So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

This morning I tamed a male 180 Megatherium to go with my 217 I found yesterday. I also knocked him out with a trap, in the same place I KO'd the other one! So after I downed him, I uploaded his stats into dododex. This is what I got:

http://www.dododex.com/stat-calculator/megatherium/180?&h=3996&s=1240&o=1296&f=10200&w=1116.5&d=225 (just copy paste)

If you're too lazy to look (like me lol) then I got below average health, stamina, melee, and weight. Buuuuuttt... I got high OXYGEN, which is going to be super useful for the broodmother boss fight! ?

Anyway, still tamed him with a combination of cooked lamb chops in the fridge and prime from some generous argents that provided it. Took him back to base (we're at hidden lake, tranqed him and the other at the little trench towards the snow) and bred him with my other one. A couple minutes later, out popped a little purple megatherium (his mother was purple in the wild; no mutations unfortunately) with all the good stats from his mom! Around 7100 health, 414% damage, and 2000 stamina. And he also got the high 1400 oxygen. Took the dog to the park, did my mile run, and came back an hour and a half later. Tickles is now fully grown! I went out of hidden lake and went on a raft over to Dead Island. Killed a scorpion, 500 damage or so. Now I have the bug killer buff so he's doing ~400 damage to the carnos, raptors, etc. I also found a 135 male rex, which would be good for our boss fighting breeding group, but didn't know if I would be allowed to tame it as we're usually not allowed to tame animals when the other person is not online, except for scorpions for kibble and sloths for the broodmother. 

Also, one of our scorpions FINALLY laid an egg! Whenever I'm waiting for some baby to grow, or for someone to finish mating, or for some metal to smelt, I always check the kibble farm. I've checked it around 30 times. So I made some rex kibble, not sure if the scorps will lay eggs often enough for kibble to be practical, but whatevs. I bred our argents and our barys(without my friends permission but I doubt he'll have a reason to get mad ?) I also bred the rexes, one being level 305 and one being level 190 or so, so he's way out of his league there lol.

Put the eggs in the refrigerator and logged. 

• Like 2

Made big steps towards my base completion today. Farmed up about 8000 ingots, made a lot faster due to @AngrySaltire's indy forge he so kindly let me use. Fleshed out my base more, wired in my breeding room, made and placed 10 AC, 7 fridges and 2 vaults. Few trips between metal runs for CP and a few runs to Lava obsidian cave. 

Tamed a 60 Griffin while waiting for ingots to smelt. As im waiting for it to tame Saltaire points out a 150 near his base close to where I am. Only having an Argy still, this bugger was being a pain. Griffs are faster than argies so I took a beating just getting it to a trap near Canyon edge. I tried for about 5 solid minutes and it wouldnt get in the trap (and almost killing me twice, I was on foot trying to trap it) then it just flew towards green ob. I caught up and finally got it to follow me, I was going to bring it to the trap further down the canyon where i had the 60 knocked out. About half way there it just vanished. It was clipping into me the whole time giving my argy a rimjob then just dissapeared. 

Went back to base after the 60 was tamed and crafted up most my obsidian after another beaver run. Completed my Greenhouse, then went and tamed a 135 dung beetle. I planted one of each crop for now, along with a few Narco plants.

Im still sitting at enough mats for an industrial forge and just shy of a chem bench. Ill probably farm up most of that tonight and try to get some sort of meat gatherer. Hide is becoming an issue with my argy my only real tame worthy battle. Thinking a bear would be nice, maybe something I can carry with an Argy, ill check Baryonxyx at the swamps too.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Hide is becoming an issue with my argy my only real tame worthy battle. Thinking a bear would be nice, maybe something I can carry with an Argy, ill check Baryonxyx at the swamps too.

Go somewhere relatively open that spawns loads of Paracers, like the swamp for example, and go HAM with a chainsaw. It’s what I use when I’m farming for my ascendant saddles.

I also have red and purple Direwolves that I bred back in January if you’d rather go for a solid hide gatherer... Since the TLC, they are more OP than they ever have been.

Moving on, last session I found a new base location for my next project... a sea fortress.

25 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Go somewhere relatively open that spawns loads of Paracers, like the swamp for example, and go HAM with a chainsaw. It’s what I use when I’m farming for my ascendant saddles.

