So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

50 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Lol it's Ark, everyone does no matter how many hours you have. I just hit 3700 in this game and while I don't (often) die to my own stupidity like my tribemate, it still only takes a second of inattention or distraction. I've at least gotten to the point where I don't lose stuff or animals all that often anymore, which is why I was anger-panicking at the idea of losing my fresh bred saber to the server taking a dump.

Speaking of, last night was a short but productive day.

My time zone challenged tribemate M was on so I hopped on as soon as I got home from work and asked if he wanted to do a cave run. He was excited to have the chance, and my other tribemate P also logged in shortly after I did. So we had mate boosted cats, one bred one wild tame, and one wild tamed bary for caving. What I don't understand is how I've been in that cave more than anyone else but my cat is still the lowest level animal in the group lol. Then again she was only a 202. Still don't have a name for her, want it to be swamp related but not silly.

Anyway, after making sure everyone had all the gear they needed and herding everyone to the cave, while looking up for thylas, man I can't find a single one when I'm hunting for them but go caving and they're on every other tree...anyway. M was freaked out a little bit by the first giant dragonfly swarm, which is understandable. I may have internally panicked a little bit the first time I encountered them (solo, no less) myself. We were making good progress, about halfway in when...tribemate P accidentally dismounts his bary midfight. You can guess what happened. I picked up his microraptor, shoved his gear in the bary and we walked it back out of the cave again. P did the naked run of shame through the swamp to get back, impressive in that he survived and made good time. Back in again.

Blue drop, stone pick. Woo. Yellow and red crates also filled with disappointment, though I can't remember what they were now. Then we hit up the artifact, while I was grabbing it the red crate respawned. M got it and told me to look in my saber when I got back. Ok, I'm both apprehensive and excited now. He's either trolling me with a stupid drop or it's something ridiculously amazing. Get back to my saber, jump on, and check my inventory. Spino saddle ok not bad...wait it's light blue, that's not primitive. Ascendant spino saddle. Yes! We are a spino tribe so this is a huge, huge find for us. Individually no one really does things like run caves so we don't often hold even mastercraft, never mind ascendant gear. Hence why I'm organizing events for the tribe like this.

Pressure's on now though, the mission is to not die while carrying this saddle. Oh I remember now, one of those other crates was a mastercraft regular bow. 

Anyway. The artifact did not respawn for some reason so we ended up leaving with just two and the saddle. Still a good run. Once we got out P effed off to go do whatever P does, it's just one of his things. That left M and I to safely navigate our way home through thyla infested trees. Yeah. I was so busy looking up trying to avoid death by tree cat, I didn't see a certain small, aggravating animal lurking nearby. Then some of my arrows disappeared, I was robbed! And then my artifact was stolen too, it was the only other thing on me because you can't put them in animal inventory anymore. Seriously? That's incredibly frustrating. At least we weren't actively hunting the artifacts right now but still, that's just mean.

The saddle was in my cat's inventory fortunately, because I'm not an idiot and the cat is clearly much more likely to survive than I am. As soon as we were safely inside the gates I sure did make sure I got that saddle straight into what is currently our only vault. Not putting that on any of our current spinos, going to wait until we've got at least a decent bred one. If I'm being honest with myself, that saddle has Smaug's name on it for once I rebreed him back into existence. By the obs I miss that spino, he was my alpha slaying world destroyer, the only thing he couldn't take was a giga. Then the major stat nerf hit..lost him to a server wipe actually.

By that point I had a headache, probably from a long day at work honestly, so I called it early for the night after a short failed scouting run for some basils. I am still quite pleased with how things turned out, even if we only ended up with 1 artifact.

That is brilliant. Would love to read this instead of my morning newspaper. Well done

Well, my day...

it was yesterday, actually. 

After we managed to get 10 bred Rexes and a few bred Allos to the green ob from herb island, we started the easy Broodmother fight and surprisingly we've won. To our dismay, we found out that we only got 10 element in exchange for two dead Rexes and no more Allos after being tp'd out. 

We decided to try medium aswell, we had the artifacts ready and just needed a few more talons and teeth. 

I flew back home to get the artifacts and more Rexes, and my mates stated farming said items. I was back at the ob first and waited for the others. 

Well, here goes the not expected part. While waiting below the Rexes with the artifacts still in my inventory, I heard a smack followed by big red letters that enlighten me that I've been killed by (insert name) of tribe xy.

I didn't lose much, JM compound bow and about 400 arrows some good and water. Alas, I sure did lose something of value - the artifacts!

All of this ended with a semi raid against said tribe, who then went offline mid-fight to enable ORP and get out unharmed. 

We brought the Rexes back home and hatched a few more eggs. A chair and few beer sure help after such a day. 

10 hours ago, Cymas said:

Lol it's Ark, everyone does no matter how many hours you have. I just hit 3700 in this game and while I don't (often) die to my own stupidity like my tribemate, it still only takes a second of inattention or distraction. I've at least gotten to the point where I don't lose stuff or animals all that often anymore, which is why I was anger-panicking at the idea of losing my fresh bred saber to the server taking a dump.

