cooked lamb chops in the fridge and prime from some generous argents that provided it. Took him back to base (we're at hidden lake, tranqed him and the other at the little trench towards the snow) and bred him with my other one. A couple minutes later, out popped a little purple megatherium (his mother was purple in the wild; no mutations unfortunately) with all the good stats from his mom! Around 7100 health, 414% damage, and 2000 stamina. And he also got the high 1400 oxygen. Took the dog to the park, did my mile run, and came back an hour and a half later. Tickles is now fully grown! I went out of hidden lake and went on a raft over to Dead Island. Killed a scorpion, 500 damage or so. Now I have the bug killer buff so he's doing ~400 damage to the carnos, raptors, etc. I also found a 135 male rex, which would be good for our boss fighting breeding group, but didn't know if I would be allowed to tame it as we're usually not allowed to tame animals when the other person is not online, except for scorpions for kibble and sloths for the broodmother. 

Also, one of our scorpions FINALLY laid an egg! Whenever I'm waiting for some baby to grow, or for someone to finish mating, or for some metal to smelt, I always check the kibble farm. I've checked it around 30 times. So I made some rex kibble, not sure if the scorps will lay eggs often enough for kibble to be practical, but whatevs. I bred our argents and our barys(without my friends permission but I doubt he'll have a reason to get mad ?) I also bred the rexes, one being level 305 and one being level 190 or so, so he's way out of his league there lol.

Put the eggs in the refrigerator and logged. 

• Like 2

Made big steps towards my base completion today. Farmed up about 8000 ingots, made a lot faster due to @AngrySaltire's indy forge he so kindly let me use. Fleshed out my base more, wired in my breeding room, made and placed 10 AC, 7 fridges and 2 vaults. Few trips between metal runs for CP and a few runs to Lava obsidian cave. 

Tamed a 60 Griffin while waiting for ingots to smelt. As im waiting for it to tame Saltaire points out a 150 near his base close to where I am. Only having an Argy still, this bugger was being a pain. Griffs are faster than argies so I took a beating just getting it to a trap near Canyon edge. I tried for about 5 solid minutes and it wouldnt get in the trap (and almost killing me twice, I was on foot trying to trap it) then it just flew towards green ob. I caught up and finally got it to follow me, I was going to bring it to the trap further down the canyon where i had the 60 knocked out. About half way there it just vanished. It was clipping into me the whole time giving my argy a rimjob then just dissapeared. 

Went back to base after the 60 was tamed and crafted up most my obsidian after another beaver run. Completed my Greenhouse, then went and tamed a 135 dung beetle. I planted one of each crop for now, along with a few Narco plants.

Im still sitting at enough mats for an industrial forge and just shy of a chem bench. Ill probably farm up most of that tonight and try to get some sort of meat gatherer. Hide is becoming an issue with my argy my only real tame worthy battle. Thinking a bear would be nice, maybe something I can carry with an Argy, ill check Baryonxyx at the swamps too.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Hide is becoming an issue with my argy my only real tame worthy battle. Thinking a bear would be nice, maybe something I can carry with an Argy, ill check Baryonxyx at the swamps too.

Go somewhere relatively open that spawns loads of Paracers, like the swamp for example, and go HAM with a chainsaw. It’s what I use when I’m farming for my ascendant saddles.

I also have red and purple Direwolves that I bred back in January if you’d rather go for a solid hide gatherer... Since the TLC, they are more OP than they ever have been.

Moving on, last session I found a new base location for my next project... a sea fortress.

25 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Go somewhere relatively open that spawns loads of Paracers, like the swamp for example, and go HAM with a chainsaw. It’s what I use when I’m farming for my ascendant saddles.

I also have red and purple Direwolves that I bred back in January if you’d rather go for a solid hide gatherer... Since the TLC, they are more OP than they ever have been.

Moving on, last session I found a new base location for my next project... a sea fortress.

Oh yeah, good idea with chainsaw. Just got a ramshackle premade from a drop too. I cant deny them direwolves :) Ill take you up on that next time were on

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Im still sitting at enough mats for an industrial forge and just shy of a chem bench. Ill probably farm up most of that tonight and try to get some sort of meat gatherer. Hide is becoming an issue with my argy my only real tame worthy battle. Thinking a bear would be nice, maybe something I can carry with an Argy, ill check Baryonxyx at the swamps too.

I could hook you up with some barys or thylos if your desperate. Got some spares sitting around from breeding that I am going to cull instead of moving to the new base.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Huh I should really get around to trying to use a chainsaw then. Never really used them.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Made big steps towards my base completion today. Farmed up about 8000 ingots, made a lot faster due to @AngrySaltire's indy forge he so kindly let me use. Fleshed out my base more, wired in my breeding room, made and placed 10 AC, 7 fridges and 2 vaults. Few trips between metal runs for CP and a few runs to Lava obsidian cave. 

