Jump to content

Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Recommended Posts

Dear Thread

 

Today I uploaded my character to Ab and was lucky enough to spawn in a really great location in a out of the way section of the map in a nicely hidden spot, I spent th next six hours farming up what IO need to make a stone base an then upgraded it to metal, I then built a trap an caught a 130 Ravanger who came out at 193! well happy with that, I then got bored and decided to test out what fun I can have with the I.E.D you can craft. turns out it takes 5 to blow up a giant gate or 7 in total to blow up the giant gate and stone frame togeather!

there is a base below me that looks abandoned but might have some good stuff, time to test how meany I.E.D's it take to go though Metal!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Use a Griffin. My go to solo tamer.

We dont have rag on our cluster yet, but I have a decent tapa and my wife to help.

 

We didnt have a ton of ambition today but we did decide to try to tame a low level quetz to use as a quetz trap. Found a lvl 62 male not far off and we managed to tranq it with ease and it landed in a safe spot. I threw down some dino gates to protect it and we stood guard till it tamed. 

Once it tamed we grabbed a 180 tek stego that was near our base and tamed it. Then we figured we should build a metal taming pen for thezio now that we had a quetz to carry them. I cleared out a spot with the bronto and we built a 5x5 pen. Then we did a scan for thezio and the nearest lvl 150+ was all the way across the map so we decided to pass on that for the day.

Next we spotted a lvl 82 female quetz above our base. We were a few lvls shy of building a quetz platform so we went after it with the tapa again. We got it down and it landed right on top of a Purlovia :( Managed to kill the purlovia before it killed the quetz. We decided to tame the quetz anyways for kibble, even though it on gained 6 lvls.

We got it back to base and decided to hop over to SE to feed dinos. Then we jumped on to Aberration to feed as well and then we logged off in the tek sleeping pods to hopefully gain the next few lvls before tomorrow.

Our main plan tomorrow is to tame a 195 quetz thats near carno island, but only if we can get a high enough lvl to build the quetz platform so we can trap it. After that Im not sure what we will do, lol. Probably tame more dinos that we dont have to get to my goal of taming 1 of everything before extinction drops

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

We dont have rag on our cluster yet, but I have a decent tapa and my wife to help.

 

We didnt have a ton of ambition today but we did decide to try to tame a low level quetz to use as a quetz trap. Found a lvl 62 male not far off and we managed to tranq it with ease and it landed in a safe spot. I threw down some dino gates to protect it and we stood guard till it tamed. 

Once it tamed we grabbed a 180 tek stego that was near our base and tamed it. Then we figured we should build a metal taming pen for thezio now that we had a quetz to carry them. I cleared out a spot with the bronto and we built a 5x5 pen. Then we did a scan for thezio and the nearest lvl 150+ was all the way across the map so we decided to pass on that for the day.

Next we spotted a lvl 82 female quetz above our base. We were a few lvls shy of building a quetz platform so we went after it with the tapa again. We got it down and it landed right on top of a Purlovia :( Managed to kill the purlovia before it killed the quetz. We decided to tame the quetz anyways for kibble, even though it on gained 6 lvls.

We got it back to base and decided to hop over to SE to feed dinos. Then we jumped on to Aberration to feed as well and then we logged off in the tek sleeping pods to hopefully gain the next few lvls before tomorrow.

Our main plan tomorrow is to tame a 195 quetz thats near carno island, but only if we can get a high enough lvl to build the quetz platform so we can trap it. After that Im not sure what we will do, lol. Probably tame more dinos that we dont have to get to my goal of taming 1 of everything before extinction drops

Make sure to grab the Theriz facing away from your quetz or it will shred it! Has extinction been announced? Been out of the loop for awhile.

 

Today was the first day I logged on Ark in a few months! Wife is hungover as dilo in bed so I figured id load up and prepare my island for my next pet project: No tames! Lost all my boss dinos for my ascension project when my server went down so when I logged on The Island I had some fun killing all my remaining dinos, flying around on godmode until I found a Giga. Turned back on regular mode and punched it in the face before being eaten and deleting my save file. 

 

Day is young but the hangover is fierce. We will see what / if I get anything done :P 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89

Are 10 snails enough for a solo player because I’ve just tamed 8 back to back. Enough Ark for me today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made quiet a bit of progress today. Finally built the green house at my base, put that off for way too long. Installed all the piping and crop plots. Afterwards went off to the desert and tamed up two 145 dung beetles and took them back to base.