Speaking of, last night was a short but productive day.

My time zone challenged tribemate M was on so I hopped on as soon as I got home from work and asked if he wanted to do a cave run. He was excited to have the chance, and my other tribemate P also logged in shortly after I did. So we had mate boosted cats, one bred one wild tame, and one wild tamed bary for caving. What I don't understand is how I've been in that cave more than anyone else but my cat is still the lowest level animal in the group lol. Then again she was only a 202. Still don't have a name for her, want it to be swamp related but not silly.

Anyway, after making sure everyone had all the gear they needed and herding everyone to the cave, while looking up for thylas, man I can't find a single one when I'm hunting for them but go caving and they're on every other tree...anyway. M was freaked out a little bit by the first giant dragonfly swarm, which is understandable. I may have internally panicked a little bit the first time I encountered them (solo, no less) myself. We were making good progress, about halfway in when...tribemate P accidentally dismounts his bary midfight. You can guess what happened. I picked up his microraptor, shoved his gear in the bary and we walked it back out of the cave again. P did the naked run of shame through the swamp to get back, impressive in that he survived and made good time. Back in again.

Blue drop, stone pick. Woo. Yellow and red crates also filled with disappointment, though I can't remember what they were now. Then we hit up the artifact, while I was grabbing it the red crate respawned. M got it and told me to look in my saber when I got back. Ok, I'm both apprehensive and excited now. He's either trolling me with a stupid drop or it's something ridiculously amazing. Get back to my saber, jump on, and check my inventory. Spino saddle ok not bad...wait it's light blue, that's not primitive. Ascendant spino saddle. Yes! We are a spino tribe so this is a huge, huge find for us. Individually no one really does things like run caves so we don't often hold even mastercraft, never mind ascendant gear. Hence why I'm organizing events for the tribe like this.

Pressure's on now though, the mission is to not die while carrying this saddle. Oh I remember now, one of those other crates was a mastercraft regular bow. 

Anyway. The artifact did not respawn for some reason so we ended up leaving with just two and the saddle. Still a good run. Once we got out P effed off to go do whatever P does, it's just one of his things. That left M and I to safely navigate our way home through thyla infested trees. Yeah. I was so busy looking up trying to avoid death by tree cat, I didn't see a certain small, aggravating animal lurking nearby. Then some of my arrows disappeared, I was robbed! And then my artifact was stolen too, it was the only other thing on me because you can't put them in animal inventory anymore. Seriously? That's incredibly frustrating. At least we weren't actively hunting the artifacts right now but still, that's just mean.

The saddle was in my cat's inventory fortunately, because I'm not an idiot and the cat is clearly much more likely to survive than I am. As soon as we were safely inside the gates I sure did make sure I got that saddle straight into what is currently our only vault. Not putting that on any of our current spinos, going to wait until we've got at least a decent bred one. If I'm being honest with myself, that saddle has Smaug's name on it for once I rebreed him back into existence. By the obs I miss that spino, he was my alpha slaying world destroyer, the only thing he couldn't take was a giga. Then the major stat nerf hit..lost him to a server wipe actually.

By that point I had a headache, probably from a long day at work honestly, so I called it early for the night after a short failed scouting run for some basils. I am still quite pleased with how things turned out, even if we only ended up with 1 artifact.

My story, I mined some metal solo quetzal style. Mined some obsidian and crystal and oil also solo quetzal style. Had someone come to base to click the button for industrial forge. Freaked out while he was in base, because its admin only on doors and didn't want to trap him in here, and was worried someone with bad intent would come in. (even though its been a really safe server and I'm in a decent spot, he also rode over on a wyvern.) And then I made 10 more sweet veggie cakes on top of the ones that same guy had given me last night and I tamed 4 Achatina. That all took me like 3-4 hours. No fun in my stories....at least for now. My base is almost built up and industrial, then I can go on fun crazy adventures in caves on my center server.

I'm afraid my story today won't be all that compelling. I got stuck in traffic and ended up getting home much later than usual, which also means less time to play. I only have a max of about 3 hours on a good night, assuming I do nothing else but Ark.

Anyway. Despite the delay we did go for our evening swamp cave run once everyone was assembled. P yolo'd it through the Redwoods and not gonna lie, I just followed him. If there was a thyla around it would have jumped on him first, so I could kill it while it killed him, lol. I'm not above sacrificing my tribemates when the situation calls for it. ;) In fairness I do remind people to look up, not my fault when they don't.

Our cave run did go significantly faster than yesterday. A combination of confidence, experience, and lack of accidental dismounts contributed heavily in our favor. Drops were underwhelming, no surprise ascendant gear today. One mastercraft Trike saddle, one journeyman Trike saddle, one Auto Turret BP and a journeyman flak helmet were our spoils, not including two more artifacts. Both of which actually made it home this time, no pegos around to snipe them.