I also have red and purple Direwolves that I bred back in January if you’d rather go for a solid hide gatherer... Since the TLC, they are more OP than they ever have been.

Moving on, last session I found a new base location for my next project... a sea fortress.

Oh yeah, good idea with chainsaw. Just got a ramshackle premade from a drop too. I cant deny them direwolves :) Ill take you up on that next time were on

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Im still sitting at enough mats for an industrial forge and just shy of a chem bench. Ill probably farm up most of that tonight and try to get some sort of meat gatherer. Hide is becoming an issue with my argy my only real tame worthy battle. Thinking a bear would be nice, maybe something I can carry with an Argy, ill check Baryonxyx at the swamps too.

I could hook you up with some barys or thylos if your desperate. Got some spares sitting around from breeding that I am going to cull instead of moving to the new base.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Huh I should really get around to trying to use a chainsaw then. Never really used them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Made big steps towards my base completion today. Farmed up about 8000 ingots, made a lot faster due to @AngrySaltire's indy forge he so kindly let me use. Fleshed out my base more, wired in my breeding room, made and placed 10 AC, 7 fridges and 2 vaults. Few trips between metal runs for CP and a few runs to Lava obsidian cave. 

Tamed a 60 Griffin while waiting for ingots to smelt. As im waiting for it to tame Saltaire points out a 150 near his base close to where I am. Only having an Argy still, this bugger was being a pain. Griffs are faster than argies so I took a beating just getting it to a trap near Canyon edge. I tried for about 5 solid minutes and it wouldnt get in the trap (and almost killing me twice, I was on foot trying to trap it) then it just flew towards green ob. I caught up and finally got it to follow me, I was going to bring it to the trap further down the canyon where i had the 60 knocked out. About half way there it just vanished. It was clipping into me the whole time giving my argy a rimjob then just dissapeared. 

Went back to base after the 60 was tamed and crafted up most my obsidian after another beaver run. Completed my Greenhouse, then went and tamed a 135 dung beetle. I planted one of each crop for now, along with a few Narco plants.

I'm sure you know this already, but use a Ptera for kiting argies and griffins into a trap. The Ptera can slip thru the pillars, leaving the griffin/argy stuck.  You then land the Ptera just out of reach of the dino in the trap. They keep agro on the Ptera, while you run around and close the dino gate to the trap.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Veraduun said:

I'm a little confused. You have a Wyvern but are building out of stone and plant X? Is that because you recently moved here? 

Or I suppose it could be a PvE server?

Most definitely a PvE server. But yes I have also just moved to that location and thats the style of building I am going with. Love species x as they require very little little upkeep.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Most definitely a PvE server. But yes I have also just moved to that location and thats the style of building I am going with. Love species x as they require very little little upkeep.

That's what I figured. I was like "No way he raised a Wyvern to adulthood while using stone buildings and a few plant X alone" lmao.

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I'm sure you know this already, but use a Ptera for kiting argies and griffins into a trap. The Ptera can slip thru the pillars, leaving the griffin/argy stuck.  You then land the Ptera just out of reach of the dino in the trap. They keep agro on the Ptera, while you run around and close the dino gate to the trap.

I do! I just havent bothered taming one outside my first 150 I tamed on this server and lost it :P I like to mix it up, wouldve had it in the trap if it was a proper one, some makeshift one i found of someone elses

1 hour ago, Veraduun said:

I'm a little confused. You have a Wyvern but are building out of stone and plant X? Is that because you recently moved here? 

Or I suppose it could be a PvE server?

Its a private server that a few of us play on. Even if it was PVP he could still build out of wood, its private with ORP :P There gets a point in your ark career where you need to mix stuff up!

To the thread: Finished my night last night taming a 135 bear and on my way back to my base spotted a 140 megatherium stuck in a hole in Snow. Tranqd it then I fell in the hole and got pushed under the map to my death lol. Good thing I didnt have anything of worth on me, went back and killed it out of spite.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I could hook you up with some barys or thylos if your desperate. Got some spares sitting around from breeding that I am going to cull instead of moving to the new base.

Huh I should really get around to trying to use a chainsaw then. Never really used them.

Not desperate but ill take a bary for caves and such :P 

Last couple of days we've slowly been building up our new place by the bay so here's a couple of images of the progress so far.. still have to do the back, finish the semi en-suite toilets for both upstairs bedrooms and build a couple of guest houses alongside but getting there.