Finally went back for the megalosaurus I saw not far from my base a few nights ago. To my surprise it turned out to be a male 135 blue event coloured dino. Lured it to the taming raft to tame up. Now I finally have a pair of megalosaurs to make the kibble for theris. Cant wait to tame a theri, I am fed up with harvesting fiber by hand lol.

Tamed up more dinos for the kibble barn. Tamed up a pair of ankys and a pair of terrors birds as well as 1 male and 2 female dimetrodons. My goodness i forgot how quickly the dimet topor drained lol. 

Finished off by hunting deathworms in the desert. Trying to get to level 89 so I can build an industrial cooker, am so close. Must need to kill one or two more deathworms and I am there but I ran out of time tonight for that. Hopefully tommorow night.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Are 10 snails enough for a solo player because I’ve just tamed 8 back to back. Enough Ark for me today.

Get 20 just to be sure! Haha 

Been frolicking amung the sun and grass so I haven't been on much. 

 

Over the last week or 2 we've hatched 16 new rex, tamed a high level tek rex and flesh rex, found high level mates for both those rex, bred said rex, picked up 2 high level allo and just been focusing on getting boss supplies ready to go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had no luck finding a good doed yesterday, but today i found a lvl 150 in the red forest.

Had 50 tranq arrows on me, figured that would be anough. It wasnt.

Flew back to base and got 96 more, found the doed again, made a  pincushion out of it, think i only had 13 arrows left.

Put spike walls around it with one opening, parked my argy and went afk for one minute to get something to eat.

Got back to a death message by a terrorbird.

Jumped on my ptera to race back, thought my argy was on passive but luckily it wasnt.

The terrorbird cost me 20lvls on the doed, but i got it :) lvl 205

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89

Taming those snails was great. I’ll always have more paste than obsidian which is what I farmed today. Made a few thousand polymer and farmed thousands of metal to start my underwater tek base project.

I haven’t found a location yet, but anyone on Ragnarok that has a suggestion, please do share.

The grindiest part of the resource gathering has to be the black pearls, even for Rag. I keep forgetting to do a run every session but now I’ll have to.

While the material nerf was greatly appreciated, vacuum compartments are still depressingly expensive in bulk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was mostly a taming day, focusing on things we didnt have. Started off on SE for pegomax because they are everywhere. Came home with a pair.

Brought them back to the island and decided it was time to tame a whale. S+ tek transmitter showed a lvl 90 nearby. So i throw on scuba, grab some lamb chops and hop on the barry. I find the whale, clear its manta pack and tame it without issue. Get it back to base and move on to the next thing.

Next we decide to tame a low lvl female tickle chicken for kibble. Find one not far off, drop her in our metal pen and tame her. On our search for a male we spot a zebra white chalico. I had started a beer barrel a few weeks ago so I scooped her up and dropped her on our beach then grabbed the beer and tamed her. After we tamed her we tamed a low lvl all black monkey on the beach. 

We decided to tame a low lvl female oviraptor as our last tame. While it was taming a lol lvl pelagornis landed next to us so we 1 shot tranqed it and tamed it too.

To finish the day we decided it was time to build a water pen and got it about 75% complete before logging. Its fully secure now all we need to do is level out the walls.

y4mjWZTGYw7f0LrDGcwE1zxKTaQufD0e3L5-1OVj

 

This weeks plans are to finish the pen and continue taming dinos we dont have. If we get time we may finally breed our sharks too. Once we finally hit lvl 97 we also plan on building a quetz trap to tame that 195 quetz thats somewhere on the map, lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like im back! With newfound vigor on @DJRone89's server! Started a poor beach bob near blue. My first order of buisness was to establish a small wood hut, a few dodos and a parasaur. I could've just spawned in highlands but wanted to get a boat going (no leeds yay!) this time around.

 

Spent a few hours going through the motions, made a boat and farmed up enough to make it fully stone. I found out about the height limit on boats and had to remake it :Jerbmad: hours of my noob life taken away from me. Awhile after, phase 1 of d1nkleboat is complete! I wanted a boat that wasnt a pain to drive but still had function and safety. This boat is raises off the platform with pillars, a small hut for the driver and a few boxes with a 4x6 area uptop. 2x6 for the housing and 2x6 for a small enclosed argy taming pen / small dino taming pen once I get a hatch door installed. We will see how it works out next time im on and have time to play! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Taming those snails was great. I’ll always have more paste than obsidian which is what I farmed today. Made a few thousand polymer and farmed thousands of metal to start my underwater tek base project.

I haven’t found a location yet, but anyone on Ragnarok that has a suggestion, please do share.