Having completed that and made it safely back within the city walls, I moved on to my next goal of the evening: whalespotting. Took a spino instead of my quetz. It's a very strange feeling to me to be unsettled while in the water. For a long time the spino was the unchallenged king of the seas, but with jellyfish and eels lurking I just don't feel safe anymore. The first spino I ever lost in combat died to a pack of jellyfish because I didn't expect to be completely stunlocked and couldn't react fast enough to save her. So I am wary and keep close to the surface and the shore, in case we need to retreat.

I found not a single whale. Plenty of mantas, sharks and icthys, and I swear I saw an eel that somehow didn't aggro us, but nothing of interest in terms of levels or species. Went all the way out to herb island and back, too. They're either deeper than I'm willing to go with my spino right now, or not in this part of the map right now.

Meanwhile, P started taming a couple of icthys for disposable aquatics so we at least have something. As will surprise no one in my tribe, he died to jellyfish a short time later. Yeah, I don't know either. He doesn't die every time we're on at the same time, but I'd bet real money he has more deaths than the rest of us combined. I fished his microraptor out of our sea pen on my way back in for the night. How that thing is still alive is a mystery of the Ark.

Some days are just average and part of the routine.

Well I had big ambitions last night that fizzled out in a combo of being tired and getting started later than I wanted due to getting caught up in a movie. 

Backstory: I have been unable to find megalosaurs anywhere (even godmoded through a coupleof caves the hunt to find one) so I spawned in a couple of fertilized eggs to see how I like the beasties. I'll probably use them as strategic night guards, or just keep them around cause they're adorable with their muttonchop fluff. Plus, low leveled so if I DO lose them, no big. If I'm really fond, I'll actually spawn in a couple of grown ones to tame.

To continue...my three surviving megalosaurs had all rebounded back to baby and juvie stage from adolescent to baby stage, and all reverted back to the "default" color. Hrmmm. So I waited around to make sure there was no feeding glitch issues and then threw some rando colors and body areas into a list generator and used admin color command to get them out of the "default" colors. With the exception of the male who lucked out on albino and light brown shades, the other two aren't REMARKABLE, but not ugly either. 

That taken care of, bred another ptera in my just started color mutation line. Ended up just like mom, so I'll breed her back to dad or see if I can get a male sib to breed to. Still trying to get the black wings in there.

Looked at the stego/parasaur enclosure thats not finished. Thought about finishing it but then thought, meh. Then suddenly remembered the cool looking steogo that was on my beach. I went to check it out and sure enough, female! I got ready to tame and then the Troodon Nation attacked. Thankfully I was on Freighter to grab the stego so I dropped them off the coast as a gift to four hungry megalodons hanging out. Decided to do a quick check out of the beach, round the corner and GLOWY EYED BSTARDS EVERYWHERE. Like...SWARMS of them. Plunked all their horrid little selves into the ocean and fed up the fishies. One was a super pretty white female but I already have one that's white and grey from a spawned egg. She moved on to damper pastures.

Go back to the stego and find a raptor chewing on everything. I had to stop and do a double take...he is such a pale shade of green with white that I thought for a moment, an alpha was raiding my beaches. I'm a sucker for nice colors, and he tamed out at decent 11-something. Not too bad and really awesome colors on him.

Saw a tapejara stuck on the cliffside. It's been the best way to get those guys so far. Plunked a dart in it, and it magicked into the cliff. Alrighty. 

Remembered the stego, but wasn't feeling up to another beach run. Spent some time chewing on it, but in the end decided to spawn in a thyla. No regrets. I love him. Came in at level 88...not great but kibble tame helped that (thank you zealous over spawning of titanoboas on my map!) and even at a lower level...yowza. I love my drop kitty. Freaking amazing. And he came in a neat dusky blue, red, and cream. Probably going to spawn a couple more tonight cause why not.

I had a noob moment yesterday. I was tired, that was my excuse.

I decided to tame another 145 Ptera to continue my research into Old v New Pteras and which are better. Now, I am lvl 74 but am still very much new to this tamin lark as ive levelled up mainly by killing things with my bear and my last Ptera. All our tames generally come when my tribe partner and I have done them together or we have claimed from timed out bases.

I saw this 145 Ptera and as usual, no special colourings (never seem to when they are high level). I had 5 bolas, 100 narcs and Dodo Kibble. I threw the bola and saw them wrap around the bird. Then I threw another, nothing happened, and then another, nothing happened. I walked up to it, removed the bola from the Ptera and it flew away and left me somewhat perplexed.

For the next 30 mins, I flew around looking for another and not one in sight. An hour later my tribemate logged on and instantly said - oh, there is a 145 Ptera by our base. I looked up and recognised it. Then explained that it might be bugged and proceeded to tell my tale. Tribemate burst into laughter over Teamspeak, 'what's wrong?' I asked. He kindly reminded me to shoot it with tranq arrows - numpty! 