FrontFromPond.jpg

Soon as you walk in the main door and looking left...

GroundFloorLeft.jpg

In the main door and looking right...

GroundFloorRight.jpg

On the stairs looking down towards the main door...

BalconyDown.jpg

Another closer shot from the front showing some of the depth I've tried to add to the build.

MainDoor.jpg

My room ...

MirageRoom.jpg

The kitchen...

Kitchen.jpg

A shot looking on from above our bridge and pond.. love the little added weatherine...

FrontAboveBridge.jpg

• Like 5

Moved the kibble dinos across to the new base today. OMG it was an absolute chore. Ended up moving the dinos en masse on a raft much closer to the new base, throwing down anchor just by the canyons and then flying them by wyvern to the new barn. Took me two raft trips and countless trips back and forth on the wyvern, to move everything. Saved me flying all the way back to the old base and back again and again and also reduced the risk of a blue ob disconnect giving me grief. Still took forever but well worth it, I am being snowed under by the amount of eggs they are producing, am glad I only tamed two of each animal haha.

Added the last few touches to the base. Installed the chemistry bench and industrial cooker. Hooking up the cooker to the water source was a nightmare, had to install one heck of a pipe all the way to the river. Also bit the bulet and installed a new green house and decommissioned the one at my old base. 

Now that I have moved base I cant wait to start progressing again lol

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 4

Guest DJRone89

@AngrySaltire if you need inspiration on building your irrigation system, head towards my base and you’ll see where it starts. I’d suggest something similar because you can only build so many structures down (or up) before you reach a limit. Unfortunately, your base is too high up for you to irritate down to the river flowing through the canyon. Also build your system backwards, starting from your base. I’ve seen so many bad irrigations in my time lol.

My story: Went desert drop hunting and got ambushed by a Deathworm on the first drop. Good thing my Wyvern has loads of health because I wasn’t expecting to lose 4K . Anyway moving on, flew by a 135 Alpha Carno running into a cliff edge so decided to hop off and blast it with my shotgun. It ran off before I could kill it so I finished it off on my Wyvern for extra levels.

Found a purple/blue 135 Moshops on the way back, so naturally, I tamed that before calling it a night.

15 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

@AngrySaltire if you need inspiration on building your irrigation system, head towards my base and you’ll see where it starts. I’d suggest something similar because you can only build so many structures down (or up) before you reach a limit. Unfortunately, your base is too high up for you to irritate down to the river flowing through the canyon. Also build your system backwards, starting from your base. I’ve seen so many bad irrigations in my time lol.

You sure I am too far up at my base ? Because building the pipe all the way to the river is exactly what I did and it works fine lol Had to work backwards anyway because of the cooker. I always work backwards with pipes anyway.

3 hours ago, Kimodo said:

I can't give you thumbs up MirageUK but your place looks great!

Cheers - the benefits of running an unofficial. S+ and the Eco mods really add some interesting new building stuff if you're into that sort of thing - Ragnarok is our home server for building and such. We also have another server we use for mission maps.. ain't usually anything pretty on that one :)

• Like 1

Guest DJRone89
20 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

You sure I am too far up at my base ? Because building the pipe all the way to the river is exactly what I did and it works fine lol Had to work backwards anyway because of the cooker. I always work backwards with pipes anyway.

Interesting, maybe I was just too high up lol

Yesterday accidentally hatched 4 wyverns, first only one, I was so happy when I checked there was a tame slot on a capped server, took all 3 high level wyvern eggs to incubate (180/175/170), wrongly taken 1 that's already incubated with only 10 seconds to hatch, it hatched but wth, ok I'll raise it. Incubated 2 other eggs, went taming 2 Gallimimus and 3 Trike, time went by and hatched another 2 wth. Found one Fire Wyvern egg 155 when going for milk, incubated it, went tame 1 Terrorbird and 2 Carbonemys and Dimorphodon all in different places, go back home, want to check whether server tame slot is full or not by placing a fertilized egg, saw another wyvern hatched in the incubation room. ?

Now raising 4 wyverns, luckily 3 has around the same imprint time (2 claimed at the same time while one of it must be different by around 8 hours), and another one has 2 hours difference.  

Edited by DonaldDuck