Tamed a 60 Griffin while waiting for ingots to smelt. As im waiting for it to tame Saltaire points out a 150 near his base close to where I am. Only having an Argy still, this bugger was being a pain. Griffs are faster than argies so I took a beating just getting it to a trap near Canyon edge. I tried for about 5 solid minutes and it wouldnt get in the trap (and almost killing me twice, I was on foot trying to trap it) then it just flew towards green ob. I caught up and finally got it to follow me, I was going to bring it to the trap further down the canyon where i had the 60 knocked out. About half way there it just vanished. It was clipping into me the whole time giving my argy a rimjob then just dissapeared. 

Went back to base after the 60 was tamed and crafted up most my obsidian after another beaver run. Completed my Greenhouse, then went and tamed a 135 dung beetle. I planted one of each crop for now, along with a few Narco plants.

I'm sure you know this already, but use a Ptera for kiting argies and griffins into a trap. The Ptera can slip thru the pillars, leaving the griffin/argy stuck.  You then land the Ptera just out of reach of the dino in the trap. They keep agro on the Ptera, while you run around and close the dino gate to the trap.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Veraduun said:

I'm a little confused. You have a Wyvern but are building out of stone and plant X? Is that because you recently moved here? 

Or I suppose it could be a PvE server?

Most definitely a PvE server. But yes I have also just moved to that location and thats the style of building I am going with. Love species x as they require very little little upkeep.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Most definitely a PvE server. But yes I have also just moved to that location and thats the style of building I am going with. Love species x as they require very little little upkeep.

That's what I figured. I was like "No way he raised a Wyvern to adulthood while using stone buildings and a few plant X alone" lmao.

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I'm sure you know this already, but use a Ptera for kiting argies and griffins into a trap. The Ptera can slip thru the pillars, leaving the griffin/argy stuck.  You then land the Ptera just out of reach of the dino in the trap. They keep agro on the Ptera, while you run around and close the dino gate to the trap.

I do! I just havent bothered taming one outside my first 150 I tamed on this server and lost it :P I like to mix it up, wouldve had it in the trap if it was a proper one, some makeshift one i found of someone elses

1 hour ago, Veraduun said:

I'm a little confused. You have a Wyvern but are building out of stone and plant X? Is that because you recently moved here? 

Or I suppose it could be a PvE server?

Its a private server that a few of us play on. Even if it was PVP he could still build out of wood, its private with ORP :P There gets a point in your ark career where you need to mix stuff up!

To the thread: Finished my night last night taming a 135 bear and on my way back to my base spotted a 140 megatherium stuck in a hole in Snow. Tranqd it then I fell in the hole and got pushed under the map to my death lol. Good thing I didnt have anything of worth on me, went back and killed it out of spite.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I could hook you up with some barys or thylos if your desperate. Got some spares sitting around from breeding that I am going to cull instead of moving to the new base.

Huh I should really get around to trying to use a chainsaw then. Never really used them.

Not desperate but ill take a bary for caves and such :P 

Last couple of days we've slowly been building up our new place by the bay so here's a couple of images of the progress so far.. still have to do the back, finish the semi en-suite toilets for both upstairs bedrooms and build a couple of guest houses alongside but getting there.

FrontFromPond.jpg

Soon as you walk in the main door and looking left...

GroundFloorLeft.jpg

In the main door and looking right...

GroundFloorRight.jpg

On the stairs looking down towards the main door...

BalconyDown.jpg

Another closer shot from the front showing some of the depth I've tried to add to the build.

MainDoor.jpg

My room ...

MirageRoom.jpg

The kitchen...

Kitchen.jpg

A shot looking on from above our bridge and pond.. love the little added weatherine...

FrontAboveBridge.jpg

• Like 5

Moved the kibble dinos across to the new base today. OMG it was an absolute chore. Ended up moving the dinos en masse on a raft much closer to the new base, throwing down anchor just by the canyons and then flying them by wyvern to the new barn. Took me two raft trips and countless trips back and forth on the wyvern, to move everything. Saved me flying all the way back to the old base and back again and again and also reduced the risk of a blue ob disconnect giving me grief. Still took forever but well worth it, I am being snowed under by the amount of eggs they are producing, am glad I only tamed two of each animal haha.

Added the last few touches to the base. Installed the chemistry bench and industrial cooker. Hooking up the cooker to the water source was a nightmare, had to install one heck of a pipe all the way to the river. Also bit the bulet and installed a new green house and decommissioned the one at my old base. 

Now that I have moved base I cant wait to start progressing again lol

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 4