I was tired and had looked on the dodo calc which another post kindly pointed to and for some reason it was discussing how many bolas I needed for a Ptera. I guess it totally made me forget about tranq'ing the bleeding bird.

By then it was too late, I was tired and my bed was calling me. Tonight however, that bird (or if there is a 150) is MIIIIINE!

• Haha 1

Boy, I love reading these posts.  I know I'm not alone in getting frustrated.

So, last night, after the struggle with the building got to me, I decided to have a nice relaxing night of just doing random stuff.

Loaded up my game, checked the troughs (habit.  I know they haven't eaten anything, but it's just something I do.), checked the forges.  Crap, getting almost done.  I need some obsidian as well for polymer.  Alright, trip to Whitesky it is.  Get the 3 quetz out, form up the train, got a level up.  What!  Ok, either the classic flyers mod is goofed or WC has messed with the weight multipliers.   My 34k weight spawned in lvl15k quetz is down to 7k weight. The others(wild tamed) are down as well.  Well, this is gonna be a long night.  Ok, 2-3k obsidian will do me for a while and 5k metal will take a bit to refine, so I'll roll with it.  Whistle to follow and head to Whitesky.  At least I still have stamina, so the trip out only takes a few minutes.  Wind up collecting about 4k obsidian between the two lower lvl Q, fill up 6k metal on the lead one, form the train, take off.  Check to make sure all Q are accounted for.  Check.  Get back to base, missing one Q.  Ugh.  Throw the metal in the forges, empty the Q that made it back and park it in the barn, head back toward Whitesky, find the errant Q just past the volcano.  Apparently it was loaded slightly closer to its maximum and fell behind.  Land at volcano, transfer the mats to my main Q, get back to base and park them.  Tear down some of the walls I put up, still disgusted with the snap points.  Decide to say screw it, grab my JM longneck and some max torpor darts, my asc six gun and crossbow along with some kibbles, mejos and rare flowers, then head off into the jungle to see what I can find.  Cross the river and run onto a lvl 116 lystro.  I don't have one of these.  Tame him, take him home.  Go back, run into a lvl 104 dodo.  Eh, why not.  Another useless bird in the shed, but oh well.  Back again, run into a pack of pegos, begin killing.  Get robbed, you little...oh, lvl 104 male.  Replace the mejos I keep in my 0 slot, kill all the other pegos I see.  Three stacks later(yes, I've bumped taming speed) I have a new annoying pet.  Take him home.  Well, I set out for a bronto or something like that.  So far I've made it about 500 yards from the base.  Start tranqing random dinos, checking levels and killing crap ones.  Ran across a lvl 90 compy.  Why not.  Shoulder pet.  Headed up the mountain, nothing much here.  Mate boosted female monkey.  Not great, lvl 32.  Sneak up, feed it, it spooks, crap.  Lvl 60 compy runs up, fair enough.  Knock it out, game starts lagging, DILO, OH BLOODY HELL!  Trike being pursued by 5 raptors, who switch aggro to me.  TRANQS!  Whew.  Yeah, took some damage on that one.  Not fun when that comes flying over a rock right on top of your head.  None of the raptors are worth crap, six gun time.  At least I can take some meat home, same for the trike, lvl 8.  Find out the compy was killed in the mix.  Oh well.  Crap, so was my shoulder pet.  Hear something coming.  What now?  Theri.  Sigh.  Got it down before  it got close.  Lvl 4, you're dinner too.  Pop a few more low lvl pteras and such.  Walk around a bit seeing if I can find that bloody monkey.  I hear one, hunt down a lvl 4 male in between rocks.  Shoot it in the head.  I'm not in a generous mood at this point.  Go farther up the mountain, couple more Theri and such, nothing worth taming.  Hey, a bronto, lvl 12, crap.  Go back to base, decide to walk along the beach, another bronto, lvl 4.  Head toward the swamp.  Why not, maybe I'll find a rex or something.  I've really gotta get moved up to the green obi.  Nothing of note this way, which is odd.  Go back home, check things, make 2 new fridges to store raw meat, shut down.  Next item I gotta gather, cementing paste, ugh.