The grindiest part of the resource gathering has to be the black pearls, even for Rag. I keep forgetting to do a run every session but now I’ll have to.

While the material nerf was greatly appreciated, vacuum compartments are still depressingly expensive in bulk.

How familiar are you with the underwater on Ragnarok?

There is a huge underwater cave NW of Viking Bay, with an air bubble, metal, and crystal, and even a place you can put a platform.   The cave entrance is huge, but if you build a base to fill the gap, leaving an opening to swim tames through, it is a great place to store water mounts.

Also NW of Viking Bay, but not as deep, is a small all underwater cave.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89
41 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

How familiar are you with the underwater on Ragnarok?

There is a huge underwater cave NW of Viking Bay, with an air bubble, metal, and crystal, and even a place you can put a platform.   The cave entrance is huge, but if you build a base to fill the gap, leaving an opening to swim tames through, it is a great place to store water mounts.

Also NW of Viking Bay, but not as deep, is a small all underwater cave.   

Good shout. I found that cave by mistake when I used the land bridge nearby to trap and tame a Mosa.

It’s incredibly flat inside so I’ll save my resources for the vacuum base for now and have a little play with that space.

Thanks. Totally forgot about that cave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm on Aberration 380 and so today was much like any day in that I struggled to do basic things while rubber-banding all over the place.  I lost my favourite light pet to the pink due to lag.  (Which was really my fault, I should never have been in the drake nest area under those circumstances)  :(  Ah well, we're assured that it's being worked on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Good shout. I found that cave by mistake when I used the land bridge nearby to trap and tame a Mosa.

It’s incredibly flat inside so I’ll save my resources for the vacuum base for now and have a little play with that space.

Thanks. Totally forgot about that cave.

If you can get an anky down there, it is a really good spot for a metal mining and processing setup; some good notes under the water, along the wall, plus the ones around the edge of the cave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox - Player Dedi. - Ragnarok

Well, did quite a bit over the weekend. Most importantly, found my wife another otter after alot of searching, ironically wasn't really looking for one at that moment, we were looking for a Theri.

Let me see... tamed a 130 Theri (pain in the butt) two high lvl Tek Stegos, a male and female lvl 140 Allo and a few Pachyrhinos. Also built a MASSIVE wall around me tree house base, probably took like 300 or so stone walls to complete.

Sick of leaving base and coming back to my dinos in the group huddle of destruction.

Oh, also poked around in the ice cave after getting oil and starred in an episode of When Bears Attack! Haha

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a little time yesterday, furnished my boat and gathered up supplies for an expedition to the Highlands. Once there (after passing many laggy bases!) I found a nice beach to shore on and took off on foot in search of a high level ptera and some sheep for easy mutton. Right off the beach there was a level 50 purple trike, knocked it out and set to tame as I explored. I was near the highland cave when I saw a giga in the distance. It wasnt moving so I figured it was tamed.. yeah no. I evaded it onto a beached dolphin i tamed that was glitched in the river.

 

Found a 150 ptera, knocked it out and tamed it. Went back to the boat and made up a saddle, threw my purple trike on my boat, parked the ptera and logged off for the night. Theres an alpha squid (near the surface??) Near my boat, a little freaky but I figured im safe for the night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Theres an alpha squid (near the surface??)

PM coords. I’ll take my Basil out when I jump on next. It should make for an interesting story while I’m out underwater cave diving :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved my stuff to my new base SE off redwood forest.

Tried to get my trap raft there, got stuck on the LAST narrow/shallow part before i had open water to my base.

Decided to build a trap close to my base. Just finished it and spotted a lvl 120 rex across the river. Lured it in and tranqed it.

Waitet about 30min then collected some prime meat and just when i was putting the meat in his inventory, a Therizino ran in to my trap (ramps on the outside) and killed the rex while hitting me.

Jumped on my argy and wrecked him.

Was about to log off when there was a pink rex across the water. 

It was only a lvl 50, but she is mine now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

PM coords. I’ll take my Basil out when I jump on next. It should make for an interesting story while I’m out underwater cave diving :)

Dont know coords, was between black sand beach and the highlands cave, literally right near surface (near the shore)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Dont know coords, was between black sand beach and the highlands cave, literally right near surface (near the shore)

I've seen a Tuso spawn around that same area once. Was so close to the surface it's tentacles were breaking the surface of the water.

Was only a level 15, so I attacked it and it never moved. Guess it was glitched. Scared the hell out of me when I first saw it though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...