Well, woke up yesterday morning with severe stomach ache so phoned in work sick, sat in my chair with a hot water bottle feeling sorry for myself for a bit, then decided I may as well hop into Ark. So logged in, no idea what to do, so just hopped on the Argy and start flying in a random direction which took me to the edge of the swamp, grabbed the first thing I saw, 140 male frog. That'll do. Flew it back to base and the taming pen, got him tamed up, then took him for a run around my base to see what he could do. very first thing I attacked on him, 150 female Parasaur. Now I've had a couple of 150 males for ages, but never been able to find a female, except in a death message when I wasn't paying attention, so this was ideal. Chased her up against the wall of my base, licked her unconscious (oo-err) and stuck some crops on her, bit of narc and when I was sure I could leave her to tame off I went again. Still not feeling great, I was absent mindedly flying around the edge of the swamp once more, landed for stamina and a Mantis jumped me (I have the Scorched Earth+ mod) just about to start attacking it, when I noticed 150... flit up. Crap. I've been after a high level mantis for a while, didn't really want to be bothered with it right now but damned if I was passing it up. Half flying and half walking I sort of baited it down along the coast closer to my base on Herbi Island, taking a whole heap of damage and killing as much as I could to keep it focused on me. Finally got close enough and with not much around that I felt I could go grab a Quetz, hopped over, came back on the Q and bugger, Mantis nowhere to be seen. Searched all around the area where I left him, no where. Decided I couldn't be arsed and started flying back to base, only to see the damn thing in the water attacking Mantas! Scooped him up, dropped him in the taming pen after about 6 attempts, and muttering went back to base to suit up with Ghillie and apply the bug spray. Stepped into the taming pen and attempted the first feed, and couldn't. No sign of Press E to feed, no matter how I came at him. Damn, went back and got the Quetz, lifted him out, dropped him on the beach and let him go work his angst off on a couple of trikes. Landed a bit away and snuck up behind him, and still no sign of the feed prompt. For nigh on an hour I tried this, in different areas, in the pen out the pen, aggro'd not aggro'd, just could not feed him for love nor money. My stomach was still killing me and I was fed up, so in the end dropped him in the pen, God mode on, Dotame, dumped Deathworm horns on the floor, done, computer off and I went to sleep. Logged back in later in the night and decided to take one of my whales out for a bit, and blimey! The seas were jam packed, I ran into a lvl 90 Alpha Mosa straight away, and settled down to the long boring task of killing her. For those who don't know how to kill an Alpha Mosa with a Basilo, you can finagle it so that you're on the Mosa's back, biting between it's shoulder blades. It will keep trying to bite you and therefore won't move, and won't be able to hit you at all, or at least not very often, then just bite away. So it was just a case of finding the sweet spot, and then engaging the auto clicker and waiting for what felt like forever. Once that was done and that lovely pile of black pearls collected, I went on my way, there were whales everywhere, Mosas and Plesi galore, so many Dunkies like I've never seen. Unfortunately everything was a really low level, didn't see a single thing with 3 figures, so after killing another Alpha Mosa, just a level 5 this time, I headed back home and unloaded, and hit the hay.

Today was my day off, so I decided to head back into the sea to see if it was as jammed as yesterday, and unfortunately, it wasn't. After doing a whole lap of the island I'd only found a couple of squids, and again all the interesting things were low levels, although I did manage to accidentally kill a 150 shark that was underneath me when I was attack a lvl 5 Mosa. Eventually though I spotted a 145 Angler, another female unfortunately when I'd have preferred a male to mate with my 145 female I tamed a couple of days ago, but beggers can't be choosers, so I cleared the area and hopped off my whale and started bowing her down, getting her to drop on the worlds edge. Swimming back to my Basil though, disaster struck! Ninja camouflaged squid came out of nowhere and grabbed me. Nothing I could do, game over man. Respawned, grabbed my spare scuba gear, hopped on one of the other whales and raced slowly back to find my original whale under siege from 2 plesis, a bunch of eels, couple of sharks and Anglers. Not really a problem as my whales can handle that shiz, so dealt with them, then went and tacked down the despair squid and took care of him. Couldn't find any of my gear though. Not really a problem as I have the BP's to replace it all, but it does mean grinding for mats which I'd rather not bother with, but never mind. Got back to my Angler tame with barely any time to spare, her torpor was under 100 so dosed her up and settled in to wait. That done I decided I'd had enough of the water for one day, I had noticed earlier though that I'd been steadily accumulating Carno eggs without noticing, and that meant that I could tame up a couple of wolves. So fur on and up to the snow I fly on my best argent, Scruff. Nothing decent from the first few packs, then as I swooped down to pluck another one up, raptor! Purlovia dismounts me right into the middle of about 6 wolves and itself. So I go to draw my trusty Pike, and bugger! I haven't replaced it from earlier, then I hear a stomping as a rex decides to weigh in as well, so frantically whistling follow I start to run, luckily everything seems more interested in my bird than me so I get a bit of clean snow between me and the pack. Scruff finally comes to her senses and heads towards me, and with an almighty leap I get back aboard her, plunge into the middle of the melee, and hit right click. After a bit of a struggle to get free I look behind to see if I managed to grab anything, and sure enough I did, a 140 male wolf, pure white with just dark paws and the tip of its tail! Absolutely beautiful, So I head home with my prize and drop him in the pen, ko, and up he tames! Not a remarkably good wolf, decent health, but not much in the way of melee and Stam, but he looks gorgeous. I name him Spectre, and decide on a whim to go and see if I can find him a girlfriend. After heading three quarters of the way into the snow, and killing god knows how many wolves, thankfully without incident this time. I decide that's enough and start heading home. I ignore a load more wolves but one catches my eye, another pure white one with just a dark tail tip. An almost carbon copy of Spectre, so on the the off chance I swoop down and grab it, and it's only a bloody 140 female! Unbelievable! So I head home with her and get her tamed up, and she comes out with almost exact mirror stats to her new mate, she has low health, but great melee and stamina! She gets dubbed Blizzard, and tomorrow I'll be mating them up and starting a whole pack of white wolves.

20170419212209_1.jpg

• Like 2

Well, today didn't quite go as planned. M wasn't able to play tonight, and P was late coming home from work so I ended up with some time on the server alone. I bred my ankys and also a pair of spinos, slowly building up that stock for weekend hatching. I still need to figure out what to do with my brontos, and my allos are just a mess, I need to really spend some time documenting and re-pairing them up. The downside to working on projects for a long time and getting lazy about keeping records.

Once I did that I decided to work on a high priority tribe goal and took my shark out for a swim. He is cleverly named Quint, and is basically a trash tame, a shark I tamed a very long time ago before we really had any aquatics. No one would miss him if he died so I was fine with potentially sacrificing him. We took a swim out to South Haven in search of the elusive whales, this time deep enough to annoy a couple of plesis and nope the heck away from some eels. Saw some dunks and angler fish, and a leed, but not a single whale. Hm.

On the way back into the pen an icthy actually followed us. Low level, completely useless, but I tamed it anyway in case we need something super disposable in the future, potentially for the recovery of a more important tame. Named him Flipper.

Wasn't sure when P would be around and had some time to kill, so I gathered up a bunch of wild dodos with Val and dumped them all on our lighthouse deck. Then I went afk and did some chores while they did their thing and pooped out some bunny eggs. Didn't get enough, was hoping to prank M with one of the costume items. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

P finally got on, very late, and said he was still up for a swamp cave run. We both did a kind of crap job stocking our mounts with meats and headed off. He was ahead of me, I was so busy looking up I got super turned around and felt like a noob. Finally made it and in we went, all business tonight. We skipped the blue crate and even the artifact, just straight in, yellow crate, journeyman raptor saddle, red crate, electrical bp, and back out again. Meh. Maybe we can sell/trade the saddle.

P found a unicorn while he was out doing whatever it is he does. Low level female, not interested. Called it in chat but no one else was available/interested, oddly enough. As far as I know we're the only tribe who has any so far. Well, whatever. The next unicorn I tame will be a decent level male to go with my 140 female so I can breed some battlecorns.

Gave P the pretty iguanadon I tamed last week, I like her but I'm never going to do anything with her, and I'd rather she have an owner who might occasionally ride her around at least.

Then he logged and M also logged off of Steam, leaving me alone. Honestly sometimes this is my favorite time of night, when it's me on my own in the city. Not because I don't like my tribemates, but because it gives me some time to do some of the smaller, quieter tasks. I rearranged our armory a little to make room for artifacts and the other boss summon mats, then went around collecting up whatever I could find to move into the repurposed boxes. Then I spent some time in the workshop cleaning, putting things away in the boxes, and moving things to and from the warehouse just to keep things neat and fully stocked. I didn't do all of it, but a little at a time really makes a huge difference, especially with crafting stations. There are always BPs, leftover mats and random gear in them so I try to go through and pick that all up once in awhile.

Pretty much out of time at that point, so I logged for the night and came here.

After the frustration of the other night and forgetting how to tame I went on the look for my 145/150 Ptera. I had my arrows with me this time, narcs, kibble and bola. I spent a good hour flying around in the near vicinity of my base - nothing. I saw a lvl 120 but that was no help to anyone and my question to research whether the pre-nerf bird are better than new tames is still not happening.

So, I filled my troughs, went and collected Metal - firstly I went with a Dode before realising I needed my Anky (only a 184 so really need to replace it soon) but came back and made about 1.5k ingots.

I took my bear on a little killing spree and lvlled her up to 245 (she was born as a 203 so not sure how many levels she has left).

I then took my new Ptera out and lvlled her to 235 before I decided to make some caving armour and added some colour. Ive my MC/EPIC Iron gear which Ive gone Red/Black - this is my pretty gear but I just wanted some black Iron gear that i dont mind losing if I die.

I'd been on about 3 hrs by now and had lost interest without any of my tribemates on to have some fun with. The server chat is ok, and they reply to me but they seem mainly to keep themselves to their own little groups. 

Oh well, perhaps Ill have some better luck tonight when I get home.

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

I took my bear on a little killing spree and lvlled her up to 245 (she was born as a 203 so not sure how many levels she has left).

It's 71 post-tame levels (~2.5m XP max). So she would end up as level 274, but that's highly unlikely due to the minuscule amount of progress at the last 5-10 levels. 

Only thing I truly maxed is a frog, tamed from a 150. Using him in the swamp cave with an ascended saddle is amazing. 

17 minutes ago, maze said:

It's 71 post-tame levels (~2.5m XP max). So she would end up as level 274, but that's highly unlikely due to the minuscule amount of progress at the last 5-10 levels. 

Only thing I truly maxed is a frog, tamed from a 150. Using him in the swamp cave with an ascended saddle is amazing. 

Thanks Maze, I knew it was around 70. She was our Tribes first bred animals and we got a pair of 203's. Both Bears are 245 now, 5k hp and 525% melee which seems to work really well. Will attempt to breed again at some point to see if we can score even higher.

I've been thinking a lot today about my plans for tonight. I dont think Ill have a long session so I will possibly run over to the MJ cave on the Centre and allow my Bear to annihilate anything that moves. 

Well, what a day! Logged in and first thing I did was mate the two 140 wolves that I tamed up yesterday, then made preps for the baby, built a couple of fridges, took the Theri out to gather some meat, filled all the fridges and troughs, took the Bary out to get some fish, cooked all that up, and generally took care of stuff. Then I had a bit of time to kill, so I decided I may as well head back into the snow and see if I could find another decent wolf or two. Didn't take very long, a 145 male, dark grey, not great stats, but a really good oxygen so I decided I may as well add him to the gene pool, and named him Storm. Headed back up, again really quickly found a 135 female. Knocked her out and checked the stats, really junky, nothing decent at all. I was also low on kibble, and a junky wolf certainly wasn't worth slaughtering a sheep for. Then waited for the baby to pop, and when it did it was a crushing disappointment. It had literally inherited every one of the worst stats from Blizzard and Spectre, and not only that but it had a random mutation of red feet! Looked awful, was awful, so I took him back out to the woodshed and told his parents that unfortunately he was just too weak. I'm sure they understood. For something to do I headed back into the snow again, and again very quickly found yet another 145 male wolf. KO'd him and checked the stats, really good melee and stam. This one was worth slaughtering a sheep for so as he starved, I brought my lowest level ram and the Theri out to the taming pen, then when his food had dropped enough I piked the poor bleater and harvested the corpse with the Theri. I sliiiiiightly misunderestimated exactly how much raw mutton I'd get by doing this. After feeding the wolf, who I dubbed Mist I now had 245 raw mutton remaining! Quickly I knocked up a couple of S+ fridges and filled them up, and cooked off the odd 45 for later. I was now on a mission, I had stacks of mutton to use and a wolf pack to build. I headed back into the snow and tamed every single 3 figure wolf I could find. I must have done at least 20. If they didn't have at least one outstanding stat after tame then they got culled. Annoyingly, Storm and Mist, the very first two were still the outstanding males after all this, and the highest level female I had found was a 135. Her and a 130 were the best two females, and by best, not particularly good at all. Still the 130 was another white girl, I called her Sleet, and the 135 was a lovely caramel colour who I called Dawn. It did mean though that all my best stats except weight were on the male side of the pack. Whilst I was culling and taming wolves, I also had a fight over a corpse with a gorgeous 145 female Argent. All black with just a red head crest. I had to have her so I lured her on to the nearest Iceburg and got her down. She tamed up with a better health and weight then my current best Argent. Calling her Midnight, I regretfully sent Scruff to live in the birdhouse, and she took over as my main bird. I mated up Mist and Sleet and took Midnight out looking for more wolves. Forgetting that as a fresh tame her stamina wasn't anywhere near as good as Scruffs, I kept getting caught in bad situations, at one point stunned by a Purlovia and caught between a 135 Rex, a Rock Elemental a pack of wolves and gawd knows what else. I barely made it out of that melee with about 20 health left. A few levels later and it got easier. The supply of high level wolves was drying up though, I couldn't seem to find anything now in 3 figures. I called it for a bit and had some tea whilst I waited for the pup to pop. Logged back in just in time, and joy of joys, this one had inherited every good stat from its parents. Unfortunately it got its dads grey colours, and was yet another male. I fed him up until I felt comfortable leaving him, and decide screw it, I'm going back out and not coming home again until I've found a 150 wolf. I've yet to see a single one, and I still have shed loads of mutton left, this was it, no more compromises, 150 or bust.

3 hours later. I've been around the snow biome so many times I'm dizzy. I've killed so, so many wolves. I've managed to find a shed load of explorer notes and Midnight now surpasses Scruff in every respect and is the best Argent I've ever owned. But still no 150 wolf. I've dived into melees and rescued wolves from under the noses of rexes, and from being stomped by mammoths and all sorts. I'm fed up and incredulous that I cannot find a single bloody 150 wolf from all the ones I've seen. I keep saying one last pack and if I don't find one I'm giving up. One more pack turns into two more packs turns into three more packs... The stubborn head is well and truly on. I pick up a 145 male wolf. Bugger, sod it, I don't need any more males, and it's not a 150. So I kill him, I note that he's mate boosted as I do so and look around for the female. Can't see her anywhere. I look over the edge of the cliff and there she is, stuck down the side in a crevice. Another lovely white one, 'if only' I think to myself, so I swoop down and pick her up and engage auto click. The I realise what the hell I'm doing! This is it, the elusive 150, and I've half bloody killed her already! So in a panic I drop her into the water. Stupid, stupid Kraken. She seems to be fine though so I land and regain stamina, take a deep breath then swoop down to grab her fully expecting to miss, hit the water and be dismounted, but no! I emerge victorious with her in my grasp and it's off to the taming pen we go. Now I've been going through a period of getting 150's with less than spectacular stats, so I was a bit pensive after koing her and plugging hers into the calculator, but they were good, not mind blowing but really solid all around. Big sigh of relief. She tamed up with just shy of 1000 more health then my next best! Hallelujah! With that, I logged, I'm knackered! I need to have a good think on a name for her. Even after I breed up some super wolves, I think she'll be the pack matriarch. The group shot here from left to right is Midnight, Blizzard, Spectre, Storm, Dawn, Mist and Sleet, taken before the pup was born and I got the 150.

20170420202711_1.jpg

Edited by Kraken

Here is my story from yesterday evening. After coming home and have a little rest, I decided to head on to my own official server. I was then still unsure what to do, but very quick I decided to visit all our bases to feed the animals there. So first I emptied little Rexi from his meat and fish from the day before and filled the troughs in the main base. And suddenly I discovered I was not alone anymore. One member of another tribe, a tribe I thought had abandoned the server completely popped in and intended to play again. So we had a little chat and then I took Rexi for a little funny walk.
First direction was to the snow biome to our base there. It is not far from our main base at the waterfall of the West Coast, so it was a nice start. On the way there we passed several Rexes, Mammooths, Sabertooths, Wolfes and Rhinos. All of them obviously considered it as a good idea to fight with Rexi and had to figure out it was a really bad one for them. So I had enogh meat to feed the wolves, penguins and the bear in the ice and of course I have not forgotten the herbivores we parked there as I had around 600 berries in Rexi's inventory. So, those animals were fed, the prime meat was cooked and safely stored in the fridge and so I could continue my visiting of bases walk.
The next base is located at the foot of the volcano, by the river, between swamp and forest, right at the end of the gorge coming from the waterfall of our main base. Going there was nothing special, some animals here and there, now and then, ready to be eaten by Rexi (at least he had a lot of fun), some ruins to be explored and notes found. So feeding all animals in that base and again a nice little chat with the other tribe and we figured out, that she (A) had a huge problem. All other tribemembers had abandoned the server and not make her admin of the tribe, so she could not do anything there. So I decided to help her out with some animals as we have enough of them and went to her.
On the way there I passed by our Island base on Cragg's Island opposite of the red obelisk and then I headed further south to meet A. She wants to build a base on the peninsula with those stone columns, nice place to have a base.
Close to our Island base, I passed by an abandoned base with a lot of animals still inside (I know for sure, that the player quit playing). I claimed a Rex and a Mammooth and intended to take them with me as a gift for A. Unfortunately the Rex fell totally in love with a jelly fish on the way to A. He was stunned by her beauty and not able to move again, so he decided to stay in the water with her, but obviously she did not reply his love and killed him instead. But at least he died with a happy face. The Mammooth on the other hand decided to follow me and Rexi and we reached savely A. She got some animals for a good new start from me and then I went back to my main base and logged off.

This was my story from yesterday, not sure what to do today after work, we will see.

My stories are getting less and less fruitful.

I logged in solo again last night as no sign of any of my my 4 tribemates. I got my taming gear and went out for a flight - saw no 150 Pteras. I flew around the Center for around 45 mins and nothing. My current 145 pre tame bird levelled up to 235 just by flying round which was quite nice.

I returned to base and jumped on Marcus Aurelius (my 240 Rex) and grinded out some food. Accidentally wrecked a 150 Trike which would have actually been a nice tame and proceeded to fill up troughs.

Jumped back on my bird and went looking for my elusive 150 tame. Came across a 150 Ptera (player) and asked if he had seen any 150 Pteras. He hadnt, and was out looking for a 150 Trike for a Tribemate of his. I guiltily explained of my brief encounter of one whilst on my Rex. 

I felt bad so went off in search of a Trike and said I'd let him know in Server chat. Spent the next 45 mins flying round for a 150 Trike - nothing.

I am seeing a pattern here... if anyone wants a 150 tame of any sort, don't ask me to find one for you as they go into hiding and will only return when I am not online.

One of my goals last night was to go to the JM cave (Immune artifact) and find some guantlet bps as they are the ones we are sadly lacking in any quality; but failed to do this in the 3 hrs I was on.

Tonight I wont be in with any luck as my wife is having major surgery tomorrow so I will be up at 5am to take her to a hospital far far away... oh how selfish she is!

Hopefully Ill have luck on Saturday night and come back with a good story to tell on Monday. 

Until then... save up your stories :)